• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
As someone who supported her, I'm not gonna main Daisy. If I ever wanna play Peach in a match, I might play Daisy instead. Other than that, I won't be interested.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
As someone who supported her, I'm not gonna main Daisy. If I ever wanna play Peach in a match, I might play Daisy instead. Other than that, I won't be interested.
Same here, quite honestly. I have her set as my SSBU main because I want to play/main her (and sorta as a little "She's in!" meme, since she was the sole character I wanted in), but the problem is that I never really liked Peach in Smash 4. Or Melee, or Brawl. She's fun to mess around with, sure, but doesn't suit my playstyle as much as my actual mains, and I'd probably never want to put in the hours to main her.

I'm holding out hope that Daisy's fun to play, though. Removing Float, weirdly enough, would make me more enthusiastic about maining her; that's one of the things that turned me away from Peach in every other game. But we'll see, I guess; she does indeed have Float in Ultimate, but who knows if that'll change.

Last edited:

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
Maybe a controversial opinion, but I hope they don't pull bottom of the barrel characters and make them echoes like Dry Bowser because that would imply that at Sakurai's eyes, Daisy and him are at the same level (for example). It's already a little jarring that Dr. Mario is a """unique character""" and not Daisy, but at least it could be justified with the fact that he was in Melee and she was not. I just hope that in Smash 6 she has priority over him or other clones/echoes like Young Link or Dark Pit.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Maybe a controversial opinion, but I hope they don't pull bottom of the barrel characters and make them echoes like Dry Bowser because that would imply that at Sakurai's eyes, Daisy and him are at the same level (for example). It's already a little jarring that Dr. Mario is a """unique character""" and not Daisy, but at least it could be justified with the fact that he was in Melee and she was not. I just hope that in Smash 6 she has priority over him or other clones/echoes like Young Link or Dark Pit.
Personally I think after this game every character from the previous games will be kept in the next Smash and so will Daisy, if the character models and animations will get imported from the Wii U Smash like they were in Ultimate then I'm 100% sure they all will come back. If this doesn't happen I'm positive she is coming back, she is a recurring character in the Mario series, is popular in Japan and was one of the first newcomers to be announced for this game.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Personally I think after this game every character from the previous games will be kept in the next Smash and so will Daisy, if the character models and animations will get imported from the Wii U Smash like they were in Ultimate then I'm 100% sure they all will come back. If this doesn't happen I'm positive she is coming back, she is a recurring character in the Mario series, is popular in Japan and was one of the first newcomers to be announced for this game.
Sadly Sakurai has already said in an interview that this whole "everyone is here" idea is something they may only be able to pull off once. and a big part of why we do have everyone is that they are reusing a lot of assets from smash 4.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I don't know how to play Peach either as my bnb are swordsmen, but it looks like I am gonna have to learn her because I really want to use Daisy.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I would have no time for pettiness if Dr Luigi is in tbh. Just hype. Just tears. Just dreams

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I think the whole idea of Echoes was to say "See, we wanted to include this character, but because of [x], we couldn't." Now, that [x] could be time, resources, or just plain lack of character traits (which I think is unlikely; all 3 Echoes we know of have more than enough personality/traits of their own to make a moveset and then some). At least that's how I see it. It sucks, yeah, but it's likely the best we could get. I'm almost 100% sure that in the next game (whenever that is), when they have more time to add newcomers and don't have to cater to the "Everyone is Here" tagline, they'll declone the Echoes.

Also, back to recolors for a little bit, the Tumblr account "uh-huh-alright-daisy," which is more or less a Daisy fanpage, recently posted a bunch of possible recolors for her. They're actually really well done, there's a Peach and Rosa alt, one without her crown (?), a black-and-white one (maybe for Mario Land, but that would be black and green...?), etc. I won't be posting them here, because I don't know if that violates a bunch of rules on Smashboards, but y'know, food for thought. Since a few people on here mentioned that Rosa alt.

Update: The "WeAreAllDaisy" Tumblr did the same thing.

Last edited:

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
The way they introduced Daisy left me the impression she was the last Echo.
I think that we will see one or two more echoes at best, because before the term was revealed, a large potion of the fanbase hated clones (for some...reason). And tbh I hope that Isabelle gets in as one, because I don't see her making the cut as a unique fighter when Villager represent their home series so perfectly :(

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
The way they introduced Daisy left me the impression she was the last Echo.
Well that would be really pointless if they introduced an official name for a specific kind of clone character only to have that label for two veterans and one newcomer. Pichu could have gotten that Echo fighter label and to just introduce something and not bring it up again would be a Big Lipped Alligator Moment.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I still can't believe I accidentally predicted Daisy in an attempt to being sarcastic.

Gonna take a shot at the dark and say it's just a cheeky way of saying Mario Party (technically based on board games).

Which can only mean one thing...

SHE'S COMING...

Last edited:

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
For some reason people are saying that Daisy is going to have the same height as Peach in this game due to her being an Echo Fighter.

Daisy will obviously be shorter than Peach but if she is indeed the same height as Peach in this game, I will say that I would be extremely dissapointed.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yo! Congratulations, Daisy fans. Should have stopped by earlier.
I know this isn't the Daisy most of you were hoping for, but at least it's step one.

As for me, I was more excited by her announcement that I thought I'd be.
... Not surprising, who would get mad at such an upbeat greeting? :D

That said. There's something I've been nitpicking in my head..
I know Echoes will be Echoes, but having Daisy throwing turnips just doesn't feel right.

What I'd love to see replacing that one move alone would be something similar to Bowser JR's DownB instead. Only instead of the mecha koopas, you get 1 out of 3 different enemies.

The turtle. (Upon hit, he exits his shell. If he doesn't make it back, the shell self-destructs causing some damage).

The crab. (Takes 2 hits to dispatch. 1st hit makes him angry and will pursue faster).

The hornet. (Pursues jumping).

These enemies appear in the Mario Bros (arcade) Stage from Brawl. But these enemies were also the common enemies found in the first half from Super Mario Land, the game where Daisy originated.

(And yes, their damage output and KB would have to be significantly nerfed)
So that's that. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I know Echoes will be Echoes, but having Daisy throwing turnips just doesn't feel right.
They could always have Daisy pull out Carrots from Super Mario Land 2.

Peach's Vegetable = Turnip from Super Mario Bros. 2
Daisy's Vegetable = Carrot from Super Mario Land 2

Makes sense since Daisy was in the original Super Mario Land.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
They could always have Daisy pull out Carrots from Super Mario Land 2.

Peach's Vegetable = Turnip from Super Mario Bros. 2
Daisy's Vegetable = Carrot from Super Mario Land 2

Makes sense since Daisy was in the original Super Mario Land.
Wasn't the carrot a Power up?
Funny how Mario Land series introduced 2 popular characters, Daisy and Wario.
Super Mario Land 3 (Warioland) introduced Captain Syrup, though... I think. A shame she didn't become more popular.
Did Super Mario 3D Land introduce any new character (wearing something yellow too)?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wasn't the carrot a Power up?
Funny how Mario Land series introduced 2 popular characters, Daisy and Wario.
Super Mario Land 3 (Warioland) introduced Captain Syrup, though... I think. A shame she didn't become more popular.
Did Super Mario 3D Land introduce any new character (wearing something yellow too)?
Captain Syrup never became popular because Camelot didn’t bother to put her in Mario Tennis 64 back when Peach was the only female character in Mario spin-off games at the time.

They brought back Daisy and Birdo from obscurity... and I suspect it’s because they have similar body builds as Peach and Yoshi.

The only noteworthy new character introduced in Super Mario 3D Land was Pom Pom.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
By the way, according to this Reddit post, Daisy's trailer is the most popular trailer out of all 66 fighters rocking at 185K views!

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8wf8d1/the_most_and_least_viewed_character_videos_from/

Best Mario character getting the recognition she deserves :D
Makes sense to me as even though we know she's a Peach Echo, she's still the newcomer we know the least about. I bet many of us have rewatched it many times to try and see if we can spot differences. Still doesn't cover the 15k difference though.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Captain Syrup never became popular because Camelot didn’t bother to put her in Mario Tennis 64 back when Peach was the only female character in Mario spin-off games at the time.

They brought back Daisy and Birdo from obscurity... and I suspect it’s because they have similar body builds as Peach and Yoshi.

The only noteworthy new character introduced in Super Mario 3D Land was Pom Pom.
Acutally Daisy was brought back because Camelot wanted a female counterpart to Luigi and Nintendo suggested Daisy. No one knows why Birdo is back however.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I know pretty much nothing about Birdo, but my best guess is that she's the spinoff-only variant of Yoshi. Just like Waluigi for Wario, Daisy for Peach, so on. Funnily enough, Birdo actually appears in quite a few main-series games. She was in Mario RPG, Wario's Woods, Paper Mario (Sticker Star and Color Splash), so on. Not even Daisy gets recognition like that, but I kinda see that as more funny than anything.

Last edited:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Figured I'd drop by with some funny material about our Princess in Smash along with an animation that looks and sounds like it came out of the 90's! I will admit, the animation contains at least one scene of fanservice, but nothing bad at least mods, in fact its almost a blink and you'll miss it deal!!

You're Invited, and Super Princess Daisy

I previously shared this with both WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever , and Aussie beforehand on the Daisy Discord, but I figured it would be good to show off. Aside from the "scene" that's brief on the planes, Daisy shows herself to be a badass, and part of me REALLY wishes to see Deanna Mustard get an opprotunity to speak fully as the Princess in such an anime....

One can dream folks, one can dream...

Maybe a Super Princess Daisy anime could be on my list of writing work in the future? ;) ~ Afro

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
I know pretty much nothing about Birdo, but my best guess is that she's the spinoff-only variant of Yoshi. Just like Waluigi for Wario, Daisy for Peach, so on. Funnily enough, Birdo actually appears in quite a few main-series games. She was in Mario RPG, Wario's Woods, Paper Mario (Sticker Star and Color Splash), so on. Not even Daisy gets recognition like that, but I kinda see that as more funny than anything.
Acutally, the only maingame Birdo has is Super Mario Bros 2.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I'm very happy Daisy got in. Sure it's a bit odd that Dr. Mario is labeled as not an Echo while she is, but there are more factors. 1) Daisy and Peach's playstyle is considered to be better than Dr. Mario who is slow anyway and 2) Daisy actually reoccurs in every spin off game so she indefinitely gets more spotlight than a lot of other fighters lol

Besides, it kinda says somthing that she was the main and first new Echo to be shown at e3. They know she's a very popular choice!

Also, Peach's final Smash is confirmed to return (Bowser's trailer shows a peach on the n64 dreamland stage), so that makes me wonder- will Daisy get her own final Smash?? I hope so! Throw them into a Piranha Plant, Daisy!

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I'm very happy Daisy got in. Sure it's a bit odd that Dr. Mario is labeled as not an Echo while she is, but there are more factors. 1) Daisy and Peach's playstyle is considered to be better than Dr. Mario who is slow anyway and 2) Daisy actually reoccurs in every spin off game so she indefinitely gets more spotlight than a lot of other fighters lol

Besides, it kinda says somthing that she was the main and first new Echo to be shown at e3. They know she's a very popular choice!

Also, Peach's final Smash is confirmed to return (Bowser's trailer shows a peach on the n64 dreamland stage), so that makes me wonder- will Daisy get her own final Smash?? I hope so! Throw them into a Piranha Plant, Daisy!
Dr. Mario isn't an Echo because he's slow. And, of course, he has a few different moves (Down Air and Down B). Echoes, on the other hand, share "the same basic moveset" (according to the Smash website) and have the same attributes (Speed, weight, jump height, etc., according to Nintendo Treehouse). Peach is considered high tier in Smash 4, too, so I'm willing to bet Daisy's gonna be pretty good. Now, if we have a "Hi I'm Daisy!" taunt, we're in business to create salt.

And they'd better make Daisy's Final Smash something fun. It's a shame Peach has the same FS, too, it doesn't really fit the "fast and to the point" mentality Sakurai said he was going for. Buuuut, we'll see if Daisy gets some love. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario isn't an Echo because he's slow. And, of course, he has a few different moves (Down Air and Down B). Echoes, on the other hand, share "the same basic moveset" (according to the Smash website) and have the same attributes (Speed, weight, jump height, etc., according to Nintendo Treehouse). Peach is considered high tier in Smash 4, too, so I'm willing to bet Daisy's gonna be pretty good. Now, if we have a "Hi I'm Daisy!" taunt, we're in business to create salt.

And they'd better make Daisy's Final Smash something fun. It's a shame Peach has the same FS, too, it doesn't really fit the "fast and to the point" mentality Sakurai said he was going for. Buuuut, we'll see if Daisy gets some love. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes, yes, I know what an Echo is.. The point I made was that it's odd that they decided to go the route of not making him an Echo and instead dinstinguish him with unique properties, while Daisy and Peach are twins.

That's what I was saying, that it what was odd that they went out of their way to make him not an Echo and give him even more changes than he already had.
But like I said, it's fine since Daisy will most likely be better in terms of competitive Smash and tier list.

I'm really hoping she has some unique properties in her attacks that'll outshine Peach, like better sweetspots, different trajectories, etc.
In her trailer, when she kicks Duck Hunt's can, the hitbox seems to be very large in front of her. But we'll see if it's the same for Peach or not soon

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Yes, yes, I know what an Echo is.. The point I made was that it's odd that they decided to go the route of not making him an Echo and instead dinstinguish him with unique properties, while Daisy and Peach are twins.

That's what I was saying, that it what was odd that they went out of their way to make him not an Echo and give him even more changes than he already had.
But like I said, it's fine since Daisy will most likely be better in terms of competitive Smash and tier list.

I'm really hoping she has some unique properties in her attacks that'll outshine Peach, like better sweetspots, different trajectories, etc.
In her trailer, when she kicks Duck Hunt's can, the hitbox seems to be very large in front of her. But we'll see if it's the same for Peach or not soon
Oh, that makes sense. As far as I know, the mentality was that Dark Pit and Lucina were the "too-similar" ones, while Dr. Mario had those few different moves (Dair and Down B) and different attributes. But hey, that's just a theory. I refuse to finish the jingle.

The direct said "She fights in a similar manner to Peach, but they have different characteristics," while the text mentioned "They look similar, but their moves behave differently." Which can honestly mean anything. Do characteristics mean attributes, or the animation touches to show off her personality? Moves behaving differently could mean completely different launch angles, utility (Kill Power/Combo Ability of certain moves might swap, RNG on Down B might be different), etc. Only time will tell.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
For some reason people are saying that Daisy is going to have the same height as Peach in this game due to her being an Echo Fighter.

Daisy will obviously be shorter than Peach but if she is indeed the same height as Peach in this game, I will say that I would be extremely dissapointed.
Smashwiki confirmed that Daisy is indeed slighty shorter than Peach in game.

Anyways, I've been watching the trailer a LOT myself, for I STILL can't believe she's in! I'm getting a Switch now... bring on the other Echo Fighters as well Nintendo! ;) ~ Afro

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Like to confirm that while Daisy i shorter than Peach in Smash, the scaling is still a bit off so she's not as short as she should be.

I'll chalk that up to balance.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Like to confirm that while Daisy i shorter than Peach in Smash, the scaling is still a bit off so she's not as short as she should be.

I'll chalk that up to balance.
Thanks to Smash's Creative Liberties.

For her to work as an echo, her size would have to be close to Peach. Even if it canonically doesn't look right.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Credit goes to the WeAreAllDaisy Tumblr.

Daisy (5'11") is "canonically" 2 inches shorter than Peach (6'1"), but with pixel measurements, we get:

Peach is 454 pixels tall (w/o her crown), so each pixel is ~0.1564 inches. Daisy is 420 pixels tall (haha), so she's ~65.5 inches, or 5'8.5". Still tall for a woman, granted, but y'know.

Smash measurements are ridiculous, too, so for all we know, she's even smaller compared to other fighters like Ganondorf, the tallest in the game.

Wario is 10 feet tall

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Something I've noticed from comments on Youtube, if you say a single thing bad about Daisy, her fans will call you a Waluigi fan, using that phrase as an insult?

"LOL, what are you? A Waluigi fan or something? Angry he didn't get in?"

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
Ah, it's been a while since I've been on this website. Yay for Daisy! Unfortunately, I'm doubtful that I'd fit Daisy into my main group of fighters since I already loathe Brawl/Smash4 Peach's moveset (Melee Peach was dope but that time is over). One thing for sure if that I will never play as Peach to use Daisy mods ever again! Here's hoping that Daisy's difference encourages aggressive play a bit more and/or be less technical.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
Credit goes to the WeAreAllDaisy Tumblr.

Daisy (5'11") is "canonically" 2 inches shorter than Peach (6'1"), but with pixel measurements, we get:

Peach is 454 pixels tall (w/o her crown), so each pixel is ~0.1564 inches. Daisy is 420 pixels tall (haha), so she's ~65.5 inches, or 5'8.5". Still tall for a woman, granted, but y'know.

Smash measurements are ridiculous, too, so for all we know, she's even smaller compared to other fighters like Ganondorf, the tallest in the game.

Wario is 10 feet tall
Aren't Daisy and Peach in different height levels due to being in the Mario's Galaxy stage? Also for some reason Daisy's crown is tinier than Peach's so maybe they aren't that far off from each other and it's just perspective.

https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/fighter/daisy/ss_6.jpg

In this other picture Daisy looks almost as tall as Peach, but she is still shorter like in the Mario games. Besides, there isn't such a big difference from each other in the Mario Games as shown by this comparison

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/963/447/940.jpg

As a side note: God Peach's idle pose is horrible. They should fix it because she looks dead inside in comparison to Daisy.

Top Bottom