• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I suck. Worst Samus of all time.

OF ALL TIME!!

I'm anti- campy, but anti-aggro. WTF does that mean? I don't know... but that's the best way to describe my style.

TGM

Smash Lord
TAC is 99% wifi and doesnt count.
Noob doesnt really play.
Tudor doesnt play.
No-idea loses to yoshi but is 2nd best samus imo
Xyro is clearly the best. No other samus has matched him in results or cash won or beat him majority in samus dittos.
Sago uses metaknight and doesnt count.

Melee wes seems like hes coming back to samus. I just saw dabuz wanting to come back. this is good

tha_carter

Smash Ace
if you think samus has a stupidly good aerial game, i suggest you drop her now and save yourself the heart break

if you think samus has a stupidly good aerial game, i suggest you drop her now and save yourself the heart break
This. I admit, her air game isn't the best, but it's certainly not bad. Uair itself puts her above ALOT of characters.

Also it's:

1) NO-IDea
2) IsmaR
3) Xyro

IMHO. Obviously, stats prove me wrong ;)

DON'T HURT ME D:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
guyz, Xyro got banned. WTF happened this time? Now where am I going to spam my ghey MK pictures? :(

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
If I cut back on a lot of my stupid habits, and maybe actually play more than once a month, I hope I could make that list of Xyro's. Also, yesterday I attended the OKGamers tourney in Tulsa. I don't know what I placed yet, I wussed out and left early since pizza didnt get there yet and I hadnt eaten at all that day... it was 5:30. Oh well, I think out of about 60 people I got in top 10. I did really good, will find out exactly where I placed hopefully soon.

Definitely impressed a lot of people. The two guys I lost to had a lot to say about my Samus. Lost to FK, a ZSS main and Chuck Nasty, a MK main... got slaughtered by Chuck... I really wish we had more writeups and videos on Samus vs MK, but I guess the reason for pretty much no info on this matchup is because no one has success against him.

Also wanted to mention I recorded the videos, I will just need more time for me to post them up. I had the opportunity to get them up quickly, but the camera needed an AC adapter to format the disc properly, so I had to leave Tulsa to do that. It may be a few more weeks before they go up is what Im saying. I am really proud of one match I played, it was against a decent Falco (sorry, didnt get his name) and partly due to a few misjudgements on his part, and partly due to my experience using Falco, I was able to pull a win.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
@Xyro's request to replace the person in my sig - No.
@Smoom - Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol@dexter reference
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom<3
@dabuz - Samus ***** Olimar silly. You made the right choice.
I'm being serious.
@DelxDoom - Aww I got a mention <3
@DelxDoom again - Regarding Samus being Olimar.
@Xyro again/TGM - TAC doesn't play on Wi-Fi. And see above.
@Raigoth - Very nice work. Hope you can deal with said habits.
@IsmaR - Nah I think they said something about it last week though. Crazy ****, though.
@DelxDoom - Man I love typing out your name.

In regards to me being the best Samus, I'd have to disagree(what a shock). I consider myself decent at best. I just play a weird Samus, so many people say it's good. I'll get there one day. For now I'll keep taking joy in abusing N-air(had a legit 130% kill on SV).
<3

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I can help those with the MK MU. Just AIM me. Otherwise, there's a write-up in the morphology.

TAC plays IRL too, he was at Pound. Didn't get to meet him unfortunately, and I don't know how well he did in pools exactly. Sago was looking for him too.

Will be out of the tourney scene because of the new semester. May bring my wii back on campus for those seeking wifi dittos and don't mind my horrible skills.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
I can help those with the MK MU. Just AIM me. Otherwise, there's a write-up in the morphology.

TAC plays IRL too, he was at Pound. Didn't get to meet him unfortunately, and I don't know how well he did in pools exactly. Sago was looking for him too.

Will be out of the tourney scene because of the new semester. May bring my wii back on campus for those seeking wifi dittos and don't mind my horrible skills.
And AIM you I may. I will probably have to set up my Digsby account in order for us to communicate through that means first. The MK write-up is rather shallow and more common sense kind of stuff, so I didn't find it altogether too helpful. I guess that can't be helped, since it appears this match more requires experience rather than know how. But if you have any tips that aren't being lent to that thread, then by all means throw them my way.

And you mean horrible skills as in wifi, correct? I know wifi lends to people looking worse than they play IRL and Xyro seems to have a high opinion of you. So you can't be horrible... well, I don't know what Samus dittos have to do with anything, so I don't think you can count that for horrible either.

TGM

Smash Lord
TAC is not good and has NO records to prove me wrong other wise. Hes 99% wifi and garbage at that.
Raigoth, by watching no-idea and playing no-idea in dittos, i can SEE and FEEL he doesnt do the classice samus stuff MOST samus players do. he does his **** ith a meaning and does it with some smarts. He said hes going to whobo so we will see!

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Shoot.......

It appears there weren't 60 people, there were 49. I wasn't close at all.
Also, I barely got out of top ten, I'm pretty mad at myself now. I missed it by 3 spots.

Anyway, here is the link http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,2606.msg34673.html#msg34673

Once again they label me as raigoth DRagon, not dagon, but I guess that is fine. Still giving Samus a good name. Also my brother, PapaJ didn't do too bad. Pretty proud of him for that. I think it was a good idea he switched from Ike to Lucario.

