• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
hey guys i got some pretty cool news, i got this flyer from St. Phillip's college and apprently they are having a brawl tournament.

this is what it says:

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL TOURNAMENT

When: Saturday, November 21, 2009
Where: St. Phillip's College/ Turbon Student Center
Time: 1 - 9 PM
Admission to Play: $5.00

Food and drinks will be sold
Prizes will be awarded
Bring a TV, Wii, and Game for the Tourney and We'll Give You a Prize!
Bring your own Gamecube controllers or Wiimotes

Now, i dont go to st. philip's college, so i dont know much about it. I doubt it will be run that well, and that they will be that good, so it seems like a good way to get some money :)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'm almost curtain that Espy knows about this. If anything I might be able to go I'm not too sure about that.

Tomorrow is still green for me so I'll be there to beast up on BB and be ok in Brawl.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Nike can you make it to game night? I could use an extra TV for smash
i know i'll be goin to the Game Night at UTSA and i can bring a TV

nobody uses it at the house anyways. no cable, no inturwebz.:(

off topic question: MC, would you be interested in running a KOF11 tourney at Gamelot? *poke poke*

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I swear, I STILL can't find the flipping room.

I know the general area/building, but still. GAH! I fail at finding things. ;_;

And it's not right across from the bookstore entrance: That's no longer the UC building. >_>

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
i know i'll be goin to the Game Night at UTSA and i can bring a TV

nobody uses it at the house anyways. no cable, no inturwebz.:(

off topic question: MC, would you be interested in running a KOF11 tourney at Gamelot? *poke poke*
KoF is pretty dead in America. It'll only be a side tourney if anything. Even when I advertised it as a side tourney.

And I appreciate the TV. See you Saturday night.

I swear, I STILL can't find the flipping room.

I know the general area/building, but still. GAH! I fail at finding things. ;_;

And it's not right across from the bookstore entrance: That's no longer the UC building. >_>
UC III. There are 3 sections to the UC. It's the newest building in the area. JUST ASK PEOPLE ON CAMPUS!

You can go to the Roost, then go out the inside exit, walk all the way down the hall, then go down the staircases and it's at the bottom of the staircases.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940

I'm still confused. ;_; I know the UC building has three parts...but I don't know what the Roost is.

Curse me being directionally challenged...

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, a series of johns that extends farther than smash.

Man I think it would be better if you go to campus and ask at the roost or just ask who ever is there.

City johns can only go so far. =/

Suspect

Smash Hero
lmfao^

Anyways

i just got back from a tourny

This is what happen

It was originally suppose to have the normal rules and i thought they still did..so first round im playing and i go diddy, the kid i fought went wolf. Im not good in that matchup but im like "hey idc, he's a scrub"

kid almost beat me >_> so after it is over i find out that its only 1 round, NOT 2/3 and its single elimination. Im like "WTF, i almost got eliminated" lol

so then next round i go kirby and ****

then weegee and ****

the marth and ****

Grandfinals, still 1 round lol.

I go Falco against a pretty good DK, i sd first stock

almost lost that as well.

But i won the tourny.

Cost me 2$ to enter and i won 2 10$ coupons to a japanese restaurant, 50$ worth of tokens to the arcade, and a 20$ all day pass to a internet cafe

MLIA

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
will there be anything going on during the registration, like, friendlies?
There will be friendlies for the other games all night. Since you're not entering the Tekken 6 event, feel free to play as much as you want.

I'll have my cube. If you felt like bringing your's, you'll have to register it with me.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
lmfao^

Anyways

This is what happen

It was originally suppose to have the normal rules and i thought they still did..so first round im playing and i go diddy, the kid i fought went wolf. Im not good in that matchup but im like "hey idc, he's a scrub"

kid almost beat me >_> so after it is over i find out that its only 1 round, NOT 2/3 and its single elimination. Im like "WTF, i almost got eliminated" lol

then weegee and ****

the marth and ****

But i won the tourny.

Cost me 2$ to enter and i won 2 10$ coupons to a japanese restaurant, 50$ worth of tokens to the arcade, and a 20$ all day pass to a internet cafe

MLIA

Wow, what kind of **** is that? Single Elim and 1 round? Naw **** that, glad you won.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Yea they changed the rules for "time restraints" and gave Tekken the good rules cause it had a bigger turnout. I got my *** beat in Tekken, there good at that over here TIME TO PRACTICE!

and thanks :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll be in Colorado for stuff during the St. Phillip's tournament.

That, and it's not gonna give out money prizes, so :p
Still, I'd like to go to it, but can't. Oh well.

There was also a Brawl tournament today at John Jay High School, but it started at 11AM and went on to 4PM.

Oh well.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
lmfao^

Anyways

This is what happen

then weegee and ****

the marth and ****

But i won the tourny.

MLIA
Wow, single-elim., how beast xP . Well at least you got cash toward to practicing more tekken haha

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Okay, I think I might know which UC building it's in. The one closest to Parking Lots 5/6, correct?

And I'm bringing Brawl/Melee with me.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Glad to see you there Niddo, and longer than 30 minutes to boot. :)

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
lol next time EVERYONE bring a setup so that its not like "i was gonna bring my setup but i thought everyone else was gonna bring theirs." my TV was sitting abandoned, sad and unused on a table:laugh:

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
You were there too? Dang well next time we have one of these game nights again I'll bring my Wii and Brawl. Just gotta dust it off first real quick.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I got there at like, 7:05. Nobody was there. lol

If I wasn't so low on gas, I would have driven back home and picked up my Wii. ;_; Even my lights managed not to dim too badly when I drove back home.

Brandonbrp

Smash Rookie
Well i moved from houston i don't know where any of the tournaments are at im going to be at the roost at 2pm today

Brandonbrp

Smash Rookie
UTSA ROOST 3pm

I use to brawl in Houston but moved to san antiono for school UTSA! I AM GOIN TO THE ROOST AT 3pm IF anyONE WANTS TO 1v1

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
i'll 1v1 you one of these days, i'll just have to get myself down to UTSA on one of my days off.

Nido, where do you live? we should get together for some friendlies sometime, since we didnt get to play any real matches at UTSA

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Dude, most people need more time before meeting someplace. That, and you shouldn't triple post. >_> That's over the top.

@DB: I live by O'Connor/in Helotes. Do live near UTSA? I happen to go there, and on Tues/Thurs I have two hours off between classes.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Dude, most people need more time before meeting someplace. That, and you shouldn't triple post. >_> That's over the top.
lol i thought you were talkin to me at first.:laugh:

@DB: I live by O'Connor/in Helotes. Do live near UTSA? I happen to go there, and on Tues/Thurs I have two hours off between classes.
nah i live a good 20/30 mins from UTSA which is why i'd have to go there on a day off. i live near I35 and 410, on Perrin Beitel.

*looks on google maps*
oh **** Helotes is a bit far, i guess UTSA would be a good middle ground to Smash at...
what time are your 2 hr breaks in between classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom