• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
DDDD:

I'm so terrible at this game in all honesty. It's not like melee where you can practice stuff and always improve. I feel like I haven't gotten one bit better since 08, like there's some hump that's just impossible to get over.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Try playing another character for a while, Nike. I dropped PT for about 4 months for Bowser, then went back to PT, and I found that the break let me drop a lot of my old playstyles in favor of a much better one.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
Nike, you've improved a lot since 08. I used to be able to easily 2 stock you, and then there was a point where you were able to go 50/50 with me. That in itself is a testament to your improvement. I've just improved a little bit since then. Don't feel like you suck because you don't. Sometimes, we just don't practice enough with each other.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I can vouch that you've improved a lot, Nike. TBH you used to kind of be a joke when I vsed you and I could **** around/do whatever, now it's decent challenge and I have to be focused and serious.

You probably just think you aren't improving much, but that's b/c everyone else also improves, and there really aren't any gimmicks/techs you can learn in this game that will instantly give you an edge over someone else.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
What PX said. Melee has ATs and junk to practice but the best way to effectively practice Brawl competitively is to practice your theory craft in game, see how your opponent reacts, and react accordingly.

It feels like chess sometimes.

PS you clearly play better with the Niker tag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETvdyG1O_as

I'm gonna go out and be a degenerate. If anyone wants to Brawl, call or text me:

210-842-9397

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Nike is claiming he hasn't improved...yet he's gone from losing to me most of the time, to beating me most of the time. -_-

And pick up Ike Zig. You'll learn how to jab cancel more. >_> <_<

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Everyone is telling Nike to play more Brawl, but ya'll gotta realize his heart ain't in it.

running off to Austin today to play more melee :)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hey fellas, I'm working on a feature-length screenplay this semester, and I'd like your input. It's about a secret agent named Gate who's assigned to rescue his abducted boss while babysitting the boss's 7 year-old son at the same time. It will be written in the same vein as Pixar films, and it will hopefully be a project I can present to John Lasseter when I live in California this summer. I can use any input you have!

Here's the link to the group.

Looking forward to some collaboration!

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Haha, you would put up two of our ugliest matches... XD

Meh, at least it gives me something to shake my head disappointedly at and vow to fix.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
so, i asked the parentals if i could have a smashfest in our house, they said they'd think about it, which in their language with my great persuassion (spelling failure) most likely means yes. It would probably be next week, either saturday or friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom