• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Does anyone else think that the first internationally released FE game should have been The Sword of Seals? cause that makes waaaay more sense, seeing as it came out a while after melee, and it stared Roy who was gaining fame (along with FE in general) I think it would have sold a lot more copies than blazing swords
Not unless they severely toned down the difficulty of FE6. I don't think it would of been a wise decision to release such a hard game as an introduction into a new series outside of Japan.

I don't know if it would of made "waaaay more sense" because there are alot of other things to take into account, not just a character who got popular who starred in SSBM.

-Knight

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i havn't played it yet....so i didn't know about the difficulty, but Nintendo could have done what they did to FE7, they changed it enough to make it easier to get into the series

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Not unless they severely toned down the difficulty of FE6. I don't think it would of been a wise decision to release such a hard game as an introduction into a new series outside of Japan.

I don't know if it would of made "waaaay more sense" because there are alot of other things to take into account, not just a character who got popular who starred in SSBM.

-Knight
I do expect that if FE6 is remade, it will be either as hard as it is currently or even harder. Cause for that moment, the World-wide FE gamers will have enough experience.

I actually started to like Roy when I played FE6... I just found out him very useful for KO's in SSBM, but how he acts in FE6, I liked his personality.

Eliwood is also one of my favs, but he is a little too emo for my liking.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
I do expect that if FE6 is remade, it will be either as hard as it is currently or even harder. Cause for that moment, the World-wide FE gamers will have enough experience.

I actually started to like Roy when I played FE6... I just found out him very useful for KO's in SSBM, but how he acts in FE6, I liked his personality.

Eliwood is also one of my favs, but he is a little too emo for my liking.
Emo? How is he emo? I'd imagine he would be a wee bit depressed knowing his dad dissapeered.

AAlso, would Eliwood be floaty?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Emo? How is he emo? I'd imagine he would be a wee bit depressed knowing his dad dissapeered.

AAlso, would Eliwood be floaty?
Compared to other FE characters's reactions, Eliwood has a lot of emotion.

D:

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Compared to other FE characters's reactions, Eliwood has a lot of emotion.

D:
That's a bad thing? Eliwood's emotional state was perfectly reasonable giving the current circumstances he was in. ( I'm sure no one would be upset if their father or someone they were very close with died).

I'm not pointing a finger at you in particular but it seems unless a video game character (male) is a mindless macho meathead who shows no emotion, those who show emotion are regarded as "sissy" or a "baby" insert any other similar word.

I am a tad sick of the use of the word emo which people correspond with the word emotional used as a derogatory term. What is wrong with showing emotion? Everyone single person in the world shows some type of emotion so what's wrong with male character showing it in video games?

Oh well, that was almost a borderline rant, but I felt I had to say something :/

-Knight

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am still very busy with college work. I only have two more weeks to go, however, this week especially the next three days are going to extremely busy for me. Once these two weeks are up I am going to give this topic the massive overhaul it deserves.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
sorry but i HATE roy!
Can you try to give me valid reasons why he should be in while he was a clone ssbm and is outpriorised by other characters!!!

No offense and prepared to be flamed

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
sorry but i HATE roy!
Can you try to give me valid reasons why he should be in while he was a clone ssbm and is outpriorised by other characters!!!

No offense and prepared to be flamed
If you hate Roy, then why did you enter this thread to begin with. If you came here to troll, you have no business here, and should leave. Anyway, Roy's importance is that he is one of the two lords that made the rest of world aware of Fire Emblem. He was also the first portable lord, and Fire Emblem needs an Elibe representative (as well as a Jugdral representative), so why not Roy. He can be decloned by giving him the Sword of Seals ranged attack as well as some his father's skills and abilities. Also, Ike looks to be a tank and Marth will probably be made lighter and weaker (in the PAL version of Melee Marth was already made to be lighter than he was in the other versions). I think a lot of Fire Emblem fans would want a nice and well-balanced lord between these two extremes, and Roy could fit the bill quite nicely. Also, Roy is very popular among casual Smash Bros. players and has quite a few fans among competitive players as well. His chances of returning are looking grim, however, that does not mean that we cannot hope for his return and ponder what he would be like if he did return.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
If you hate Roy, then why did you enter this thread to begin with. If you came here to troll, you have no business here, and should leave. Anyway, Roy's importance is that he is one of the two lords that made the rest of world aware of Fire Emblem. He was also the first portable lord, and Fire Emblem needs an Elibe representative (as well as a Jugdral representative), so why not Roy. He can be decloned by giving him the Sword of Seals ranged attack as well as some his father's skills and abilities. Also, Ike looks to be a tank and Marth will probably be made lighter and weaker (in the PAL version of Melee Marth was already made to be lighter than he was in the other versions). I think a lot of Fire Emblem fans would want a nice and well-balanced lord between these two extremes, and Roy could fit the bill quite nicely. Also, Roy is very popular among casual Smash Bros. players and has quite a few fans among competitive players as well. His chances of returning are looking grim, however, that does not mean that we cannot hope for his return and ponder what he would be like if he did return.
(bald text)that's not a valid argument, its like saying that pokeman needs a Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh representative(wich they will not have).
+ If they give him his father's attacks woudl'nt it be like what they did to Ness (give him Paula's moves)
+ Miciah also seems to be a best balanced, ranged-based character
And more then 3 FE characters would be WAY too much
And the fact that Roy is popular could be argumented since it could be applied to every single character

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
(bald text)that's not a valid argument, its like saying that pokeman needs a Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh representative(wich they will not have).
+ If they give him his father's attacks woudl'nt it be like what they did to Ness (give him Paula's moves)
+ Miciah also seems to be a best balanced, ranged-based character
And more then 3 FE characters would be WAY too much
And the fact that Roy is popular could be argumented since it could be applied to every single character
Micaiah would be over-representing the Tellius arc, and she is not that popular among Fire Emblem fans. In her own game, she is far from balanced as well.

Three Fire Emblem character would definitely not be over-representing the series. If people say that Star Fox is deserving of three characters despite there only being five games in the series, and the series itself declining in quality, then Fire Emblem is more than deserving of a third rperesentative. Kirby already has three starting characters.

Also, it would be important to know that Lucas takes all of his special moves and Final Smash from Kumatora. It would not be odd for Roy to borrow some stuff from Eliwood, especially considering that he is his son.

Leave my thread if you are just here for sake of trolling. Nobody is forcing you to click on it and listen to our pro-Roy conversations.

courte

Smash Lord
is there a flame topic around?? or a thread with the sole purpose being venting your frustrations and letting your dislikes be known, without penalty and punishment actually going to someone who stands do defend a character?? that way any neighsayers can let their feelings be known and fans/supporters wouldn't be interrupted

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
I don't really feel like going through the whole thread, but has anyone posted this?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/afej/k_tohyo/index.html

It's a popularity poll for characters in Fuuin no Tsurugi. Looks like Roy takes the number 1 spot.

For each character, there's a list of randomly compiled reasons people gave for liking the character. Here's what people have to say about Roy (I'll only translate a select few).

He's cool and stuff. I came to like him ever since Smash Melee
It's really cool when he gets a critical hit!!!
I want to make my hair like Roy.
His character is good! It would be nice to see a familiar person like Roy every day!
His hair colour (passionate red) is cool!
I like his kindness and pureness. He's a kid who thinks of his friends. I love him!
His calmness, because it allows him to find the right way at any time. It's cool.

I guess some people in Japan do like Roy.

I guess since this has sort of become the Eliwood thread too, I'll post his results as well. Here's the character poll from Rekka no Ken:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/ae7j/k_tohyo/index.html

Eliwood gets second place to Nino. Take that Hector and Lyn!
Here's a few reasons why people like him:

Because the way he holds his sword looks good!
The most important things is he's manly so....
He's a tragic protagonist in many ways.
His strong sense of justice is awesome.
Since I like Roy, I like his father too!
He's cool, after all. I...have a fetish for red hair and stuff.
Because he posseses kindness and strength.

Oh, and by the way, a correction regarding Roy's victory quote in the first post...

