• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

courte

Smash Lord
you know how in anime's and manga and even games, sometimes the main character has to face some ultimate tests within himself which actually turns out to be creating his own custom move and advancing his power naruto's rasengan shuriken, ichigo's hollow mask from bleach, or even our dear friend ike. Personally i think something like such would be the best path for roy. A weapon switch couple with a technique bowworing influences from metaknight ((one kit ko)) and the other swords men ((flashy technique)) your opinions

and if not it's=ll probably be passed DOWN to marth and we get the horsie

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Lance Moveset for Eliwood:

B: Javelin
Like Solid Snake's Grenade but sharper.

<>B: Barrage
Like a combo of Link's poke attack and Marth's blade dance.

Down B: Swing Kick
Eliwood stabs the lance in the ground and kicks off it. Hitting A after will resulting in an upward smash.

I need more ideas here. It's a work in progress.

courte

Smash Lord
Lance Moveset for Eliwood:

B: Javelin
Like Solid Snake's Grenade but sharper.

<>B: Barrage
Like a combo of Link's poke attack and Marth's blade dance.

Down B: Swing Kick
Eliwood stabs the lance in the ground and kicks off it. Hitting A after will resulting in an upward smash.

I need more ideas here. It's a work in progress.
oh... u mean a completely lance based moveset... hmm...

just becuase the both of them are sword wielders doesnt mean they have to fight the same--in reality we see that there are almost no two people who fight in the same manner even if they wield the same weapon or same weapon type

i'm all for having an eliwood with some lance attacks implemented into his moveset, however i do feel strongly that if any lord were to represent the lance it would/should be ephraim--than again there may be a previous lord who would be more qualified--but having the favorite[[preferred]] type of weapon to the character seems important in portraying them, even theyre destined weapon {{anyone can wield any weapon if they have a high enough weapon proficiency}}

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hey maybe roy's final smash could be like when you get a critical in his game. Although now that I think about it ike's final smash is alot like that.
Anybody have a video of that? I've never seen it before, so I need to see it before I say yes or no. Just a youtube link is fine.

courte

Smash Lord
I don't know, seems kind of simple to make a final smash.
yea i'm not sure how many people share that opinion though i am one of them because the speed doesn't change--reminds be of luigi's chance of misfire which would be ok if applied to a forward smash only less often

it is without a doubt a nice touch but somehow not entirely deserving of it's own move; an augmentation of another if you would

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
I have a great FS for Lance Eliwood.

Impale. That's right, the Sentinel master skill from FE10.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I have a great FS for Lance Eliwood.

Impale. That's right, the Sentinel master skill from FE10.
That sounds like it would be more fitting for Ephraim, not Eliwood. Surely you know if Eliwood was to use a lance that it would be the back burner to his sword Durandal?

-Knight

courte

Smash Lord
That sounds like it would be more fitting for Ephraim, not Eliwood. Surely you know if Eliwood was to use a lance that it would be the back burner to his sword Durandal?

-Knight
we've expressed this to him lol to each their own
-- for me to picture is about the equivalent of roy holding a spell book "somethings not right here"

Doodx

Smash Journeyman

-Knight
lol bring them both then! but i think that eli should keep durandal and just be made fast maybe make it thiner and shorter but who cares if hes fast and has a huge sword i mean look at cloud from final fantasy he is pretty fast and yet he has that gigantic sword or whatever that thing is

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Eliwood's only hope at being unique is if he uses lances. I mean he can use them in both FE6 and FE7. Not to mention he would be better with them.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Eliwood's only hope at being unique is if he uses lances. I mean he can use them in both FE6 and FE7. Not to mention he would be better with them.
Actually, Eliwood could also use his war horse as one of his special moves. And that forward quick thrust he does can be another special move.

courte

Smash Lord
so you're suggesting a lance exclusive eliwood??

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
A lance exclusive Eliwood completely undermines his character. Eliwood wasn't even a lord in FE6 ( He was sickly old man). If he was to appear in Brawl his appearance would be based off of his FE7 appearance.

Please take your ideas over the the Ephraim thread because it seems they would be better suited for him and not Eliwood. A lance exclusive Eliwood would never happen.

-Knight

courte

Smash Lord
A lance exclusive Eliwood completely undermines his character. Eliwood wasn't even a lord in FE6 ( He was sickly old man). If he was to appear in Brawl his appearance would be based off of his FE7 appearance.

Please take your ideas over the the Ephraim thread because it seems they would be better suited for him and not Eliwood. A lance exclusive Eliwood would never happen.

-Knight
i regret to say that he put some of my opinions were just put forth by someone else
having a moveset like that simply seems more appropriate for someone well known for using said weapon--sorry to say

and just because we support one character does not mean we can't support another or must root against one-- i admit that if i had to choose between eliwood or ephraim or roy i could not choose one

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
i regret to say that he put some of my opinions were just put forth by someone else
having a moveset like that simply seems more appropriate for someone well known for using said weapon--sorry to say

and just because we support one character does not mean we can't support another or must root against one-- i admit that if i had to choose between eliwood or ephraim or roy i could not choose one
You can support whatever character you want I never said that you could not support another, I was merely pointing out how uncharacteristic Eliwood would be without his sword(the lance being his primary weapon instead of his sword), it would almost be like Link without his sword.

-Knight

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
If he has Durandel he is another Ike. If he has the Rapier he is another Marth. Also, why not try something new like Lances? I mean if Falcon who never actully left his car can have a moveset, then I don't see why Eliwood, a character capable of using lances, couldn't use lances. Besides, Lances>Swords. That's a proven fact of FE.

I also knew he wasn't a lord in FE6, however he was a Paladin on trial maps.

courte

Smash Lord
If he has Durandel he is another Ike. If he has the Rapier he is another Marth. Also, why not try something new like Lances? I mean if Falcon who never actully left his car can have a moveset, then I don't see why Eliwood, a character capable of using lances, couldn't use lances. Besides, Lances>Swords. That's a proven fact of FE.

he's another marth or ike IF they make him that way

andwe'rediscussingthepossibilitiesifheweremadedifferently

thereisnoonewayofthesword--theywouldhavenoproblemgivinghimamoveset basedoffofanotherrealworldswordstyle.intherealmofsmashanythingispossible--lanceequalsephraim

ignore all of that--i made it annoying to read in case you would try

i'm personally for the inclusion of almsot any character but not one over another

and not compromising the character, which a spear would do--it's just as kirby knight saidit's as if you've giving mario a toy sword

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Eliwood can be made unique even without the use of a lance as his primary weapon.

Here is what I wrote about on a possible moveset for Eliwood:

Eliwood fights quite differently from his son, and could be made into a non-clone character despite being a sword-user.

Here is a list of special moves that Eliwood could have if he had a moveset.

B-Side: Flame Rush

Eliwood thrusts foward with his sword, and his sword bursts in flames. It works much like Fox's Phantasm, only its a bit slower, more powerful, and has a burning effect.

B-Up: Wheel of Fire

I am sort of imagining something like critical animation shown above, only there is not a foward thrust. Instead Eliwood's sword goes on fire, and spins in a circle (much like's Samus's Screw Attack).

Down-B: War Horse

Eliwood whistles for his war horse, and either his horse tramples other opponents, or he can mount it, increasing his speed, but it makes him a much bigger target.

B: Lance Throw:

Eliwood throws a Javelin at his enemies.

Final Smash: Family & Friends

Eliwood summons his son Roy, and his two best friends, Hector and Lyn. They all wreak havoc throughout the battlefield. Roy has moderate powerered Melee attacks, and can shoot fireballs out of his Sword of Seals at long-distane enemies. Getting hit by Hector's axe with about 50% damage, is instant KO (because he is Hector afterall). Lyn attacks the same way she does as an Assist Trophy.

Eliwood would be the average between Ike and Marth. Ike is a very slow, powerful, and heavy character, whereas I can see Marth being made into a very fast, light, and weak character in order to balance him out. Between these two extremes would be Eliwood. He would have average speed, average weight (similar to Mario), and average power. He would be a well-rounded sword-fighter character with no real weaknesses or strenghts, much like how Mario was in Melee.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
^ Nice ideas, Lyn still keeps her AT skills then?

I say we should suggest entrances now...

If Sakurai wants Roy to be like his father, then he should be riding a horse, and then jump off from the horse and get ready to fight.

Other one should be Warp Magic, but with some flame-based effects.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
I like those ideas except for the horse. What if the horse was his Final Smash, and he becomes more powerful, etc when on it? And the horse could be his entrance, like Roy-Kun said. I just hate Wario's motorbike, I don't like vehicles being special moves. They seem less like a move than a transformation, which I think should be reserved for Final Smashes.

The other ideas are good, though. Maybe, since Ike doesn't keep Roy's side-B from Melee, Eliwood can have that replace the down-B?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, it all depends on how Wario summons and uses his bike. Personally, I think summoning his horse would be a great special move. Also, I like the idea of Eliwood arriving on his horse to be his entry (it could also be Sigurd's entry if he is playable). It would also work for Roy if Sakurai does decide to declone him by taking some abilities from his father.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
I like those ideas except for the horse. What if the horse was his Final Smash, and he becomes more powerful, etc when on it? And the horse could be his entrance, like Roy-Kun said. I just hate Wario's motorbike, I don't like vehicles being special moves. They seem less like a move than a transformation, which I think should be reserved for Final Smashes.

The other ideas are good, though. Maybe, since Ike doesn't keep Roy's side-B from Melee, Eliwood can have that replace the down-B?
He could become Royman and the horse would uberfy.

Also, I think Eliwood needs at least two lance moves. Make him unique.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
nice ideas guys they seriously made me think but i thout that if he pressed down b he would use warp majic and and teleport somwhere and roy teleports where he was and u play as roy. Just like they did for sheik if it happened to her why cant it happen for us?
also why cant eliwood always be on a horse? it would be hard to play but they did it realy cool in fe7 the way he attacked and stuff...down b Roy!down b again Eliwood on his horse!By eliwood on his horse it makes it easier to give him the durandal and a very unique moveset

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ahh... Roy...

Two days ago I got my Main (Ice Climbers)'s a** handed down to me against a friend's Yoshi... He 3 stocked me.. it was humilliating...

But then I payed him back when I used Roy...

At first I wanted to get to use Roy pretty well as a "goodbye gift".. But now I think I'm gonna miss him a lot. :(

We need more red-spiky-haired swordsmen in Brawl... Why must we put up with two blue haired ones? XD

I also prefer Roy's style over Marth. If only his aerials were as good as his..

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Ahh... Roy...

Two days ago I got my Main (Ice Climbers)'s a** handed down to me against a friend's Yoshi... He 3 stocked me.. it was humilliating...

But then I payed him back when I used Roy...

At first I wanted to get to use Roy pretty well as a "goodbye gift".. But now I think I'm gonna miss him a lot. :(

We need more red-spiky-haired swordsmen in Brawl... Why must we put up with two blue haired ones? XD

I also prefer Roy's style over Marth. If only his aerials were as good as his..
That's where the point comes in: Roy can be the balanced character while Marth is the speedy, weak one and Ike is the slow, powerful one.

Roy can be like the "Mario" of the Fire Emblem games, Eliwood enters in that category too though.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
AAAaaaaaaaagghh!!! Man.... I wish NOBODY had to leave!!! :(

Not Young Link, not Roy, not Pichu... Keep the clones!!! They hardly take any time to make!

Sure, remake Falco and Ganondorf.. maybe even Y.Link.... but Roy leaving? :(

At least I hope Eliwood gets in... I'm not even an FE fan.. but I did become a Roy fan.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I say Luigify Roy!

Give him a unique move. Perhaps get rid of his counter which is extremely hard to pull off... Or maybe his side-b, for those who do love his counter. Give him something new and unique.

His aerial game could change a bit. Make it more broadsword worthy.

oh.. darn.. I double posted... X_x sorry. :(

courte

Smash Lord
why would roy have lances. he can be plenty unique without compromising the character, eliwood it'd be ok for one, two moves max but not roy -- i'd support ephraim as a lance character

NukeA6

Smash Master
AAAaaaaaaaagghh!!! Man.... I wish NOBODY had to leave!!! :(

Not Young Link, not Roy, not Pichu... Keep the clones!!! They hardly take any time to make!

Sure, remake Falco and Ganondorf.. maybe even Y.Link.... but Roy leaving? :(

At least I hope Eliwood gets in... I'm not even an FE fan.. but I did become a Roy fan.
Pichu sucks. So does Dr. Mario.

I say Luigify Roy!

Give him a unique move. Perhaps get rid of his counter which is extremely hard to pull off... Or maybe his side-b, for those who do love his counter. Give him something new and unique.

His aerial game could change a bit. Make it more broadsword worthy.

oh.. darn.. I double posted... X_x sorry. :(
The only character that should be luigified is Luigi. No clone is anywhere as important as Luigi.

Roy can be made original. They just got to make things different. Just take some moves from FE6 and Cless Alvein and we got something.

And if not, he can be an alt.

Smash Ace
@NukeA6: DR. MARIO is better than you are.
I'll keep this rant short and simple.
ROY... for... brawl. as is.
=2007=

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Dr. Mario is a popular choice for Tournaments. And they generally do very well. >_> At least where I'm from.

Pichu is deadly in the right hands. Have you ever tried hitting him as Ganondorf? That could make you go bald from the stress, really. And his lack of lag makes up for his self-destructive nature. :D

Kirby knight

Smash Lord

Correct me if I'm wrong but Didn't Marth only use his Rapier type fighting style up until he got his Falscion(sp)? Then he had more of a slasher type combat.

Eliwood's legendary weapon and the weapon he's primarily seen with is a sword not a lance. How can you make a comparison between Captain Falcon; who had little to base his moveset off of since he was in a car to someone who has moveset options without having to had them "made up?"

Eliwood is a character capable of using lances as you stated many times but a full lance type moveset would not be very characteristic of Eliwood.

Luigi is very similar to Mario, so similar that it would be great if Luigi could having something to differentiate him from Mario so why not give him a gun? Luigi with a gun could be entirely unique from Mario, but do you see the problem with this? The problem is that a Luigi with a gun type moveset is not longer Luigi; not canon to the Mario series.

Eliwood's canon choice of weapon is a sword. I don't like movesets that are forced on a character just to make them unique because it takes away from who they truly are. If Eliwood was to be in brawl his lance would be the back burner to his sword, not the other way around.

Also if your going to keep bringing up FE6 Eliwood, please mention the fact the he can use Axes. It is a proven fact in FE that Axes are the best weapon type in the game (Which doesn't really matter because this is SSBB not a Fire Emblem game).

-Knight

courte

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong but Didn't Marth only use his Rapier type fighting style up until he got his Falscion(sp)? Then he had more of a slasher type combat.

Eliwood's legendary weapon and the weapon he's primarily seen with is a sword not a lance. How can you make a comparison between Captain Falcon; who had little to base his moveset off of since he was in a car to someone who has moveset options without having to had them "made up?"

Eliwood is a character capable of using lances as you stated many times but a full lance type moveset would not be very characteristic of Eliwood.

Luigi is very similar to Mario, so similar that it would be great if Luigi could having something to differentiate him from Mario so why not give him a gun? Luigi with a gun could be entirely unique from Mario, but do you see the problem with this? The problem is that a Luigi with a gun type moveset is not longer Luigi; not canon to the Mario series.

Eliwood's canon choice of weapon is a sword. I don't like movesets that are forced on a character just to make them unique because it takes away from who they truly are. If Eliwood was to be in brawl his lance would be the back burner to his sword, not the other way around.

Also if your going to keep bringing up FE6 Eliwood, please mention the fact the he can use Axes. It is a proven fact in FE that Axes are the best weapon type in the game (Which doesn't really matter because this is SSBB not a Fire Emblem game).

-Knight

point well said

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Does anyone else think that the first internationally released FE game should have been The Sword of Seals? cause that makes waaaay more sense, seeing as it came out a while after melee, and it stared Roy who was gaining fame (along with FE in general) I think it would have sold a lot more copies than blazing swords

NukeA6

Smash Master
Does anyone else think that the first internationally released FE game should have been The Sword of Seals? cause that makes waaaay more sense, seeing as it came out a while after melee, and it stared Roy who was gaining fame (along with FE in general) I think it would have sold a lot more copies than blazing swords
The opportunity has been lost. I'm sure he would've been more popular than Hector and maybe Lyn.

That would've raised Roy's chances by a lot.

Top Bottom