• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
A thrusting moveset for Eliwood would be cool. But he really should have his Durandal.
Only for Final Smash, Eliwood running around with that big sword... would be dumb.

Speaking of Final Smash... which would be Roy's Final Smash? I'm thinking on something related to flames...

Duh? D:

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Only for Final Smash, Eliwood running around with that big sword... would be dumb.

Speaking of Final Smash... which would be Roy's Final Smash? I'm thinking on something related to flames...

Duh? D:
Lilinia would appear and burn everyone to a crisp with her forblaze spell ^_^

-Knight

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Lilinia would appear and burn everyone to a crisp with her forblaze spell ^_^

-Knight
How did you read my mind!?

Well, I think something like this too:

1) Roy destroys the Smash Ball, gains Smash power.

2) *pushes Special Attack* OMG, Activated.

3) Roy raises his sword, and it starts to unleash flames.

4) Slashes down, and charges toward the enemy.

5) If he is in reach, press the Special Attack again and unleash the attack. Very strong, maybe capable of KO-ing?

6) Aditional effect: Roy can jump after his enemy and change direction.

Whaddya say? *bricked*

NukeA6

Smash Master
as for his fsmash wouldnt that make a sweeter counter?? imagine if roy became a multi hit beast?! he sucks you in with the first swipe and beats you until stunned -- An auto stun Attack!! with about 7-15 if countered late [[only option left is to combo, like link's fsmash]] and prime [[last minute, like effective captian knee vs. n00bs knee]] counter is that good old x1.5 kill

than again as a f-smash i suppose his charging animation would be him bringing the sword from front enflaming over head to back to finally turning with attack for
quick fsmashes he'll instantly turn around and swipe as soon as you let go of a
Yeah, the smash should be multi-hit since this was a trait he had that differed him from Marth. As a counter, it seems too powerful to be one but then again there have been supers in fighting games which are counters so I think it would be alright. Though, it looks more like a smash to me.

how about his new side b?? does more damage when far, and sparks a diagonal eruption
chargeable?? direct contact with sword is a slow juggle launch sets opponent ablaze?
Ok, maybe it shouldn't be a counter. Side B seems alright but I can see it as one of his throws as well.

i could see that with or without the twirling?? with or without the step in and back?? it's like the range of his melee f-tilt, with the speed and lag of his d-tilt
No twirling or step backs.

perhaps a multihit?? first a short feint first, unsheath sword back then plunge forward
Works

and perhaps for a upsmash another vacuum type attack an a slow upward wide arc swipe then followup with the melee upsmash stab
Don't know bout this one.

then again im just ranting:chuckle: your thoughts and opinions
The rant did have use. Thanks for it.

courte

Smash Lord
np now im off to start hammers and spears for brawl!! or knives we need some weapon diversity!! kirby and dedede are ok but i think link could use a new hammer or ball and chain down throw... just for kicks

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Duh? D:
Actually, one of my ideas for Eliwood's Final Smash was Durandal.

courte

Smash Lord
Actually, one of my ideas for Eliwood's Final Smash was Durandal.
makes sense i mean its huge ; give cloud and dissidia a run for his money

a horse should be allowed, you think?? look at the lengths sakurai has gone too for some of the other chars?? if fox gets a tank a horse is surely reasonable and it'd be different for a sword wielding character as the rest so far have been in the same genre either a flurry or a single hit

also can anyone direct me to the ww link page??

