• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
vgtfhbt

Hell yeah roy for brawl. His game was the first portable FE game and him and marth are the most popular FE characters by ALOT.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well.

The only notable different is Roy is younger (thus smaller) and replaces the coat for a tunic. Oh, the hair style exposes Roy's headgear a bit more, I guess. Roy doesn't have a brighter shade of red, that's just the image quality. Eliwood is more or less always wearing a Roy costume. :p
Eliwood also can use a lance and his war horse in a possible moveset. Not to mention he fights with a rapier (which they should give him instead of Durandal if they wanted to make Eliwood as unique as possible). Also, if they wanted Roy to be decloned they would have to borrow Eliwood's lance and war horse and use them both in his moveset (sort of how Ness and Lucas take their moves from Paula and Kumatora).

Hong

The Strongest
Haha. Might want to edit that quote. The site I took that Eliwood picture from hates hotlinking. :p

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am not so sure about this but would you agree that Eliwood would be Roy's best chance of returning?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I am not so sure about this but would you agree that Eliwood would be Roy's best chance of returning?
I think both of them are extremely low but Eliwood probably prioritizes Roy. If implemented properly, Roy fans wouldn't know the difference (since Roy has practically no fans from his FE game, only Melee). It's still questionable whether Fire Emblem would get 3 reps, the franchise might only get two, and everyone knows the second is Marth.

I think with Lyn getting AT, it hurts a lot of characters since Lyn's chances were higher than any of the lords in the GBA games.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think both of them are extremely low but Eliwood probably prioritizes Roy. If implemented properly, Roy fans wouldn't know the difference (since Roy has practically no fans from his FE game, only Melee). It's still questionable whether Fire Emblem would get 3 reps, the franchise might only get two, and everyone knows the second is Marth.

I think with Lyn getting AT, it hurts a lot of characters since Lyn's chances were higher than any of the lords in the GBA games.
Ah, but Lyn's popularity comes from the West. In Japan she is very much disliked because everyone who played her story basically was forced to relearn Fire Emblem.

I also think that if Micaiah fails to get into Brawl as a playable character, her fanbase will split up by the Lyn fans (which a lot of thew Micaiah fans were) and the Sheeda fans (due to her appearance in FE11 and some "enhancements") by the time SSB4 is announced. Japan thinks that the third representative will either be Eliwood or Micaiah. However, I much rather have Leaf has he has a lot of moveset potential since he is of the Master Knight class. He was also in both FE4 and FE5. However, I just hope that if there is a third Fire Emblem character that he will play like Roy did (or should of).

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
The voice actor could also do the voice to Eliwood, as well as a Roy Assist Trophy. Well either way, the Japanese think that if there is a third Fire Emblem character it will be either Eliwood or Micaiah.
Jun Fukuyama... I think he makes an excellent work voicing Roy, if he voices Eliwood... I think it wouldn't work, since Eliwood's personality is actually softer than his own son's.

Japanese version, Eliwood is actually more emo than he is in the American version *bricked*.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Jun Fukuyama... I think he makes an excellent work voicing Roy, if he voices Eliwood... I think it wouldn't work, since Eliwood's personality is actually softer than his own son's.

Japanese version, Eliwood is actually more emo than he is in the American version *bricked*.
Roy-Kun, if there is a third Fire Emblem character, who do you suppose he/she will be, and why?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Roy-Kun, if there is a third Fire Emblem character, who do you suppose he/she will be, and why?
I have a tie between Roy and Sigurd actually. My reasons? I'll explain ya:

Sigurd is, without a doubt, the most popular FE Lord, starred the Best Game of the series, and is also one of the most powerful Lords of Fire Emblem, he is in 3rd Place of my top FE characters of all too (not very important but it actually affects my liking).

Roy, on the other hand, started something I quite enjoyed: The Portable FE games (quite useful, since now I can play my fav. game anywhere). And besides, his game, i'm sure that real FE veterans liked it, returning to the good ol' Original Gameplay. Also is the 3rd Best-Selling, and Roy's fanbase world-widely is not bad. He is in 1st Place in my top FE Characters list.

Before you think that I knew about FE before Smash, nope, I didn't. I just started with FE6, then FE4 and FE3. With my GBA, I got FE7, but I never bothered getting FE8, I heard it wasn't that good. I'm expecting to get FE9.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have a tie between Roy and Sigurd actually. My reasons? I'll explain ya:

Sigurd is, without a doubt, the most popular FE Lord, starred the Best Game of the series, and is also one of the most powerful Lords of Fire Emblem, he is in 3rd Place of my top FE characters of all too (not very important but it actually affects my liking).

Roy, on the other hand, started something I quite enjoyed: The Portable FE games (quite useful, since now I can play my fav. game anywhere). And besides, his game, i'm sure that real FE veterans liked it, returning to the good ol' Original Gameplay. Also is the 3rd Best-Selling, and Roy's fanbase world-widely is not bad. He is in 1st Place in my top FE Characters list.

