• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Being realistic, Daisy would probably one of the spirits needing rescued along with either everyone who isn't the original 8 or everyone bar the Miis (theory I have going).

That said, I have a couple of cutscene ideas. Here's one

(Unlock all characters who are princesses)
Peach walking in the castle gardens minding her own business when Bowser tries to kidnap her. Suddenly the Koopa King is smaked in the face by a turnip. Shakes it off to reveal Daisy. Bowser gets back on his feet but then sees Zelda summon a Phantom, then turns to see Lucina and Rosalina (not technically a princess but still)
Bowser realises he's surrounded, looks directly into camera with an "oh no..." look on his face

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
It would be hilarious if we got Subspace-type cutscenes where everyone is basically mute except for Daisy who would sometimes just yell whatever comes to her mind.

I can already picture it: after defeating someone like Bowser/Ganondorf/Ridley, she just goes “OH YEAH!! I DID IT!! GO DAISY!! GO DAISY” while dancing whereas everyone is super serious.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Dunno why, but SmashWiki claims Daisy has a different double jump animation. Anyone who can confirm this?
Eh it looks exactly the same as Peach’s. I’ll remove it.

On her page users tend to say certain moves/animations are different but I can assure that they are not, unfortunately.

If I have to replay the animation over and over to see a change, then there’s no change lol

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Eh it looks exactly the same as Peach’s. I’ll remove it.

On her page users tend to say certain moves/animations are different but I can assure that they are not, unfortunately.

If I have to replay the animation over and over to see a change, then there’s no change lol
Acutally, as someone who rewatched the Smash Ultimate direct over and over, their second jumping animations are clearly different, escpecially the hands/arms, look at the training mode part and the stage hazard part.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Acutally, as someone who rewatched the Smash Ultimate direct over and over, their second jumping animations are clearly different, escpecially the hands/arms, look at the training mode part and the stage hazard part.
Ah ok, my bad. I saw it.

Looks like Peach has a new double jump animation where her back is upright; Daisy’s seems to be reused from Peach’s in Smash 4.

Also, I’m not too sure but, Daisy Bomber seems to be crazy fast. During Hyrule Temple n64, she hits it on Shiek and follows into another one suuper quickly. I hope Peach can’t do this lol

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Ah ok, my bad. I saw it.

Looks like Peach has a new double jump animation where her back is upright; Daisy’s seems to be reused from Peach’s in Smash 4.

Also, I’m not too sure but, Daisy Bomber seems to be crazy fast. During Hyrule Temple n64, she hits it on Shiek and follows into another one suuper quickly. I hope Peach can’t do this lol
I've noticed that as well, maybe it's this why it was so prominent during Daisy's reveal and trailer?

Luminario

Smash Lord
Are you sure? Peach is double jumping backwards while Daisy is going forwards, couldn't it just be the difference in animation from that?

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure? Peach is double jumping backwards while Daisy is going forwards, couldn't it just be the difference in animation from that?
I mean, before she was hit she was not going backwards.
Anyway even if that is the chase Daisy's backwards jump uses a more similar but still different animation.

D

Deleted member

Daisy is one of those characters that I didn't even know I wanted until they were confirmed. I'm going to be playing her a lot come December.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrostySapphire

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting but I’ve lurked for a while. I just wanted to know if anyone noticed something I saw during the direct.

During the N64 Hyrule Castle portion, we see Daisy actually pull a Turnip. Even though it’s hard to tell because of the graphic, Daisy ducks down, stands up, then ducks down again and pulls the turnip. My estimation is that her down b lasts around 39 frames. When I compared this to Peach’s character trailer, I found that Peach’s was about 55 frames. So either this was changed for both princesses, or we have our first big gameplay difference.

If I’ve made a mistake, let me know!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting but I’ve lurked for a while. I just wanted to know if anyone noticed something I saw during the direct.

During the N64 Hyrule Castle portion, we see Daisy actually pull a Turnip. Even though it’s hard to tell because of the graphic, Daisy ducks down, stands up, then ducks down again and pulls the turnip. My estimation is that her down b lasts around 39 frames. When I compared this to Peach’s character trailer, I found that Peach’s was about 55 frames. So either this was changed for both princesses, or we have our first big gameplay difference.

If I’ve made a mistake, let me know!
I’ve noticed her down B to have a quicker start up as well though I feel like it’s just my eyes. I’m hoping it’s a different gameplay change... please be slower Peach.. lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It would make sense, with recent Mario games Daisy has gone from being mostly a copy of Peach stat wise to either being more all-rounded or a speedier character.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I think Peach shares the same Turnip pull speed, unfortunately, as shown in the e3 direct during 8 player Smash on Skyworld.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think it looks faster, also Daisy's turnip was huge compared to Peach's, I hope it will be a difference as well.

About the e3, part of the animation was cut off so as of now Daisy's is a tad faster. Let's hope they won't change it.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I honestly think it looks faster, also Daisy's turnip was huge compared to Peach's, I hope it will be a difference as well.

About the e3, part of the animation was cut off so as of now Daisy's is a tad faster. Let's hope they won't change it.
During the skyworld 8 player part? I don’t think peach’s turnip was cut off

FrostySapphire

Smash Rookie
I’ve been studying the Peach footage from E3, and while it’s a bit tough to get exact numbers because it transitions to the middle of her animation, I tried my best to match up Peach and Daisy to a similar frame. What I found is that there’s approx. a 6-7 frame difference between the two. Again, since this is from two different directs, it’s possible this change applies to both of them, but it’s just something I wanted to bring up.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
I’ve been studying the Peach footage from E3, and while it’s a bit tough to get exact numbers because it transitions to the middle of her animation, I tried my best to match up Peach and Daisy to a similar frame. What I found is that there’s approx. a 6-7 frame difference between the two. Again, since this is from two different directs, it’s possible this change applies to both of them, but it’s just something I wanted to bring up.
This is also true, there is stuff about Daisy's animation that has been updated in the direct so we can't be so sure that Peach's turnip stayed the same. (Please change the running animation Sakurai).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
To be fair this reminds me a lot of Mario VS Dr. Mario and Fox VS Falco back in Melee, they look the same, but have vastly different move properties, so we won't know for sure what those are until the game is out.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To be fair this reminds me a lot of Mario VS Dr. Mario and Fox VS Falco back in Melee, they look the same, but have vastly different move properties, so we won't know for sure what those are until the game is out.
At least we got more training mode tools to see for outselves and people in general are more hack savvy so failing everything we can just look right at it.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Haha how cool. I was born in 1998 and was still a little toddler playing melee so I can’t relate to speculating that far lol

On the topic of nostalgia, I remember creating imaginary rosters and putting almost ever character from every series (even Goomba, or Saria from Zelda) and Daisy of course.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
hey I discovered something, during the training mode part in the latest direct there is a cut gameplay part that show a certain attack, I don't remember any Peach attack having such a rage. What attack is this? Cattura.PNG

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Personally I would enjoy a Final Smash involving Petey Piranha since Daisy is all about flowers and he is basically a giant flower, also because they intereacted in several games. I am 99.9% sure it won't happen tho.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One fun thing Dasiy could do for a Final Smash, calling back to SML, is for her to nick Fox's and attack the stage in the Sky Pop

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
To be very honest the Daisy SSBU page on Smashwiki is filled with the most irrelevant of minutia.

The aesthetic differences- “Daisy’s hands are placed differently at the end of Peach bomber, Daisy smiles during [x attack] and Peach doesn’t? Daisy’s eyes are closed during neutral attack?”

Sorry but some of this stuff is so unnecessary; I feel that it doesn’t make the two fighters seem more different, instead it’s finding every little thing that probably isn’t even different and using as much of them as possible to make the list look bigger.

Stuff like different taunts, different effects, and looking not afraid during Toad is completely fine but all the other stuff should go :/

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
To be very honest the Daisy SSBU page on Smashwiki is filled with the most irrelevant of minutia.

The aesthetic differences- “Daisy’s hands are placed differently at the end of Peach bomber, Daisy smiles during [x attack] and Peach doesn’t? Daisy’s eyes are closed during neutral attack?”

Sorry but some of this stuff is so unnecessary; I feel that it doesn’t make the two fighters seem more different, instead it’s finding every little thing that probably isn’t even different and using as much of them as possible to make the list look bigger.

Stuff like different taunts, different effects, and looking not afraid during Toad is completely fine but all the other stuff should go :/
I think things like that should be re-written like they are on Dark Samus page:
"Most of Daisy's animations have been aesthetically altered to match Daisy's personality more giving her different facial expressions and different poses."
Something like this.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Do you guys think Daisy will have a different victory theme ?
I don't think she will but it would be cool if she had a remix of the level clear or a snippet from the overworld theme

Top Bottom