• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspect

Smash Hero
JUJ IM SO SORRY ABOUT YESTERDAY! :(

As far as pokemon, id enter if it was like a dollar, i never played competitive pokemon so its still new to me.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I vote for Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, and Item Clause. And of course no ubers.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Does no ubers mean i cant use Heatran and Metagross?
Those are both OU, so you're good. Ubers are brokezor Pokemon like Mewtwo, Mew, Darkrai, etc. Most are legendary Pokemon, with the exceptions of Wobbufett and Wynaut.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
I am pretty lax on most rules. I think that some hinder the game or are avoidable. yet at the same time I understand why people are clammoring for some rules.

The last tournament I ran I only implemented the Item clause. and people didn't have too much of a problem with that. Yet I am open to more rule suggestions.

for sure no ubers, species clause, legal move sets, legal stats (don't care about perfect/max IV's). these are starter rules but we can ask which ones people would prefer and work from there.

I was thinking $10 to enter but depending on interest we could go lower.:)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Oh yeah, OHKO Clause, too. That and Evasion Clause and Luck Clause just take out a good deal of the luck that goes into battling.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
I sort of like some of the luck that goes into the game. for example just cause you double team does not mean your opponent is going to miss, that is a chance you take when using that move instead of attacking or switching.

Same for sleep clause, if you allow more than one pokemon to be slept that allows for more mind games on the part of both players. you can decide to get greedy and try to put a second pokemon to sleep anticipating the switch, or the opposing player can leave his pokemon in thinking you would do that, buying them one less turn of sleep.

Also there are pokemon with abilities like insomnia, or you can switch out with a person with lum berry.

But on the other hand fighting a sleep team is so annoying, and missing all the time pisses people off.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What's the status of our ride to HOBO?

I have someone interested in going to HOBO. Were we gonna try getting a bigger car or something? Considering that KM and Kyro were on the fence about going, I thought that perhaps we could try getting a bigger car. If they go, that gives us 8 people right there.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
What's the status of our ride to HOBO?

I have someone interested in going to HOBO. Were we gonna try getting a bigger car or something? Considering that KM and Kyro were on the fence about going, I thought that perhaps we could try getting a bigger car. If they go, that gives us 8 people right there.
I'm not on the fence, I've always wanted to go. Even have the day off and everything >.>

JUJ

Smash Cadet
If needs be I can try to get the van from my parents for the weekend. If not I say we see if I can house EL paso Friday night, and in return they can take some of our guys if they have room.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
JUJ is amazing at this kind of thing.
We need to contact El Paso and/or get info on the van ASAP. HOBO's in ~6 days!!

Suspect

Smash Hero
I actually will be back October 5th, so i can chill for a day or 2 after that. Then i leave to the Airport October 8th which brings me to this question....Can anyone take me to the Airport really early on the 8th? Id give gas money, i just dont want to take a shuttle/taxi cause they are really expensive. If not it's cool

JUJ

Smash Cadet
Suspect ill see what I can do about the 8th I might be off that day.

I just posted on the El Paso thread, I hope they are interested in kicking it with us for HOBO 19. I tried to give them a good deal so everyone wins.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so, heres whats up

i wanna come to HOBO, but flying to houston has to be the most ridiculously expensive thing on earth

so, dphat presented me with the idea of flying into san antonio or dallas and getting in on a carpool. Id be flying into one of these two cities either Friday latenight (like 11pm-midnight) or like saturday morning at 11am (which is probably too late)

id like to be back sunday, the earlier the better.

anyone who fits into this request that can help me out? if so, tell me what times are best for you for me to fly in and ill try to do it. hit me up on AIM @ GameDragonX

(this same post can be found in the dallas thread, and possibly the houston thread)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
JUJ, what was the news on Austin? I know El Paso is in with us on this Hotel thing, but have you talked to Hylian/Phantom X about this at all since Steakfest? We only have about 5 days or so, lets wrap up all the loose ends before things get confusing.

Oh, and this too, JUJ:

so, heres whats up

i wanna come to HOBO, but flying to houston has to be the most ridiculously expensive thing on earth

so, dphat presented me with the idea of flying into san antonio or dallas and getting in on a carpool. Id be flying into one of these two cities either Friday latenight (like 11pm-midnight) or like saturday morning at 11am (which is probably too late)

id like to be back sunday, the earlier the better.

anyone who fits into this request that can help me out? if so, tell me what times are best for you for me to fly in and ill try to do it. hit me up on AIM @ GameDragonX

(this same post can be found in the dallas thread, and possibly the houston thread)
I just got informed that Prime's friend is no longer pooling with us, so that actually leaves us with one extra spot. Perhaps we can discuss this with GDX if he's willing to sardine himself for a trip to Houston.

Unless we get that van you were talking about, JUJ, since Clusky wants to go, Kyro's a maybe, and I had a friend who was willing to pool with us to the tournament for some street fighter.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Suspect ill see what I can do about the 8th I might be off that day.

I just posted on the El Paso thread, I hope they are interested in kicking it with us for HOBO 19. I tried to give them a good deal so everyone wins.
If you could do that id really appreciate it but im talking about early like 4am early >_>

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531

Unless we get that van you were talking about, JUJ, since Clusky wants to go, Kyro's a maybe, and I had a friend who was willing to pool with us to the tournament for some street fighter.
Does your friend go by Death Note? Because that guy was posting on SRK wanting to go as well. I told him about smashers going and possibly getting a van. Said he already talked to smashers, but he wanted to keep him posted.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Does your friend go by Death Note? Because that guy was posting on SRK wanting to go as well. I told him about smashers going and possibly getting a van. Said he already talked to smashers, but he wanted to keep him posted.
Yeah, that's him.
If we get a van, I'd think bringing him along with the rest of SA'd be no problem. That'd only make 7 people.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
It looks like I got the Van for Hobo. That means we can fit seven, so in addition to Greyfox, Kprime, Espy, and myself, we can take Kyro, Kyle, and Espy's friend.

If we include Austin and El Paso that makes 17 people staying saturday night

We now have two options

1: get two rooms for $7 a person

2: get three rooms for $10 a person (preferably) for me

What say you smash community!!!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, she's not coming after all.

I'd prefer $7 per person for two rooms, but I'm fine with either one.
It'd be less packed than WHOBO, at least, considering there's only gonna be 8/9 people per room.

As long as I take a blanket to sleep on/with, I'm good with the floor and whatnot. It'll save everyone money, JUJ, and saving money is something that I feel is key to the trip, as well as our wallets.

EDIT: It seems as though Austin is housing with DugFinn (Phantom's post in the HOBO thread). That'd make 5 from El Paso and 7 from San Antonio.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
Ok if we count austin out then we can still do two rooms for $10 a night

the two rooms come out to $120 so that makes it reasonable.

still only $5 for gas though.:)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
We have van? AWESOME!

Ok, so by my count.....

JUJ
Greyfox
Espy
K Prime
Kyle

filling the rest could be

Death Note (Espy's friend) highly likely
Kyro
MorningStar?
Nike?

That makes 9, which is more than enough.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
We have van? AWESOME!

Ok, so by my count.....

JUJ
Greyfox
Espy
K Prime
Kyle

filling the rest could be

Death Note (Espy's friend) highly likely
Kyro
MorningStar?
Nike?

That makes 9, which is more than enough.

DN would definitely be able to go, and I think Kyro'd go too if he's not too busy. However, Nike can't make it, and it might be too short noticed for Morningstar to make it.
We can always try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom