• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
OK seriously, where did this picture come from?
Ok so I find out that it was from a press release news article and not from a new video. The article was during E3 apparently and it’s not from a video.
I don’t know the article, but the image was found here:
http://smashbros-ultimate.com/characters/daisy

the wording here makes me think Peach's Daisy alt will be cut.
I hope it is cut. Its absence encourages players to actually go and use daisy instead.

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
Another article about Daisy (translated ofc):
View attachment 161182
Looks like we are going to get more aestetic differences while attacking like Dark Samus.
The one thing I noticed is that Daisy smiles in her f-air but all the expressions seem to match with Peach to be honest...ugh she seems to be a copy-paste

Also, I feel like Peach’s Daisy alt is most likely gone.

Last edited:

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
I am almost sure Peach's Daisy alt is gone considering they removed the old Wario and Dark Samus alts.
Then again, we did get Pit’s Dark Pit alt. And Simon has a Richter color palette. They could very well keep the Daisy palette for Peach, and give Daisy a Peach palette.

Last edited:

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
Are there any potential alts for Daisy you guys are pretty confident will be in? For me, I think she will receive a hypothetical "fire" alt with a white dress and maybe dark orange accents. Her alternate costume in Mario Tennis 64 seems likely to me as well, with a lavender and purple dress.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Get a load of this, guys. The Duke knows what up!

*Skip to 5:15 for Daisy's segment, though I'd say the whole video is a great watch.*

Would any of y'all be down with these hypotheticals for a future title? I know I would!

EDIT: Somehow never noticed that WeirdChillFever beat me to the punch 2 pages ago. :rolleyes: oops.

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Then again, we did get Pit’s Dark Pit alt. And Simon has a Richter color palette. They could very well keep the Daisy palette for Peach, and give Daisy a Peach palette.
Simon has a Richter palette? I've seen a blue alt inspired by his Super Castlevania IV appearance but not a Richter palette. The Pit's Dark Pit palette has gone generic since 4 so something tells me we are getting either Peach with blonde hair and yellow dress or a brand new one.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Are there any potential alts for Daisy you guys are pretty confident will be in? For me, I think she will receive a hypothetical "fire" alt with a white dress and maybe dark orange accents. Her alternate costume in Mario Tennis 64 seems likely to me as well, with a lavender and purple dress.
I want most especially:
1) Turquoise / pretty sea green color
2) entirely black and white from Gameboy
3) black and yellow dress like Peach and Rosalina

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I don't know why, but something tells me that if she ends up getting a fire alt, it's gonna be based on Luigi's, other than that I would like to see a Rosa based scheme.

Btw, I know that this isn't the thread for stuff like this, but I am super stoked for the remaster of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for the Switch next year as I thought that it would be a pipedream at best.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
We know absolutely 100% for sure that Daisy will have her normal alt and a wedding gown (pure white) alt.

What I'm hoping for, though, I'm not gonna hold back on any technical issues or anything, so I'm just gonna include what I want to see. With that in mind:
1) Default (Given)
2) Wedding (Given)
3) Fire Alt w/ Ponytail
4) Strikers Gear
5) Sports Outfit
6) Peach Alt (Pink dress, blonde hair, heart effects)
7) Rosa Alt (Blue dress, blonde hair, star effects)
8) Pauline Alt (Red dress, black hair, ??? effects)

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
I don't think they would make a particle system like that for skins. I don't think that's possible....right?

Confident we will see a Pauline alternate and her classic look!

Last edited:

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
I just noticed something.

You know how a video snippet demonstrates things, and the title card explains it? Well, in Daisy’s reveal in the “moves behave differently” segment....they show side B and neutral B as examples of this!

But they don’t display the card in the segment where we see the up air and up smash.

It’s very likely that Daisy’s side B and neutral B behave differently. The Side B is probably the fast startup and the neutral B is probably a diff. counter forumla (most likely reason why Toad is a different colour!)

Last edited:

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
The direct was very disappointing to be honest. First, we don't even get a full playable Peach and Daisy in NSMB U...there's a new character called Peachette that meshes their two abilities together! The animations even look straight from Mario Run!

