• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
So yeah... I don't have a computer anymore except for this crappy desktop. That's why I've been out of the loop for a while.

I haven't even been online in like, 5 days. :\

At any rate, PX, how I do Gahget Finga in CS?
All this talk of BlazBlue got me hyped, so I decided to learn... combos. And by learn combos, I mean I busted a Mike Z combo on some poor Rawrgna yesterday. Tager's baaaaaaccckkk!

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
You should. Just sayin'.
Although that is a *****in' fedora...

Also, you downloaded it and installed it to your PS3? Nice. Was it a complicated process? I haven't done much modding and such with mine.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Nah, you can't play rips on the PS3, they made especially sure of that by removing the Other OS support. Sony takes pride in the security of the system, unfortunately for us, lol. There's a rip for PC, and you can play using PS3 controllers on it.

Dude, Hazama not only gets a ****** Fedora, he emits a green aura (favorite color) and his music is kick ***. There's no way I wouldn't main him.

Gadget Finger is down, down, D.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Finally, you learned some ****ing combos.

You'll always be a grabager to me, though.

And yes, I too agree with everything you've said, Juan. Hazama is pretty ****ing rad.

@Maaaaaaaaaan: They found an infinite for Fei Long on Juri. I had to laugh.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
They have to be grounded, obviously. Nothing is as hard in fighters as 720s anyway, you can do that, so you're set.

Also, you're both Garbagers to me :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
720s are always the most satisfying things to do.

Gief, Tager, Potemkin, it doesn't matter who.

Edit: ****, furgive me Max10n, I didn't mean to put him in that list.

@PX: GENESIC EMERALD TAGER BUSTER!

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
XP: You're just lucky that Arakune isn't bound by the same physics as the rest of the cast meat. :p

Speaking of infinites, I got locked in a true one by Carl earlier.
**** INFINITES.
Ah, but I'm obviously mad. I felt better after I won the match, but still. Hazama better not have any. lol

As for the Spurs, I'm not too concerned. We lost Game 1 in their building, and I only think we lost because of that Regigigas start. Tony Parker should be starting Game 2, and his activity on offense will directly translate to Steve Nash being ineffective. Don't look for us to lock down Amare though. Not even Tim has stopped him in the past. Key to winning Game 2 is stopping my boy Jason Richardson. If he drops 25-30+, we're in trouble.

And Nike, I'd be anxious if we lose Game 2 personally. Losing Game 1 is a big deal, but it's acceptable. Falling down 2-0 is a deep hole. But, I have faith in my team either way. That's what being a fan is. lol

Oh, and Bored, if you ever hang out here in the SA boards: Phil Jackson is 45-0 in the playoffs when his team wins Game 1. That is a monster scary statistic.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No one in CS has infinites. They took out Carl's and no new characters magically have them. Some characters have absolutely ridiculous corner pressure, though (Litchi in particular comes to mind). Carl can still sandwich the **** out of you w/ mixups and resets, but if you're good enough you can avoid them.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Nope, no infis. I don't remember how prevalent these were in CT, but characters have unblockable moves, meaning you can only avoid them by using Barrier.

I can't wait to combo someone into Hazama's Astral :)

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
PX: You haven't faced Unlimited Tager's Astral, have you? If you're magnetized, you can't avoid it unless you jump beforehand.

And yeah, Carl can sammich you hard, but thankfully he's limited in his mixups, and breaking free isn't too tough.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't really care about that, I'm just happy that I finally have an Astral that can be combod into, instead of that stupid floating eyeball, lol.

Tager can combo into his Astral off a Spark Bolt hit in CS :)

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
So about how many people will be at nikefest?

and will there be TvC?
last one had 21 entrants in singles, i'd say a bit more than that this time around, since it seems to be getting alot more attention from around texas.....aaaaand it is summer and all.

and probably no tvc, unless niddo comes lol

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Is it wrong that I first read that as MvC, then became wildly disappointed when I realized there was no M?

And you should care PX. You should always care about how many ways Tager can ****.

Nike.

Smash Hero
XP: You're just lucky that Arakune isn't bound by the same physics as the rest of the cast meat. :p

Speaking of infinites, I got locked in a true one by Carl earlier.
**** INFINITES.
Ah, but I'm obviously mad. I felt better after I won the match, but still. Hazama better not have any. lol

As for the Spurs, I'm not too concerned. We lost Game 1 in their building, and I only think we lost because of that Regigigas start. Tony Parker should be starting Game 2, and his activity on offense will directly translate to Steve Nash being ineffective. Don't look for us to lock down Amare though. Not even Tim has stopped him in the past. Key to winning Game 2 is stopping my boy Jason Richardson. If he drops 25-30+, we're in trouble.

And Nike, I'd be anxious if we lose Game 2 personally. Losing Game 1 is a big deal, but it's acceptable. Falling down 2-0 is a deep hole. But, I have faith in my team either way. That's what being a fan is. lol

Oh, and Bored, if you ever hang out here in the SA boards: Phil Jackson is 45-0 in the playoffs when his team wins Game 1. That is a monster scary statistic.
George Hill had a national level series vs the Mavs. Everyone was kinda hoping that he could guard Nash well, but Nash simply had his way. 30+ is unusual for him. Manu had a few bad defensive lapses and Richardson got plenty of room to run. I was satisfied with how Duncan guarded Amare. Most of his shots were very difficult and he earned them.

Pop will make adjustments. As you said, Parker needs to start and George can lead the second unit.

I was freaking out every single game against the Mavs. Suns don't do that to me. That arena acted as though the guys in orange never commited a foul in their lives. You could feel the the crowd dying on that second run the spurs made in the fourth. The goodbye chant was extremely funny. That's for elimination games, not game 1 of the WCSF. Suns nation celebrated like they just won the championship, but to me it felt like monday.

Spurs will bounce back.

So about how many people will be at nikefest?

and will there be TvC?
Im honestly expecting about 25, not including out of towners.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Paw, why are you out of your room?

And Nike: The Mavs were scary because they were that good. lol
Suns though, are an underrated team. They only get knocked out of the playoffs by us really, so they seem worse than they are. But yeah, Tony will be great this game. Someone else has to step up though if we're going to win. Hopefully G-Hilly will be that guy, but RJ would be a better boost for us. Somebody has to go point for point with J-Rich if we want to win. Suns score high, we've gotta' score higher.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Heh heh, you said duty. And I probably won't be able to play today, but tomorrow I'm free. I'll play while I'm waiting for Espy's too slow *** to come over.

And SA thread or not, I told you to go to your room young man. Don't make me get the belt.
(Fun Fact, Ganon's belt is made from baby animals' pelts.)

And learn2quote.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
i was correcting it, but then i got 502'd and took me forever, **** U FOR SEEING THAT.

its either that, or you get a cammy all up in u in ssf4 :p

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
You don't play Cammy son. You don't have the testicular fortitude.

And Paw... it's out tomorrow!!!

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Paw, you make this too easy, my dear chap.

But srsly, MW2 map pack is out tomorrow. Stimulus Package, if you know what I mean.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
oh, ****. we definitely playing tomorrow then, 360 got double xp when it came out, i wonder if they will do it for ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom