• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Since I'm a Knight of Elibe now, I thought I'd throw in my two cents about Roy's chances, and how they ARE existant.

Now, we all know that Roy's FE popularity is pathetic to many of the other FE lords, that's a given. But his smash popularity is another story. He's become a pretty freaking popular character in smash (sword characters tend to do that) so he may simply return just for that. He's quite popular to competitive players, and incredibly popular to the casual players. I think he may have had the third (IIRC) strongest fanbase behind Marth and Link. Being the first GBA lord doesn't hurt his chances either.

Even if he is over-looked, I see a good chance of Eliwood's appearance in exchange. Roy was a very popular character in smash, and he's also a familiar character among smash players. Eliwood would be a familiar appearance to smash players thanks to Roy, and he'd be familiar to US FE players thanks to being in the first internationaly released FE.
Amen, brotha. :chuckle:

I mean, where else are you gonna find a guy that can make a gigantic explosion with the swing of his sword. That's total BA right there, son!

And yes, I know Ikes charged B move is similar but its a little bit different right?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This topic is basically spam if marth get confirmed.
Why? Every Fire Emblem fan with a brain knows Marth is returning, also we are talking about how Roy would be different if/when he returns. Elibe (and Jugdral) both need representatives in Brawl, and Roy is one of the likely Elibe representatives.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Roy is not the only lord to promote too **** late. Michaiah without Paragon phails.

Also, Roy's chances are low, but if Sakurai wants to satisfy the non-fanatics who don't use the tier I think Roy should just barely survive.

courte

Smash Lord
how to turn a phrase
lesson one:

Also, Roy's chances are low, but if Sakurai wants to satisfy the non-fanatics who don't use the tier I think Roy should just barely survive.
to

Also, Pichu's chances are low, but if Sakurai wants to satisfy the non-fanatics who don't use the tier I think pichu should just barely survive--on a pike

because god knows that nintendo's current target demographic are the hardcore smash players and not... everyone

class over people:chuckle:

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
a good final smash could be:
Roy jumps in the air,then he throws sword of seals on the ground, stage is filled with fire damaging all oponements and making them flinch alot roy is immune to fire and gets sword of seals and his sword becomes full of fire and he hits dmg x1.5 so he can hit oponements easily because they are flinching and stronger since his sword is filled with fire like he did in fe6

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I can only remember two now:

1) Roy jumps high in the air. He becomes surrounded in a ball of fire and crashes diagnolly to the ground, sword first. It makes a big explosion.

2)He makes a long dash and slashes the opponent. Screen freezes for a second and flames shoot out of the ground. The opponent is launched into the air, heavily damaged.
The 2nd one kind of reminds my suggestion for a Final Smash.

The first one reminds me of Meggido(?), I say that one should be for Felix from Golden Sun.

The only logic one could be the 2nd one IMO.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
All right, it is time to pool together to think of ideas to make this thread better. I am going to mail the first PM to the Knights of Elibe soon.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
2 FS ideas:

1. Not sure how many of you have played the Marvel vs. Capcom games, but if you did, there was a character named Cyclops who had a super move that could be angled. I think Roy's could be like Cyke's from MvC. What Roy would do is when he got the smash ball, he would hold his sword in front of him and shoot out a beam of fire about 1/3 the size of the Zero lazer. Yet Roy can move it around by rotating the controll stick.

2. This idea is like a scaled-down Giga Bowser. When roy gets the smash ball, a red aurora glows around him, and he gains super armor, and gets to have the ability of the Curry. But the fireballs got a bit farther, do more damage, and can be used for wobbling. He also gains a strenght and spped boost as well. It last's a little longer than Giga Bowser.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
2 FS ideas:

1. Not sure how many of you have played the Marvel vs. Capcom games, but if you did, there was a character named Cyclops who had a super move that could be angled. I think Roy's could be like Cyke's from MvC. What Roy would do is when he got the smash ball, he would hold his sword in front of him and shoot out a beam of fire about 1/3 the size of the Zero lazer. Yet Roy can move it around by rotating the controll stick.

2. This idea is like a scaled-down Giga Bowser. When roy gets the smash ball, a red aurora glows around him, and he gains super armor, and gets to have the ability of the Curry. But the fireballs got a bit farther, do more damage, and can be used for wobbling. He also gains a strenght and spped boost as well. It last's a little longer than Giga Bowser.
Actully #1 would be a watered down Zero Laser because you can control Zero Laser. 2 is better.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Keep up the good work. When I have time, I am going to update the opening post with a list of the current Knights of Elibe, as well as all the suggestions you all have been making regarding Roy's new moveset or Final Smash (I will also give credit to each person that suggested that idea).

