• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
OK everyone, I'm going to show the size comparison between Ridley and Charizard on gamefaqs, how do you think they will react?
They'll most likely disregard it. The only example we have of Charizard's shadow on Pyrosphere is on the FD version, and we all know that it's somewhat shorter in length compared to the original.

I think the best way to determine Ridley's size from the shadow by this point is to use either Bowser or Mother Brain.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
They'll most likely disregard it. The only example we have of Charizard's shadow on Pyrosphere is on the FD version, and we all know that it's somewhat shorter in length compared to the original.

I think the best way to determine Ridley's size from the shadow by this point is to use either Bowser or Mother Brain.
Mother Brain has a shadow? I wonder why Keldeo doesn't.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
92A571_0D97953076FA2_000.gif

-Future Villain Talk-

lil Ridley: "So what's our plan, Shen?"

lil Shen: "Conquer the World!"

lil Ridley: "And the whole Universe!"

lil Shen: "Yeah!"

Birdie: "Big bro is playing with him and not me...again...it's not fair."

Ridley/Shen: "AND EVERYONE SHALL BOW BEFORE US!"

Another of little Ridley's BFFs, Shen.

-u- I did this out of boredom...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
View attachment 16739
-Future Villain Talk-

lil Ridley: "So what's our plan, Shen?"

lil Shen: "Conquer the World!"

lil Ridley: "And the whole Universe!"

lil Shen: "Yeah!"

Birdie: "Big bro is playing with him and not me...again...it's not fair."

Ridley/Shen: "AND EVERYONE SHALL BOW BEFORE US!"

Another of little Ridley's BFFs, Shen.

-u- I did this out of boredom...
Looks cut- Wait...WHAT?! Roidley didn`t even EXISTED at that time!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So rewatched the Metroid Prime opening and I swear Ridley smiles there, its just for brief moment when he looks at his talons but I swear he smiles.

Can anyone confirm this for me? I swear that he smiles a sadistic smile.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
We have to get to 1000 before Ridley is revealed, no matter what his fate is

an unnecessary amount of replies to this post should help :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So rewatched the Metroid Prime opening and I swear Ridley smiles there, its just for brief moment when he looks at his talons but I swear he smiles.

His model just CAN`T do that as far as i know, so, its just because of the camera angle.

Also, i found this video:
Its name isn`t fitting because its 2 Ridleys anyway...

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Oh, dem shadow comparisons. There's just no way around them.

I don't know what to think about the shadow anymore haha. Sometimes I still find it to look too big, sometimes it looks workable. If this is a real trolling attempt (which I, and we all of course, think it is) I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to use a Super Mushroom or whatever to make Ridley seem huge.

Jigglypuff & Luma

Smash Cadet
We have to get to 1000 before Ridley is revealed, no matter what his fate is

an unnecessary amount of replies to this post should help :p
considering the kinds of posts you can see from previous pages, I would not get surprised if this thread exceeds 1100 pages and eventually becomes too big before Ridley is revealed as anything.

Kamiko

Smash Ace

That's just kind of how he looks in that game. It's like that all the time, not just the beginning.

considering the kinds of posts you can see from previous pages, I would not get surprised if this thread exceeds 1100 pages and eventually becomes too big before Ridley is revealed as anything.
This thread was too big the moment Oasis typed "Ridley" into the new thread title box.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
How many pages does a topic need to be closed? This is the largest I've ever seen on a forum by the way.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Either way, that cutscene at beginning demonstrates alot of Ridleys personality to me, I built my headcanon of that and apparently its farely accurate to his manga appearance.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Now I'm curious? Maybe we will have to wait until 3000 since Ridley is that big, he should fit in more then usual

Hong

The Strongest
Glitching? What kind of glitching?
I just thought the topic would be come too heavy to be load and that was it.
I haven't seen much of it, though the social thread had some loading issues when it became too Ridley.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
when it became too Ridley.

...Nope, still not too Ridley to be Ridley.
This is a pretty lame joke.
Right?
No?
Okay then...

What will happen if there will be too much users posting too much and if this thread will have too much pages (OVER 1000 for example)?

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest

...Nope, still not too Ridley to be Ridley.
This is a pretty lame joke.
Right?
No?
Okay then...

What will happen if there will be too much users posting too much and if this thread will have too much pages (OVER 1000 for example)?
If it becomes an issue on our server, we'll simply make a continuity thread. I don't see this happening so I wouldn't worry. :)

majora_787

Smash Hero
I still can't get over the mental image of Ridley turning himself into a chibi and going back in time to the future? To antagonize his baby self clone.

That seems like something he'd do. As awesome as Ridley is let's be real, he's kind of a ****.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, now I want this thread to reach 2000 pages :shades:
Btw, when was Brawl released in Japan? I found the old Ridley threads, I want to check everyone's reaction

majora_787

Smash Hero
January 31st.

Also I'm just going to throw this out there since it was made relevant: Am I the only one HAPPY that Ridley's aging process makes him more alien?

inb4 no, everyone wanted Ridley to literally be nothing but a dragon in space :c

D

Deleted member

January 31st.

Also I'm just going to throw this out there since it was made relevant: Am I the only one HAPPY that Ridley's aging process makes him more alien?

inb4 no, everyone wanted Ridley to literally be nothing but a dragon in space :c
Of 2008, right? I wasn't around here.
Btw, was this the last Ridley thread before his deconfirmation? It's weird to see so many users that supported Ridley back there and don't even show up in the forums anymore
EDIT: Wait, they banned Ridley threads, someone could explain why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
His model just CAN`T do that as far as i know, so, its just because of the camera angle.

Also, i found this video:
Its name isn`t fitting because its 2 Ridleys anyway...
Why does Ridley sound like Garland? Lol

Basically what happens past 2000 is the page display becomes really messed up, and phantom pages start popping up. It's really not that bad, but it's quite annoying.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Of 2008, right? I wasn't around here.
Btw, was this the last Ridley thread before his deconfirmation? It's weird to see so many users that supported Ridley back there and don't even show up in the forums anymore
EDIT: Wait, they banned Ridley threads, someone could explain why?
They sure did. The fire coming out of the thread made all of the mods afraid of the potential fire hazard so they shut the whole thing down. :p I was there for that. Good times.

EDIT: Guys I'm scared. It's weird reading posts from when I was like. Twelve. And supported Geno.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
January 31st.

Well, to be fair Ridley isn't just a dragon in space, he's a radioactive pirate zombie robot mutant space dragon by the time he's Omega Ridley. If you count his invisibility in Super Metroid, he's a ninja too.
But yeah, fluffy birdley didn't really feel necessary to me, and I don't really like to imagine that there was a time when Ridley was cute.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
They sure did. The fire coming out of the thread made all of the mods afraid of the potential fire hazard so they shut the whole thing down. :p I was there for that. Good times.

EDIT: Guys I'm scared. It's weird reading posts from when I was like. Twelve. And supported Geno.
Its Ok, Twelvies always do what they want, its because they are 12.:troll:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Well, to be fair Ridley isn't just a dragon in space, he's a radioactive pirate zombie robot mutant space dragon by the time he's Omega Ridley. If you count his invisibility in Super Metroid, he's a ninja too.
But yeah, fluffy birdley didn't really feel necessary to me, and I don't really like to imagine that there was a time when Ridley was cute.
Ridley's still cute

In the whole "I'll kill you and your parents and make you suffer" sort of way.

He just needs a hug.

Last edited:
Top Bottom