• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Roy was my secondary main in Smash Bros. Melee (my first was Samus). Roy is also my favorite character to use in single-player mode (I love spamming my forward A and regular B moves against "advanced" opponents). Since Ike has been confirmed, and that everyone else who isn't a fanboy or an idiot (or both) knows that Marth will be returning (especially with him being the lord of FE11, and the most FE games), many people argue who the third representative will be. Some people say Sigurd, since he was the lord of the most popular (and arguably the best) Fire Emblem as well as rumored to be Sakurai's favorite lord. Others say Micaiah for being a mage, female, and a lord in the latest Fire Emblem. However, where does our boy Roy fit in all of this. Roy's game, Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals, was the third highest selling game in the series, and sold over 500,000 copies in Japan, and helped bring Fire Emblem to the West.

Many people say he was just an advertisement (which he was), however, he has become an integral part of Smash Bros. in my opinion. He is a Nintendo character who made their first debut in a game ever, in Smash Bros. Many people are saying that he should/will be cut. I say "Hiiiiyaaaaaaaaaa" (Roy's Up B battlecry). The only characters that should be cut are Dr. Mario and Pichu (Young Link can be reborn as Wind Waker Link, but be called Young Link). With the new of Fox getting nerfed in Brawl, perhaps a similar fate will befall other high-tier Melee characters such as Marth and Sheik. I can see Marth being made faster, lighter, and weaker (among other things) to balance him out in Brawl. So now we have two Fire Emblem character. One is extremely fast, light, and weak (Marth), and the other is extremely strong, heavy, and slow (Ike). Shouldn't there be a nice well-rounded average Fire Emblem character? That is where Roy should come in. Roy can be in between both Marth and Ike when it comes to strength, speed, and weight.

However, you might be saying that Sakurai does not want to bring back clones. Sakurai never said anything about cutting clones, he just said that not every character will be returning for Brawl. Roy can be given the Luigi-treatment, meaning that he will have some different A-moves from his former clone and a different B-move (with his other B-moves that are similar to his "partner" operating differently). For those who played the Sword of Seals, you should know that Roy has the ability to shoot fireballs out of his sword. This casn be made into an original B-move for him, and I'm sure Sakurai's team can make his other moves operate in a way that he would no longer be called a clone.

Here is my analysis of Roy from my Ultimate Brawl analysis thread:

Roy was the lord and main protagonist of Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals. Roy was the second playable Fire Emblem character. Roy was used to help promote Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals, which was not released until four months after Melee’s Japanese release. Roy became an instant favorite among Smash fans and thought he was much cooler than “girly” Marth. However, with the rise of tiers and professional play, Roy has become unpopular with professional and elite Smash Bros. players. Roy is also disliked by hardcore Fire Emblem fans, and many fans felt his game went several steps back, especially compared to FE4 and FE5. However, Roy still remains a popular character among casual Smash Bros. players, and there are some hardcore Smash players that prefer his play style over Marth’s. However, Roy’s chances of returning are not high, especially considering that he is not that popular over in Japan. As a matter of fact, Roy is more likely to be axed than to return to Brawl as a playable character. However, there might be a small silver lining of hope for Roy fans. Sakurai could be under the impression that Roy is a popular character outside Japan. In his blog on the old Japanese Brawl site, Sakurai mentioned that a black man thanked him for putting Roy in the game, and then went on to say he cannot just place in characters that are only popular in Japan, especially considering that Smash Bros. is popular all over the world. If Sakurai thinks that cutting Roy would upset his non-Japanese fanbase, then Roy may go on to fight another day in Brawl. However, Roy is still more likely to be cut than return if he is not under this impression (of Roy being well-liked outside Japan) and he forgets about this personal experience with the black Roy fan while developing Brawl.

I admit that Marth is a far superior character to Roy in Melee, however, I myself (as well as many other people), prefer Roy's style and fighting over Marth's. I also admit that the chances of Roy returning are low (less than 50%), however, as fans we should support him. As Roy said in Melee:

"Mamoru-beki mono no tame ni makeranai" (For those who I protect, I musn't lose).

Our boy Roy needs us to protect him, and while we can have absolutely no effect on whether he makes the Brawl roster or not, we should still show out support for him, and remember our memories of him and the fun we fans had as playing with him.

Roy Moveset Ideas:

The Knights of Elibe, a group of Roy fans who wish for Roy's return in Brawl as a playable character have come up with countless ideas on how to declone Roy and make him a unique character worthy to return in Brawl.

Here are some of unique movesets that the Knights of Elibe have come up with:

SuchimoTheDragon's Roy Moveset:

Roy should definitely stay in. I see no reason to take him out and I can easily see Fire Emblem getting four representatives. I mean, hell, the series is 17 years old and has ten games out, technically more if you count the BS FE series. It created an entire genre of video game. Give it some love.

As for Roy staying you have to realize this. A character does not simply represent his, or her, self. A character also represents its game.

So with that I'll give you my reasons as to why Roy should stay.

1. Roy was the first portable Lord. This is a fairly well known fact. Hell, a similar reason was used for Ike.

2. Roy's game is the third highest selling FE game. Getting near 500K in sales puts it just behind Fire Emblem: Seisen no Kiefu and Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo, FE4 and 3 respectively. That is no small feat.

3. Tying in with reason number two. Roy revived the series after the marketing blunder that was Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, I'm not saying anything about the quality as from what I hear it is a very good game. FE5 was released at the very end of the SNES's life cycle, in fact it was the very last game to be made for the SNES, and even faced with that they decided to sell the game exclusively through Nintendo's online store.

4. Roy's game introduced a few things into the series as well. The major thing that happened was a revamp of the magic system changing it to the Anima/Dark/Light triangle that we have now. This is the most used magic system throughout the series, and considering its a giant chunk of the game it shouldn't be taken lightly. Another thing is the introduction of the Support system.

Now one reason I see people against Roy is that he was an "advertisement". While that technically may be true, he did appear in Melee before his game was actually released, what would you say if I were to tell you his game, known as Maiden of Darkness(Ankoku no Mizo) at the time, was originally for the Nintendo 64. It was then moved from there to the Gameboy Advance and underwent a name change shortly after.

Another that I see is that Roy is a clone, or at least accused of being one. Well, both Roy and Marth need changes to there move sets as some moves fit one of them while the others don't. I present to you my Roy moveset!

A - A straight horizontal slice starting from the right and going towards the left.

AA - A straight horizontal slice starting from the left going towards the right.

AAA - A vertical slice going from the top down with the sword on fire.

Over + A - A vertical slice starting from the top and going down. Roy also ends up one step forward after using this attack.

Smash Over + A - A vertical slice starting from the top and going down while ignited on flames. Roy also ends up one step forward after using this attack.

Up + A - Roy shoves the flatside of the Sword of Seals into the bottom of the chin of the person he is attacking. If timed correctly it could be used to block an attack.

Smash Up + A - Roy shoves the flatside of the Sword of Seals into the bottom of the chin of the person he is attacking, while the sword ignites into flames. If timed correctly it could be used to block an attack.

Down + A - A vertical slice starting from the bottom and going up. This attack will knock the enemy up into the air.

Smash Down + A - A vertical slice starting from the bottom and going up, while the sword ignites into flames. This attack will knock the enemy up into the air.

Crouch + A - Same as Melee.

Aerial A - A simple forward kick.

Aerial Forward + A - Same as Melee

Aerial Backward + A - Roy kicks behind himself.

Aerial Up + A - Same as Melee.

Aerial Down + A - Roy's swings his leg forcefully down hitting with the heel of his foot.

Grab attack - Roy knees the person he is holding in the gut.

Forward Throw - Roy rams into his opponent's chest with his shoulder.

Back Throw - Toss the person you're holding behind you and kick them in the chest.

Up Throw - Roy tosses the person he is holding into the air.

Down Throw - Roy puts his foot behinds his opponent's and shoves him to the ground.

B - Hono no Dansu/Dance of Flames: Roy goes into a three attack combo with the Sword of Seals on fire, each one slightly stronger than the last as the Sword of Seals reacts to Roy. Similar to Roy's Double Edge Dance from Melee.

B+Over - Blazing Slash: Roy will pull his sword back while it is igniting then swing it over his head sending a fiery orb forward that explodes after it goes a certain distance* if it doesn't hit anything. While Roy is in the air the orb goes down and forwards at a shallow 30 degree angle.

B+Up - Rising Phoenix: Roy jumps up into the air and comes back down at a 30 degree angle with the Sword of Seals, on fire, pointed forwards in front of his body.

B+Down - Reinvigorating Flame: Roy takes a defensive stance. When Roy gets hit with an attack while in the stance fire flares up around him for a second and he heals for 3/4ths of the attack power and knocks back the opponent while dealing 1% damage. Only works once per stance.

* - Slightly shorter than Samus's missile range.

As you can see it is lacking a Final Smash. However, I present to you that as well.

Final Smash: Hartmut's Legacy

Zephiel comes onto the field with his sword Exaacus and starts fighting alongside Roy. At the end of the duration of the Final Smash Zephiel leaves while performing either his ranged critical or his normal critical, depending on how close the nearest enemy is.

I think this Finals Smash works great. The name comes from the fact that Zephiel's Exaacus and Roy's Sword of Seals both belonged to Hartmut, founder of Bern. Also, despite what you might think of Roy working with his enemy, you have to remember that neither Roy nor Zephiel held any contempt towards the other. Roy saw Bern attacking neighboring nations and wanted to end it and Zephiel had a misguided goal thanks to his father's numerous assassination attempts on him.

One thing you'll notice about Roy's A move set is that his smashes are copies of his normal attacks just with fire added onto them. There is a reason for that. Those are his critical attacks. You could tell when Roy pulled off a critical with the Sword of Seals because his weapon would ignite.

Roy's neutral B is derived from his conversation with Jahn, one of the original dragons, near the end of the game. Jahn explains to Roy that when Hartmut went to slay Idoun the Sword of Seals reacted to his emotions, and instead of killing Idoun it simply sealed her away.

Roy's over B is derived from his ranged attack with the Sword of Seals. Hopefully that one was obvious.

Roy's up B isn't really derived from anything as the only thing Roy has similar to what a normal up B would be is his amazing jumping ability after he attacks with the Sword of Seals.

Roy's down B is derived from the Sword of Seal's ability to heal Roy.

NukeA6's Roy Moveset:

Now for some moves that Roy can use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei0V5QVuSfI

0:04
This should his forward smash. It is a bit like Marth's but with a slower startup (but it's quite damaging). He holds his sword in the air and brings it down to burn his opponents. When charging, he holds the sword in the air.

0:37
His new counter attack (the down B move). Roy still does the same stance he did in Melee but this time, he makes a weak horizontal slash which sends the opponent two feet away. All of sudden they are hit with an explosion (which has just as much knockback as Link's bombs).

1:08
This could be his tilt forward. Roy simply lunges his sword forward which pushes the opponent forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZRILUDgcHA

0:39

Roy's possible B move. Let's take Black Knight's projectile and make it fiery. It's pretty weak (like Falco's laser) but it is fast. Don't expect any KO power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RbyI...eature=related

Roy's dash attack. It's like his tilt forward but less friction.

TamJammerz's Roy Moveset:

Hopefully this was a good start.

What I have noticed:
Roy is quite agile in his games compared to Marth and Ike. He's almost like Prince Leaf of FE4 and FE5 but he is not in class of Navarre, Ayra, and the other swordmasters.

Movelist! (Special Moves and Final Smash, anyway :p)

B: Sealing Slash - This attack is chargeable. Roy raises his sword up, charging it up with flames. When unleashed, Roy will slash down at the ground, creating a terrain-hugging burst of fire forward. The speed, size, and power of the blast depends on how long you charged the sword. The chargeis saveable, and will be shown by The Sword of Seals covered in flames.

Smash B: Rabid Slash - Roy will perform three stationary slashes, stab forward while dashing through enemies, and finish with a wide, horizontal slice.

Down B: Counter - Same as in Melee.

Up B: Blazer - Roy performs two slashes upward, each one propelling him up. Roy will then perform a third and final slash, propelling him far up.

Final Smash: Scion - Roy's Sword of Seals goes on fire, and Roy throws his sword forward. The Sword of Seals will stay afloat, while spinning rapidly in place, creating a huge, fiery tornado. Ray will leap into the tornado, and grab his blade. Opponents who are sucked into the vortex will be damaged by the tornado itself while being repeatadly slashed by Roy, who is flying through the tornado, slashing madly at blinding speeds. Roy will then finish by leaping up out of the tornado, and throwing down his sword, creating a final explosion.

Doodx's Roy Moveset:

some moves for roy i made up
b Roy basicly throws a fireball off his sword causing about 7-10% damage, it can be charged to a huge fireball that can cause up to 25% dmg. you cannot keep the charge though

forward b roy can make a four slash that can be changed by the direction ur pointing (like the ded) but this time if he reaches the last hit of it he can continue doing that last hit over and over again but it is slow to hit with it again after the first time and it can be used to edgeguard

down b a ball of flame apears around roy and can be used as a counter. if it is hit, it explodes causing 1.5 dmg back like he did in melee. also the harder the hit, the bigger the explosion so roy can hit many oponements if he is hit hard it also has very little lag

up b roy makes a vertical slash under him and a small explosion happens under him causing roy to rise up, it also can spike the oponement under

A Roy makes a kick going up and if pressed again roy will make a kick going down it has very litle knockback

forward smash same as in melee cant think of something else

down smash roy hits sword of seals on the ground once making a small earthquake (like dk does) but harder and faster which sends oponements up

up smash roy makes 2 slashes over him over him and finishes with the move he did in melee

fair same as in melee

bair roy makes a horisontal slash behind him

dair roy makes a stab under him which can spike

uair same as in melee

Roy-Kun's Roy Final Smash Idea:

Well, I think something like this too:

1) Roy destroys the Smash Ball, gains Smash power.

2) *pushes Special Attack* OMG, Activated.

3) Roy raises his sword, and it starts to unleash flames.

4) Slashes down, and charges toward the enemy.

5) If he is in reach, press the Special Attack again and unleash the attack. Very strong, maybe capable of KO-ing?

6) Aditional effect: Roy can jump after his enemy and change direction.

Doodx's Roy Final Smash Idea:

a good final smash could be:
Roy jumps in the air,then he throws sword of seals on the ground, stage is filled with fire damaging all oponements and making them flinch alot roy is immune to fire and gets sword of seals and his sword becomes full of fire and he hits dmg x1.5 so he can hit oponements easily because they are flinching and stronger since his sword is filled with fire like he did in fe6

ZMan's Roy Final Smash Ideas:

2 FS ideas:

1. Not sure how many of you have played the Marvel vs. Capcom games, but if you did, there was a character named Cyclops who had a super move that could be angled. I think Roy's could be like Cyke's from MvC. What Roy would do is when he got the smash ball, he would hold his sword in front of him and shoot out a beam of fire about 1/3 the size of the Zero lazer. Yet Roy can move it around by rotating the controll stick.

2. This idea is like a scaled-down Giga Bowser. When roy gets the smash ball, a red aurora glows around him, and he gains super armor, and gets to have the ability of the Curry. But the fireballs got a bit farther, do more damage, and can be used for wobbling. He also gains a strenght and spped boost as well. It last's a little longer than Giga Bowser.

Also, contrary to popular belief, Roy has quite a few fans in Japan. Heck, in the the official poll to Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals, Roy was ranked as the most popular characters from that game. Courtesy goes to Zoo-bellocks for translating and finding this.

Zoo-bellocks's Roy Discovery:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/afej/k_tohyo/index.html

It's a popularity poll for characters in Fuuin no Tsurugi. Looks like Roy takes the number 1 spot.

For each character, there's a list of randomly compiled reasons people gave for liking the character. Here's what people have to say about Roy (I'll only translate a select few).

He's cool and stuff. I came to like him ever since Smash Melee
It's really cool when he gets a critical hit!!!
I want to make my hair like Roy.
His character is good! It would be nice to see a familiar person like Roy every day!
His hair colour (passionate red) is cool!
I like his kindness and pureness. He's a kid who thinks of his friends. I love him!
His calmness, because it allows him to find the right way at any time. It's cool.

Who/What Are the Knights of Elibe?

In thinking of ways to help boost participation in the Roy For Brawl Thread and to boost confidence in Roy's (and Eliwood's) prospects for Brawl, I have figured a way to increase the bond between Roy fans and to increase traffic to the Roy for Brawl thread. We shall call our group the Knights of Elibe.

As a member of this group we work to help think of ways to make a de-cloned Roy, as well as reflect upon our experiences we had with Roy. Also, we try to think of ways to increase interest in Roy (or possibly Eliwood since he is a likely replacement), and think of ways to make the Roy for Brawl Topic better.

The Oath:

Here is the oath Knights of Elibe must take:
1. I am a player of Roy, and I very much enjoyed using him in Melee.
2. I support Roy's inclusion in Brawl as a playable character.
3. I also support Eliwood in Brawl, in the event, that he replaces Roy.
4. I promise to be partake in intelligent Roy For Brawl discussion.
5. I will not lash out in anger if Roy is deconfirmed.
6. I will not go into other threads to troll other Fire Emblem characters.
7. I will defend both Roy (and Eliwood) if there is unjustified flaming of him.
8. I will not engage in spamming (must I remind you what happened to the Ridley For Brawl Thread).
9. I will try to make the Roy for Brawl thread a better place.
10. I will respect and honor fellow Knights of Elibe.

Current Members of the Knights of Elibe:

Here is a list of all of the Knights of Elibe as of January 22, 2008(order of names is the order by which they joined):

ChonoBound
Roy-Kun
Doodx
zero suit falcon
Tails for brawl
Bassoonist
ThoraxeRMG
Devotion
Johnknight1
NukeA6
Lord_Deathborne
LemonManX
InvincibleAgent
courte
mattiator
tirkaro
Marthgreil
UtopiaXD
Hippochinfat
bluffmaster
True Fool
roy_owns
hemightbegiant
Ginger9001
RastaImposta
ZMan
wiimaster17
SuchimoTheDragon
Zoo-bellocks
hugglebunny
shinnok-fan64
TamJammerz
SSBBRAWLIN
IkexMarth
Linkplayer5678
moj4991

I would like to say thank you to all of the Knights of Elibe for the ongoing contributions and sarcrifices for making this thread the way it is, and for showing their Roy fandom. Through our patience, hope, and perserverance, hopefully our dream of a playable Elibe lord returning to Brawl as a playable character will become a reality.

Roy's Our Boy!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think Roy did enough for the Fire Emblem series to deserve a spot in Brawl...His game wasn't even that good...

Anyway Ike is the strong Fire Emblem character (And with Fire attacks) in Brawl now so Rpy's not really needed

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't think Roy did enough for the Fire Emblem series to deserve a spot in Brawl...His game wasn't even that good...

Roy was the first portable Lord. He also helped make the Fire Emblem series get attention outside Japan. That's hardly unimportant. He defininately more important than Micaiah, the Black Knight, or Hector. Also, I was aiming this thread more toward Roy fans and users.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Roy was the first portable Lord. He also helped make the Fire Emblem series get attention outside Japan. That's hardly unimportant. He defininately more important than Micaiah, the Black Knight, or Hector. Also, I was aiming this thread more toward Roy fans and users.
I thought Marth was enough to get attention out for Fire Emblem in other countries, and Marth is my favorite of them anyway because he's the first Fire Emblem Hero I played as....Being the first portable lord doesn't mean much because the portable games haven't been as good as the one's with...say, Ike and such

Razed

Smash Ace
You want Roy back for his play style? Everyones play style will be changed in brawl...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
thought Marth was enough to get attention out for Fire Emblem in other countries, and Marth is my favorite of them anyway because he's the first Fire Emblem Hero I played as....Being the first portable lord doesn't mean much because the portable games haven't been as good as the one's with...say, Ike and such

Who do you think should be the third Fire Emblem character then. Akaneia and Tellius already have playable representatives. I think the third character should be from another continent that had two games (Jugdral or Elibe).

Kirby knight

Smash Lord

How is Roy more important than Micaiah or Hector? I can see how he's more important than the Black Knight but I'd like to hear you stance on why Roy's more important than Micaiah and Hector.

-Knight

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
ROY WAS JUST AN ADVERTISEMENT FOR FE6, like how Ike is just an advertisement for FE10 and Marth is GOING to be an advertisement for FE11 which HAD BETTER show up in America.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How is Roy more important than Micaiah or Hector? I can see how he's more important than the Black Knight but I'd like to hear you stance on why Roy's more important than Micaiah and Hector.

-Knight
Being a Lord doesn't make him more important than Black Knight.

Zevox

Smash Lord

-Knight
I can see how hes more important than Hector myself, since the big lug was rather second banana to Eliwood in Blazing Sword, while Roy was the main star of his. But yeah, Micaiah is pretty well the focus of Radiant Dawn - even Ike is secondary to her ultimately in that one - and Roy just wasn't as well received as her, in spite of the high sales that his advertising campaign got him (honestly, he has more fans from his Melee appearance than his Fire Emblem one).

Zevox

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Being a Lord doesn't make him more important than Black Knight.
Are you really saying that a villain; who isn't even a central one in both PoR and RD is more important than a character who was the center of attention thoughout his entire game?

The Black Knight is not that important.

-Knight

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are you really saying that a villain; who isn't even a central one in both PoR and RD is more important than a character who was the center of attention thoughout his entire game?

The Black Knight is not that important.

-Knight
His entire one game, and yes, I am

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
<i>How is Roy more important than Micaiah or Hector? I can see how he's more important than the Black Knight but I'd like to hear you stance on why Roy's more important than Micaiah and Hector.</i>

Micaiah: Not the first female lord (that would be Celica from FE2). She is also not the sole main character of her game (she shares it with Ike, who had a whole game to himself previously).

Hector: Had to share his game with two other lords, and his part of the game was an unlockable.

Black Knight: Simply an important villain during the Tellius arc (a pawn under Ashnard and the villain of Goddess of Dawn). Alvis would be a better villain to place in (very interesting individual, basically he's more of a tragic hero than a villain once you know motives and past). Black Knight was not even the most evil Fire Emblem villain. Manfloy has got him beat there.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
His entire one game, and yes, I am
Sounds like a fanboy to me. I don't know how you can ignore the facts presented against the Black Knight ( I guess your just ignoring the obvious or haven't played PoR or read anything or played RD.

Regardless I really don't want to get off topic with this Black Knight argument. If you want to discuss that futher do it in the Black Knight thread.

As for Roy; I really don't see anything that he can bring to the table. Marth the very first Lord of the Fire Emblem series. Ike the most popular world-wide lord to date? What does Roy bring? He has brought his advertisment for FE6. He has served his role and needs to step aside.

-Knight

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
<i>How is Roy more important than Micaiah or Hector? I can see how he's more important than the Black Knight but I'd like to hear you stance on why Roy's more important than Micaiah and Hector.</i>

Micaiah: Not the first female lord (that would be Celica from FE2). She is also not the sole main character of her game (she shares it with Ike, who had a whole game to himself previously).

Hector: Had to share his game with two other lords, and his part of the game was an unlockable.

Black Knight: Simply an important villain during the Tellius arc (a pawn under Ashnard and the villain of Goddess of Dawn). Alvis would be a better villain to place in (very interesting individual, basically he's more of a tragic hero than a villain once you know motives and past). Black Knight was not even the most evil Fire Emblem villain. Manfloy has got him beat there.
I don't see how you pointed out how he's more important than Micaiah. Micaiah is the central focus of her game I don't see how that should deminish her status just because other lords also appear in the game. Unless of course your going to tell me that Micaiah is not important to Radiant Dawn.

I can see how Roy could be considered more important than Hector, but honestly your saying that Eliwood is not important to FE7 because two other lords also join him on his quest. Which is bs.

-Knight

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I pretty much think Ike, Micaiah and Black Knight will rep the Fire Emblem series.

That would be terrible. There is much more to Fire Emblem than Tellius (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn). Nine other installments of the series would be ignored. The most ideal Fire Emblem representation would be a character from Akaneia (Marth), a character from Tellius (Ike), and character from Jugdral (Sigurd, Celice, or Leaf) or Elibe (Roy, Eliwood, or Hector).

vesperview

Smash Hero
Yeah... there are also other Mother installments that are probably gonna get the boot, you don't see most people complaining, I don't think Ness will return because of Lucas and I don't think Marth and Roy will return because of Ike, only time will tell though.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't see how you pointed out how he's more important than Micaiah. Micaiah is the central focus of her game I don't see how that should deminish her status just because other lords also appear in the game. Unless of course your going to tell me that Micaiah is not important to Radiant Dawn.

Micaiah shares the spotlight with Ike. She is definately not more important than Ike. Saying Micaiah is more important than Ike for being the first lord you play with is akin to saying Sigurd or Lyn are the most important Lords in their games because you played with them first.

raul

Smash Lord
That would be terrible. There is much more to Fire Emblem than Tellius (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn). Nine other installments of the series would be ignored. The most ideal Fire Emblem representation would be a character from Akaneia (Marth), a character from Tellius (Ike), and character from Jugdral (Sigurd, Celice, or Leaf) or Elibe (Roy, Eliwood, or Hector).
I don't know all the facts about Fire Emblem, but If I understood your post then I agree. Youre basically saying that Marth, Ike, and then one of the other characters you listed in () would be the most appropriate way to represent the Fire Emblem series, right? For these characters represent the main installments of the series?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Micaiah shares the spotlight with Ike. She is definately not more important than Ike. Saying Micaiah is more important than Ike for being the first lord you play with is akin to saying Sigurd or Lyn are the most important Lords in their games because you played with them first.
You still aren't answering my question. I'm not debating Ike vs Micaiah; I am asking how does that prove that Roy is more important than Micaiah. The information you have provided hasn't shown me that.

-Knight

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't know all the facts about Fire Emblem, but If I understood your post then I agree. Youre basically saying that Marth, Ike, and then one of the other characters you listed in () would be the most appropriate way to represent the Fire Emblem series, right? For these characters represent the main installments of the series?
Yes.

Here are all the continents in Fire Emblem and the games that take place in them:

Akaneia (Fire Emblem: The Sword of Light and The Dragon of Darkness, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, Fire Emblem DS)

Valencia (Fire Emblem Gaiden)

Jugdral (Fire Emblem: Geneology of the Holy War, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776)

Elibe (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)

Magvel (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

Tellius (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Fire Emblem needs a villain so Ike is actually involved in the story mode of Brawl

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You still aren't answering my question. I'm not debating Ike vs Micaiah; I am asking how does that prove that Roy is more important than Micaiah. The information you have provided hasn't shown me that.

-Knight
Micaiah added less to the series than Roy.

Marth = First lord and first lord to star in two games

Celica = First female lord and lord that was a mage

Ike = First 3-D lord

Roy = First portable lord

Lyn, Eliwood, Hector = First international lords

The burden of proof for you is what Micaiah has that stands out.

raul

Smash Lord
I think Fire Emblem needs a villain so Ike is actually involved in the story mode of Brawl
I agree for I am pro-villans and antagonists/rivals in Brawl. But based on what ChronoBound said, It would have to be a villan to represents the series properly that a majority of FE fans could recognize. Is that the Black Knight? I don't think so from what others have posted. But the Black Knight would get no complaints from me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I agree for I am pro-villans and antagonists/rivals in Brawl. But based on what ChronoBound said, It would have to be a villan to represents the series properly that a majority of FE fans could recognize. Is that the Black Knight? I don't think so from what others have posted. But the Black Knight would get no complaints from me.
Black Knight was in 2 fire Emblems and recognized world wide...Being one of the only villains, and I think the only villain worthy because of that

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Micaiah added less to the series than Roy.

Marth = First lord and first lord to star in two games

Celica = First female lord and lord that was a mage

Ike = First 3-D lord

Roy = First portable lord

Lyn, Eliwood, Hector = First international lords

The burden of proof for you is what Micaiah has that stands out.
Micaiah = First female light mage lord on the Wii console.

What you provided isn't it not convincing poof proving why Micaiah does not stand out.

-Knight

Zevox

Smash Lord
And why would that villain need to be playable to be a boss in Subspace Emissary? The Black Knight could realistically be the latter (though I'd prefer Medeus - a Dragon would make a better Subspace boss than the Knight IMO). The former, not so much. While he certainly enhances the games he is in, hes ultimately a secondary villain without much real importance to them. His popularity is a cult one compared to most of the Lords of the games (and to some others even just within his games too, such as Soren), and is worsened by the fact that many see him as too clichè of a villain. Besides, with Fire Emblem having so many largely-equally-important heroes to choose from, the villains of the series really have no chance at being playable, since none stand out in popularity or importance enough to rival the heroes in that area.

I honestly can't see how the Black Knight can be taken seriously as a potential Fire Emblem playable character for Brawl.

Zevox

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Roy was my secondary main in Smash Bros. Melee (my first was Samus). Roy is also my favorite character to use in single-player mode (I love spamming my forward A and regular B moves against "advanced" opponents). Since Ike has been confirmed, and that everyone else who isn't a fanboy or an idiot (or both) knows that Marth will be returning (especially with him being the lord of FE11, and the most FE games), many people argue who the third representative will be. Some people say Sigurd, since he was the lord of the most popular (and arguably the best) Fire Emblem as well as rumored to be Sakurai's favorite lord. Others say Micaiah for being a mage, female, and a lord in the latest Fire Emblem. However, where does our boy Roy fit in all of this. Roy's game, Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals, was the third highest selling game in the series, and sold over 500,000 copies in Japan, and helped bring Fire Emblem to the West.

Many people say he was just an advertisement (which he was), however, he has become an integral part of Smash Bros. in my opinion. He is a Nintendo character who made their first debut in a game ever, in Smash Bros. Many people are saying that he should/will be cut. I say "Hiiiiyaaaaaaaaaa" (Roy's Up B battlecry). The only characters that should be cut are Dr. Mario and Pichu (Young Link can be reborn as Wind Waker Link, but be called Young Link). With the new of Fox getting nerfed in Brawl, perhaps a similar fate will befall other high-tier Melee characters such as Marth and Sheik. I can see Marth being made faster, lighter, and weaker (among other things) to balance him out in Brawl. So now we have two Fire Emblem character. One is extremely fast, light, and weak (Marth), and the other is extremely strong, heavy, and slow (Ike). Shouldn't there be a nice well-rounded average Fire Emblem character? That is where Roy should come in. Roy can be in between both Marth and Ike when it comes to strength, speed, and weight.

However, you might be saying that Sakurai does not want to bring back clones. Sakurai never said anything about cutting clones, he just said that not every character will be returning for Brawl. Roy can be given the Luigi-treatment, meaning that he will have some different A-moves from his former clone and a different B-move (with his other B-moves that are similar to his "partner" operating differently). For those who played the Sword of Seals, you should know that Roy has the ability to shoot fireballs out of his sword. This casn be made into an original B-move for him, and I'm sure Sakurai's team can make his other moves operate in a way that he would no longer be called a clone.

I admit that Marth is a far superior character to Roy in Melee, however, I myself (as well as many other people), prefer Roy's style and fighting over Marth's. I also admit that the chances of Roy returning are low (less than 50%), however, as fans we should support him. As Roy said in Melee:

Mamoru dekimono-no tame-ni, makerarenai! (For those who I protect, I musn't lose).

Our boy Roy needs us to protect him, and while we can have adsolutely no effect on whether he makes the Brawl roster or not, we should still show out support for him, and remember our memories of him and the fun we fans had as playing with him.

Roy's Our Boy!!!!

I'd love to see ROy back, but not as a clone. That is the only way he could return.

raul

Smash Lord
Black Knight was in 2 fire Emblems and recognized world wide...Being one of the only villains, and I think the only villain worthy because of that
For give my ignorance of Fire Emblem, but what do you mean the only villian? What the hell do you do in the games if you don't take on villians? (not to be answered literally)

Who were the villians in the other FE games?

Or was the Black Knight the only consistent villian?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If there's any Fire Emblem that should get in Brawl, it should be Medeus, the Dark Dragon. He has starred in the most games of any Fire Emblem villain (FE1, FE3, and FE11) and was also the original Fire Emblem villain. Though Medeus would come in the form of a boss, I can only see the Black Knight working as a boss or an Assist Trophy. Ike is already ridiculously slow and powerful in Brawl, that if the Black Knight was any stronger or slower, he would make Giga Bowser look like a newborn-kitten and be slower than a snail that is tired.

I would prefer Alvis (powerful fire mage and swordsman ftw) as a playable character, however, his chances are very low.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And why would that villain need to be playable to be a boss in Subspace Emissary? The Black Knight could realistically be the latter (though I'd prefer Medeus - a Dragon would make a better Subspace boss than the Knight IMO). The former, not so much. While he certainly enhances the games he is in, hes ultimately a secondary villain without much real importance to them. His popularity is a cult one compared to most of the Lords of the games (and to some others even just within his games too, such as Soren), and is worsened by the fact that many see him as too clichè of a villain. Besides, with Fire Emblem having so many largely-equally-important heroes to choose from, the villains of the series really have no chance at being playable, since none stand out in popularity or importance enough to rival the heroes in that area.

I honestly can't see how the Black Knight can be taken seriously as a potential Fire Emblem playable character for Brawl.

Zevox
Because playing as a villain is fun and playing as a hero is boring

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If there's any Fire Emblem that should get in Brawl, it should be Medeus, the Dark Dragon. He has starred in the most games of any Fire Emblem villain (FE1, FE3, and FE11) and was also the original Fire Emblem villain. Though Medeus would come in the form of a boss, I can only see the Black Knight working as a boss or an Assist Trophy. Ike is already ridiculously slow and powerful in Brawl, that if the Black Knight was any stronger or slower, he would make Giga Bowser look like a newborn-kitten and be slower than a snail that is tired.

I would prefer Alvis (powerful fire mage and swordsman ftw) as a playable character, however, his chances are very low.
Ike never fights Medeus so that wouldn't make sense

Top Bottom