• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ROB Matchup Thread

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Lol lucario isn't bad. Wario is hard. So I think I figured out how to camp. Timed out a D3 yesterday games 2 and 3. I'm glad not many D3s exist bc I hate matches going to time. I wish our time limit was 10 min instead of 8

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i dunno, they took 8 mins from melee, but i think if it was much longer the whole tactic of timing out would be nigh impossible. on the other hand they have to make sure it doesnt overrun, the pool i was in yesterday took tons longer than all the others because it was a larger pools (most of the others had 5 players, ours and another had 6) and almost every match went to 3rd game. its a story for another day i guess

anyway, i need a method of getting reliable matchup experience on a variety of characters, i simply dont have enough and i have no-one nearby whos good. i was thinking wifi ladder for this. thoughts?

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
Good Idea. I can get all of the gainesville people to join. Sonic, Ike, ROB, G&W, Wario, Toon Link,,

Zwarm

Smash Hero
So I want to see a complete MU chart on this board for once. I'm willing to take over this thread so we can actually get this thing done, if that's okay. It doesn't seem like TheMike is coming back. :/

8Bitman

Smash Master
Lol lucario isn't bad. Wario is hard. So I think I figured out how to camp. Timed out a D3 yesterday games 2 and 3. I'm glad not many D3s exist bc I hate matches going to time. I wish our time limit was 10 min instead of 8

OMFG ^^^ THIS ^^^ I HATE LOSING TO D3's CUZ OF TIME! NNNNNNNUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >-<

I 9001% agree with this. Wario is such a hard MU if they play him right. But Lucario is so easy if you just pressure him up close with Fair's out the ***! Lucario doesn't have much range in the air, and if we keep spacing our Bair's and throwing out Fair's you should easily rack up % in this MU and have an easy time.

Just don't get F-Smashed. And don't Shoot your Laser or Gyro when coming down from the side of the stage (When you are hit off.) Because most Lucario's are good at timing their Charged B, and with R.O.B's lag because of the moves we get hit every time................. Yeah.......

Drake12

Smash Ace
I personnally always thought that DDD was a -3... but that could be bias since I hate fighting him...on the other hand I thought that falco was -1. I thought that the group agreed to that as well, if not -1 then a 0

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Falco is definitely not even, but it's not that hard of a MU. I have much more trouble with ZSS and Dedede than I do Falco. I agree with Dedede being -2 though, it's definitely winnable, just tough.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I've always got owned by Fox. There's just not many of them to own me.

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
:rob:
-3: :metaknight:
-2: :dedede: :falco: :fox: :olimar: :zerosuitsamus:
-1: :diddy: :gw: :lucario: :pikachu2: :snake: :toonlink: :wario:
0: :dk2: :popo: :kirby2: :marth: :peach: :pit: :sheilda: :wolf:
1: :bowser2: :ike: :link2: :lucas: :luigi2: :mario2: :ness2: :pt: :samus2: :sheik: :sonic: :yoshi2: :zelda:
2: :falcon:
3: :ganondorf: :jigglypuff:

I think we have a +1/+2 on DK. Gimpable, and comboed easily.

Also, Fox does work on our shield and when his hits connect we can't momentum cancel efficiently.

Ike is a -1 and maaaaybe a -2. *Looks at Video Thread*

I think Peach/Pit is a -1 for us too.

Fox juggles ROB forever and a day because of how floaty he is. And Fox has pretty great aerials across the board, as opposed to ROB's fair and uair. Also his lasers rack up damage, and ROB can't deal with them nearly as well as other characters considering his shield. Gyro is pretty lame too, since Shine deals with it so easily.

tl;dr I think Fox is about right, same with Olimar and Falco. I'm not so sure of Lucario's though... I've always thought we go about even?

8Bitman

Smash Master
Oh god...... I was expecting better.......

So are you guys serious when you say Peach and Falco should be a -1????

Peach should be in our Favor, and Falco should be a -2.

Also on a more serious note, I am discussing this in the v2 Thread. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK THE PIKACHU MU SHOULD BE?

I am saying it is 0, everyone else though is saying it is a -1. Why?

QUOTED: The Chart:

-3: :metaknight:
-2: :dedede: :falco: :fox: :olimar: :zerosuitsamus:
-1: :diddy: :gw: :lucario: :pikachu2: :snake: :toonlink: :wario:
0: :dk2: :popo: :kirby2: :marth: :peach: :pit: :sheilda: :wolf:
1: :bowser2: :ike: :link2: :lucas: :luigi2: :mario2: :ness2: :pt: :samus2: :sheik: :sonic: :yoshi2: :zelda:
2: :falcon:
3: :ganondorf: :jigglypuff:

My Opinion:

-3: :metaknight: :dedede:
-2: :olimar: :falco:
-1: :snake: :zerosuitsamus: :fox: :pit: :toonlink: :diddy: :wario:
0: :marth: :wolf: :popo: :pikachu2: :kirby2: :lucario: :gw:
1: :samus2: :ness2: :mario2: :ike: :peach: :dk2: :sheilda: :sheik: :zelda: :lucas: :pt: :luigi2: :yoshi2: :sonic:
2: :falcon: :bowser2: :link2:
3: :jigglypuff: :ganondorf:

Drake12

Smash Ace
I personnally like your list except for a few things. I disagree quite strongly with Pikachu being 0, GW being 0 and I think falco should be -1. Everything else I haven't had proper MU experience to have an opinion, or I agree with...I especially agree with DDD being -3.

I played a good pikachu, and if they play smart I have a lot of trouble getting around pikachus b and walling him out well enough...he just gets in and causes issues...not to mention that pikachu being pretty legit offstage is good...all those reasons alone would lead me to say that it should be -1, not 0.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I always liked the GW MU, his range is awful, and we can out spam him very well. IMO (0)

As for Pikachu, you should never be approaching in the MU. Just leave a Gyro out to catch him T-Jolts, and let him approach. He cannot out spam us, not even close, unless we just stand there.

All Pikachu CAN do is be aggressive, his projectile isn't all that good, and you won't get gimped by Lightning as long as you're patient and wait for him to do it then Air-Dodge when you're hit upward. It isn't a MU you should be aggressive on. IMO (0)

Lastly, I haven't a clue as to why everyone is saying Falco is a -1 for us... I mean has anyone fought a Laser camping Falco? It's impossible.... An aggressive Falco is fun, a scared running away Falco who camps is not fun. =( IMO (-2)

Can anyone help me with the MU, I know I am not the best at it. T^T

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Oh so we lose to Diddy now too. Always though it was dead even. Oh well, I don't trust these charts much anyways and not that it matters when Finnish level and metagame is so much less developed.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Laser camping Falco is beatable, you just need to powershield/jump over lasers to get in, and read the obvious phantasm escape. Also, don't use projectiles to get in, only use tilts/aerials, depending on your approach.

Beating phantasm is easier than you think, both sides of bair stop it (meaning the head hitbox stops it too), fair if you time it right. Nair can stop it, although this is such a hard read, or the Falco's stupid and went into it. Ftilt if you time it right. Or just act like you're getting close, and roll backwards while he phantasms and punish him on the other side.

And if you can't powershield everything, taking a few hits from lasers isn't gonna kill you. It's necessary damage you need to take to get in on him.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Sometimes you just gotta be careful to not simply powershield laser without being ready to take a BDACUS or something similar though.
Falco is a pain, but I think it's definitely beatable. Fair eats phantasm really easily too.
I hate that jab and ftilt stuff. Wrecks our groundgame pretty bad, but I guess that is an important reason why the MU sucks =/

Also guys, I know this is not the Q&A thread, but I main G&W and usually cp Brinstar since RC gets banned most of the time. One of the players I usually play against who mains Falco almost always goes Marth on Brinstar. Should I still use G&W or should I really just cp another stage that Rob could also be used whenever needed? D:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Falco might really be our 2nd worst mu not counting mk...its ****ing hard. His jab beats ours, and hes hard as **** to kill and racks damage faster than we do. ROB just needs to try and space himself at midrange where we can punish sh laser and roll back to punish phantasm...force as many 50/50s as we can and then try and juggle harder than falco when we win lol. If we can get him offstage we can kill him w/ good reads...but realistically we can def. rack some damage.
the real hard part is killing him...honestly just try and keep ftilt fresh and at 160 its a great option to actually get kills. Besides that...random bairs...or fair if its fresh and they're on the right side of the stage for you lol.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Well thank you guys, anymore info? It is probably my most hated MU. I do not have fun with it.

Also guys, I know this is not the Q&A thread, but I main G&W and usually cp Brinstar since RC gets banned most of the time. One of the players I usually play against who mains Falco almost always goes Marth on Brinstar. Should I still use G&W or should I really just cp another stage that Rob could also be used whenever needed? D:
Honestly if you don't like the Falco MU, just go GW on Brinstar. GW doesn't do too hot against Falco either, he can get CG'd and Laser messes him up just as bad since Bucket only takes 3 away, and doesn't kill faster than normal Smash Attacks.

Doesn't pretty much anything and everything beat or at least clash with phantasm? It has awful priority because of the way the hitboxes are generated... or is that only in Melee. Anyway, I definitely agree. Falco is pretty bad for ROB. I always get hit by reverse laser BDACUS. Are Falco's legs invincible at any point during his USmash? I usually try to hit with DSmash first because of how fast it comes out but I always eat a hit. Or maybe I just react too slowly. But yeah, what stingers said... try to outjuggle Falco. His ground game definitely wrecks us but I've always felt ROB does pretty good in the air in general.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't have any trouble against Falco with G&W. I actually feel very comfortable in the MU, probably my most played MU for him and so on. Also, for bucket, keep in mind bucket kills Falco about the same % as his smashes, except Oil Panic is a frame 1 move with the range of Falcos shine, don't underestimate it.

And yes, phantasms priority sucks, but the first 1/3 is invincible and if done from like after a normally shielded laser it's a lot harder to catch.

Drake12

Smash Ace
I remember thinking it was -2 except hearing a few people say it was -1 :/
In my experience the MU revolves around if ROB can gimp falco, if you can get the right lasers to connect then you can get some nice early gimps, gyro is pretty helpful as well when falco is offstage.

8Bitman

Smash Master
When Falco is off the Stage I don't have a problem. It is when Falco is on the completely other side of the Stage that I have trouble with. He out camps us due to Shine, so I have to approach.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Right, I find the MU different, not -2 worthy. Approaching is always something unique then laser/gyro spam. Idk, maybe I'm just playing someone who doesn't do the MU properly, but I find falco really easy to gimp, not the best at killing, and can just get ftilted when you hit that range...I'm feeling -1 but I'm sure you guys know better then I would.

Top Bottom