• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
i live almost as far, by the city limits
makes it slightly difficult to convince to borrow the car
maybe i'll catch a carpool to mizuumi-con :|

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
...What carpool?

I can give you rides if you need them, but I'll ask for $5 each if I do, since I'm gonna be going back and forth (not going home this weekend).

Oh, and fun times at Nike's today. S'cool to see everyone again.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You guys prepared for the tiny amount of Austin this weekend?! :)

Greyfox and I have like a billion money matches he wants to do before I retire, lol.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
...What carpool?

I can give you rides if you need them, but I'll ask for $5 each if I do, since I'm gonna be going back and forth (not going home this weekend).

Can you give me a ride? I gots a 5.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
...What carpool?

Kinda expected that you'd be staying at your dorms considering the distance.

By carpooling, I meant that I have some friends that are going to cosplay at Mizuumi so I might ride with them.

If all else fails, I'll just drive... I just don't know where to park

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Like I said in the actual tier list topic: a whole lot of bull. The only reason Ness moved up five is because FOW placed well in 3-5 tournaments a while back and hasn't since. Same with Reflex and PT.

Heck, Lucas didn't change at all, didn't even have a person rep him, and randomly moved up.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Very randomly tournament placing biased you mean.

I mean, PT has had worse results then Ike for a while now. Lucas I don't think has ever had more results than Ike. Link has had a huge boost but didn't budge. Sonic's haven't dropped THAT much.

Not only is it tournament placing biased, it's only when it suits their needs.

"I want to move this character up, he's cool and underrated but I use him!" loltournamentresults.

"I don't like this character, even though he's placing well for his tier position!" lolwhattournamentresults?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Like I said in the actual tier list topic: a whole lot of bull. The only reason Ness moved up five is because FOW placed well in 3-5 tournaments a while back and hasn't since. Same with Reflex and PT.

Heck, Lucas didn't change at all, didn't even have a person rep him, and randomly moved up.
Funny. Hasn't Mario been ****** as well? I heard that Boss has won 3 tournaments recently AS Mario, and I recall a Mario getting 5th at a 100+ tournament.

He should've jumped up a spot or two, at least.

Yeah, I disagree with this list. It's incredibly tournament placing biased, rather than character strength.
Sonic would actually be lower if it weren't for X's results if that were the case.
That, or the group still doesn't care too much about bottom mid to bottom tier.

Sonic's haven't dropped THAT much.
Ooooh yes they have.
Only ONE. Count them, only ONE Sonic does good enough to top 8 anymore.

Sonic's stagnate, and there's nothing really new to help him out. He's practically finished.

Having said that, I LOVE his spot on the tier list. It'd be perfect if Ness was above him.
Oh, and Ike still being in low tier is incredible. In a bad way.

@K Prime: Sure.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's pretty obvious that they mostly focus on top tier, and then anything mid and lower gets considerably less time and effort dedicated to it.

There's no reason Marth, ICs, and Falco should be above Wario except that they each have one amazing player representing them in tournaments.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Praxis also replied to I believe it was Niddo's post regarding Ness, Captain Falcon, and another character (I think), and simply replied "FOW" and "Ally", respectively.

That's just disgusting.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yup. Pretty stupid. Oh well, nothing we can do about it, that's the kind of stuff you have to live with when things are left up to the general public. I get to be amazing again by doing so well with a barely-A-tier-character.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah. Like you said, "oh well".

Aiming for -1 or -2 more spots. Sonic's time has come.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang, Niddo with mad hate on PT.

PT has Squirtle and Charizard, both of which can hang with top tiers better than Ike. Ivysaur's trash, so just use him as your down B spammer.

Also, Reflex hasn't been to a large tournament in a long time, as his life has been really busy lately and he's had car trouble. So the "Reflex is the only reason PT is good" logic doesn't work this time.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Praxis also replied to I believe it was Niddo's post regarding Ness, Captain Falcon, and another character (I think), and simply replied "FOW" and "Ally", respectively.

That's just disgusting.
Indeed.

Ness, PT, and Falcon BTW were the trio I pointed out.

I say Texas should refuse to follow the BBR rules/recommendations/tier lists and make our own if they're going to be that crappy in their logic. I wouldn't of minded those climbs...if they had actually had a logical reason besides one dude.

Also, Reflex hasn't been to a large tournament in a long time, as his life has been really busy lately and he's had car trouble. So the "Reflex is the only reason PT is good" logic doesn't work this time.
Funny, when I asked when PT climbed up more, that was Prixas's response. "Reflex". Apparently, it works for them still. Even though PT has dropped since Reflex got busy. In fact, he's dropped to just about where...he was before Reflex picked him up, just up a few above the previous average for PT?

Wait, what, I'm more or less correct? Shocking, I know.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I wanna play guyszzz. Come over now :>

Oh, and Paw might have a smashfest tonight, but wait for him to confirm it. If he does, we can carpool to his house later.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant

Oh, and Paw might have a smashfest tonight, but wait for him to confirm it. If he does, we can carpool to his house later.
Okay but again I have the problem of no one coming all the way over to Marbach and picking me up :(

...What carpool?

Darn so I guess I cannot spend the night with you and go to the con?

In that case Prime we can go half on the 5 dollars since we live pretty close to each other.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hahaha~

No. $5 each.
$5 alone is not enough considering the distance I'm going to be traveling on that day.

I'm traveling to Marbach and 1604, then back to OLLU, then BACK to Marbach and 1604, then BACK to OLLU.

I'll pick you up, but considering the distance, I think $5 each is fair.

If you guys can get Beros to go WITH you, then I'll drop the price, but that's up to him and you.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Hahaha~

No. $5 each.
$5 alone is not enough considering the distance I'm going to be traveling on that day.

I'm traveling to Marbach and 1604, then back to OLLU, then BACK to Marbach and 1604, then BACK to OLLU.

I'll pick you up, but considering the distance, I think $5 each is fair.

If you guys can get Beros to go WITH you, then I'll drop the price, but that's up to him and you.
Actually I was thinking about that. If I stopped by Roger's house or vise versa, considering who is closer, shave off some time. You know, I'm down with that, what time do you want me to be at your house, Tofer?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

That's just disgusting.
lol, way to take a snap response by someone perusing through the thread WAAAAY too seriously. xD

Ness has had a very strong tournament history with multiple players repping. I disagree with Lucas being over Ike, but Ike was lowered due to a number of EC players who play him as a second in tournaments or low-tiers who had very strong feelings about his viability and matchups against the top tier.

Personally, I'd have put Ike a little higher, myself, but several players with a lot of experience with him in tournament had strong feelings about Ike and that was the consensus.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
but Ike was lowered due to a number of EC players who play him as a second in tournaments or low-tiers who had very strong feelings about his viability and matchups against the top tier.
AKA: Inui had a hissy fit, other people from around the area agreed with him? That area is saturated with MKs, of course they are going to think Ike is worse than he actually is. MK is Ike's worse MU in reality (while Falco is the worse on paper IIRC) >_> Once you get beyond MK and Falco...everything is winnable, just in different degrees. Technically, MK and Falco are "winnable", and have actually been won a few times, just in the barest sense possible.

Ness has had a very strong tournament history with multiple players repping.
Strong, variabled history with multiple players having their mini-spree of results and then fading away? Yes. Most Ness mains will get 3-5 great placings and then just...don't place anymore. Might randomly show up again in a few top eights, but otherwise basically nothing. I defiantly understand Ness being up there at lot more then something silly like PT, but still....five spots? I think he should have been raised to top of what was E tier, maybe bottom of D tier, but not beyond that yet.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Tier List Version Four

S :metaknight:

HIGH
A :snake: :diddy: :falco: :popo: :marth: :warioc:
B :dedede: :pikachu2: :olimar: :lucario: :gw:

Middle
C :pit: :toonlink: :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2: :rob:
D :dk2: :peach: :fox: :luigi2: :wolf:
E :shiek: :pt: :sonic: :ness2: :bowser2:

Low
F :lucas: :ike: :yoshi2: :mario2: :falcon: :samus2: :jigglypuff:
G :zelda: :link2: :ganondorf:

get ***** zelda hahahhaa
To be honest Zelda needs to be there. She sucks very badly and gets beaten by everyone. Only reason she even stays up where she is now, is cause players like DM, JuJux, and GodOfHand(aka Riot) place in top 8 every tourney. Espy knows how ****ty Zelda is. He even questioned why I mained her. >_>

You guys prepared for the tiny amount of Austin this weekend?! :)

Greyfox and I have like a billion money matches he wants to do before I retire, lol.
Yay, I'm glad that you remembered. :D

I want to come and play some Brawl. :D

My flight to Viridian City got cancelled due to snow so I'm bored. :(
So goto the next city. I think it was called Pewter City IIRC. :X

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I can't speak to Ike. I voted him higher. *shrug*

As for Ness; even with the waning, he has better results than Ike. There has never been an Ike to take out a top level player.

Yes, most top level players are MK, which **** Ike horribly; but that said, doesn't that speak to his viability? Today's tournament metagame REQUIRES you be able to at least fight MK to a limited degree. Ness can do that...somewhat. Ike can't.

I agree that Ness should be higher than Ike. I personally view Ike over Lucas, though.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Well I'm sorry that my favorite character gets the shaft in both games. >_>

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Get in contact with Nike about it, Kyro.

I'm not going to go. I need sleep, and today's that day I get it, ****it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom