• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Well, you gotta play more than just at tourneys guy.

I hope to be at Gamelot on Wendnesday. Espy please come so I can get some Sonic practice before SWAT.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Let's all go to Gamelot Wednesday.
Got it. I'll be there Friday.

I'm done with college too, but I might be busy in the summer.

I should have more time anyways.

As for the situation with Hobo16, I'm sure Frost or Nike could explain that better.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So guys, there's the Frosty on Saturday, then supposedly Wootz is holding a 2v2 tournament on Sunday.

Who's going?

I'm gonna be at both.

Suspect

Smash Hero
My Tournament is canceled, i live with my grandma now.

dont ask.

its canceled.

Ill go to the team tourny only if i can team with one of the following people (in order) Espy, shin ike.

We did do good against hylian and dojo tho espy ;)

EDIT: Nike sent me a text saying he wants to be like me when he grows up :D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
****, that sucks pretty hard. Oh well.

I'll team with you Suspect. We did pretty **** well, and I want to see where this goes if we team again.

I'll be at Wootz on Sunday then.

Suspect

Smash Hero
yea sorry about that guys

maybe yall can get a gamelot going on now or something

and ok cool espy, teams at wootz. But which sunday is it again? greyfox said the day after SWAT so the 24th?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
yea sorry about that guys

maybe yall can get a gamelot going on now or something

and ok cool espy, teams at wootz. But which sunday is it again? greyfox said the day after SWAT so the 24th?
I was told that it was this weekend.

*Just checked, and yes, it's right after SWAT, so I don't know if we'll make it. It depends on when we come back from SWAT with Greyfox.

Besides, I just checked the blog, and wow, the info is pretty crazy:

What: Brawl 2v2
When Sunday, May 24th @ 12noon 12:30 Cut off
Where: 8923 Culebra Suite 106 SATX 78251

FEE:
$10 per person Prepay before Tourney day
$17 per person with online RSVP (can Call for RSVP also)
$20 per person walk in

Bring your controller

No Bags no outside food inside store

1/2 of the entry fee will go towards prize money
1st - 70%
2nd - 30%

allisbrawl.com
$17 WITH an RSVP, and only 50% of the pot? ****, they're still up to those old tricks.

Technically, if one were to win a tournament at 1st place, you're getting a ****ty prize anyways.

50% goes to the pot, which means 1st place really only gets 35% of the pot.
Then you gotta split that money...
So each player only wins 17.5% each for 1st place, and each person for 2nd only gets 7.5% each...

Of course, if there were somehow 8 teams (which actually is possible), and each of them were a $10.00 pre-tourney prepay...

LOLZ

If EVERYONE paid $10 each for prepays, 1st place only nets themselves a $18 profit each, while 2nd place gets $2 profit each...

Then again, if everyone paid walk-in...

1st nets $36 profit each, 2nd gains $4 profit.

It'd be fun as hell though. I'm kinda unsure of whether or not to go. 8 teams would imply that 16 people are all willing to spend at most $20.00 for Brawl on a set of laggy televisions and small venues with little freeplay.

-----

In all honesty, if they just asked for a $5 venue fee, while each person paid $10, while not messing with the total money pot, they'd probably get more entrants. They might not make that much profit, but if enough people go, that'd make up for it.

Hell, I'd even be accepting of it if the venue fee was $10 instead of the regular $5. Oh well, Wootz will be wootz.

-----

Eh, who am I kidding? If I'm in town, I'm going anyways. I need as much Brawl as SA can give...

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
In all honesty, if they just asked for a $5 venue fee, while each person paid $10, while not messing with the total money pot, they'd probably get more entrants. They might not make that much profit, but if enough people go, that'd make up for it.

Hell, I'd even be accepting of it if the venue fee was $10 instead of the regular $5. Oh well, Wootz will be wootz.

-----

Eh, who am I kidding? If I'm in town, I'm going anyways. I need as much Brawl as SA can give...
I may see if I can convince him to change it to a five dollars venue fee. Can't be that hard, since most Gamelot tournaments have had a higher attendance than his tournaments. You can all back me up when I say that.

EDIT: I'm busy with a wedding on May 16th, and so there was no hope of me attending Frosty 2 or making a Gamelot this month.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Aint nobody scared of that ***** :laugh:

and as far as going to gamelot today people im not going unless i can has ride >_>

Nike.

Smash Hero
I will never attend wootz for a tourny again.

I has idea. How about we do a RR every wednesday. $5, winner take all :D There would never be a dozen and it could be fast!

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Ok, to answer MorningStar's question, so far I have Me(Driver), and Espy. There are about 4-5 of SA that wants to go, but I won't have the room for 5 more. Prime is on top of the list so I have to aleast save a spot for him.

All in all, there needs to be another driver.

@Jack: Sorry about the tourney. I'll get in contact with Adrian and talk to him about the entry.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Yes tell that ***** to stop being greedy and that he will get more people if he just does it like gamelot does.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I wish I could go to SWAT. I even have the money for it. Except parents would freak out about:

A) Me going out of city

B) It being so close to finals (not that I'm taking any. Yays for good grades + under 3 absences)

C) Being with people I don't know that well (the fact I've seen you guys a whooping 3 times wouldn't settle well with them)

D) It being closer to Mexico (Unless of course, it's not. I have no clue where the other SA is. But due to my Dad's job: being closer to Mexico = bad) lol geography.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
D) It being closer to Mexico (Unless of course, it's not. I have no clue where the other SA is. But due to my Dad's job: being closer to Mexico = bad)[/quote]

Dude San Angelo is closer to Dallas than anything. That's why most of the OOC going to SWAT is Dallas peeps.

We call them San Antonio JR because they have always come to my tournaments, ever since Final Smash 1.

And it's a much smaller SA.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
D) It being closer to Mexico (Unless of course, it's not. I have no clue where the other SA is. But due to my Dad's job: being closer to Mexico = bad)
Dude San Angelo is closer to Dallas than anything. That's why most of the OOC going to SWAT is Dallas peeps.

We call them San Antonio JR because they have always come to my tournaments, ever since Final Smash 1.

And it's a much smaller SA.[/QUOTE]

Okay, cross out D then. Like I said: no clue where it was. I knew it was smaller then here.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ok, to answer MorningStar's question, so far I have Me(Driver), and Espy. There are about 4-5 of SA that wants to go, but I won't have the room for 5 more. Prime is on top of the list so I have to aleast save a spot for him.

All in all, there needs to be another driver.

@Jack: Sorry about the tourney. I'll get in contact with Adrian and talk to him about the entry.
Even if you can haggle him to make a $10 venue fee and a $10 per player entry fee, that's more reasonable. If he refuses to go even that low, then Wootz is possibly a lost cause.

Oh, and if the car you take only takes 4 people:

Greyfox, Espy, K Prime. That makes 3.
Morningstar, Nike, and KM all wish to go as well.

Is it possible for us to take another car? That'd solve everything.
Someone get in touch with Prime so we know whether he'd be able to go 100%.

I has idea. How about we do a RR every wednesday. $5, winner take all :D There would never be a dozen and it could be fast!
That actually sounds like a pretty cool idea.
However, winner take all sounds a little icky. Perhaps 70/30, or 60/30/10?
Those seem more reasonable, depending on how many people go.

[D) It being closer to Mexico (Unless of course, it's not. I have no clue where the other SA is. But due to my Dad's job: being closer to Mexico = bad)
Went to Eagle Pass once. Heard stories from the locals. Made me so **** nervous about going near the border again...

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Sorry if people already requested off work for this, but I've had to change this dates to both Final Smash 6 and 7. You can blame a bunch of LARP players renting out the space for this.

Date Changes:

Final Smash 6 moved up a week to June 20th and 21st

Final Smash 7
is moved back a week to August 1st.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I should have room for you and your two friends...however everyone else in SA needs to find a ride there.

I don't care either way, I'll extend my hand to you and bring you and your guys with us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom