• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
For real Paw? Thanks man, that'd be awesome. All I've bought so far that I can hook you up with is FF8, but I'd be happy to if you wanted it. It's a classic. lol

I'm signing on PSN now anyways.

Oh, and PX, I haven't messed with it since I had to leave 2 nights ago. :\
I'll be sure and get around to it though when my family hijacks my TV later.

Edit: K Prime's obviously contemplating murder in that picture. I know he'd main Ganon if he didn't love Pikachu so much.
Or if he didn't care about winning. X_X

Suspect

Smash Hero
FF8 is most likely one of those games you can only play if you are signed onto the original account owners name, those psp games don't work the same as others.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
There's still this one Garbagedorf who hangs out in San Antonio I hear...

But nah, he's crap anyways.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
lololololololol

Edit: Thanks a bunch Paw, I'm finishing the download now. Also, next time I see you, remind me to let you borrow Arkham Asylum. You need to be the God**** Batman for a while.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Nice way to end our matches, lol. GGs.

If you ever grab at low% with Peach, do dthrow>bair instead of ftilt. It's much more reliable and does more damage. You can also attempt to chain grab, but that's sorta hard to do. We should play wifi more often. I want you to get better.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Mah SA buddies! I just applied to be the student rep for Walt Disney Pictures at UT. If you'd like to read my cover letter, you can check it out here.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Should've mentioned like, their super old school stuff, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, etc... that would probably blow their minds, lol.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Good luck Zigasta!

Max23982n may I borrow FFXIII? I really want to play but don't feel the need to buy it when I am going to not play after I beat it. Please?

Prime and Castro, I can also go Wifi!

Sexist joke of the day: How do you know what a woman is saying is smart? It starts with "A man once told me..."

Nice way to end our matches, lol. GGs.

If you ever grab at low% with Peach, do dthrow>bair instead of ftilt. It's much more reliable and does more damage. You can also attempt to chain grab, but that's sorta hard to do. We should play wifi more often. I want you to get better.
I usually go for down throw -> ftilt -> utilt
but nowadays most people DI out of that.
I'll start experimenting with the bair, If i can get the timing I might even be able to do the double hit bair.

Yes lets wifi more, I'll try to get everyones FCs down and post when I can play.
I wish I could reduce the laggage though.
ONE MORE FINAL! After that I can go back to studying Brawl instead of maths....

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Trufax on that PX. Live action Disney is a force to be reckoned with.
Am I wrong for liking Mary Poppins? It's a good movie... O_o

And Tofer... I will if you can answer the following correctly: Fran, or Tifa?

Choose wisely. Inb4Tifabandwagon.

Edit: Fidel, I'll play you one day, but I can't tonight. Let me know when you develop this Brawl schedule you spoke of. lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
She's got the body of a goddess without Tifa's way-too-big-breasts, a mysticism due to her nature as a summoner, and an innocence that you just want to defile >: )

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Anytime you use defile to describe innocence, something good is happening. XD
But agreed across the board.

Also, thank you for agreeing that Tifa is way-too-big.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's a pretty big flaw in most Asian artistic depictions in particular. Since women over there are comparatively much more moderately endowed than other parts of the world, the men there have developed some ridiculous infatuation with monster breasts, as evidenced by their media.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Not to mention realism falls by the wayside far too often over there. :\

Gundam will always be the **** though.

Edit: Nah, Zigs, I stopped watching Survivor forever ago. lol
Now Flash Forward is how I spend my Thursday nights. I'm a sucker for mystery and the art of telling a mystery.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
They have some really good anime though. They're much better storytellers than American TV, and have some really cool/unique art and animation.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Oh, I won't deny that. Storytelling in America is drastically different than other parts of the world. I love the simplistic symbolism of African stories personally, and the Nature-heavy Native American creation folklore.

However, America can tell one type of story better than any other: War stories.

I love war stories as much as I love my cartoons and Annie Mae.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Some aspects of anime are highly unreal, though, ie villains carefully explaining their entire plans before they execute them. Anime also tends to have more straightforward dialogue with little to no subtext, and it's slower paced. I tend to prefer the cinematography of anime over American cartoons, though.

And of course there's exceptions.

Maan--FlashForward's getting pretty good lately, although I worry how long it will last. It's just not hooking me like season 1 of Lost did. I watch the episodes online. That and Community. Thursdays I watch Survivor and Fringe.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Such a conversation deserves a good gathering of ramen.

Ony played Revenant Wings; Without XII, lacks the textural details to compare Fran to Tifa (Things that have the capacity to crush me, do not want).
I agrees with PX on the basis of IV fandom.

I've missed the past few Survivors due to all four of my semesters having afternoon/night classes.
Mentalists, Food, Mystery, and Crime Scenes are all that make up my TV now . . . and that Bleach started over again-- back to the subs~

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Some aspects of anime are highly unreal, though, ie villains carefully explaining their entire plans before they execute them. Anime also tends to have more straightforward dialogue with little to no subtext, and it's slower paced. I tend to prefer the cinematography of anime over American cartoons, though.

And of course there's exceptions.
TV and film tend to be highly unreal as a whole medium. You need to branch into more mature and intelligent anime if you believe the dialogue stuff, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom