• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So does anybody want to explain how they would represent Metroid in the Smash series?

No?

Okay...I'll just leave the room now.:(

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
So does anybody want to explain how they would represent Metroid in the Smash series?

No?

You have to remember that some of us Ridley supporters aren't fans of Metroid itself. I do like the franchise, but I've only played the first 20 minutes or so of Super Metroid so I can't give an actual input for the matter. I will say there'd definitely be more then Bulborbs in Smash Run though if I had my way Pikmin-wise...

D

Deleted member

No?

64: Playable-Samus; Stage-Tourian
Melee: Playabel-Samus; Stage- Brinstar Depths(gotta love Kraid)
Brawl: Playable-Samus, Ridley; Stage- Norfair; AT- Dark Samus, THE BABY
Wii U/3DS: Playable-Samus, Ridley, Kraid(because bias); Stage- Pyrosphere(because I have no other ideas)(Wii U), SR388(3DS)(is the name right?); AT- Dark Samus, THE BABY, Sylux

majora_787

Smash Hero
I really don't have much to say. We have Samus, I want Ridley, I'd REALLY love a stage from the Prime series (most likely Prime Hunters), and that's about it. And I AM a fan of the franchise.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Smash 64: Samus
Smash Melee: Samus
Smash Brawl: Samus, ZS Samus, Dark Samus, Weavel, Ridley
Smash Wii U: Samus, ZS Samus, Dark Samus, Weavel, Ridley, Anthony

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I think this could be a quite good Metroid SSB4 representation prediction:

Playable characters:
Samus, ZSS, Ridley (if Ridley's not playable I'm calling there will be another Metroid newcomer ... after all those ATs)

Assist trophies:
Metroid, Mother Brain, Dark Samus, Anthony and/or Adam

Items:
Skrew Attack, Power Bomb (after that Smash Run thing), (something else?)

SR enemies:
Metroid, Geemer, Reo, Kihunter, Skree, Zebesians and/or Prime space pirates, (surely something else)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

No?

64: Samus
Melee: Samus
Brawl: Samus and Ridley (wouldn't have added Meta Knight in Brawl)
SSB4: Samus, Ridley, and Dark Samus/Adam?

I don't think I would've thought to use Zero Suit Samus.

D

Deleted member

I think this could be a quite good Metroid SSB4 representation prediction:

Playable characters:
Samus, ZSS, Ridley (if Ridley's not playable I'm calling there will be another Metroid newcomer ... after all those ATs)

Assist trophies:
Metroid, Mother Brain, Dark Samus, Anthony and/or Adam

Items:
Skrew Attack, Power Bomb (after that Smash Run thing), (something else?)

SR enemies:
Metroid, Geemer, Reo, Kihunter, Skree, Zebesians and/or Prime space pirates, (surely something else)
The problem though, no one is getting before him, the second most important characters after Ridley are ATs. inb4 anthony

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

No?

It's hard for me to think about something different other than what I'm seeing because I like what I'm seeing.
Anyway:

Playable characters: Samus/Zamus (like Brawl), Ridley, Anthony Higgs
Stages: Phendrana, Meridia, Elysia, Pyrosphere
Items: Grappling Hook, Screw Attack, Energy Tank, Giga Bomb
Assist Trophy: Mother Brain, Metroid, Rundas, Adam Malkovich, Dark Samus

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
The problem though, no one is getting before him, the second most important characters after Ridley are ATs. inb4 anthony
I know Ridley deserves to be playable before everyone but you know ... his chances are 50/50 and he deserved to be playable in brawl ... and we got ZSS ...
I'm NOT saying he's not going to be playable, I only did a realistic prediction
we're going to get a Metroid newcomer ... Ridley or someone else

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I know Ridley deserves to be playable before everyone but you know ... his chances are 50/50 and he deserved to be playable in brawl ... and we got ZSS ...
I'm NOT saying he's not going to be playable, I only did a realistic prediction
we're going to get a Metroid newcomer ... Ridley or someone else
Who else from the Metroid series is there though, really? Sylux? Rundas? Anthony? Toon Samus?
The last one doesn't exist, but still better than Adam. Or the BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Who else from the Metroid series is there though, really? Sylux? Rundas? Anthony? Toon Samus?
The last one doesn't exist, but still better than Adam. Or the BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY
I don't know I'm not Sakurai
as I said before I'm only doing a quite realistic prediction
AND I KNOW RIDLEY MUST BE PLAYBLE ... HE'S MY MOST WANTED CHARACTER

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Just gonna barge right in here and ask, has anyone equated Ridley being playable to Andross being playable yet? I won't do it, although I am a "detractor," but I'm wondering if anyone has brought that thought up yet. It's got to have crossed someone else's mind other than mine, big boys. ;)

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Just gonna barge right in here and ask, has anyone equated Ridley being playable to Andross being playable yet? I won't do it, although I am a "detractor," but I'm wondering if anyone has brought that thought up yet. It's got to have crossed someone else's mind other than mine, big boys. ;)
Andross has hands to grab the ledge, and that's good enough for me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
For Metroid representation I'd just have added Ridley in Brawl and called it a day. Every other Metroid character besides these two aren't going to have a big future in the franchise itself, so they're not really worth having in Smash as they'd end up as eventual cuts anyways. I'd probably have made different and more faithful stage representation throughout it all too, maybe also some better items than just Screw Attack, but aside from that it's good.

D

Deleted member

For Metroid representation I'd just have added Ridley in Brawl and called it a day. Every other Metroid character besides these two aren't going to have a big future in the franchise itself, so they're not really worth having in Smash as they'd end up as eventual cuts anyways. I'd probably have made different and more faithful stage representation throughout it all too, maybe also some better items than just Screw Attack, but aside from that it's good.
This is basically the reason why no one besides Ridley is getting in, why care to make a fighter that will be cut/replaced eventually instead of the one who is always going to be in the new games and can have his data copy pasted to the next game?

majora_787

Smash Hero
The issue with Andross isn't any issue Ridley has. Andross is shown as a floating head with hands. Unless he is appearing in the upcoming Star Fox game in person. he doesn't really have a body "too big" or otherwise. So the only issue would be making a body for Andross to actually use.

Ridley has a body and can be resized to work. And... that's basically the end of that.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
The issue with Andross isn't any issue Ridley has. Andross is shown as a floating head with hands. Unless he is appearing in the upcoming Star Fox game in person. he doesn't really have a body "too big" or otherwise. So the only issue would be making a body for Andross to actually use.

Ridley has a body and can be resized to work. And... that's basically the end of that.
Heck, who says he needs a body. Just make his head about Bowser big, make him suffer knockback the same as anyone else, keep his hands in the back/foreground like Ridley's wings, and there you go, playable Andross.

Ridley for Star Fox Wii U (actually that would be legit awesome)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Heck, who says he needs a body. Just make his head about Bowser big, make him suffer knockback the same as anyone else, keep his hands in the back/foreground like Ridley's wings, and there you go, playable Andross.

Ridley for Star Fox Wii U (actually that would be legit awesome)
I just think he'd be better off with one, since the best and most creative concepts for Andross usually involved him having a body and using sort of additional floating disembodied hands and other things. But anything can work I guess.

Hong

The Strongest
Hey, Toon Samus would be really cute.

But I suppose Mii Fighter Gunner already could kind of do that.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
People generally don't raise fits about characters such as Sheik, Jigglypuff, Ike, and Lucario, and yet they're all veterans who rarely, if ever, make new appearances in their series. I agree that Metroid is starved for truly recurring characters to represent Smash, but that doesn't mean that I can't support Dark Samus to be playable. She represents the Metroid Prime sub series, which revived Metroid from its dormancy and helped it reach the height of its popularity in the 2000s.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People generally don't raise fits about characters such as Sheik, Jigglypuff, Ike, and Lucario, and yet they're all veterans who rarely, if ever, make new appearances in their series. I agree that Metroid is starved for truly recurring characters to represent Smash, but that doesn't mean that I can't support Dark Samus to be playable. She represents the Metroid Prime sub series, which revived Metroid from its dormancy and helped it reach the height of its popularity in the 2000s.
Sheik was part of Zelda's moveset, Jigglypuff and Lucario just got more relevant in Gen 6, Ike appeared in Awakening's DLC(just like Marth)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I literally can't see the correlation between Ridley and Andross. Besides, we already have Wolf for the "antagonist" rep.

Sheik was part of Zelda's moveset, Jigglypuff and Lucario just got more relevant in Gen 6, Ike appeared in Awakening's DLC(just like Marth)
True. But I don't see how Dark Samus could have been left out of the loop because her last appearance was in Metroid Prime 3, which is just as old as Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. Her AT shows that Sakurai didn't completely forget about the Metroid Prime series.

Last edited:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
I literally can't see the correlation between Ridley and Andross. Besides, we already have Wolf for the "antagonist" rep.
They're both big boys as well as recurring main antagonists of their respective series? Not to mention they also fly and float and try to kill you when you're fighting them, and they both keeping coming back from defeat in different forms, but my primary point rests in the prior sentence.

Last edited:
Top Bottom