Secondly, Luigi's Mansion 3 has Peach, which I love! But why can't Luigi be with Daisy? Unless Mario, Peach and Toad were kidnapped and Daisy's Player 2?

Why couldn't Daisy be a semi-clone with Peach as a base but the stuff like floating gone? Did they really think Daisy is just a Yellow Peach?

Actually NVM Isabelle's unique.

Last edited:

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
The direct was very disappointing to be honest. First, we don't even get a full playable Peach and Daisy in NSMB U...there's a new character called Peachette that meshes their two abilities together! The animations even look straight from Mario Run!

Secondly, Luigi's Mansion 3 has Peach, which I love! But why can't Luigi be with Daisy? Unless Mario, Peach and Toad were kidnapped and Daisy's Player 2?

Thirdly, we know that new semi-clones exist. Isabelle is one. Why couldn't Daisy be a semi-clone with Peach as a base but the stuff like floating gone? Did they really think Daisy is just a Yellow Peach?
I completely agree with your last point. It honestly does make me think they just threw her in as a near carbon copy since her and Peach are very similar physically. Would it really be that hard to tweak a few animations to better fit Daisy? Such as her walk....

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice

Thirdly, we know that new semi-clones exist. Isabelle is one. Why couldn't Daisy be a semi-clone with Peach as a base but the stuff like floating gone? Did they really think Daisy is just a Yellow Peach?
Indeed, worst direct in a long time.

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe was a kick on the b***s, instead of getting Peach and Daisy we get Toadette and a Peach poser with the same abilities as them.

For Luigi Mansion 3, don't worry there is still hope to see Daisy.

Yes Daisy could've been perfect as a Peach echo despite some brainless people say "even in Mario games she is just yellow Peach". I am still fine with her as an echo tho.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

Why couldn't Daisy be a semi-clone with Peach as a base but the stuff like floating gone? Did they really think Daisy is just a Yellow Peach?

Where is peach in Luigi’s mansion 3?

The Hat Trick

Smash Rookie
Indeed, worst direct in a long time.

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe was a kick on the b***s, instead of getting Peach and Daisy we get Toadette and a Peach poser with the same abilities as them.

For Luigi Mansion 3, don't worry there is still hope to see Daisy.

Yes Daisy could've been perfect as a Peach echo despite some brainless people say "even in Mario games she is just yellow Peach". I am still fine with her as an echo tho.
Omg the Toadette/Peach thing drives me crazy. Why not just put Peach and Daisy in? Is Toadette really such a highly demanded character?

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice

I'm fully convinced that using Daisy or Waluigi in anything not spin off related is illegal. Like seriously when they showed the online mode they used 2 toads instead of them like wtf.

I thought that with Super Mario Run and Smash Bros Daisy's situation was going to change, but looks like it won't. I'm starting to think that it was a miracle that she got in both games... (also I just remembered that she wasn't in the base game of Super Mario Maker...yikes)

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
I'm fully convinced that using Daisy or Waluigi in anything not spin off related is illegal. Like seriously when they showed the online mode they used 2 toads instead of them like wtf.

I thought that with Super Mario Run and Smash Bros Daisy's situation was going to change, but looks like it won't. I'm starting to think that it was a miracle that she got in both games... (also I just remembered that she wasn't in the base game of Super Mario Maker...yikes)
Getting in the playable roster as a full character, (based off Peach with quirks of her own) with a major redesign to her attire, and as one of the mascots of a new concept of the game at a big event, and in a game of limited newcomers including new clones is not a small feat at all. In fact, it shows how far Daisy has come since simply being a damsel in Mario Land.

In fact, Ninty has certainly not forgotten Daisy at all. She is getting loads of new art, and Sanei is even making Baby Daisy plushies. She's getting a second amiibo of the premium $16 quality, something that no other Mario character will get.

Last edited:

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
Honestly I think Daisy’s appearance was not due to the fandom, but more of a personal pick.

Her fans probably helped, but the way she was referenced in past Smash games plus how it increased in Smash 4, and the fact that echo fighters were most likely planned this time around, and that Daisy was one of the first echoes planned and conceived (evidenced by her mirror art stance)

The only thing we need to find out now is what they are going for her. I have a feeling that she’s 90% Peach, but she has different float properties and some adjusted moves (some aerials, side B, neutral B, vegetable items)

It would be satisfying if they did this and then Daisy would feel like she’s not a simple reskin anymore and more of her own thing, like Chrom or Mario characters in platformers and tennis.

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I think Daisy’s appearance was not due to the fandom, but more of a personal pick.

Her fans probably helped, but the way she was referenced in past Smash games plus how it increased in Smash 4, and the fact that echo fighters were most likely planned this time around, and that Daisy was one of the first echoes planned and conceived (evidenced by her mirror art stance)

The only thing we need to find out now is what they are going for her. I have a feeling that she’s 90% Peach, but she has different float properties and some adjusted moves (some aerials, side B, neutral B, vegetable items)

It would be satisfying if they did this and then Daisy would feel like she’s not a simple reskin anymore and more of her own thing, like Chrom or Mario characters in platformers and tennis.
I honestly think every character was chosen for something more than popularity, I really doubit Sakurai would pic the 15 most popular characters of the ballot and call it a day, each character has something more than popularity going for him/her.

Inkling = protagonist of a new successful franchise.
Daisy = relevant, appeared in Super Mario Land which influenced the Mario series a lot.
Ridley = main antagonist in Metroid.
Simon = protagonist of an iconic franchise.
Richter = same as Simon.
Chrom = one of the protagonists of the best selling FE game.
Dark Samus = big antagonist in Metroid.
King K Rool = main antagonist in DK.
Isabelle = second biggest Animal Crossing character right now.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Small nitpick time!!

To be honest I don't like how in newer renders and models they seem to be giving Daisy lipstick and more prominent lips. It makes her look even more like Peach. In older games, she had no lipstick on which really set her apart.

Thankfully in Smash they decided to go with no lipstick. To me, she looks the best in Smash Ultimate and in the Olympic games. In Ultra Smash/Tennis Aces, I feel that her face looks very much like Peach.

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Small nitpick time!!

To be honest I don't like how in newer renders and models they seem to be giving Daisy lipstick and more prominent lips. It makes her look even more like Peach. In older games, she had no lipstick on which really set her apart.

Thankfully in Smash they decided to go with no lipstick. To me, she looks the best in Smash Ultimate and in the Olympic games. In Ultra Smash/Tennis Aces, I feel that her face looks very much like Peach.
To be honest I don't see any lipstick, I just see more defined lips, she still has her different face.
Plastic effect aside, I don't think the new artworks look bad aside the Ultra Smash one, that is atrocious.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
To be honest I don't see any lipstick, I just see more defined lips, she still has her different face.
Plastic effect aside, I don't think the new artworks look bad aside the Ultra Smash one, that is atrocious.
Lol. Yeah there is a bit of a plastic effect

Also for some reason when I linked the images they became wayyyy smaller.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
https://mynintendonews.com/2018/09/...-their-top-20-favorite-video-game-characters/

Turns out that the rumors of Daisy being really popular in Japan were true after all! This would explain why she is doing the peace symbol all the time in this game, since that's also crazily popular there (although it is technically a Mario Golf Toadstool Tour reference)
That list is weird TBH. Link's higher than Pikachu, characters like Samus and Donkey Kong are missing, and there's only two non-Nintendo characters. And one of them is Sans.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I just wanna know if Daisy actually has differences from Peach or not, or if it’s just cosmetic :(
They are practically confirmed to have differences.

Remember in Smash 4, when Lucina was announced?

"With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually."

Dank Pit, the literal clone of the series, only has four moves that behave in a diffrerent manner (F-Tilt, Arrows, Side B, FS), yet is a separate character.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
I just wanna know if Daisy actually has differences from Peach or not, or if it’s just cosmetic :(
She already has a smaller hurtbox, a faster air bomber and a worse F-air and parasol (pretty sure it's going to be different), we got 4 so far, we will totally get other differences, we have to wait until the game releases, the worst thing about Peach and Daisy's trailers is that both of them shows potentiall differences but also different attacks so we cannot verify them.

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I sure hope the distinction between alts and Echoes don't stop her from getting her sports outfit.

Top Bottom