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
I vote projectile neutral B because Ike's blade doesn't have it in his moveset. His orginal B was annoying anyway.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
actually his original b was what made many people like roy just because it charged for long and was awesome at edgeguarding also when u fully charged it it looked really cool
im also thinking that it would be good if wenever he hit someone they would be in flames just like the counter he had in melee

courte

Smash Lord
actually his original b was what made many people like roy just because it charged for long and was awesome at edgeguarding also when u fully charged it it looked really cool
im also thinking that it would be good if wenever he hit someone they would be in flames just like the counter he had in melee
that be nice but it should be in moderation sometimes theyd just have a little steam come off of them and others theyd just be set ablaze about as often as ganondorf can light that as s up

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
if Roy could have a FS that looked some what like his critical in Fuuin No Tsurugi that would be bad *** ^^
and a question to some one who has played FE6, could the sword of seals attack from a block away? (like Ragnell)

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
that be nice but it should be in moderation sometimes theyd just have a little steam come off of them and others theyd just be set ablaze about as often as ganondorf can light that as s up
the closer u hit to the sweetspot the more flamed or steamed they guy gets! it also depends on what u say so like a char with alot of clothes like ike will be set on fire much more than Kirby BUT if u hit Kirby with sweetspot he will have more flames than ike
if sak is reading this PLS DO IT!!!
btw psiguy i dont know i realy cant remember

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
the closer u hit to the sweetspot the more flamed or steamed they guy gets! it also depends on what u say so like a char with alot of clothes like ike will be set on fire much more than Kirby BUT if u hit Kirby with sweetspot he will have more flames than ike
if sak is reading this PLS DO IT!!!
btw psiguy i dont know i realy cant remember

You kinda gave me a good idea on what they should do for characters. (Althrough this is kinda off topic) I was thinking like the more your damage percentage is, the more scarred and bruised you look. Although that would look kinda weird, but would still be kinda cool. :chuckle:

courte

Smash Lord
lances=ephraims territory lol

anyways we need a topic for discussion this week right well im just gonna throw this out there

remember how ness and lucas have this problem using their own "moves" ((borrowing moves from other party members)) who'd to say roy can't borrow just a few a moves??

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I like Roy better then Marth... Axe Marth and give his spot to Roy. lol
You, sir, are an idiot.
Roy should be replaced by Macaiah as she's not a sword weilder(we doen't need a ****load of them), she's a girl(we need more females), and she uses magic(which makes her not be able to be a clone of any sword weilders in Brawl.

Smash Ace
since Sakurai seems totally to cater to the n00bs, (come on, the Spectator/handicap wek proved it.) that'd be the reason Sakuraiwould remove Marth
"beginners do better with Roy because Roy's more powerful, so we're scrapping Marth."
granted, I'd much rather have Roy without Marth than the other way around. Roy's just much more manly...
"Real Men use fire"

But actaully, I for one would not be surprised to see both Marth and Roy get the axe (Hector maybe lol). think Ness: Lucas was the first MOTHER character to be revelaed, and virtually doomed Ness. Ike is the first FE character to appear, (and his moveset is a lot like Marth and Roy's from what I've heard (GF's impressions) and I believe that that dooms Marth and/or Roy. personally, if I had to choose, I'd say axe the former.

it is 3:07 PM, December 3rd, 2007.
if smash had come out today, I would have already found out if Marth is a goner.

as for Michiah, I was thinking Mia would be better, despite being a sword weilder. she's K-R-A-Z-Y!!!! Micaiah just seems to Mewtwo-esque to me, and I personally don'yt want that.

Summed up:
Roy>Marth>PS3
=2007=

Arashi

Smash Cadet
I used to main with Roy. Now he's about my third along with Jiggly. I usually main either with Marth or Zelda, but I've found Roy to be one of the most fun characters to play with. I doubt that he'll be in Brawl, unfortunately, but if he is in Brawl, I will be very happy. Same with Marth. Their movesets were nearly identical, heding to the possible combos using b attacks, but their mechanics were pretty different. Marth being much quicker and Roy being much stronger, but my strategies varied with each character.

I hope they bring back Roy, but I don't think they will... :urg:

courte

Smash Lord
NO. ONE. SHOULD. BE. REPLACED. EXCEPT. PICHU.
I SUCK T3H P3N!$!!
Yes, I agree with you!! although thats kinda... unrelated... SO BACK ONTO TOPIC!!

2007: secret characters from past installments will not be announced and thanks to the latest famitsu article which quote sakurai saying "more characters then you can even imagine" JOY

courte

Smash Lord
you're looking for the marth board -- Epic Win so back to our pro fire emblem in general discussion

could anyone see the possibilty of a roy character infused with some of eliwoods flavor??

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
actualy it is an interview of famitsu and they say alot of things
courte that would be cool cuz people will also think roy as eliwood but if it happens i bet that eli can easily become an alt costume of roy
i personaly realy want that to happen

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Eliwood should use Lances. It would set him apart from ROy and he would have a unique weapon.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Eliwood should use Lances. It would set him apart from ROy and he would have a unique weapon.
Yeah, I think that a lance-throw would be one of Eliwood's special moves.

Anyway, keep up the good work. When I have some more free time I am going to post all our ideas into the opening post, as well place in a list of the Knights of Elibe.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Hey maybe roy's final smash could be like when you get a critical in his game. Although now that I think about it ike's final smash is alot like that.

Top Bottom