• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ROB Matchup Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'm saying in situations where it becomes a camp fest, or he's avoiding you - obviously you need to play this aggressive

However playing aggressive puts you more susceptible to problems 2 and 3

tilts don't really beat grab, i don't know why some still think this, not to mention there is a shield lol

his kill moves can hit you from the ground just as easily as the air. if he shields any tilt he can usmash you out of it most of the time.
just recalling, didnt you beat brood at apex 2010? i dunno if its just *** playstyle. but seeing as he finished 2nd, yet you beat him with rob, surely it cant be that bad?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
sorry, this MU is horrible for rob, his camp game is destroyed, his approach game is garbage, his spacing game isn't good enough, he gets juggled like LOL, and can't juggle a good oli for ****. Also, olimar takes advantage of every stage better than ROB. I could go into more detail, but trust me, -2 MU EASILY!
Mayhaps I'll have to be ***** by you to see it.
I'll seek you out at APEX or whenever we'll be at the same event.
In my head, I'm just not seeing it. At least, not as bad as you and some others are making it out to be.
I do agree that we're an easy target when airborne, but I can't see you staying on my a**.
I do agree that you have more advantages on stages than we do.
But I just don't see it by a wide margin, if any.
You might be able to sway me to -0.5 if anything lol.

But yeah, play me at APEX or SiiS6 if you'll be there.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
ok, let me ask you this, im spacing upair, upsmashes, uptilts, nairs, and pivot grabs, including charged smashes and delayed attacks to bait out airdodges, if you airdodge my upair, you can't punish it and have to get hit by another move. How do you land?

Nintenpro

Smash Apprentice
When you play ROB you know how to land :v

And you can say that for every characters ... so Olimar only has +2 MU :awesome:

Your up-B is slow, puts you into the air, and is actually a move that leaves rob open to punishment to olimar
Our upB isn't slow, and Olimar only has 2 jumps.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Your up-B is slow, puts you into the air, and is actually a move that leaves rob open to punishment to olimar
invincible on startup, only for a few frames, but enough to help
but yes, your right. olimar has us in one hell of a checkmate if were directly above him, no argueing that
i made a wall of post on the last page XD retreat to the ledge asap would be my option

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I read the wall. The thing is, your assuming you can even get into olimar's range at the perfect spacings, also, you lack mixups. Also, if you go to the edge, i can fsmash you, up-B, fair, or run off up air.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
just recalling, didnt you beat brood at apex 2010? i dunno if its just *** playstyle. but seeing as he finished 2nd, yet you beat him with rob, surely it cant be that bad?
Then you would think I know it best lol

Even though I snagged that win, I really abused his lack of matchup knowledge.

He learned a lot as each game went on. Both games started off with me getting an early lead then him catching up and almost winning, but I pulled it out in the end both games.

invincible on startup, only for a few frames, but enough to help
but yes, your right. olimar has us in one hell of a checkmate if were directly above him, no argueing that
i made a wall of post on the last page XD retreat to the ledge asap would be my option
did you just say rob's upB is invincible on startup?? @_@

Heartstring

Smash Legend
see this is why i try to not theorycraft, i end up spewing things which i know dont work XD

yeah, we still cant do jack all about a lot of your stuff, i jsut seem to do really well vs. olimar, ill give you a few angerlies at apex, i expect to get wrecked XD

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
I'm pretty sure ROB's up B has 1 frame of invincibility when used on the ground, that won't help us get out of anything.
Wasn't it 4? Wished it could apply in the air too! D=

Oh well, discussing is just bullsh*t anyway, it's how you play the MU IRL that "counts".

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I remember reading somewhere it's only one frame. 4 frames would almost be MK/Marth status without a hitbox, and that sounds too good to be true.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
ok, let me ask you this, im spacing upair, upsmashes, uptilts, nairs, and pivot grabs, including charged smashes and delayed attacks to bait out airdodges, if you airdodge my upair, you can't punish it and have to get hit by another move. How do you land?
So would you say that Olimar juggles ROB harder than MK and/or Marth?

did you just say rob's upB is invincible on startup?? @_@
Old news, cheebz.
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=145799

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm no frame master or anything, I just thought I remember hearing it being 1 frame of invincibility. It probably hasn't been verified, but I can ask someone I know to check for me.

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
Olimar doesn't seem too bad honestly.
Of all the Oli's I've played, granted, none of them are on Dabuz' level, I have beaten.
Occasionally handily I might add.
:rob:

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
MK is the master of juggling, and R.O.B. isn't an exception either... You get like 60 % before you actually can land, or at least, a good Meta Knight should be able to rack up damage easily, especially in the air. It's crazy. >_>

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Alright, I asked Kirk what frames ROB has invincibility, and he told me frames 2-4 are invincible, so ROB has 3 frames of invincibility on his up B.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
last tourney I went to, I lost to Overswarm in a ditto lolz.

I have too much fun with them.
like it's too cute or something
/johnz

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, i hate ditto's, no matter who im using. playing the spacing game doesnt work on characters with the same tools XD

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
He was camping hard.
I decided to go aggro.
First game was last hit, we both went for Nair, but mine landed xD

Second Game.
Umm. Yeah. I lived till 206% on my first stock and he was on his last.
I had never had a ditto before ever hahaha.
I'll try and get those replays up soon.

Top Bottom