"Mamoru dekimono-no tame-ni" literally means "For the sake of protecting the boils". It should be "Mamoru-beki mono no tame ni" ("For the people I must protect"). Just thought I'd point that out.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't really feel like going through the whole thread, but has anyone posted this?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/afej/k_tohyo/index.html

It's a popularity poll for characters in Fuuin no Tsurugi. Looks like Roy takes the number 1 spot.

For each character, there's a list of randomly compiled reasons people gave for liking the character. Here's what people have to say about Roy (I'll only translate a select few).

He's cool and stuff. I came to like him ever since Smash Melee
It's really cool when he gets a critical hit!!!
I want to make my hair like Roy.
His character is good! It would be nice to see a familiar person like Roy every day!
His hair colour (passionate red) is cool!
I like his kindness and pureness. He's a kid who thinks of his friends. I love him!
His calmness, because it allows him to find the right way at any time. It's cool.

I guess some people in Japan do like Roy.

I guess since this has sort of become the Eliwood thread too, I'll post his results as well. Here's the character poll from Rekka no Ken:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/ae7j/k_tohyo/index.html

Eliwood gets second place to Nino. Take that Hector and Lyn!
Here's a few reasons why people like him:

Because the way he holds his sword looks good!
The most important things is he's manly so....
He's a tragic protagonist in many ways.
His strong sense of justice is awesome.
Since I like Roy, I like his father too!
He's cool, after all. I...have a fetish for red hair and stuff.
Because he posseses kindness and strength.

Oh, and by the way, a correction regarding Roy's victory quote in the first post...

"Mamoru dekimono-no tame-ni" literally means "For the sake of protecting the boils". It should be "Mamoru-beki mono no tame ni" ("For the people I must protect"). Just thought I'd point that out.
Wow. That is incredibly awesome. Thanks for sharing that. Would you like to join the Knights of Elibe? You have been a real asset to this thread, so it would be a honor for you to join our organization.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i thought roy wasnt liked in japan as much but after seeing zoo bellocks post and the one that has link 1st marth second and roy 3rd is just a total reverse in my mind he actualy has a grater chance.
Also i think that in melee he did have his own moveset but they didnt add it to him because it was rushed. Same applies to all the other chars because why would they add a char without thinking of a moveset for him??We can even see that wenever a newcomer comes eg dede the next day they update his moveset right?thats because they thought of it before he was confirmed!So Roy has no problems in getting a new moveset and if it was halfway done in melee then its a piece of cake for brawl and it can be changed if they want so roy does have chances!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm sorry I did not give out this week's e-mail notification, its just that I have been very, very busy this weekend with college work, and that is likely to continue this week and the next one (after that I have nearly a month long break). Well, if CoroCoro really does end up showing the full roster, then we should know Roy's fate by the end of this week, however, I think we will probably end up just getting a lot of details about the characters already on the Dojo and Sheik and maybe Captain Falcon.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry I did not give out this week's e-mail notification, its just that I have been very, very busy this weekend with college work, and that is likely to continue this week and the next one (after that I have nearly a month long break). Well, if CoroCoro really does end up showing the full roster, then we should know Roy's fate by the end of this week, however, I think we will probably end up just getting a lot of details about the characters already on the Dojo and Sheik and maybe Captain Falcon.
I think it's starters only. Why blow the entire roster in our face?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
After going through the whole thread, I feel like Roy has a good chance of returning.

Let's be real. Why would Sakurai axe a unique character? Sure he was a clone.. but just because he was a promotional rush in Melee doesn't mean he'll face the same fate this time...

Roy wields a double edged sword, unlike Marth's rapier, Roy's sword is used in a completely different style. I'm sure Sakurai will give him different animation movements this time, and replace some of his B moves for moves true to his game.

His Final Smash could be some sort of long-lasting curry state. Or... an ultimate-like technique from his game (sorry, haven't played Sword of Seals).

I agree that Fire Emblem is more deserving than Star Fox. But I also hope they don't get more than three characters. Let them be Ike, Marth and of course Roy. (I'm dying to see Marth and Roy go against Ike for some reason. :p)

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
yeh i feel the same, i want revenge on ike for trying to replace roy and marth.lol when i gt brawl i will set an ike and kill him everyday!! lol
btw ike does have a counter so it can mean 2 things,
Ike replaced someone
all fe chars will have a counter

courte

Smash Lord
the counters could work differently and personally i want 3 chars from the games w/ a less than expansive cast and 4-5 from really old series with large cast of characters

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
After going through the whole thread, I feel like Roy has a good chance of returning.

Let's be real. Why would Sakurai axe a unique character? Sure he was a clone.. but just because he was a promotional rush in Melee doesn't mean he'll face the same fate this time...

Roy wields a double edged sword, unlike Marth's rapier, Roy's sword is used in a completely different style. I'm sure Sakurai will give him different animation movements this time, and replace some of his B moves for moves true to his game.

His Final Smash could be some sort of long-lasting curry state. Or... an ultimate-like technique from his game (sorry, haven't played Sword of Seals).

I agree that Fire Emblem is more deserving than Star Fox. But I also hope they don't get more than three characters. Let them be Ike, Marth and of course Roy. (I'm dying to see Marth and Roy go against Ike for some reason. :p)
Heh, nice hopes, keep em' up ^_^

I actually want to see personally Roy vs. Ike, dunno why, Ike is very based on Roy if you ask me.

My prediction of the cast of FE should be between 3 (minimum) to 4 (maximum). My choice being: Marth, Sigurd, Roy or Eliwood and Ike.

Smash Ace
I personally hope Ike replaced Marth as opposed to Roy. That would be more win than the other way around. one blue-haired swrodsman is enough...
BTW, they should bring in someone from FE10 besides Micaiah. Something tells me right now if she's in she'll have a defense rating so low it would put Edward to shame...
=2007=

courte

Smash Lord
i hope no one gets replaced or has to fight for a spot... that said i hope no one goes over... 5-6 six (im looking at you zelda. Link. Ganondorf. Shiek. Little Link. Vaati.) but say there were only 4-5 fe chars allowed what would your pics be

Roy/Eliwood
Marth
Ike
Sigurd
Ephraim(if one gets in then the other as an AT or a FSMASH HELPER) or eirika as ephraim [we need more girls]

im torn on subject of magician lords though...

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
i hope no one gets replaced or has to fight for a spot... that said i hope no one goes over... 5-6 six (im looking at you zelda. Link. Ganondorf. Shiek. Little Link. Vaati.) but say there were only 4-5 fe chars allowed what would your pics be

Roy/Eliwood
Marth
Ike
Sigurd
Ephraim(if one gets in then the other as an AT or a FSMASH HELPER) or eirika as ephraim [we need more girls]

im torn on subject of magician lords though...
I don't think Ephiram would have a chance. Maybe Michiah or Soren but not Ephraim.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
nah i dont realy think so i will make a huge *** lol if micaiah gets confirmed as an AT tomorow LOL just like lyn i fell to the floor laughing my friend was such a huge fan of her

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
nah i dont realy think so i will make a huge *** lol if she gets confirmed as an AT tomorow LOL just like lyn i fell to the floor laughing he was such a huge fan of her
That's one of the things of being a Knight of Elibe: Not being an idiot for Roy being deconfirmed.

Remember, that's the code.

Smash Ace
@Roy-Kun: true...
that doesn't mean I can dreadfully mourn his loss if it so appears though, does it?
By the way, if/when he's confirmed, there's gonna be a party at my house.
=2007=

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
@Roy-Kun: true...
that doesn't mean I can dreadfully mourn his loss if it so appears though, does it?
By the way, if/when he's confirmed, there's gonna be a party at my house.
=2007=
You would invite people who you don't know to your house?

Anyway, did we ever stop to think that Marth has an edge because of his game coming out in 2008, thus they would need the advertisement space. I think that would be a blow to Roy.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
marth has to be confirmed becuz it is like takin mario out and adding yoshi in

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, I'm back. I had to stay up for two whole days to get everything done, but I did it. Today's my last day of college this week. Next week is finals, then I will be free. The first thing I am doing Friday of next week is updating the opening post (placing in everyone's ideas), then I am going to think of more ways to keep this thread active and attract more posters. We are inching closer and closer to Brawl's Japanese release date, so this thread we only last about 1.5 months (unless Roy is confirmed or deconfirmed through one of the Dojo updates).

Top Bottom