• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I'll prolly pick up the map pack tonight or tomorrow. Gotta' learn those maps!!! Also, double xp would be ****ing great.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
its out right now sir, im downloading them as we speak. (or type?)

Im playing on storm right now :D

im not gunna say you're too slow, because you're ganon, you can't help it

omg, its double xp, 1000 for 1 kill in Search

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
lol, I can't play right now anyways. Also, I was expecting 10 bucks or so... but 15? Meh, that's a little overpriced. Still though, I'll pick it up eventually.

Until then, DOUBLE XP.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Poor Paw... You haven't realized that campers are meant to be hunted. :D

Think about it: If they're in a room, it's your move. The team on the defensive is the team at a disadvantage. That's how you've gotta' look at it. If they dig in, smoke 'em out.

EDIT: So hey, would anybody be interested if I or someone else opened up a San Antonio thread not related to Brawl in this section? It'd probably be easier to seperate the chaff for those who don't want to talk about anything else, and it'd keep people from getting mad at other people for talking about things they're not interested in.

I say this because a lot of you guys seem to like other things, but people don't like hearing about them here. Just throwing ideas out there. If enough people care, I'd gladly open a non-Brawl thread for SA.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
thats what the city thread is for. besides i dont think anyone has a problem for what we talk about. i think the problem with what you guys did was spammed a city thread that you dont even live in, and theres a whole nother place for it.

in all honesty, that thread would be dead, because we hardly ever talk about brawl related things.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Meh, just brainstorming. And I was taking into consideration that some people don't like hearing about BlazBlue, or MW2, or TvC, or MvC, or SF4, yada yada yada.

Just throwing ideas out there though. Bah, now I'm in a pissy mood.

On a related note, did we ever mention what a Ramen Party is to you guys? It's been furever since I've had one, and I was thinking about doing it again some day. Let me know if you're interested in that too.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Well that was the most interesting 4 pages of funny I've read in a while.

In other news today, Paw mus......

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
Poor Paw... You haven't realized that campers are meant to be hunted. :D
i know this, but the fact that they exist makes me angry. you are bound to die to them at least once, and that one time can ruin your killstreak or something :/

and lol wtf at that picture

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
On a related note, did we ever mention what a Ramen Party is to you guys? It's been furever since I've had one, and I was thinking about doing it again some day. Let me know if you're interested in that too.
Lovely sodium intake <3 It has been a while since you had your kind of ramen party;
Great with anime, sports, and Brawl around

Well that was the most interesting 4 pages of funny I've read in a while.

In other news today, Paw mus......[/IMG]
BOXERHOCKEY!! Enchilada x Batface . . . ****

==========

Nikefest still on the 15th? I don't know if I heard Tofer right when he said "next week" at the night of Pik-A-Nik SmashFest.

EDIT: Quote was cut off

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yay, I have CS working on my laptop with zero issues. Took a while to get everything configed (especially the ps3 controller -_-). Game looks super nice. If you have a comp with good enough specs, you should get it and do some early practice :p

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
Yay, I have CS working on my laptop with zero issues. Took a while to get everything configed (especially the ps3 controller -_-). Game looks super nice. If you have a comp with good enough specs, you should get it and do some early practice :p

will it work on a Mac? if so, show me where to get it :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You have to torrent the game itself. I know it works on Macs though, people been posting about it on the various sites I had to find for info, lol.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Don't ever encourage the use of Mac's, PX.

But I'm gonna' give it a go myself actually. Time for some CS goodness. Unfortunately... my torrent app was on my laptop...

And I haven't tried doing much on Windows 7...

And I don't like Japanese rips of games... (Is it a Japanese rip?)
But I'm definitely downloading it for Bang Style Justice.

Where'd you find the torrent from, PX? Any recommendations?

(Dives into internet)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can put the text in English, actually, it's just the voices that are in Japanese. I think I got it from thepiratebay. Honestly I just googled it.

It works on Windows 7 for sure though, since that's what I have. Getting PS3 controller functionality on 64 bit system is pretty annoying though, fyi.

Also, man, don't tierwhore Bang. It makes me feel bad since I alted him in CT to see all these people picking him in CS b/c of how broke he is, lol. I dropped him b/c they made him so easy/so good.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Oh, I'm not maining Bang. I respect Bang as the highly visible manly ninja he is, but I can't play top tier.

And I'm already halfway done with the DL. Piratebay link for me too. I'll see about setting up my controller when it's all ready to go. I'm hyped now. Is it fun?

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
i just got 502 errors on both youtube and smashboards.

it was the longest 3 minutes of my life.

currently DLing :D

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol, it's fun. So hard to learn a character from scratch, especially when the dude in training keeps attacking you, lol. I can't even do the first half of Hazama's BNB combo yet XD

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
You're gonna' set it up on your computer? Without the controller? lol

But still, I am a man of the information age, and aiding in piracy is my solemn duty.