Before you think that I knew about FE before Smash, nope, I didn't. I just started with FE6, then FE4 and FE3. With my GBA, I got FE7, but I never bothered getting FE8, I heard it wasn't that good. I'm expecting to get FE9.
Yeah, I would be happy with Sigurd as well. I would hope he would take the spot as the well-rounded lord though.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Yeah, I would be happy with Sigurd as well. I would hope he would take the spot as the well-rounded lord though.
Both Sigurd and Roy can do that. If both of them appears, maybe one of them will make an excellent ground fighter, while the other one a great aerial fighter.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, I just finished surfing the forum to one of the biggest Japanese Fire Emblem fansites around, and I found some very interesting observations. One is that Sothe is much more requested than Micaiah, as a matter of fact, he is probably the most requested Fire Emblem newcomer. Another is that although many Japanese Fire Emblem fans expect Roy to be cut, many of them don't want him to be cut, and some were even giving detailed explanations on how Roy would be different from Marth or Ike. Also, also the scepticism about Marth's return vanished as soon as FE11 was unveiled. I was very surprised by their Roy enthusiasm.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Well, I just finished surfing the forum to one of the biggest Japanese Fire Emblem fansites around, and I found some very interesting observations. One is that Sothe is much more requested than Micaiah, as a matter of fact, he is probably the most requested Fire Emblem newcomer. Another is that although many Japanese Fire Emblem fans expect Roy to be cut, many of them don't want him to be cut, and some were even giving detailed explanations on how Roy would be different from Marth or Ike. Also, also the scepticism about Marth's return vanished as soon as FE11 was unveiled. I was very surprised by their Roy enthusiasm.
Sothe? Wouldn't mind him. He'd be like a ninja Ayra.

As for Roy having a different move set? He would have to use lots of flames and have a projectile to be different.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
That's interesting, could you tell us what Japanese forum your visiting again? I think I know why many fans would like Sothe, but I forget the word they would call Sothe in Japanese.

-Knight

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sothe? Wouldn't mind him. He'd be like a ninja Ayra.

As for Roy having a different move set? He would have to use lots of flames and have a projectile to be different.
The best way for Roy to be de-cloned would be for him to take some abilities from his father (such as a javelin-throw and the summoning of a war horse). Roy also has the ability to shoot fireballs out of his sword. Also, don't say Sakurai won't take another character's moves, he has already done it with Lucas (all of his special moves and Final Smash come from Kumatora).

NukeA6

Smash Master
The best way for Roy to be de-cloned would be for him to take some abilities from his father (such as a javelin-throw and the summoning of a war horse). Roy also has the ability to shoot fireballs out of his sword. Also, don't say Sakurai won't take another character's moves, he has already done it with Lucas (all of his special moves and Final Smash come from Kumatora).
I'm aware of that. Marth might even borrow some swordplay from Nabarl/Navarre.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Sothe is named Saza in Japanese.
That's not what I meant, it has to do with that word...umm bis....something it's a common archetype for males in RPG's and anime.

Also could you answer my previous question?

Sothe actually is one of my favorite characters in Radiant Dawn.

-Knight

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That's not what I meant, it has to do with that word...umm bis....something it's a common archetype for males in RPG's and anime.

-Knight
Pegasus Knight is the name of the site. It is the biggest Japanese Fire Emblem fansite.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
No i dont think sak has to give marth nabar moves since his moveset in melee was his and roy was the clone if sigurd comes dont u think that the same hair is a bit...Sigurd Marth Ike that gives a bit of an advantage to other chars well thats my opinion and roy is good char whos hair is not down and is wild so america will like him more because they dont realy like emo i know it sounds strange but on another site they were talking about shadow that it was better without him because of his emo look just becus hes black

NukeA6

Smash Master
No i dont think sak has to give marth nabar moves since his moveset in melee was his and roy was the clone if sigurd comes dont u think that the same hair is a bit...Sigurd Marth Ike that gives a bit of an advantage to other chars well thats my opinion and roy is good char whos hair is not down and is wild so america will like him more because they dont realy like emo i know it sounds strange but on another site they were talking about shadow that it was better without him because of his emo look just becus hes black
I really don't understand your post after you mentioned Sigurd. And of course Marth is gonna use most of his old moveset. But, like all characters, he is mostly gonna have some new moves but it might just stay the same. I don't expect Marth to borrow moves from Navarre (who might end up as a character seeing that he's Sakurai's fave although I doubt it).

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice

-Knight

Uhh... Bishonen? It means "pretty boy" in Japanese, I think.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Heh, I found another interesting Japanese Radiant Dawn poll. However, I won't post the results from it in this topic since this topic is about Roy....

Well, anyway, I still did not get a response back from Samurai Panda about the Roy rumor.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Do you mind if I have a look at this rumour? I may be able to translate it if SP is too busy.

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I found another interesting Japanese Radiant Dawn poll. However, I won't post the results from it in this topic since this topic is about Roy....

Well, anyway, I still did not get a response back from Samurai Panda about the Roy rumor.
Maybe because he's busy with SMYN?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Let me put it this way: I'm xubelox
Awesome. Here is the rumor:

以前、ウィキペディアで「マルス」役の緑川光さん、「 ロイ」役の福山潤さん「ガノンドロフ」役の長嶝高士さ んの項目の出演作品に大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズXが あったのを覚えています。今では除去されています。非 常に参戦予想が困難なので参考程度で見おいてください 。
あとネット上で発見した情報で「デデデ大王」の声優が 山寺宏一さん、らしいというのもあります。

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
"In the past, it was remembered that the performance work [in other words, voice actors] listed on Wikipedia for Super Smash Bros. Brawl were Hikari Midorikawa as the role of Marth, the role of Roy was Jun Fukuyama, and the role of Ganondorf was Takashi Nagasako. Now it has been removed. Since the expectations of their participation is very much a predicament, please try to give a reference."

The rest is about King Dedede's voice actor possibly being discovered so it's not really relevent.

I hate to say it, but it doesn't sound like this means much, seeing as how it's dealing with Wikipedia.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
"In the past, it was remembered that the performance work [in other words, voice actors] listed on Wikipedia for Super Smash Bros. Brawl were Hikari Midorikawa as the role of Marth, the role of Roy was Jun Fukuyama, and the role of Ganondorf was Takashi Nagasako. Now it has been removed. Since the expectations of their participation is very much a predicament, please try to give a reference."

The rest is about King Dedede's voice actor possibly being discovered so it's not really relevent.
So what does this mean in your opinion?

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
From the sounds of it, someone remembered that those voice actors were listed on Wikipedia and has since been removed. Sounds like he wanted to know if there were better sources for the information. Given the nature of Wikipedia, I can't say this is a particularly meaningful discovery...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
From the sounds of it, someone remembered that those voice actors were listed on Wikipedia and has since been removed. Sounds like he wanted to know if there were better sources for the information. Given the nature of Wikipedia, I can't say this is a particularly meaningful discovery...
Oh I guess this was a false alarm all along then. Thanks for your help and your translation. If I ever need help translating something I will come to you first. :)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I need to come up with a new focus of this thread. I have several ideas.

1. We can start up a group (sort of like R.I.D.L.E.Y. or A.S.H.L.E.Y.), and call outselves R.O.Y. (Roy Otaku Youth)
2. We can come up with a unique moveset for Roy (it would definitely increase traffic to this thread).
3. Make this also the Eliwood Support Thread (as there is a good chance that Roy may be "reborn" as him, especially considering what happened to Ness).
4. Try to think of new ways to get more people to this thread (perhaps sending PMs to regulars at the Roy Melee board).
5. Think of ways to make the opening post to this topic better.

That is all I can think of for now. Hopefully, we Roy users and fans can come together to make this thread really shine.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
oh no false alarm :( but it still could mean something good so if their voices are being changed that means that they might make a new game or be in brawl right? nice ideas chronobound! so how do we start? but if we do this lts not end up like R.I.D.L.E.Y that they got banned because of extreme spam and stupidity!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but I am going to be leaving for college in about 20 minutes, and I will be gone for at least nine hours, so I won't be able to discuss our plans to make the Roy For Brawl thread better until I get home.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Alright, I am ready for some Roy Topic overhaul. I have already drawn up a list of possible people who would be a member of the Knights of Elibe (the name of the Elibe lord support alliance) I have also thought of another idea in which we share our personal experiences with Roy (and our reaction when we first saw or heard about him, and how we ended up using him) into the first post of this topic. If any of you have anything you think will make this topic better, feel free to speak your mind. I will probably today begin sending PMs to people who might be promising members of Knights of Elibe as well as might be able to craft a unique moveset for him.

Here is the oath Knights of Elibe must take:
1. I am a player of Roy, and I very much enjoyed using him in Melee.
2. I support Roy's inclusion in Brawl as a playable character.
3. I also support Eliwood in Brawl, in the event, that he replaces Roy.
4. I promise to be partake in intelligent Roy For Brawl discussion.
5. I will not lash out in anger if Roy is deconfirmed.
6. I will not go into other threads to troll other Fire Emblem characters.
7. I will defend both Roy (and Eliwood) if there is unjustified flaming of him.
8. I will not engage in spamming (must I remind you what happened to the Ridley For Brawl Thread).
9. I will try to make the Roy for Brawl thread a better place.
10. I will respect and honor fellow Knights of Elibe.

That is the code of honor of the Knights of Elibe. If you wish to become a member, you must agree to all ten points, you can post in this topic proclaiming yor status as a Knight if you want to (however, I might also approach you to ask is you want to be member). Knights of Elibe who prove tjhemselves to be a great asset to Roy's cause and this topic will be promoted to Lord status by me.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I join the Knights of Lycia.

"Knights of Elibe" sounds cooler though =/ since we are focusing on Roy and Eliwood.

Top Bottom