Also @ Xyro, didn't mean anything bad about NOID, I love the guy. He just seems to have a low opinion of himself and I'm trying to help him see wifi means nothing if that's what he's thinking makes him horrible. And losing to a Yoshi isn't bad either, I lost to a ZSS even though that probably doesn't mean anything since I have 0 ZSS experience and am not regarded very highly around these boards.

I have played NOID wifi, and judging by his educated comments about everything I can see he really thinks about what he is doing, which is very good indeed. At the beginning, he didn't really have a mainstream opinion about things, but still, they were well formulated opinions and ones that I could agree on at that. So basically, I agree with you about NOID playing smart, but I only have videos for what I can judge on and the three Samus mains I've played WIFI, yourself included, so I can't really make a good verdict on how good NOID would be since the only things I've seen were our matches together.

Now on the subject of whobo, this isn't your last one, is it? I still am not financially able to go to one of your events, and I still intend to attend one before your done. If NOID makes it, that'll be great. I expect to see some good videos of you guys.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Haha, I don't have a poor opinion of myself. But I ask for people to not overestimate my abilities. I mean, I use Samus. Come on!

It's also a given fact that I can't pull off all the insane things I do IRL on wifi. I still am not used to the buffering system and wifi just makes it worse. But, if you're looking for something new and interesting, then just hit me up. I'm always open to playing wifail with other Samus mains.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Um, TAC is canadian, that makes him automatically top 3

seriously though, theres no list for top samus'... youre all equally terrible... step it up =D

Um, TAC is canadian, that makes him automatically top 3

seriously though, theres no list for top samus'... youre all equally terrible... step it up =D
QFT. Seriously we suck. <3

NOID and myself talk strategies ALL THE TIME, honestly an offline Samus ditto between us would be so sexy. *Im going to Pound 5 aswell so Ima be sure to see him there ;o.*

NOID is seriously legit though, his name is just so... misleading o.o.....

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I suck at games like Tats vs. Cap. Not capable of pulling of the 100 hit combos. Haven't posted here in a while cause I still suck badly with Samus haha. :( Completely failed in a friendly 2 v 2 low tier (it just happened that low tier characters were picked). Lucas is considered mid-low right?

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I suck at games like Tats vs. Cap. Not capable of pulling of the 100 hit combos. Haven't posted here in a while cause I still suck badly with Samus haha. :( Completely failed in a friendly 2 v 2 low tier (it just happened that low tier characters were picked). Lucas is considered mid-low right?
Yo, I'm coming up there to visit Dank soon. I expect to see and play you as well. Just a heads up. Once I get adjusted to the work load and scheduling of my classes, I'll make plans.

He is. Should be higher.
I painfully disagree. Mostly because past the exterior, he has definite flaws aside from his grab releases. And they're only overlooked because of his damage rackers and good shield pressure.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I look more to his speed, kill/grab power and range than his damage rackers/shield pressure. I see his flaws, but I've seen firsthand how you can work around them. To each their own, though.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I've been playing mostly CoD MW2 mostly because it's the most recent and the only one I have. I am not that good but I'm planning to prestige as soon as i can anyways.

TvC (and BlazBlue CS) have a sort of interest for me but I haven't researched them and meh, too much effort to try to get them.

but honestly, with all this MW2 I almost want to sit down in front of the wii and play some Brawl sometimes lol.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
So I was looking at the video critique thread, and maybe it was a bad idea as Xyro said, yes? I mean it has been very inactive, near the bottom of our list, and no one is posting their videos. I've seen at least 3 different randoms coming in asking where to post their videos and being turned away. Maybe we already scared them or something?

On an entirely different subject, just got done playing Halo 3. Got myself a new one month, and man did I have some awesome filled games with my friend. Got him 25 social matches and looked at his stats on Bungie.net, he has over a 6 point k/d ratio. I already played a few more than he had, so I only raised mine by1 point up to a 3 k/d ratio. Seriously fun, had a few games went +30. Nothing is better than crushing a few hopes and dreams, you know, keeping people from getting the flag and making them go -20 in the same match.

One more thing, I may not be financially ready for it, but here goes - Any upcoming tournaments that may be in the vicinity of Southwestern Missouri or Northeastern Oklahoma or something like that? After two out of three good tournaments I've attended, I kind of want more action. If other Samus mains are attending, that would make it better.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
So I was looking at the video critique thread, and maybe it was a bad idea as Xyro said, yes? I mean it has been very inactive, near the bottom of our list, and no one is posting their videos. I've seen at least 3 different randoms coming in asking where to post their videos and being turned away. Maybe we already scared them or something?

On an entirely different subject, just got done playing Halo 3. Got myself a new one month, and man did I have some awesome filled games with my friend. Got him 25 social matches and looked at his stats on Bungie.net, he has over a 6 point k/d ratio. I already played a few more than he had, so I only raised mine by1 point up to a 3 k/d ratio. Seriously fun, had a few games went +30. Nothing is better than crushing a few hopes and dreams, you know, keeping people from getting the flag and making them go -20 in the same match.

One more thing, I may not be financially ready for it, but here goes - Any upcoming tournaments that may be in the vicinity of Southwestern Missouri or Northeastern Oklahoma or something like that? After two out of three good tournaments I've attended, I kind of want more action. If other Samus mains are attending, that would make it better.
well im going to phase...its in north texas

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Theres only 2 rules to understanding Ismar;

#1. You must ALWAYS take him seriously

#2. You must NEVER take him seriously

hope that helps

Top Bottom