• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I got murdered in doubles the other day, but soley because my partner was rubbish, I also figured out samus is Amazing at Hit-and-run tactics. little damage adds up over time, I was camping hard core, then I'd do a Dsmash and book it to the other side of Final D and rinse and repeat.

They rage quit :D
Speaking of rage quit, yesterday my brother and I were at our friend's house, and he was playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on the PS3, and he had Rogue as one of his characters. Well, when he would attack, his opponent would block. So what he did was set up his opponent so that his opponent would block, and then he would grab his opponent. He did this a few times, and then it said that the person he was playing against had left. We were laughing.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
1) Bushido = Samurai code of honor and code of life or something to that degree.

2) Every time I get a kill as Samus, Imma yell something stupid like "SHELBRUNKAND!" or "you just got shelbrunkand" or "get shelbrunkand(ed)."

And now with him gone.

Also @ Vocal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb1jvnw-icc

Sit down.
3) I have no idea how to play the Oli MU since there aren't too many in my area. Also, love the Angelic Break Beats music from Angel Beats. The last stock synced with the music haha.

I have no idea how to play the Oli MU since there aren't too many in my area. Also, love the Angelic Break Beats music from Angel Beats. The last stock synced with the music haha.
Angelic Break Beats (trailer version) is simply amazing, it's staying on battlefield for a very long time <3

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
And now with him gone.

Can someone recommend a good game for me to start on the metroid series that IS NOT on the SNES?
Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission for the GBA are amazing.
Also, original metroid imo.
As someone who's played every Metroid game fully apart from Pinball and Metroid II for GameBoy, I'd have to recommend Metroid Fusion in the 2-D department and either the first or third Prime game. I personally love the second Prime to death but I don't think it'd be a good starting point.

Oh and the Trilogy collection disc is awesome and if you don't have it you're not cool. >:3

Also yay the topic is now Shelbrunkand again.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
definitely reccomend fusion. one of my favorite games of all time, and i have a 1% run a few minutes off of the world record :D (that was a few years ago though, havent checked recently)

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
And now with him gone.

Can someone recommend a good game for me to start on the metroid series that IS NOT on the SNES?

Also @ Vocal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb1jvnw-icc

Sit down.
I don't approve of this Olimar; he didn't throw enough pikmin and he didn't look like he knew how to play Samus. That said, he looked like he would've been decent against a different character and you totally ***** :)

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
Metroid Zero mision is a good game to start

MZM is the remake of the first Metroid, you will understand better the saga story

the difficulty is perfect for someone who never played a metroid, also is pretty fun

you need the visual boy advance (Gameboy avdance emulator) and the rom,

have fun :)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
KJ, do u care about story? If so, go for prime series.Its SUPER deep. STAY AWAY FROM fusion. it literally DESTROYS what and who samus is. its terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABbVsc2tYbg

WOW! WHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHH!

It doesn't matter to me anymore. You guys are right. I guess it hasn't even been a month, and I feel like just dropping Brawl for good. I'm tired of this ****. I am a pathetic Samus main who can't win a ****ing match worth ****. Every single time I play against my brother, I lose and lose and lose. I can't win **** in the Ladder, either, having a rubbish score of five losses total. And for that reason, I hate fighting games. I hate them and I am really thinking about just selling Brawl and Tekken 6. Ugh! I will not go out and buy Tatsunako vs. Capcom, nor BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger/Continuum Shift, nor Super Street Fighter IV. I'm through with this.

I guess the reason why I am not feeling it today is because a friend of mine, who, well, was my friend, is no longer my friend. I was asked by her if I could lend her money. I refused to and told her that my parents would not approve. After she persisted with this and I told her "No" numerous times, she no longer wants to speak to me. Now the cell phone I have serves no purpose. Maybe I can start texting Xyro. I personally find this ridiculous, and this friend of mine whom I cared so deeply about, I guess turned out to be a shallow friend. I wonder if she stopped befriending the other people who denied her financial support as well.

Such is life, I guess. In the words of the Bushido, "Expect nothing. Be prepared for everything."

**** this. I'm not going to give up.
text me some time. im a decent guy

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
text me some time. im a decent guy
I wish your mom could see you now, I'm sure she'd tell you that you should make it as a comedian easy. Also you wanna be nice to him at least once? BAM get at me.

EDIT: why'd you re-post the vid I posted? Duders not cool :(

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
Shelbrunkand is a German swear word which is most definitely a naked Lady Gaga sexing oneself up.

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
I'm not a night owl, I'm just bored. Sometimes I wake up late at night and browse forums I frequent through the Wii's internet browser. I guess that's being a light sleeper but meh.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Zero Mission is good. Fusion is better. :3
I beg to differ. Super Metroid was considered the best of the Metroid games by fans, and I found Metroid: Zero Mission to get the closest to the feel of SM. Of course, Metroid Prime is up there with SM now, also considered by fans to be the best of all the Metroid titles. So, as far as side-scrolling goes, SM is the best, and for a first-person adventure, MP is the best. I prefer ZM over Metroid Fusion, only because ZM is like SM. It's a return to planet Zebes for Metroid fans. Here's my little run down.

Metroid (NES): A classic. That's all I have to say.

Metroid II: Return of Samus (GB): The game has improved graphics, and Samus can now aim in four directions: up, down (only in the air), left, and right. She can also crouch, which was not in the original Metroid. New items that set up Super Metroid were also introduced, even though stacking was still not possible. The music is fine, but there isn't enough. You'll have the usual theme, but if you head to other locations, the music becomes weird, quirky noises. While the model for Samus was graphically improved, the area design was overly used, and so that dumbs down the points in the graphic department. This game is much more of a labyrinth than the original Metroid. If you have not played this game, and you are a Metroid fan, I'd recommend you try this one out. You can download it on VisualBoy, which is like JNES and ZSNES.

Super Metroid: Considered one of the best by Metroid fans, this game was the largest SNES game in its day. When the creators of the game did not know what to do with the rest of the megs, they worked on the music. The graphics are vastly superior than its predecessors, and the soundtrack is undeniably one of the best, being used for even future titles (Brinstar has 11 remixes). Stacking is made possible, and Samus can aim in eight directions. SM also has a great replay value, and if you have not played this game before, you have never played a video game. Those of you with a Virtual Console, I recommend you add this to your video game collection. It's a classic.

Metroid Fusion: This is also a great game, and it came out around the same time Metroid Prime came out. The issues that several fans had with this game was that it was too linear, unlike the previous Metroid games (save MII), and that people felt that Samus' mysterious personality was "demythologized." This is still a great game, though. Go check it out.

Metroid Prime: This is now a classic and is considered one of the best Metroid games to date. When fans heard that this game was going to be a first-person title, they had many fears. A lot of fans still didn't like the idea of a first-person Metroid game. However, when it was released, all the criticism they held was blown out of the water, and those fans who thought bad of the game ate their own words. (I never doubted Nintendo, not for a second. I withheld my criticism.) MP takes the elements of Metroid, such as puzzles and exploration, and not focusing too much on the shooting, which is why it is a first-person adventure instead of a first-person shooter. I highly recommend this one.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes was unfortunately an under-rated title of the Metroid series. However, that doesn't mean that it's not good. Of the graphics, IGN said that it was one of the "prettiest" GameCube games, and obviously far superior in graphics versus MP. The music was pretty enjoyable, too. (I liked the Torvus Bog theme, especially Dark Torvus.) For some strange reason, however, the music and sound were not better than MP's. What I mean to say is that I could have my volume on 16 while playing MP and hear it clearly. However, when I played MP2, I had to turn the volume up to 22. If you haven't played this game, try it out. I personally think it's the longest of the Metroid Prime trilogy.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: This was the first game I bought for my Wii, as I was buying the Wii on the same day. This game, like its predecessors, has great replay value. The graphics are gorgeous and take advantage of the power the Wii can produce graphically. But, graphics aren't the only thing that defines a game. I think Retro Studios and Nintendo did a great job with the controls. It all works smoothly, and the new lock-on feature allows you to lock onto one enemy, while being free to fire anywhere else. The music is different, I must say, but I trust it is fitting, especially SkyTown's theme with that steampunk design. It also makes use of some of the classic soundtracks. The voice acting was also spot-on, especially for the first Metroid game that uses voice acting. Also, this is personally my favorite of the trilogy.

Metroid Prime: Hunters: Unfortunately, I can't say this is one of the best Metroid games. I wanted the game, fortunately my brother found a copy for me. The graphics and music are really nice. I like those a lot. My major problem with this one was the controls. You have to hold the Nintendo DS with your left hand and use the stylus with your right. To fire, you have to use the L button to shoot. Don't get me wrong, I was able to work with this, but I started getting a hand cramp, and that affected the score for this game. MPH also doesn't work like other Metroid titles, but that is likely because it was focused more on the multiplayer. Still, if you are a Metroid fan, I would add this to the collection of Metroid games.

For those of you who did not purchase the Metroid Prime Trilogy, the only way to buy this now is by going to a gaming store that sells used games, or finding it on eBay or some other place, as MPT was a limited edition and is no longer sold in stores. (I made a good choice when I was trying to figure out what I wanted to buy. Good thing I bought MPT!) That is all.

Top Bottom