• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Aren't Daisy and Peach in different height levels due to being in the Mario's Galaxy stage? Also for some reason Daisy's crown is tinier than Peach's so maybe they aren't that far off from each other and it's just perspective.

https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/fighter/daisy/ss_6.jpg

In this other picture Daisy looks almost as tall as Peach, but she is still shorter like in the Mario games. Besides, there isn't such a big difference from each other in the Mario Games as shown by this comparison

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/963/447/940.jpg

As a side note: God Peach's idle pose is horrible. They should fix it because she looks dead inside in comparison to Daisy.
The idle animation is honestly my favorite change they've made from Peach to Daisy so far; Peach just looks so bored.

As for the heights, they would indeed be a little skewed because of the stage, though it is still indicative that Daisy's a little shorter. Even based on height charts, though, it's not by much. My measurements are sure not to be accurate, anyway, Smash measurements are too off-the-wall to really put everyone in faithfully. Kirby is canonically 8" tall, if that's any indication.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
As a side note: God Peach's idle pose is horrible. They should fix it because she looks dead inside in comparison to Daisy.
Yeah, Peach seems super unfinished, or just badly animated. Her idle is clearly her one from the past games only at an angle now so it looks pretty weird like she's side-eyeing the enemy, her uh-huh taunt doesn't have the spin, and her new throws lack personality when Toad is the one attacking. It's funny, now Zelda's the one with more personality.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Peach seems super unfinished, or just badly animated. Her idle is clearly her one from the past games only at an angle now so it looks pretty weird like she's side-eyeing the enemy, her uh-huh taunt doesn't have the spin, and her new throws lack personality when Toad is the one attacking. It's funny, now Zelda's the one with more personality.
I feel like the lack of spin in her taunt was made to differentiate it from Daisy's. In exchange she got a heart so it's not too bad. However the thing that worries me is that Peach might be actually finished since Daisy is likely a heavily modified version of Peach's model, and it would make more sense to finish someone's model before creating """copies""" of it. At least to me

Luminario

Smash Lord
I feel like the lack of spin in her taunt was made to differentiate it from Daisy's. In exchange she got a heart so it's not too bad. However the thing that worries me is that Peach might be actually finished since Daisy is likely a heavily modified version of Peach's model, and it would make more sense to finish someone's model before creating """copies""" of it. At least to me
You're probably right unfortunately. The lack of the spin is so noticable though, you can clearly see where they just cut the spin out and left the rest in with how jagged the transition to the taunt is. At least give her a slight dainty sway for her idle to contrast with Daisy's upbeat swing.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Credit goes to the WeAreAllDaisy Tumblr.

Daisy (5'11") is "canonically" 2 inches shorter than Peach (6'1"), but with pixel measurements, we get:

Peach is 454 pixels tall (w/o her crown), so each pixel is ~0.1564 inches. Daisy is 420 pixels tall (haha), so she's ~65.5 inches, or 5'8.5". Still tall for a woman, granted, but y'know.

Smash measurements are ridiculous, too, so for all we know, she's even smaller compared to other fighters like Ganondorf, the tallest in the game.

Wario is 10 feet tall
Isn't it better to measure them side to side on an omega stage? That stage is known for having unique gravity and being spherical in shape, affecting both gameplay and scaling. Maybe once a side by side Peach and Daisy comes around on a balanced stage, the results would be more accurate.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it better to measure them side to side on an omega stage? That stage is known for having unique gravity and being spherical in shape, affecting both gameplay and scaling. Maybe once a side by side Peach and Daisy comes around on a balanced stage, the results would be more accurate.
As far as I know, that's the only side-by-side of Peach and Daisy that exists (there's a second picture with both Peach and Daisy in it, but that's at an odd angle. Someone else has posted it here). I'm not sure why they chose the Mario Galaxy stage in the first place, honestly, I feel like the Peach's Castle one would work better, but I digress.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
As far as I know, that's the only side-by-side of Peach and Daisy that exists (there's a second picture with both Peach and Daisy in it, but that's at an odd angle. Someone else has posted it here). I'm not sure why they chose the Mario Galaxy stage in the first place, honestly, I feel like the Peach's Castle one would work better, but I digress.
Oh, I saw someone pointed that out before I did. Darn it. But nonetheless, their heights should be quite similar, generally having Daisy shorter than Peach. That would probably be the case seeing how their crowns look different in size.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Oh, I saw someone pointed that out before I did. Darn it. But nonetheless, their heights should be quite similar, generally having Daisy shorter than Peach. That would probably be the case seeing how their crowns look different in size.
I say we wait until the game comes out to see just how different they are.

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else really like Daisy's idle stance, but not so much Peach's? Daisy's is energetic and fits her perfectly. Peach's seems kinda stiff to me with her arms ever so slightly bent forward.

Musha4DaWin

Smash Cadet
However the thing that worries me is that Peach might be actually finished since Daisy is likely a heavily modified version of Peach's model, and it would make more sense to finish someone's model before creating """copies""" of it. At least to me
Don't worry, there's a low chance of that. If she was finished, she would've been in the demo, right? At least Peach's animations may change, since Daisy probably uses different ones. Anyway, yeah. GIVE PEACH HER SOUL BACK! At least being bored is a taunt in some way.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Don't worry, there's a low chance of that. If she was finished, she would've been in the demo, right? At least Peach's animations may change, since Daisy probably uses different ones. Anyway, yeah. GIVE PEACH HER SOUL BACK! At least being bored is a taunt in some way.
I'm bothered by the fact that she lost the spin to her taunt, because to be honest, them two having the spin makes them so unique and yet similar to each other in some ways. Maybe they're trying to give Peach the "prim and proper" Princess attitude while have Daisy being the crazy, tango-esque salsa girl.

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
You're probably right unfortunately. The lack of the spin is so noticable though, you can clearly see where they just cut the spin out and left the rest in with how jagged the transition to the taunt is. At least give her a slight dainty sway for her idle to contrast with Daisy's upbeat swing.
It seems like such a random and unnecessary thing to actually put effort into changing.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Still excited to hear which voice clips they choose for Daisy.
I'm hoping at least one of them are new for Christ sakes

Does anyone else really like Daisy's idle stance, but not so much Peach's? Daisy's is energetic and fits her perfectly. Peach's seems kinda stiff to me with her arms ever so slightly bent forward.
yeah her idle stance makes her more unique!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Random, but I really like how they made her face in this game, especially her lack of lipstick. In newer games like Ultra Smash she has such prominent orange lips which I'm not a fan of. lol

I'm hoping at least one of them are new for Christ sakes
lol I would love new voices but I doubt it. I honestly love a lot of her clips already though, especially the Mario Kart Wii ones where she sounds so much louder and boyish. I hate the Mario Party 10 ones they are just lame.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Top o' the hour. Have any of you caught wind of this video recently?

There's no changing Daisy's clone status (though I'm sure most of us have swallowed that pill a while ago), but I'd say this would ideal for her aesthetic-wise.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Top o' the hour. Have any of you caught wind of this video recently?

There's no changing Daisy's clone status (though I'm sure most of us have swallowed that pill a while ago), but I'd say this would ideal for her aesthetic-wise.
I originally wanted to set up a campaign to change some things but I'm already thankful for everything so I decided not to ask for more.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Oofy I'm so excited to use daisy, it's a little disheartening that she's a echo but at least she's fighting with the big boys now. I nearly screamed when I saw her too lol, the day before I had no hope she was getting in

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
By the way, some time ago I read that they have shortened the animations of taunts in general, probably because they want us to use taunt more without it being too risky. Shortening taunts is their way of "buffing" them, it seems, lol.

Removing the spin was easiest for them to reduce the animation of down taunt. Up tuant is likely to be shorter as well. Im curious what theyre gonna do with her side taunt tho? That one is her longest, and probably one of the best taunts in the game. Perhaps they'll keep one long taunt, but I must admit that there having been times where I used down taunt instead of side taunt because side taunt is so dangerous since its takes so long.

(If they remove her LALALALALALAAA~ voice clip, we can consider that a HUGE nerf though).

Luminario

Smash Lord
By the way, some time ago I read that they have shortened the animations of taunts in general, probably because they want us to use taunt more without it being too risky. Shortening taunts is their way of "buffing" them, it seems, lol.

Removing the spin was easiest for them to reduce the animation of down taunt. Up tuant is likely to be shorter as well. Im curious what theyre gonna do with her side taunt tho? That one is her longest, and probably one of the best taunts in the game. Perhaps they'll keep one long taunt, but I must admit that there having been times where I used down taunt instead of side taunt because side taunt is so dangerous since its takes so long.

(If they remove her LALALALALALAAA~ voice clip, we can consider that a HUGE nerf though).
Oh I saw that too. Don't really get why though, if you get punished for taunting you kinda deserve it. The uh-huh taunt was one of her fastest too cause it took no time at all, so it doesn't make that much sense. It even takes the same amount of time to finish than other character's taunts in Ultimate.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I know it won’t happen, but I would love to have Peach and Daisy to have their sports and kart gear as alts...one day

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
For Daisy's trophy, what games do you guys think will be listed?
I'm thinking Mario Land (1989) and Super Mario Run (2017).

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
A 30 second rundown of differences, as the lead-in to the next Echo would do even.
This is acutally a decent idea, I am just hoping she will get at least one attribute changed and one or two different moves, the best option is that we will get a clone like Melee Ganon or 4 Dr Mario, the worst option is a clone that is 100% the same, dang hopefully not...

Last edited:

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised they haven't revealed one thing about her yet to differentiate her from Peach. She's the first of potentially more new echoes, yet they didn't touch on any differences. I'm hoping this means that when they actually do, they will be substantial.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised they haven't revealed one thing about her yet to differentiate her from Peach. She's the first of potentially more new echoes, yet they didn't touch on any differences. I'm hoping this means that when they actually do, they will be substantial.
Tomorrow would be ideal imo, I really hope that in the direct we finally get to known the main differences (Down B please be a dice block/carrot pretty pls!)

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
So, the direct ended and unfortunately Daisy has Peach's vegetables, did someone noticed any gameplay differences?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, the direct ended and unfortunately Daisy has Peach's vegetables, did someone noticed any gameplay differences?
Well the hozizontal knockback on her butt seems to be confirmed so there's that.
Intrestingly, Chrom is an echo but he has a unique move in his up-B.
What's up with that?

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Well the hozizontal knockback on her butt seems to be confirmed so there's that.
Intrestingly, Chrom is an echo but he has a unique move in his up-B.
What's up with that?
I also noticed that, his Final Smash seems to be unique as well.

At this point I put all my hope on Daisy's down aerial or down tilt. I also noticed (but I may be wrong) that her lateral Smash looks a, tad different than Peach's.

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Daisy appeared in several clips from the Direct, and:

-Jab is the same
-Dash Attack is the same
-Peach's Up Air was shown, and it has 2 rainbows instead of 1 like in Sm4sh.
-Daisy uses Turnips. :/

Here's hoping we get some fun changes come December.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Daisy appeared in several clips from the Direct, and:

-Jab is the same
-Dash Attack is the same
-Peach's Up Air was shown, and it has 2 rainbows instead of 1 like in Sm4sh.
-Daisy uses Turnips. :/

Here's hoping we get some fun changes come December.
I hope they will at least try to change one move, especially the Final Smash because it's about Peaches and doesn't fit with Daisy more than the rest of Peach's moveset combined.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Overall, the direct was AMAZING, and I'm thankful for Squad Strike Mode. Sucks that Daisy still has turnips, but I'm certain she'll get a new Final Smash.

What do you think the secret mode is? I'm hoping it's a story mode so bad. On Twitter, someone found that the blurred words read "Spirits", which people speculate to be a story based on the fact that so far in the CGI trailers, characters are dying. I hope this is the case.

I really want to see Daisy be relvant in the story.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hey Mods: it seems it could be a good idea for this thread to be pinned as the Daisy thread.

It is growing on me that she is in. Or maybe I like that I dont have to have her on screen/character displayed. I was sure that we would get stacked characters. I cannot believe we can choose!

Though... Id prefer to keep some stacked and the eventual release of Dixie, as a separate.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I actually don't mind the turnips, turnips are fun to throw. not to eat though
It's more that they don't really fit Daisy. She wasn't in Super Mario Bros. 2, where the turnips originated. Peach was in that game, so it makes sense.

Something like a carrot from Super Mario Land, Daisy's debut title, would be a lot better. But it's obviously nothing to get up in arms about.

Top Bottom