• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top players already have the prospect of winning money, pushing their way through their bracket, and fierce matches in the later brackets. Plus being on youtube.
Redemption gives all of this to everyone else. Its just a wonderful thing. It makes the tournament experience that much better, and it keeps everyone around longer. Plus if you lose early you haven't necessarily thrown away your money. I hope SA can find a way to make Redemption brackets work for future tournies

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It gives a better perspective of who the next good or upcoming players are. Granted it doesn't help top players like Espy, Prime, MorningStar, Nike, JUJ, Castro, and few others including Austin, but they can see how much they are improving thus giving them tips on what they are doing wrong and the like.
Yeah, it doesn't help the top players as much, which is why I requested a Top 5 placement payout. Gives people who wouldn't be tossed into a redemption bracket more opportunities to make some money.

(48/22/14/8/4/4)

It's odd, but I'd like to try it out once.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Suspect already knows the benefits of it. But it doesnt answer his question.

What can PR players do besides just watching redemption? And in that sense he's absolutely right. Redemption was a complete success, but only too anyone below top 8.

He's right in that we need a side tourney that doesnt get shot down when singles is ending. "Who wants to play doubles?" is a phrase that NEVER gets answered when singles is ending.

I'm all for SA tournies to have 3 events: brawl singles and redemption are two amazing ones. But we honestly do need a steady event for everyone outside singles.

EDIT: What Espy also said.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
what do you guys want for S.L.U.T then? i kinda like secondaries tournament (only cause my secondary is nearly my main :D)i could have a poll

and if necessary (for time that is) i can make the tournament start earlier

Nike.

Smash Hero
Reverse main tournament?

Secondary tournament?

Item Standard Play tournament?

MELEE!

come on, redemption is only good/made for big tournies, it was made for people who didn't get out of pools. If you don't believe me go ask plank.

edit: and it's not even a tourny ALL the players can do, If you have a redemption tourny at least have something for the players that are just sitting there.

oh yea last thing >_>

Middle
C :pit: :toonlink: :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2: :rob:
D :dk2: :peach: :fox: :luigi2: :wolf:
E :shiek: :pt: :sonic: :ness2: :bowser2:

That's mid tier, I see characters that I use(kekeke) Espy-Sonic, Kprime-Ness, Mstar-DK, Paw-ZSS, Zigsta-PT, Nike-Toon Link (what he told me on aim) Greywolf-wolf and Castro and Tofer-Peach

And if you wanted to inlcude low tier with that, we would have even more players/selection
A vote on the list Suspect made would sound like the logical thing.

Nikefest could do 3 tournies because I have up to ten tv's, and room for even more. Steakfests and S.L.U.T. might have a problem with 3 tournies though.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
So a Mid Tier tourney then? I don't care either way, however teams in SA have fallen through time and again, RCRS will only go so far, Low Tier doesn't do anyone good except FTP, Max10n, and myself who main the characters in that land of the forgotten.

Like I said, I really don't care what you guys do but unless you can prove that the other sides will keep players in their place then redemption is all you have.

But by all means do other tourneys.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Let's do Castro is Peach and everyone else is Ganon.
Tsk tsk, careful what you wish for... :D

As for the rest of this... I have no strong opinion any way whatsoever. In hindsight, I wish I had cared more about Redemption beforehand... As most of my earlier apathy was because I was too busy swallowing my sad from the main tourney.

That said, I think Redemption was pretty cool. It won't stop me from going for Top 8, and it's nice to play some more games when all is said and done.

The only thing I'll disagree with on this thread is what Castro said about it making the lower half of us better. That's not necessarily true. I love playing matches where I get spanked because I learn from them. Donkey Bong and Pyledriver both knocked me out in the last two tournies, and after a first game learning period, I was going just about even with them by the end of it.

BUT...
Is Redemption exciting? Yes. And isn't fun what matters here?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Let's do Castro is Peach and everyone else is Ganon.
I Ganon refuses to break the chain. EDIT: I'd like to see how this turns out. How many Ganon attendees?