Espy: I get this working, and we play some matches tomorrow. lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Don't worry PX, you will.

In like...2 minutes.

Edit: Max10n, I think linking to pirate stuffs is against the rules...might wanna just PM that instead...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's why I didn't link to stuff, just in case, lol. And I'm using the PS3 controller. Hazama is just weird to me atm. I can't even aim his chain in the right direction most of the time, lol.

Also, it's been 15 minutes and no BnBs yet, Espy. You lied to me :(

Nike.

Smash Hero
My dream the other night:

[22:50] ax2ronsilver: i do know that lately ive been waking up thinking about my dream
[22:50] ax2ronsilver: but i cant recall them right now xD
[22:50] ax2ronsilver: ummmm
[22:50] ax2ronsilver: OH!
[22:50] ax2ronsilver: okay
[22:50] ax2ronsilver: 2 nights ago
[22:51] ax2ronsilver: kyro (the ness main), his best friend (rich white guy who owns apple laptop and the yellow car from transformers (yes, his own bumblebee)), and 2 black guys who were made up in my dream and they smashed
[22:52] ax2ronsilver: all of us (except kyro) were in a hotel room smashing
[22:52] ax2ronsilver: in the hallway
[22:52] ax2ronsilver: there were a bunch of gangsters
[22:52] ax2ronsilver: talking **** and killing each other
[22:52] ax2ronsilver: 2 black guys
[22:52] ax2ronsilver: did a pistol duel (like a western)
[22:52] ax2ronsilver: and did the 10 paces away from each other thing
[22:53] ax2ronsilver: and i thought it weird cuz there black gangsters
[22:53] ax2ronsilver: appearently i got in the way of the whole thing
[22:53] ax2ronsilver: a bunch of people were threatening me
[22:53] ax2ronsilver: and one of the guys ran to my hotel room and shot the rich white guy
[22:53] ax2ronsilver: i guess to be like "dont **** with me cuz i'll kill your friend"
[22:53] ax2ronsilver: i go in the hotel room
[22:54] ax2ronsilver: and hes sitting on the chair dead
[22:54] ax2ronsilver: and my 2 black friends are freaking out
[22:54] ax2ronsilver: so we all jetted the hotel
[22:54] ax2ronsilver: went outside and walked for awhile
[22:54] ax2ronsilver: and one of us called the police
[22:55] ax2ronsilver: and i was like "i have to call kyro to tell him that his best friend died for no reason in front of my eyes"
[22:55] ax2ronsilver: and then i started crying really hard
[22:55] ax2ronsilver: like the guy who just falls down and drools because he cant help himself
[22:55] ax2ronsilver: <- that kind of crying
[22:56] ax2ronsilver: and he couldnt make out what i was saying on the phone
[22:56] ax2ronsilver: and i just cried and cried
[22:56] ax2ronsilver: and then i woke up
[22:56] ax2ronsilver: and that was my dream

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I haven't looked at Hazama's moveset yet at all. Are they unusual combos, or are they fairly straightforward?

Finishing the file extraction as I type by the way.

Edit: Jesus Nike, your dreams are a bit different than mine. My last intense dream involved me petting a lion that escaped from a pseudo-zoo. Which reminds me... Espy, you never gave me that audio clip of the interview. lol

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
this reminds me, i had a dream with you in it maan. you and me were driving and we saw a competition to grow the largest pumpkin. we somehow grew a huge one, and won a million dollars. I was like "what do we do with the pumpkin" and you were like "lets eat it" ....and i think i woke up.

i think there was more, but that was all i could remember

when is SA gonna host a tourney after nikefest??

JUJment day should be happening 2 weeks after, i havent heard from JUJ about it tho...

you should come down, and help me with my ZSS :D

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I mean, it's nothing extraordinary, they just all start from a diagonal down, and diagonals are easy to **** up... the hardest part is probably that you have almost no room for error after hitting the downward slash to do the next move because you have to do a quarter circle D and then C in quick succession to do the move.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I thought Tofer's was before JUJment Day?

I don't remember.

Either way, I'll take it to your place, Max10n.

I dream a lot, but I can't remember my last one.
It was probably something furry anyways.

@PX: That sounds surprisingly easy.
Step it up.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Not as easy as Tao taunt loops, lol. It doesn't help that the aerial portion of Haz's BnBs are variable :\ Like, the number of hits depends on where you jumped and ****. I don't know any chain combos or combos after super yet or throws, but I've almost got this one down, lol.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Tager's combos in CT were variable in the same way, but it depends on where the enemy bounces, not where I stand. lol

PX, I'm too lazy to work right now. How'd you get it running once you had the files? Do I have to mess with the Typex Config app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom