• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Heroes gave us the boot earlier in September. We can't go there anymore.

As for the next Steakfeast. I won't be able to do one in November, for sure. However, it's entirely within my power to host a tournament sometime during the winter holidays. I'll get back to everyone on that.

But first, a weekend. Which sounds best?

December 5th, 12th, or 19th?

Can't do it on the fourth weekend, that's the day after Christmas.
Choose one of those three, and I'll be sure to assign it to the day most people can show. 12th is most unlikely since it's more possible that some of SA will be attending HOBO21.

PS: When this happens, I hope we can do the Pokemon tournament AFTER Brawl is done. Both events finished with plenty of time still left, but the Pokemon tournament really held everything back.

Oh, and I SHOULD be going to UT this Saturday. I'll be sure to advertise for my tournament then. We should hopefully have a day settled by then.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The only one I can make is Dec 5, as I'll be leaving for Louisiana on the 12th. The 12th is also the day of HOBO 21.

You're coming to UT? Where you staying at?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The only one I can make is Dec 5, as I'll be leaving for Louisiana on the 12th. The 12th is also the day of HOBO 21.

You're coming to UT? Where you staying at?
I should've been more clear. I meant UTSA.

Well, I got one vote for the 5th, and one for the 19th. Everything else is still kinda up in the air.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Big news: Gamelot no longer welcomes smash, welcomes annnnnnnnnnnnny other game. Cliff is tired of smash players leaving messes, ignoring him when he asks people to close the door, people dodging the venue fee, among other things that have happened over the years.

I'm fine running other games, soooooooooooo San Antonio needs to step it up and find a new smash venue.

For real this time.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
Big news: Gamelot no longer welcomes smash, welcomes annnnnnnnnnnnny other game. Cliff is tired of smash players leaving messes, ignoring him when he asks people to close the door, people dodging the venue fee, among other things that have happened over the years.

I'm fine running other games, soooooooooooo San Antonio needs to step it up and find a new smash venue.

For real this time.
Why do you hate me so?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
that makes so little sense it's ridiculous. Why no smash, when all other games are fine? because of one issue that one time? how is that the games fault?
Well...****.
It's like Gamelot is trying to piss me off or something.
Cliff is tired of smash players leaving messes, ignoring him when he asks people to close the door, people dodging the venue fee, among other things that have happened over the years. And he's still sore about that time the pot went missing at FS4.

I can't defend you guys on everything ya know. A good amount of it is true.

While FS6 ran smooth, FS7 was a hassle because no one informed me of the TVs not being at Gamelot but in storage, forcing Cliff to come and help us get them out. And if you were there, you'd remember being kicked out at 10 o' clock because Cliff was tired of people going in and out of the side door, which I also told people to close, but they kept opening it.

If I start up tournaments again, keep the problems to a minimum, smash could come back. But it'll take time. So start looking.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Cliff is tired of smash players leaving messes, ignoring him when he asks people to close the door, people dodging the venue fee, among other things that have happened over the years.

I can't defend you guys on everything ya know. A good amount of it is true.
Now, I'm not here to do the blame game...But that sounds a lot like the Melee players. A LOT.
They gave him a hard time at FS7 as well methinks. I can understand why Cliff feels that way.

That's not to say that the Brawl scene hasn't done it's fair share of things.
Hell, I've tried to clean up a bit whenever things are blatantly dirty, I listen when I'm told to do something, and I've never even heard of the venue fee dodging until now.

In fact, the venue fee thing is something that should be noted by the people signing the players up for the tournament. At Gamelot, you couldn't sign up for a tournament without a wristband, right?

Over the years...Brawl's only been out for a little more than one year.

Sounds to me like the Melee group just aggravated him a lot, and some Brawlers and FS7 pushed him over the edge.

God****ing ****it.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Don't play the Brawl/Melee card. He'll role them together regardless, and things about both players is true.

No moar crying, it's time to seriously find a new venue. One that either is very cheap to rent, or will let us charge by the head and leave it at that.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm not saying it's entirely the Melee scene's fault, or the Brawl scene's fault, and I'm aware that he'll throw them all in one pile anyways.

The point was that those problems should've been ironed out back before Brawl was even released. I had no idea so many things were going wrong in the tournament venues until later when I started becoming more active in the community.

What other places can be possible locations for the tournaments? Ballrooms and that kinda thing are too expensive unless done for regional events like Final Smash, and everything else seems a bit pricey for the low outcome we usually get for San Antonio monthlies.

I'll try looking around for possible venues, but I ain't holding my breath. Gamelot was literally the best thing we had. **** shame that we lost it because of years of neglecting to reinforce policies.

If ANYTHING, I'll help by running the Steakfests, but I cannot run them every month.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
it's no specific game's fault, you can't blame a group because individuals are he ones who mess things up. There's no them, just people.

and brawl's been out pretty close to 2 years

and it's been pretty dead here, so the last two years can't be blamed on melee anyway.

As I was saying though, the game doesn't make a difference.

I will try looking, but I don't really have any connections in SA yet

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Oh snap. That ain't good. Silly whoevertheywerepeople who did those things, wrecking it for everyone else. :(

And I can't help because I don't know of any place that we could use to host tournaments...

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'm sure if we all come together and think about this, we can find a venue that won't be much coming out of the pockets.

I suggest that KM, Espy, and myself get together and brainstorm on this matter. It's our city and it's about time we did something about that. If I have to find one myself I will cause I want to retire from Brawl and just TO the events.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I'm sure if we all come together and think about this, we can find a venue that won't be much coming out of the pockets.

I suggest that KM, Espy, and myself get together and brainstorm on this matter. It's our city and it's about time we did something about that. If I have to find one myself I will cause I want to retire from Brawl and just TO the events.
That would be the best solution.

discuss it at utsa?
If Espy is going to UTSA then yes.
Do this. And bring setups! We will have a huge amount of space.

Listen to this man.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just realized that I have a family thing to go to this Saturday around 6PM, so the odds of me going to UTSA have been shot.

Grey and KM, just discuss it amongst yourselves and just inform me afterward or something.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I just realized that I have a family thing to go to this Saturday around 6PM, so the odds of me going to UTSA have been shot.

Grey and KM, just discuss it amongst yourselves and just inform me afterward or something.
Just come by later, it will be going until at least 11 o clock. The time to clear out depends on how long it's gonna take to break down, we have to be wrapped up by midnight.

btw guys I'm finally using AIM again, arthursaurus is the screen name.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Im still in depressed mode because Suspect left and then DELETED HIS MYSPACE. I'm going to New Mexico tmrw and will be getting back next wednesdayish. When I do get back, though, I'll try to ease myself back into the scene. Each of the last 3 HOBO's I was bust that day :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom