• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
i just kant agree to 1. i dont play roy. :/
I might make an exception to you if you agree with all the other points.

Also, I am going to take Roy-Kun's suggestion changing the name of the group to the Knights of Elibe, since our main goal is getting an Elibe lord into Brawl.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I might make an exception to you if you agree with all the other points.

Also, I am going to take Roy-Kun's suggestion changing the name of the group to the Knights of Elibe, since our main goal is getting an Elibe lord into Brawl.
Ah, nevermind what I said about Hector in my message then.

He's from Ostia, not from Elibe xD.

Anyways, Roy or Eliwood for Brawl! 8D *vanishes*

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ah, nevermind what I said about Hector in my message then.

He's from Ostia, not from Elibe xD.

Anyways, Roy or Eliwood for Brawl! 8D *vanishes*
Yeah, I plan on eventally trying to recruit Hector fans to the cause of the Knights of Elibe, however, I am not sure whether they would accept that Eliwood and even Roy have higher chances of being playable than him. Well, I am going to hope that more people join, and maybe even send a PM to some people.

Here is the current list of the Knigts of Elibe:
ChronoBound
Roy-Kun
Doodx
zero suit falcon
Tails for brawl

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Once I get a satisfactory number of Knights, we will begin our first task as Knights of Elibe. Current Knights and future Knights, expect me to send PMs as to when we meet in this thread to discuss our goals and ambitions for this thread.

I will update the opening post, once I have response sent back to me by all the people I am sending invitations to, and expect a massive overhaul of it. I will also then list the Knights of Elibe in the opening post as well. However, for now I will keep updating this post whenever a Knight of Elibe joins.

Current list of Knights of Elibe:
ChronoBound
Roy-Kun
Doodx
zero suit falcon
Tails for brawl
Bassoonist
ThoraxeRMG
Devotion
Johnknight1
NukeA6
Lord_Deathborne
LemonManX
InvincibleAgent
courte
mattiator
Marthgreil
tirkaro
UtopiaXD
Hippochinfat
bluffmaster
True Fool
roy_owns
hemightbegiant
Ginger9001

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace

we need something like this for the club i would make one by my computer isn't as updated as it once was so any you guys think you can make one

courte

Smash Lord
only had to read page one for all the hate

people i think we can all agree on one thing... we want more and we want as much of more
we want alternate costume and colors for them but we really want those alternate costumes to carry different properties

we want roy And marth and ike and we want hector and sigurd and we would like to see some lowly classes but theyd get owned so never mind them

we want variety and diversity we want roy to play like he is his own man and i think we can all agree that comeone's past is hardly the point but it is his present i think in the begining we all loved roy when we first unlocked him so its still there somewhere

so what if he returns without a moveset different than marth?? thats a good thing. what do you mean you think one character deserves one spot over another?? its ok to want people want as much as you possibly can and let your anticipation and anxiety build up so when the moment comes and you think youre let down, you can look forward to the fact that you've had such a tremendous impact you're voices were heard and that you've found something new and exciting you didnt think you'd like

post who you want but please dont tread on others while you do it

and why?? the sequel is always better

Zorya

Smash Ace
What's so special about Roy? There is NOTHING special about him since he takes ALL of his attacks from Marth. Everyone of you might as well go to the Marth thread right now.

courte

Smash Lord
s t f u noob

i think we can all agree on one thing tho pichu MUST NOT return

NukeA6

Smash Master
I think it's safe to say that Roy is the most popular out of all those who have been called to being axed.

I was once one of those who said, "Roy must be gone!" but after a dream I had and reading about some guy thanking Sakurai for Roy, things seem different now.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think it's safe to say that Roy is the most popular out of all those who have been called to being axed.

I was once one of those who said, "Roy must be gone!" but after a dream I had and reading about some guy thanking Sakurai for Roy, things seem different now.
Yes, Roy is definitely the most popular of the characters that are likely to-be-cut. I still think his best chances of returning would be his father getting in, because Roy would be a very easy to make alternate costume of Eliwood (just give him spikier hair, a much shorter coat, and some extra armor).

NukeA6

Smash Master
Now for some moves that Roy can use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei0V5QVuSfI

0:04
This should his forward smash. It is a bit like Marth's but with a slower startup (but it's quite damaging). He holds his sword in the air and brings it down to burn his opponents. When charging, he holds the sword in the air.

0:37
His new counter attack (the down B move). Roy still does the same stance he did in Melee but this time, he makes a weak horizontal slash which sends the opponent two feet away. All of sudden they are hit with an explosion (which has just as much knockback as Link's bombs).

1:08
This could be his tilt forward. Roy simply lunges his sword forward which pushes the opponent forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZRILUDgcHA

0:39

Roy's possible B move. Let's take Black Knight's projectile and make it fiery. It's pretty weak (like Falco's laser) but it is fast. Don't expect any KO power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RbyIpX30ps&feature=related

Roy's dash attack. It's like his tilt forward but less friction.

Hopefully this was a good start.

What I have noticed:
Roy is quite agile in his games compared to Marth and Ike. He's almost like Prince Leaf of FE4 and FE5 but he is not in class of Navarre, Ayra, and the other swordmasters.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

This should his forward smash. It is a bit like Marth's but with a slower startup (but it's quite damaging). He holds his sword in the air and brings it down to burn his opponents. When charging, he holds the sword in the air.

His new counter attack (the down B move). Roy still does the same stance he did in Melee but this time, he makes a weak horizontal slash which sends the opponent two feet away. All of sudden they are hit with an explosion (which has just as much knockback as Link's bombs).

This could be his tilt forward. Roy simply lunges his sword forward which pushes the opponent forward.

Roy's possible B move. Let's take Black Knight's projectile and make it fiery. It's pretty weak (like Falco's laser) but it is fast. Don't expect any KO power.

What I have noticed:
Roy is quite agile in his games compared to Marth and Ike. He's almost like Prince Leaf of FE4 and FE5 but he is not in class of Navarre, Ayra, and the other swordmasters.

Wow. Great job. I've got to update the opening post soon. :)

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Roy really needs some fixing. Not only does he need to be decloned but with his current moveset and attack properties he is nothing. A decloned and fixed Roy would be awesome and no doubt put Ike to shame.

Anyway, Roy for Brawl.

Smash Ace
I think if they fixed his aeriels a bit, then he'd likely be played a lot more IMO.
Still, you can't beat Forwards smash and a well-timed counter against a Marht tipper.
=2007=

LemonManX

Smash Lord
The knockback of his moves should be adjusted as well... his moves may do damage but its very difficult to combo a lot of them. Definitely something that Sakurai should look into.

You raise a good point 2007, sadly most Marth players won't give a Roy player that sort of opening.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Roy really needs some fixing. Not only does he need to be decloned but with his current moveset and attack properties he is nothing. A decloned and fixed Roy would be awesome and no doubt put Ike to shame.

Anyway, Roy for Brawl.
Actually, I agree with this.

Roy needs some kind of work on his jumping skills, I mean, he is quite a jumper, eh? Heh, I mean, Look at his attack with the Sword of Seals.

Ike has already been put to shame, slowing him A LOT. I don't like that kind of logic in the SSB games.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Roy needs some kind of work on his jumping skills, I mean, he is quite a jumper, eh? Heh, I mean, Look at his attack with the Sword of Seals.

Ike has already been put to shame, slowing him A LOT. I don't like that kind of logic in the SSB games.
I am extremely disappointed with how Ike turned out. He does not play at all how I imagined him. Its looking like he is going to be in the bottom-tier.

Also, I am happy with how many people there are in the Knights of Elibe so far, already 13 members, and a lot of the people I mailed an invitation to have not even responded yet.

Edit: Heh, another person joined just as I was typing this message. Now it is fourteen.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
Roy has to keep his b from brawl and marth take all the rest there is no better move to give as roy's b and he has to get better aerials than before like chrono said he can shoot fireballs

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

QFT

He needs a spike....A REAL SPIKE. The third hit of one of his forward B combos in some situations is NOT enough. And I love how he uses his sword strongly and gracefully in that video. (posted below) He should be about the same running speed in Brawl, and attack a little slower then average with loads of power, and have a few super speed attacks. Also thosse quick moves he does...he needs those as a taunts. His Melee taunt+two of thoses=WIN! :)

QFT again. Nuke is on a Roy winning spree! :grin:

He's been played more then Marth, indefinitely, and is one of the most popular characters in casual play. Casual play might actually save him, since they generally think that he is stronger then Marth. No offense to casual play, of course. :laugh:

What I have noticed:
He should probably have a diffrent means of a uB recovery, but keep some of the basics of his uB (like the damage). :lick: Also, he needs more knockback, stun, more KO moves, and a real spike! XD

Roy for Brawl's top tier! :chuckle:

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer him as an AT, what I think puts him back is his filler spot in Melee. His game did do a lot for that series after melee, but he wasn't necessary in Melee and his spot was placed even though he didn't exist. Other games/lords that contributed a lot to the series did too get ignored and instead the spot was used on Roy for merely advertisement, back then he didn't exist and a lot of choices were ailable, his mere purpose was advertisement.

Now what? what will he serve as? He can't advertise anymore, and there is other and more options of characters who are ten times more unique than another swordsman. His game did contribute to the Fire Emblem series, but just like in Melee other Fire Emblem games contributed a lot they were ignored.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There are now 18 Knights of Eilbe. There are still a lot of people I have not got a response back from yet, and I am hoping that they answer back soon. Well, there are less than two months until the Brawl's Japanese release, so we are basically looking at less than two months at maximum to learn Roy or Eliwood's place in Brawl.

courte

Smash Lord

What I have noticed:
actually i agree with your last comment he isnt like a swordmaster but who says he can't be
i mean look at ike i mean he plays like a hero lol

as for his fsmash wouldnt that make a sweeter counter?? imagine if roy became a multi hit beast?! he sucks you in with the first swipe and beats you until stunned -- An auto stun Attack!! with about 7-15 if countered late [[only option left is to combo, like link's fsmash]] and prime [[last minute, like effective captian knee vs. n00bs knee]] counter is that good old x1.5 kill

than again as a f-smash i suppose his charging animation would be him bringing the sword from front enflaming over head to back to finally turning with attack for
quick fsmashes he'll instantly turn around and swipe as soon as you let go of a

2 options 1) counter late for shield stun and combo 2) counter early for that awesome ko
yes this would mean lengthening his counter time

how about his new side b?? does more damage when far, and sparks a diagonal eruption
chargeable?? direct contact with sword is a slow juggle launch sets opponent ablaze?

i could see that with or without the twirling?? with or without the step in and back?? it's like the range of his melee f-tilt, with the speed and lag of his d-tilt

awesome 1 handed no overslice holds straight up as charging and sends a wave 1.5 chars height--explosion if overcharged but invisible wave and low horizontal knockback

perhaps a multihit?? first a short feint first, unsheath sword back then plunge forward

and perhaps for a upsmash another vacuum type attack an a slow upward wide arc swipe then followup with the melee upsmash stab

then again im just ranting:chuckle: your thoughts and opinions

courte

Smash Lord
just asking a question for the knights and other wanderers;
If Roy were to return, how would you like to see him wielding his sword??
Out at all times, Sheathed on his waist, sheathed on a chain, sheathed on 2 chains?

im just going by what i think i saw??

a sheath as a part of his moves set would make a huge change

but the sheath should definetly be on his back horizontally... another potential attack
quickdraw: in air or on ground roy unsheathes his sword and quickly spins around with a small generated radial wave emanated from both sides

your thoughts and opinions??

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Are you serious? Roy??

How many of you knew who he was before Melee? Better yet, how many FE fans even knew who he was before Melee?

Just...no.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Holla. I'm a knight person....

Anyway, what would be a good revamp moveset for Roy?
Well, the Sword of Seals did have a projectile attack so that would definitely be a part of his new moveset. Also, he would probably take some moves from his father such as that quick thrust move (it would probably work like Fox's Phantasm, only it would also set the opponent on fire), the ability to throw a javelin, and summoning a war horse. I also thought of a unique recovery move for him called "Wheel of Fire" in which the Sword of Seals goes on fire and he spins in a circle (much like Samus's Screw Attack).

Also, we now have 19 Knights of Elibe. It certainly is growing. :)

Top Bottom