The only thing I'll disagree with on this thread is what Castro said about it making the lower half of us better. That's not necessarily true. I love playing matches where I get spanked because I learn from them. Donkey Bong and Pyledriver both knocked me out in the last two tournies, and after a first game learning period, I was going just about even with them by the end of it.
My logic may be flawed here...

Either way, you'll reach a bracket where you get your *** handed to you (or you win) and that's where said reflection takes place.

If you're the one that's ******, then this should be applied to the opponent... unless no one cares for that person; In that case, is it that all other matches are insignificant and go straight for the ?

Then again, it's likely the upper players of the redemption would only benefit their money back over experience (similar to an argument earlier by (KM I think it was))

Either way, that means someone still has the potential to be spanked in Redemption. Realizing mistakes and learning tips from playing Alejandro and the need to learn more from playing Zook.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I suck with Ganon so I won't be joining that tourney. I'll do a Sonic Only tourney. :)

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
i won my first blazblue ranked match today. against a tager. lvl 45. i was happy. went from lvl 3 to 14. went on to win like 10, against various characters, my most proud being against a Nu comboing *****. i was very happy.

and i'd be willing to come on friday, assuming people were there >.>

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Is Redemption exciting? Yes. And isn't fun what matters here?
You'd be surprised how many people would say they have fun doing things our city as a whole dislikes.

Actually, no, you won't.

=====

I'm going Friday. Paw, go, and take BlazBlue too.
You ain't seen MY Tager.

Aren't most of us mid tier anyways? I mean, I would support this just because it could push me up in placing, but won't it only change a few peoples' characters?

Reverse main could be fun, just don't put me against Maaaaan....

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
Then you arent going to want to play me, im bad :( but i do have it for ps3, my psn is Pawzor12 (original or what)

exactly castro, San Antonio = Mid Tier.

and ill bring blazblue friday, most likely then

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Man, like 8 people in San Antonio have the game but don't want to get good at it!

If you beat a level 45 Tager (what was his win percentage?), you can't be too bad, lol. What character do you use?

Add me: Ph4nt0mX10. I'm farming in FF13 atm. Be ready for bees.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
didnt get his win %

i like noel so far, i havent really experimented with anyone else.

its not that i dont want to get good, its just that i got the game like 3 days ago >.>

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Because competitive Blaz is balls, PX.

You main Arakune, first of all.

EDIT: Actually, Maan has my game right now for the PS3, and I'm sure he'd want to play. We both also got the PSP Portable version. It's exactly the same, so I'm getting my practice in.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
There's a PSP Blazblue? o_O

Also, it's not balls in general, it just sucks in Texas. Besides, you don't need to compete to want to be good at something, lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
There's a PSP Blazblue? o_O

Also, it's not balls in general, it just sucks in Texas. Besides, you don't need to compete to want to be good at something, lol.
True, but I like playing higher leveled players.
And they all play lame characters.

;-;

And yes, there's a BlazBlue PSP. It's better than console in terms of content.
But PS3s obviously looks prettier.

They play exactly the same too.
And the PSP version made me stop using the right stick. Now I feel more like a man.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
True, but I like playing higher leveled players.
And they all play lame characters.

;-;

And yes, there's a BlazBlue PSP. It's better than console in terms of content.
But PS3s obviously looks prettier.

They play exactly the same too.
And the PSP version made me stop using the right stick. Now I feel more like a man.
Arakune is SQUISHY!

I'm still using him in the sequel, and he's only mid tier there. I'm not any worse at the game for it, lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You haven't even added me, you giant liar!

I'm maining Hazama in the sequel though. His hat is too pimping, and I like the chains for moving around, lot of mindgame potential in that.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Oh yea i just want to point out that I didn't know Redemption was done during singles, I apologize. I thought it was just an event after singles and then that would be it.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
It's ok. Add me for now, I'll wait til you've practiced a bit.

Go here http://www.dustloop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67 to learn your characters combos and ****.

K Prime doesn't play with me anymore, Greyfox has a LOLBOX, and Espy doesn't have a system :(
Well I'm sorry if I don't have a computer PS3 to play against you. Plus I play on stick so its fine with me. Also playing on the PSP helped me get used to Litchi on pad so I can play on PS3 pad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom