• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Max23829372n If given those choices, and I would have to choose... I would have to say Fran. And why? Because those **** bunny ears get me every time.

every time.

Also, to hell with Celes. Terra was clearly better then her in EVERY way. Best. Heroine. Ever.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
PX speaks truths. There's some anime out there which really means something when you watch it.

My biggest gripe though is people thinking I give a **** about their anime based solely on fan service. Did anybody see Kanon? Until the end of the show, that was an intense watch. Halfway through was one of the saddest things I've ever seen ever.

Edit: Good choice Tofer. You have passed the test. Fran is one of the smexiest things to come out of FF's flair for fantasy.
I'm even welling to overlook you spelled heroine wrong. Must be all the heroin you do.

Re-Edit: Don't try changing what you wrote now... I'm onto you...

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Hahah, I knew Fran would be the best choice.

But on the subject of Anime meaning things, there is actually a great amount of Anime that have that really epic and deep meaning. DeathNote in my opinion was one of them. It's just that is gets hyped the **** out and becomes nothing but annoying to everyone else.

Castro, you used to be my idol :( wwwhhhyyy?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Kanon? So intensely sad, stopped midway, I dare not finish it alone. I need anotha brotha help me get thru it.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Maaaaaaaan... did you watch Clannad? I felt it was immensely superior to Kanon in every way. After Story literally made me tear up... which I've never done watching anything ever since I was like 4 (lol, when I thought Baloo died).

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I am not one to watch too many Anime's I am clueless to alot of what you guys are mentioning. But one that Max2323232n told me that made me just kinda tremble was Elfen Lied.

Papa PX, I never saw the After story for Clannad.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
TV and film tend to be highly unreal as a whole medium. You need to branch into more mature and intelligent anime if you believe the dialogue stuff, lol.
Not really. Take Fringe, for example. In the episode today, there was a character who kept asking Peter direct questions, and he never gives her a direct answer. American primetime shows do that a lot, as does a lot of film, minus action of course.

The upper anime is better at subtext, but there's still a lot of answering direct questions. It's an interesting change of pace for me, but I can easily see how it can be unsatisfying for a lot of American audiences.

And Castro, next episode is gonna be CRAAAAZY! Russell AND Rupert teaming up?! My two favorite players ever. I never thought it was actually possible that they'd ever see eye to eye. We'll see next week, haha.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Never saw Clannad, but I intend to. I'm man enough to watch sad stuff and like it. XD

But srsly, Kanon's halfway point was too legit. The rest was kinda' meh, but Makoto was just tragically epic.

I intend to check out Clannad though. Let's see... last thing I genuinely teared up to... Prolly last NCIS: Los Angeles.

He wouldn't stop CPR on his dead friend, so the dialogue went something like:
"I won't give up on him."
"You didn't... None of us did."

I dunno', it got to me. Live action has potential for emotion that anime doesn't, honestly.

Edit: Castro's seen it too? Shiiiit, guess I'm watching it soon.

Watch the series. (Theres a two or three seasons) But don't watch the movie. DONT!! It is over the top sad. The series always had a way to brighten things up, but in that movie.... it never happened.
:(

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Legit, nothing like the **** House had to pull with Kutner because of Kal ****ing Penn.

Invite meh for some episodes, I haven't seen Clannad either.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Well, I'm definitely gonna' see it eventually.

Oh, and Darren: I'll watch Kanon again, but that'd be terrible for a ramen party. XD
I'm serious about watching something like Street Fighter II V at the next one. Or whatever someone thinks would rock. Just... no weeaboo ****. lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Chris... Fringe is a "mystery" type series, if it gave you the answers it would be doing it wrong. There are also plenty of anime where you uncover the workings of the world and they mystery and subtleties as you watch. Trust me on this, I'm a much more seasoned watcher and don't just watch shounen, lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Jesus Christ... Hazama is so hard to play. WTF :( I need to pick an easier character, like Ragna or something, haha. Good thing I'm getting a headstart with this guy.
Quit *****ing and pick up Bang.

As happy as I am seeing Rachel, Jin, and Arakune so low, I have a hard time realizing that Litchi is so high up.

She's annoying as hell.

but seriously my cammy = 100% legit, espy and maan can vouch for me
I don't care that you've already averted this.
You got grabbed...5 times...in a row.

Atchachachachachacha!

Should've mentioned like, their super old school stuff, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, etc... that would probably blow their minds, lol.
Silly PX.
Not even the Disney reps would know what he's talking about.

Trufax on that PX. Live action Disney is a force to be reckoned with.
Am I wrong for liking Mary Poppins? It's a good movie... O_o
I loved Air Bud.

And Tofer... I will if you can answer the following correctly: Fran, or Tifa?
What kind of stupid-***** question is that?!

TV and film tend to be highly unreal as a whole medium. You need to branch into more mature and intelligent anime if you believe the dialogue stuff, lol.
This.

Ziggs, I love you, but when I read your posts, I get the feeling you've only really watched shonen.

Seinen is more my genre, but I'd watch mostly everything.
...except shujo, for the most part. Screw that noise.

@Kyle: You obviously want to lose to my 3-hour Fei Long.

==========

I've been linked to that Metaknight Rap FIVE times now.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm not going to pick up Bang, lol. I dropped him b/c I don't want an easy mode character. Doesn't mean I won't ***** :p

They're going to rebalance everyone again before console release, probably to nerf litchi and bang a bit and to make rachel mildly viable, haha.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I get why Espy, just don't get why that bad. She is nerfed to the point where she is almost unplayable if she is that low on the list.

@Papa PX, this is clearly the correct answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom