• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
If you get to be pissy with me for not liking Fusion, you're giving me a go-ahead to be pissy with everyone any time anyone says anything about Other M. :p Like I said, nobody's obligated to like a bad game. I'm not the exception here.

EDIT: Dios mio, this happened fast. Happy page 800 then??
It's not so much the fact that you dislike Fusion, I can live happily with that. But it's more or less the fact that you deprecate it very frequently. And don't say even one remotely good thing about it.

I dunno, it bothers me.

EDIT: Fixed a typo. Now my post makes sense.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It's not so much the fact that you dislike Fusion, I can't live happily with that. But it's more or less the fact that you deprecate it very frequently. And don't say even one remotely good thing about it.

I dunno, it bothers me.
It bothers me too, but I suppose that is how the Other M fans feel when people keep trashing the game. It can't be helped, though, Other M is trash. :smash:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Did you hear? They're making a Ridley movie this year. Supposed to be a remake of some giant monster movie nobody watched or cares about or something.
I hear they just use his name as the name of the movie too. How unoriginal and boring. I bet it tanks and is out of theaters by the 3rd week

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's not so much the fact that you dislike Fusion, I can't live happily with that. But it's more or less the fact that you deprecate it very frequently. And don't say even one remotely good thing about it.

I dunno, it bothers me.
I don't say anything good about it because the only good thing I found about it was that Samus was in it. I don't demand people agree with me on it. I bring it up when it's relevant, i.e. a discussion of 3DS metroid stages where everyone is going "OH MY GOD WE NEED FUSION STAGES" and I'm sitting here thinking, 'Hunters was the last handheld game. What about that?'. And really, I really don't see the issue with me not liking Fusion for being bad when I think in the last four years, I've maybe complained about people whining about Other M being bad five times or so.

Do you want me to lie about Fusion to appease you? I can, but I can guarantee it will get even more obnoxious even more quickly.

EDIT: "It can't be helped, Other M IS trash."

Throwing it out there, literally how I feel about Fusion. The wonderful world of opinions.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm convinced. The Ridley thread is a living thing that just grows pages from its body by budding. It eats and grows like Ridley himself.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Aww, I missed page 800. Anyways, there was something I wanted to point out:
I quote my self because nobody seems to react xD And i give you a little picture to show you my idea

Hmmm...Looking back at this stage, I think we can put four Ridley shadows on the stage and there would still be more than enough space to move around on it. And if the Ridley shadow was actually jumping near the end of the clip, it was probably moving towards the left platforms.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Aww, I missed page 800. Anyways, there was something I wanted to point out:

Hmmm...Looking back at this stage, I think we can put four Ridley shadows on the stage and there would still be more than enough space to move around on it. And if the Ridley shadow was actually jumping near the end of the clip, it was probably moving towards the left platforms.
Especially since I think if the shadow was in the top right, Ridley was already haflway across the stage from the right platforms and moving left.

To be totally honest, I don't think Ridley COULD have grabbed Pikachu if he was above and off to the left. No real reason I'm saying that, just throwing it out there.

Last edited:

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
Darn, the direct killed my hope of Ridley being in the game but you guys keep rekindling it!
Stop giving me false hope!
:160:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Wait---we're slowing down. We'll never get to page eleventy-billion at this rate! If this thread isn't big enough to carry Ridley to E3 by Tuesday, it'll be our fault he's not there!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I don't say anything good about it because the only good thing I found about it was that Samus was in it. I don't demand people agree with me on it. I bring it up when it's relevant, i.e. a discussion of 3DS metroid stages where everyone is going "OH MY GOD WE NEED FUSION STAGES" and I'm sitting here thinking, 'Hunters was the last handheld game. What about that?'. And really, I really don't see the issue with me not liking Fusion for being bad when I think in the last four years, I've maybe complained about people whining about Other M being bad five times or so.

Do you want me to lie about Fusion to appease you? I can, but I can guarantee it will get even more obnoxious even more quickly.

Throwing it out there, literally how I feel about Fusion. The wonderful world of opinions.
Who has been saying we need Fusion stages? What would they be? Sector 1? The big room where you fight the SA-X? I like Fusion but I can't think of a part of the game that screams "THIS WOULD BE AWESOME AS A SMASH BROS STAGE". I DO think there should be a Tallon IV mobile stage where they visit all the areas of the planet in the style of the F-Zero stage in Brawl. I thought that would be cool. Quadraxis' battle arena would be awesome, and maybe they make it so there's a light beacon in the middle of the stage and you take damage from the dark world atmosphere outside the stage (if you jump too high or get knocked pretty far) and Quadraxis would be a boss and you had to knock out his weak points (knees and then his head) and his body could be exploded as an extra hazard. Those two stages would be incredible, and Pyrosphere is the only stage from Other M I could think of, and that's in too!

majora_787

Smash Hero
I know I wouldn't mind seeing the part of the Defense Outpost where you fight Sylux being a stage, having an icy floor with walk-off edges and occasionally the Delano 7 would fly down over the open ceiling and fire a few missiles at fighters before leaving, or Sylux's Lockjaw would come rolling around and set up bomb triangles. That'd probably be the stage I'd love to see the most on the 3DS.

EDIT: I would love a Prime stage that features Quadraxis not even as a boss, but as a bizarre hazard where he moves around from the background to the foreground as a platform and alternating between phases. Sort of like Megaleg, but not quite. I have no idea how to articulate what I'm talking about with thix one. xD

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I know I wouldn't mind seeing the part of the Defense Outpost where you fight Sylux being a stage, having an icy floor with walk-off edges and occasionally the Delano 7 would fly down over the open ceiling and fire a few missiles at fighters before leaving, or Sylux's Lockjaw would come rolling around and set up bomb triangles. That'd probably be the stage I'd love to see the most on the 3DS.

EDIT: I would love a Prime stage that features Quadraxis not even as a boss, but as a bizarre hazard where he moves around from the background to the foreground as a platform and alternating between phases. Sort of like Megaleg, but not quite. I have no idea how to articulate what I'm talking about with thix one. xD
The Delano 7 was the coolest ship in the series. Another point to Hunters. Sylux and his bomb triangles would be hard to replicate in Brawl's camera perspective, but I think that'd be an interesting gimmick. Also, I get what you're saying, it would be cool to climb up Quaddy, and maybe he shoots Annihilator beam at certain players once he locks on, like the cannon on Halberd but it tracks a lot better, forcing the targeted player to roll-dodge it. He targets several players and then goes back to the background, with light beacons on his legs that are safe zones, and they make him bigger than he was in-game :troll:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
-u- You know what, I'm really glad I could find a really fun way to calm down a little bit my pure HATRED and RAGE against Roidley and Other M...by making Roidley a silly/stupid/oblivious comedic relief.... :3 good thing that I came up with that idea!

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think it would be possible, but it would have to be done slowly, such as the triangle being formed and flashing before exploding or something to give SOME chance of people escaping the attacks.

For people who might not know or remember, this video at the start has the fight with Sylux I'm talking about. He leads Samus into a room after running around the icy hallways, locks the doors, and the Delano 7 parks over the room to fire missiles at the fighters.

Maybe it could be disabled by attacking it, or otherwise function as a platform or something? Like a mobile version of the Great Fox's laser. I dunno.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

I have an idea, how about with the Metroid Prime: Hunters stage, the one-shot hunters can be the stage hazards. Meanwhile, Ridley can be playable, thus justice is done.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Only 23 pages away from the main character discussion thread, gonna love where this is going. :yeahboi:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I have an idea, how about with the Metroid Prime: Hunters stage, the one-shot hunters can be the stage hazards. Meanwhile, Ridley can be playable, thus justice is done.
I'm trying to think of notable places where hunters are fought. There is the bridge on Arcterra where Trace is fought iirc (Unless that was Noxus), the icy room where Sylux ambushes you with the Delano 7, or that one round room with a lower level, an indoor bridge, and short walls for cover where Kanden is first fought. There are a few noteworthy areas where hunters could make good cameos as stage bosses or hazards.

EDIT: I looked it up, seems like the Arcterra bridge is where Noxus is fought the first time.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

It's alright if you dislike a game and state why believe so. But you keep bashing about it EVERY GODDAMN TIME it's brought up. Like, it's getting really old.

Also, most of us bring up that a Fusion stage might be in because, well, it's part of the main series. A Hunter's stage would be cool too, though I believe that game is non-canon? I dunno, was it?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Like I said. I don't go off every time anyone whines about Other M, which got old *two years* ago. I keep it to myself 99% of the time. I'm just saying. :\

And Hunters was canon. It took place between Prime 1 and Prime 2.

Also looking it up, the Arcterra Bridge was both Noxus AND Trace. Samus meets Noxus there on the first visit to Arcterra, and on her way off of Arcterra with an octolith Trace ambushes her in the same location as she makes her escape. I know Weavel's first encounter is really uninteresting. Spire's was too. The Alinos Gateway is probably a better place for him to appear, being largely composed of a lava floor, sinking platforms, with one smaller central safe area and possibly Spire making things difficult.

But there are some things that could go down and be pretty cool based around the Hunters' initial boss appearances.

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Like I said. I don't go off every time anyone whines about Other M, which got old *two years* ago. I keep it to myself 99% of the time. I'm just saying. :\

And Hunters was canon. It took place between Prime 1 and Prime 2.

Also looking it up, the Arcterra Bridge was both Noxus AND Trace. Samus meets Noxus there on the first visit to Arcterra, and on her way off of Arcterra with an octolith Trace ambushes her in the same location as she makes her escape.
People will go off about Other M until another Metroid game releases and it's really good. No exceptions.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
A Hunters stage would be excellent. How about Gorea's chamber? In the game that's where all the hunters meet (and lose their powers) so that could allow all of them to make an appearance and attack players.

majora_787

Smash Hero
People will go off about Other M until another Metroid game releases and it's really good. No exceptions.
My point stands, I deal with other people not liking games. That's not some ridiculous taxing effort on my part most of the time like it is on Gamefaqs. :Y

EDIT: Weavel's fight location isn't a good stage, he can just cameo in a different Hunters stage dressed up like Geno. Everyone wins.

EDIT 2: Gorea I think would be an interesting stage boss, but I'm not sure. Oubliette seems a bit too end-game to be a Metroid stage. Though I've been wrong before about things like that. :p

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yup. 3D or 2D, we just need a new Metroid game that isn't terrible and doesn't try to completely ruin the characters we grew to love (like Samus).
NINTENDO DOESN'T OWN GENO. THE RIGHTS ARE TO SQUARE ENIX. You can want Geno in, it will never happen. Keep dreaming.
As far as I know, Nintendo doesn't own Sonic, Mega Man and Snake either.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
NINTENDO DOESN'T OWN GENO. THE RIGHTS ARE TO SQUARE ENIX. You can want Geno in, it will never happen. Keep dreaming.
NINTENDO DOESN'T OWN SNAKE. THE RIGHTS ARE TO KONAMI. You can want Snake in, it will never happen. Keep dreaming.

NINTENDO DOESN'T OWN SONIC. THE RIGHTS ARE TO SEGA. You can want Sonic in, it will never happen. Keep dreaming.

NINTENDO DOESN'T OWN MEGA MAN. THE RIGHTS ARE TO CAPCOM. You can want Mega Man in, it will never happen. Keep dreaming.

So on and so forth. Such a pessimist. Go somewhere else, pessimist.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Geno is the mascot of Square? Well that's an interesting decision. Ridley really will be in Smash Bros. after all. :awesome: (I had to.)

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
My point stands, I deal with other people not liking games. That's not some ridiculous taxing effort on my part most of the time like it is on Gamefaqs. :Y

EDIT: Weavel's fight location isn't a good stage, he can just cameo in a different Hunters stage dressed up like Geno. Everyone wins.
I'm one of Other M's most critical detractors, but even hearing someone else swear their lungs out about it kinda irks me. Like, not everything about the game is terrible, but it is a terrible Metroid game. Opinions will always be there and most people's won't change. People don't like Super or Metroid Prime too, you know. It's strange like that.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm one of Other M's most critical detractors, but even hearing someone else swear their lungs out about it kinda irks me. Like, not everything about the game is terrible, but it is a terrible Metroid game. Opinions will always be there and most people's won't change. People don't like Super or Metroid Prime too, you know. It's strange like that.
I really do not care that people don't like it, because it has issues. But my god whenever someone mentions it and begins whining, especially when it's OMHM whining where people go off for half an hour about something that isn't an actual legitimate problem OR something that's flat out untrue, then my god do I just get less interested in talking to them really quickly. I got tired of listening to it years ago. But I just try to ignore it and hope it goes away on its own so we can actually have a more forward conversation.

You know. About Ridley. Or butts. Or Ridley butts. I have no idea. That's a normal conversation direction for this thread, right?

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Somehow I bet I'll go to bed tonight and by the time E3 happens on Tuesday, we'll have 900 pages. If it happens, I'm not reading any of it. I'm just saying.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yup. 3D or 2D, we just need a new Metroid game that isn't terrible and doesn't try to completely ruin the characters we grew to love (like Samus).

As far as I know, Nintendo doesn't own Sonic, Mega Man and Snake either.
As far as I know, Nintendo owns Ridley; so that is all that is relevant to me.

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
NINTENDO DOESN'T OWN SNAKE. THE RIGHTS ARE TO KONAMI. You can want Snake in, it will never happen. Keep dreaming.

NINTENDO DOESN'T OWN SONIC. THE RIGHTS ARE TO SEGA. You can want Sonic in, it will never happen. Keep dreaming.

NINTENDO DOESN'T OWN MEGA MAN. THE RIGHTS ARE TO CAPCOM. You can want Mega Man in, it will never happen. Keep dreaming.

So on and so forth. Such a pessimist. Go somewhere else, pessimist.
You're such an idiot. Nintendo and Square Enix made Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars. Nintendo owns all Mario characters, and Square owns Geno. FF isn't on Nintendo systems anymore, it's on PS. Square Enix and Nintendo are no LONGER affiliated. They OWN Geno, he WONT be in, and it would be a pain to get the copyright back. Keep dreaming, pessimist.

Top Bottom