• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

courte

Smash Lord
marth = secret = staying that way are is every secret character before him

anyone else banning themselves from the net jan. 24-feb 11.?? i know i will

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah, I just thought of something, what if Roy's fate is shown through a roster leak? Should I notify other Knights of Elibe about his return or deconfirmation?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You should

PS: Those banners I made might take a while. the ones I made are corrupt so I have to resave them.
I was talking about the people who don't want to be spoiled about the roster (such as courte), revealing whether or not Roy is still playable in Brawl would technically be spoiling part of the roster for them. However, since Roy is a veteran whom we care about, it might be special case for fellow Roy supporters and Knights of Elibe.

courte

Smash Lord
well don't tell me either way, a special request, i was going to suggest some sort of reverse sychaitry but that only leads to " 'he's in!' but he's not..." i also won't be online for that long amount of time so np there

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
u guys know that the roster leak can still be a fake? dojo can dramaticaly change things and bring wtf chars just like ice climbers or pk trainer

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmm, there is going to be at least 7 new character unveiled in the new CoroCoro. However, I don't think one of those seven will be Roy (though one of them might be Marth).

Edit: Initially, the scan was translated as 30 characters being in the preview. However, it was actually that there will be 30 pages in CoroCoro's preview. So the info about getting at least 7 new characters was wrong.

NukeA6

Smash Master
marth = secret = staying that way are is every secret character before him

anyone else banning themselves from the net jan. 24-feb 11.?? i know i will
I'll be gone from anything Smash after the 15th. I may even be gone at the exact day if CoroCoro Magazine shows more than just the starting roster.

I best post whatever I want to post tomorrow because after that, there will be spoiler outbreaks.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Hmm, there is going to be at least 7 new character unveiled in the new CoroCoro. However, I don't think one of those seven will be Roy (though one of them might be Marth).

Edit: Initially, the scan was translated as 30 characters being in the preview. However, it was actually that there will be 30 pages in CoroCoro's preview. So the info about getting at least 7 new characters was wrong.
Maybe, maybe not. Who knows?

CoroCoro does. >_>

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
My fellow KOE's the end may be here soon. Let's hope this speculation wasn't for nothing.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
My fellow KOE's the end may be here soon. Let's hope this speculation wasn't for nothing.
Apparently the folks at serebii.net already have the new isssue and one of our fellow board users e-mailed them to ask what the new issue says about Smash Bros. characters, we should have our answer in the next few hours. Though I am feeling quite pessimistic and only expect Sheik to be the only new character unveiled, due to how the little guide book will be detailing at least all the characters on the site, and detailing Zelda would give away Sheik, whom will probably be tonight's update.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I'll be gone from anything Smash after the 15th. I may even be gone at the exact day if CoroCoro Magazine shows more than just the starting roster.

I best post whatever I want to post tomorrow because after that, there will be spoiler outbreaks.
Exactly. If they show all the characters the game will seriously be ruined for me. That's why I'm taking precautions and having someone PM me on the 15th to see if it is true or not. If so, I'm never coming back here again. xD

Apparently the folks at serebii.net already have the new isssue and one of our fellow board users e-mailed them to ask what the new issue says about Smash Bros. characters, we should have our answer in the next few hours. Though I am feeling quite pessimistic and only expect Sheik to be the only new character unveiled, due to how the little guide book will be detailing at least all the characters on the site, and detailing Zelda would give away Sheik, whom will probably be tonight's update.
Hopefully we don't get ambushed. :urg:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This just in, nothing new came out of CoroCoro. It was all for nothing. Oh well, Sakurai and his secretiveness regarding the roster is going down anyway during the fourth week in January. Your victory is short-lived Sakurai (unless of course the full Brawl roster is crappy or disappointing).

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
This just in, nothing new came out of CoroCoro. It was all for nothing. Oh well, Sakurai and his secretiveness regarding the roster is going down anyway during the fourth week in January. Your victory is short-lived Sakurai (unless of course the full Brawl roster is crappy or disappointing).
Wow, that sucks. We got hustled.

Now what are we gonna do for 6 **** weeks?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wow, that sucks. We got hustled.

Now what are we gonna do for 6 **** weeks?
I don't know. However, I have some ideas on stuff to do with this thread in the meantime. After next week, I will be giving my full attention to my ULTIMATE Analysis Thread and this topic. Expect heavy updates, and lots of participation.

Roy>Marth, but they both sux.
You did nothing to contribute this thread except troll two good Fire Emblem characters.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
so is the corocoro thing fake??
shutup pik pik and get lost

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
seriously what are u doin flaming and trolling in the roy thread? what is ur point? calm down and leave

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i just wish a mod was here to check for flamers and trollers

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
i just wish a mod was here to check for flamers and trollers
Yeah, apparently this Pik Pik guy is making a whole bunch of spam/stupid threads. He already had four topics of his locked. If he continues to troll this thead, just report the trolling/spamming messages, hopefully action will be done.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
ok btw u are never online at this time what happened with the exams? :p

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Sorry about that, guys.

I don't know if I've seen someone accumulate six points in less than an hour. But it definitely happened there.

ZachSoup

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm stop. :D
I believe stupid is spelled with a u instead of an o, and make sure you don't forget the id at the end.

Also, if Roy were to return, I wouldn't mind seeing him completely revamped considering that Ike appears to fulfill the would-be role of Roy as being the powerhouse swordsmen.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I believe stupid is spelled with a u instead of an o, and make sure you don't forget the id at the end.

Also, if Roy were to return, I wouldn't mind seeing him completely revamped considering that Ike appears to fulfill the would-be role of Roy as being the powerhouse swordsmen.
Roy was definitely not a powerhouse in Melee, though he was above-average in strength. Yeah, if Roy were to return, he would be between Marth and Ike in terms of power, speed, and weight.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
thanks moderators lol and btw how do u know corocoro is fake since it was comin tomorow?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
thanks moderators lol and btw how do u know corocoro is fake since it was comin tomorow?
Its not fake, its just that someone got the latest issue of CoroCoro early, and then confirmed to us that there was no new information in it. A topic about it should be on the General Brawl board.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Roy should definitely stay in. I see no reason to take him out and I can easily see Fire Emblem getting four representatives. I mean, hell, the series is 17 years old and has ten games out, technically more if you count the BS FE series. It created an entire genre of video game. Give it some love.

As for Roy staying you have to realize this. A character does not simply represent his, or her, self. A character also represents its game.

So with that I'll give you my reasons as to why Roy should stay.

1. Roy was the first portable Lord. This is a fairly well known fact. Hell, a similar reason was used for Ike.

2. Roy's game is the third highest selling FE game. Getting near 500K in sales puts it just behind Fire Emblem: Seisen no Kiefu and Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo, FE4 and 3 respectively. That is no small feat.

3. Tying in with reason number two. Roy revived the series after the marketing blunder that was Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, I'm not saying anything about the quality as from what I hear it is a very good game. FE5 was released at the very end of the SNES's life cycle, in fact it was the very last game to be made for the SNES, and even faced with that they decided to sell the game exclusively through Nintendo's online store.

4. Roy's game introduced a few things into the series as well. The major thing that happened was a revamp of the magic system changing it to the Anima/Dark/Light triangle that we have now. This is the most used magic system throughout the series, and considering its a giant chunk of the game it shouldn't be taken lightly. Another thing is the introduction of the Support system.

Now one reason I see people against Roy is that he was an "advertisement". While that technically may be true, he did appear in Melee before his game was actually released, what would you say if I were to tell you his game, known as Maiden of Darkness(Ankoku no Mizo) at the time, was originally for the Nintendo 64. It was then moved from there to the Gameboy Advance and underwent a name change shortly after.

Another that I see is that Roy is a clone, or at least accused of being one. Well, both Roy and Marth need changes to there move sets as some moves fit one of them while the others don't. I present to you my Roy moveset!

A - A straight horizontal slice starting from the right and going towards the left.

AA - A straight horizontal slice starting from the left going towards the right.

AAA - A vertical slice going from the top down with the sword on fire.

Over + A - A vertical slice starting from the top and going down. Roy also ends up one step forward after using this attack.

Smash Over + A - A vertical slice starting from the top and going down while ignited on flames. Roy also ends up one step forward after using this attack.

Up + A - Roy shoves the flatside of the Sword of Seals into the bottom of the chin of the person he is attacking. If timed correctly it could be used to block an attack.

Smash Up + A - Roy shoves the flatside of the Sword of Seals into the bottom of the chin of the person he is attacking, while the sword ignites into flames. If timed correctly it could be used to block an attack.

Down + A - A vertical slice starting from the bottom and going up. This attack will knock the enemy up into the air.

Smash Down + A - A vertical slice starting from the bottom and going up, while the sword ignites into flames. This attack will knock the enemy up into the air.

Crouch + A - Same as Melee.

Aerial A - A simple forward kick.

Aerial Forward + A - Same as Melee

Aerial Backward + A - Roy kicks behind himself.

Aerial Up + A - Same as Melee.

Aerial Down + A - Roy's swings his leg forcefully down hitting with the heel of his foot.

Grab attack - Roy knees the person he is holding in the gut.

Forward Throw - Roy rams into his opponent's chest with his shoulder.

Back Throw - Toss the person you're holding behind you and kick them in the chest.

Up Throw - Roy tosses the person he is holding into the air.

Down Throw - Roy puts his foot behinds his opponent's and shoves him to the ground.

B - Hono no Dansu/Dance of Flames: Roy goes into a three attack combo with the Sword of Seals on fire, each one slightly stronger than the last as the Sword of Seals reacts to Roy. Similar to Roy's Double Edge Dance from Melee.

B+Over - Blazing Slash: Roy will pull his sword back while it is igniting then swing it over his head sending a fiery orb forward that explodes after it goes a certain distance* if it doesn't hit anything. While Roy is in the air the orb goes down and forwards at a shallow 30 degree angle.

B+Up - Rising Phoenix: Roy jumps up into the air and comes back down at a 30 degree angle with the Sword of Seals, on fire, pointed forwards in front of his body.

B+Down - Reinvigorating Flame: Roy takes a defensive stance. When Roy gets hit with an attack while in the stance fire flares up around him for a second and he heals for 3/4ths of the attack power and knocks back the opponent while dealing 1% damage. Only works once per stance.

* - Slightly shorter than Samus's missile range.

As you can see it is lacking a Final Smash. However, I present to you that as well.

Final Smash: Hartmut's Legacy

Zephiel comes onto the field with his sword Exaacus and starts fighting alongside Roy. At the end of the duration of the Final Smash Zephiel leaves while performing either his ranged critical or his normal critical, depending on how close the nearest enemy is.

I think this Finals Smash works great. The name comes from the fact that Zephiel's Exaacus and Roy's Sword of Seals both belonged to Hartmut, founder of Bern. Also, despite what you might think of Roy working with his enemy, you have to remember that neither Roy nor Zephiel held any contempt towards the other. Roy saw Bern attacking neighboring nations and wanted to end it and Zephiel had a misguided goal thanks to his father's numerous assassination attempts on him.

One thing you'll notice about Roy's A move set is that his smashes are copies of his normal attacks just with fire added onto them. There is a reason for that. Those are his critical attacks. You could tell when Roy pulled off a critical with the Sword of Seals because his weapon would ignite.

Roy's neutral B is derived from his conversation with Jahn, one of the original dragons, near the end of the game. Jahn explains to Roy that when Hartmut went to slay Idoun the Sword of Seals reacted to his emotions, and instead of killing Idoun it simply sealed her away.

Roy's over B is derived from his ranged attack with the Sword of Seals. Hopefully that one was obvious.

Roy's up B isn't really derived from anything as the only thing Roy has similar to what a normal up B would be is his amazing jumping ability after he attacks with the Sword of Seals. :p

Roy's down B is derived from the Sword of Seal's ability to heal Roy.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Roy should definitely stay in. I see no reason to take him out and I can easily see Fire Emblem getting four representatives. I mean, hell, the series is 17 years old and has ten games out, technically more if you count the BS FE series. It created an entire genre of video game. Give it some love.

As for Roy staying you have to realize this. A character does not simply represent his, or her, self. A character also represents its game.

So with that I'll give you my reasons as to why Roy should stay.

1. Roy was the first portable Lord. This is a fairly well known fact. Hell, a similar reason was used for Ike.

2. Roy's game is the third highest selling FE game. Getting near 500K in sales puts it just behind Fire Emblem: Seisen no Kiefu and Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo, FE4 and 3 respectively. That is no small feat.

3. Tying in with reason number two. Roy revived the series after the marketing blunder that was Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, I'm not saying anything about the quality as from what I hear it is a very good game. FE5 was released at the very end of the SNES's life cycle, in fact it was the very last game to be made for the SNES, and even faced with that they decided to sell the game exclusively through Nintendo's online store.

4. Roy's game introduced a few things into the series as well. The major thing that happened was a revamp of the magic system changing it to the Anima/Dark/Light triangle that we have now. This is the most used magic system throughout the series, and considering its a giant chunk of the game it shouldn't be taken lightly. Another thing is the introduction of the Support system.

Now one reason I see people against Roy is that he was an "advertisement". While that technically may be true, he did appear in Melee before his game was actually released, what would you say if I were to tell you his game, known as Maiden of Darkness(Ankoku no Mizo) at the time, was originally for the Nintendo 64. It was then moved from there to the Gameboy Advance and underwent a name change shortly after.

Another that I see is that Roy is a clone, or at least accused of being one. Well, both Roy and Marth need changes to there move sets as some moves fit one of them while the others don't. I present to you my Roy moveset!

A - A straight horizontal slice starting from the right and going towards the left.

AA - A straight horizontal slice starting from the left going towards the right.

AAA - A vertical slice going from the top down with the sword on fire.

Over + A - A vertical slice starting from the top and going down. Roy also ends up one step forward after using this attack.

Smash Over + A - A vertical slice starting from the top and going down while ignited on flames. Roy also ends up one step forward after using this attack.

Up + A - Roy shoves the flatside of the Sword of Seals into the bottom of the chin of the person he is attacking. If timed correctly it could be used to block an attack.

Smash Up + A - Roy shoves the flatside of the Sword of Seals into the bottom of the chin of the person he is attacking, while the sword ignites into flames. If timed correctly it could be used to block an attack.

Down + A - A vertical slice starting from the bottom and going up. This attack will knock the enemy up into the air.

Smash Down + A - A vertical slice starting from the bottom and going up, while the sword ignites into flames. This attack will knock the enemy up into the air.

Crouch + A - Same as Melee.

Aerial A - A simple forward kick.

Aerial Forward + A - Same as Melee

Aerial Backward + A - Roy kicks behind himself.

Aerial Up + A - Same as Melee.

Aerial Down + A - Roy's swings his leg forcefully down hitting with the heel of his foot.

Grab attack - Roy knees the person he is holding in the gut.

Forward Throw - Roy rams into his opponent's chest with his shoulder.

Back Throw - Toss the person you're holding behind you and kick them in the chest.

Up Throw - Roy tosses the person he is holding into the air.

Down Throw - Roy puts his foot behinds his opponent's and shoves him to the ground.

B - Hono no Dansu/Dance of Flames: Roy goes into a three attack combo with the Sword of Seals on fire, each one slightly stronger than the last as the Sword of Seals reacts to Roy. Similar to Roy's Double Edge Dance from Melee.

B+Over - Blazing Slash: Roy will pull his sword back while it is igniting then swing it over his head sending a fiery orb forward that explodes after it goes a certain distance* if it doesn't hit anything. While Roy is in the air the orb goes down and forwards at a shallow 30 degree angle.

B+Up - Rising Phoenix: Roy jumps up into the air and comes back down at a 30 degree angle with the Sword of Seals, on fire, pointed forwards in front of his body.

B+Down - Reinvigorating Flame: Roy takes a defensive stance. When Roy gets hit with an attack while in the stance fire flares up around him for a second and he heals for 3/4ths of the attack power and knocks back the opponent while dealing 1% damage. Only works once per stance.

* - Slightly shorter than Samus's missile range.

As you can see it is lacking a Final Smash. However, I present to you that as well.

Final Smash: Hartmut's Legacy

Zephiel comes onto the field with his sword Exaacus and starts fighting alongside Roy. At the end of the duration of the Final Smash Zephiel leaves while performing either his ranged critical or his normal critical, depending on how close the nearest enemy is.

I think this Finals Smash works great. The name comes from the fact that Zephiel's Exaacus and Roy's Sword of Seals both belonged to Hartmut, founder of Bern. Also, despite what you might think of Roy working with his enemy, you have to remember that neither Roy nor Zephiel held any contempt towards the other. Roy saw Bern attacking neighboring nations and wanted to end it and Zephiel had a misguided goal thanks to his father's numerous assassination attempts on him.

One thing you'll notice about Roy's A move set is that his smashes are copies of his normal attacks just with fire added onto them. There is a reason for that. Those are his critical attacks. You could tell when Roy pulled off a critical with the Sword of Seals because his weapon would ignite.

Roy's neutral B is derived from his conversation with Jahn, one of the original dragons, near the end of the game. Jahn explains to Roy that when Hartmut went to slay Idoun the Sword of Seals reacted to his emotions, and instead of killing Idoun it simply sealed her away.

Roy's over B is derived from his ranged attack with the Sword of Seals. Hopefully that one was obvious.

Roy's up B isn't really derived from anything as the only thing Roy has similar to what a normal up B would be is his amazing jumping ability after he attacks with the Sword of Seals. :p

Roy's down B is derived from the Sword of Seal's ability to heal Roy.

Holy crap! That has got to not only be the best Roy moveset I have ever seen, but the best moveset I ever seen for any Fire Emblem character. You did not even have to take some abilties from Eliwood to make it. Bravo, bravo. I going to definitely put this into the opening post. YUou put a lot of time and effort into this, and I wish somehow Sakurai would see this, as I think even he would be impressed.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I wonder what Roy's fate will be, I like him to Marth becuase of his....hair :chuckle: but I think Marth is more likely

Top Bottom