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
makes sense i mean its huge ; give cloud and dissidia a run for his money

a horse should be allowed, you think?? look at the lengths sakurai has gone too for some of the other chars?? if fox gets a tank a horse is surely reasonable and it'd be different for a sword wielding character as the rest so far have been in the same genre either a flurry or a single hit

also can anyone direct me to the ww link page??
Well, if Wario can have his bike, then Eliwood (or Sigurd) should be allowed to have their horse as one of their B-moves. I also think, that he would ride his horse if Durandal were his Final Smash, and that Eliwood's eyes should become flames, though that might be a bit scary. :p

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
FEAR THE HORSE

Also, how about a tornado esque attack where he takes out Duradel and goes in a spinning top attack for 20 seconds.

courte

Smash Lord
anyone have some fire emblem gameplay footage

also i think we've decided if its eliwood he should have a horse but what about roy

i'd hope for him to have the fire emblem eitheras a badge or as a shield thus making it somewhat like wario man's special

modifying most of his moves increasing his power making him invulnerable incredibly fast and higher jumps as well as bringing a flaming explosion to each attack

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Okay, I just finished sending the last batch of invitations for people to become Knights of Elibe. I am already making plans for what we will do in this thread for the next eight weeks until Brawl's Japanese release, and I am going to update the opening post first thing next week as well. Invicible Agent made some great banners for the Knights of Elibe, and I am thinking that we should have one of them in our signature to show our commitment to Roy.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Now, let's discuss a few things about Roy if he appears in Brawl: Taunts, appearance and Final Smash.

Though I have already suggested a Final Smash already... I'll go with taunts:

1) Melee Taunt.
2) Roy raises the Sword of Seals, which starts to blaze and then slashes down.
3) Thinking on it.

...Now?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Now, let's discuss a few things about Roy if he appears in Brawl: Taunts, appearance and Final Smash.

Though I have already suggested a Final Smash already... I'll go with taunts:

1) Melee Taunt.
2) Roy raises the Sword of Seals, which starts to blaze and then slashes down.
3) Thinking on it.

...Now?
I am thinking for Roy's Final Smash that he should have something like Alvis's Falaflame.

Also, here is the current list of Knights of Elibe:

Current list of Knights of Elibe:
ChronoBound
Roy-Kun
Doodx
zero suit falcon
Tails for brawl
Bassoonist
ThoraxeRMG
Devotion
Johnknight1
NukeA6
Lord_Deathborne
LemonManX
InvincibleAgent
courte
mattiator
Marthgreil
tirkaro
UtopiaXD
Hippochinfat
bluffmaster
True Fool
roy_owns
hemightbegiant
Ginger9001
RastaImposta
Zman

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'll join.

don't have anything to say at the moment though.

I may make a banner on monday if anyone want's me to.
That would be nice. I would like it to have Roy (Melee model) and Eliwood on it, with Knights of Elibe of course written on it. InvincibleAgent made some really nice ones, though for myself I would like one with Eliwood on it as well.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
seems like im gonna change my sig from cool to awesome

True Fool

Smash Ace
Since I'm a Knight of Elibe now, I thought I'd throw in my two cents about Roy's chances, and how they ARE existant.

Now, we all know that Roy's FE popularity is pathetic to many of the other FE lords, that's a given. But his smash popularity is another story. He's become a pretty freaking popular character in smash (sword characters tend to do that) so he may simply return just for that. He's quite popular to competitive players, and incredibly popular to the casual players. I think he may have had the third (IIRC) strongest fanbase behind Marth and Link. Being the first GBA lord doesn't hurt his chances either.

Even if he is over-looked, I see a good chance of Eliwood's appearance in exchange. Roy was a very popular character in smash, and he's also a familiar character among smash players. Eliwood would be a familiar appearance to smash players thanks to Roy, and he'd be familiar to US FE players thanks to being in the first internationaly released FE.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Since I'm a Knight of Elibe now, I thought I'd throw in my two cents about Roy's chances, and how they ARE existant.

Now, we all know that Roy's FE popularity is pathetic to many of the other FE lords, that's a given. But his smash popularity is another story. He's become a pretty freaking popular character in smash (sword characters tend to do that) so he may simply return just for that. He's quite popular to competitive players, and incredibly popular to the casual players. I think he may have had the third (IIRC) strongest fanbase behind Marth and Link. Being the first GBA lord doesn't hurt his chances either.

Even if he is over-looked, I see a good chance of Eliwood's appearance in exchange. Roy was a very popular character in smash, and he's also a familiar character among smash players. Eliwood would be a familiar appearance to smash players thanks to Roy, and he'd be familiar to US FE players thanks to being in the first internationaly released FE.
Wow, you could not have put it better. Well done.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

Actually, his FE fanbase is not THAT pathetic, he, compared to Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Eirika, Ephraim is better, and more liked.

He along with the rest of the FE6 cast, are maybe the 4th or 3rd most liked FE characters. Being surpassed by the FE4, FE3 and maybe the FE9/10 cast.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
It would be so sad if he gets the boot. Ok we all know he is not relevant to smash bros, i mean, he was a clone and he was not as good and as important as marth. But we all know roy had some design flaws that prevented him to be good.

His fire sword could be used for a very different style from marth, and the single fact that the soword is burning, give him a HECK LOAD of possibilities for attack animations and fire moves.

How cool would be to have roy wieldin his sword in flames all the battle?. I would simply cry if i see that.

Sadly there are like 5 or 6 players who can easily go in before him... but since he was in melee.... we cannot count him out yet. Even when his chances are almost none.

I personally want to see him coming back. It all depends in Nintendo´s point of view toward fire emblem. If they are planning to make this franchise THE RPG for The company... it could be possible that they would not doubt in adding characters from that franchise.

courte

Smash Lord
Just look at Cless Alvein

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYS4mRA2gMs

Doesn't he look like Roy? I also found 5 different ideas for an FS by simply watching this video.
i know its unrelated but i think it'd be cool to consider cless for namco's rep in brawl

sure the sword thing gets tired when it the only weapon for all of those chars but he's got tons of other weapons he can wield

and the tekken series wouldn't make it becuase fighting game--fighting game is an awkward transition and the soul calibur crew?? ...good luck to namco in the sequel

courte

Smash Lord
It would be so sad if he gets the boot. Ok we all know he is not relevant to smash bros, i mean, he was a clone and he was not as good and as important as marth. But we all know roy had some design flaws that prevented him to be good.

His fire sword could be used for a very different style from marth, and the single fact that the soword is burning, give him a HECK LOAD of possibilities for attack animations and fire moves.

How cool would be to have roy wieldin his sword in flames all the battle?. I would simply cry if i see that.

Sadly there are like 5 or 6 players who can easily go in before him... but since he was in melee.... we cannot count him out yet. Even when his chances are almost none.

I personally want to see him coming back. It all depends in Nintendo´s point of view toward fire emblem. If they are planning to make this franchise THE RPG for The company... it could be possible that they would not doubt in adding characters from that franchise.

when he went in he was a clone --four months later his game had launched
most people say he had/has no chance because he was a clone when the simple fact was he was a clone because he had no resource material now that he has a whole game of animations to draw from, don't you think nintendo would feel "ok this is how we do a character when we make smash bros.!! sorry for that advertisement earlier."

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The next three weeks are going to be quite busy for me, since there are only three weeks left in my semester, and I have a lot of work to do, but I will try to maintain this thread to my best ability anyway. Well, at least I have one month break after this semester is over, so I would pretty much be focusing all of my energy into this thread and my ULTIMATE Analysis Topic.

To fellow Knights of Elibe, expect your first Private Message tomorrow. Each week I am going to have this topic have a certain topic about Roy (or Eliwood), and I want to hear the thoughts of other members on them.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Let's give him red hair, and now he looks a LOT like Roy.

And... what are your ideas?
I can only remember two now:

1) Roy jumps high in the air. He becomes surrounded in a ball of fire and crashes diagnolly to the ground, sword first. It makes a big explosion.

2)He makes a long dash and slashes the opponent. Screen freezes for a second and flames shoot out of the ground. The opponent is launched into the air, heavily damaged.

Top Bottom