• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

lilt

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, he was not necessarily incompetent. The first portion of his post was just his opinion, after that, his erroneous Ganondorf/Dark Samus comparison was the only misguided sentiment.
Yep, the first part was comprehensible and I intended to give you an overview of the conversation with it.
That's why I just marked the part with Dark Samus. I'm not like "uh he says Ridley won't be playable, so he's automatically a moron". I always try to be impartial. ;)

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I dunno, I stopped taking them seriously when they started going "But Metroid is SERIOUS, so it would look RIDICULOUS to have Ridley shrunken down". In my experience, it's more likely that Nephenee would be in Super Smash Bros. than it would be for something actually well thought out to follow that kind of declaration.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yep, the first part was comprehensible and intended to give you an overview of the conversation. That's why I just marked the part with Dark Samus. I'm not like "uh he says Ridley won't be playable, so he's automatically a moron". I always try to be impartial
Of course, I can respect that; however, I; apparently unlike others, do not necessarily take amusement in criticizing someone's comment from afar. As I evaluated, I am certain that the only fallacious perspective attributable to the individual would be the fabricated correlation between Ganon and Dark Samus (which was an obvious result of misinformation). I suppose I did not take amusement, do not mind me though.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
There needs to be Omega Cucco and Cucco Queen in the next Zelda game.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but if Ridley's playable and revealed at E3, I'll be really disappointed in the localization team if they don't work a size joke into his reveal tagline.

Something like 'Ridley makes his BIG debut' or something.

Staarih

Smash Master
I seriously can't believe how close we are to knowing Ridley's fate. At least we'd better get to know it, we've waited for so long!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ugh, I know you dislike Fusion, but this is getting getting irksome.

Anyhow, if we get a Fusion stage, it should be Sector 4.

Electrical water is the best lava/acid.
Sector 6 could also be really cool, add some kind of darkness gimmick to it perhaps since it's practically a zoo for nocturnal creatures. Perhaps have the frozen X-Parasites there if you want some fun stage hazards, or if the 3DS gets stage bosses add that Security Drone.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I seriously can't believe how close we are to knowing Ridley's fate. At least we'd better get to know it, we've waited for so long!
It is still difficult to fathom that we are so close, I am still in my "unawareness stage," it seems like I could still wait for months and months on end. That might change Monday or something.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but if Ridley's playable and revealed at E3, I'll be really disappointed in the localization team if they don't work a size joke into his reveal tagline.

Something like 'Ridley makes his BIG debut' or something.
I'd be okay with a reference to an old metroid password :
"Ridley engage the fight motherfu**** !"

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Sector 6 could also be really cool, add some kind of darkness gimmick to it perhaps since it's practically a zoo for nocturnal creatures. Perhaps have the frozen X-Parasites there if you want some fun stage hazards, or if the 3DS gets stage bosses add that Security Drone.
You have a VERY interesting definition of "fun".

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
-u- Another day of randomness in this thread....I love it!
S2A571_0D6FBF1F4A042_001.gif

"Yes, indeed..."

Rids stuff for later....

Last edited:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Of course, I can respect that; however, I; apparently unlike others, do not necessarily take amusement in criticizing someone's comment from afar. As I evaluated, I am certain that the only fallacious perspective attributable to the individual would be the fabricated correlation between Ganon and Dark Samus (which was an obvious result of misinformation). I suppose I did not take amusement, do not mind me though.
Ouch, you make me feel like a bad person. Now, I see your point. In most cases, comments like this are made due to a lack of information. In that regard, I'm not judging him, I really don't. But most people tend to give an opinion about something they have no clue of. Which I don't like to see. However, here's how he explains his thesis:

Ridley's role may be more important than that of Dark Samus, but the relationship between the characters is more important. Dark Samus is a character that originally appeared in some "beast" form much like ganon and then eventually changed to resemble a form more closely related to the series' protagonist where they could battle on equal terms...Dark Samus is not to be confused with something like Dark Link, Dark Samus is more like Ganondorf than anything else...and therefore should have a role as a playable character. And ridley's role has never been the most important of any metroid game...the orignals he was overshadowed by mother brain, prime games he was over shadowed by Metroid Prime/dark samus, fusion he was overshadowed by the SA-X.

D

Deleted member

For a 3DS Metroid stage, anything with Kraid, be it Brinstar Depths or him as a Stage Boss, I just love the big guy

Valyoda

Smash Rookie
NNID
Valyoda
3DS FC
3926-5392-9281
I would like to point something about Ridley and the platforms in Pyrosphere (there is two left and two right). We have seen that Ridley takes Pikachu. So, that means he flies near the ground (I guess). If he is really a boss in the stage, would he fly just between the two platforms ? That would be a thin space for him to fly and that would be buggy if he goes through the platforms.

Reila

I agree, but personally I would prefer a stage based on Sector 5:

Ouch, you make me feel like a bad person
That is very common around here. :laugh:

Morbi

Scavenger
Ouch, you make me feel like a bad person. Now, I see your point. In most cases, comments like this are made due to a lack of information. In that regard, I'm not judging him, I really don't. But most people tend to give an opinion about something they have no clue of. Which I don't like to see. However, here's how he explains his thesis:
I suppose; at the very least, I now comprehend why he compared Dark Samus to Ganon.

D

Deleted member

>Relationship between the characters is more important
Does he know the definition of relationship?
>Overshadowed by MB and Dark Samus
Now, this is just his opinion, he may think their battles were better, something I disagree with MB, I can't say anything about DS since I didn't play MP, *however*, Ridley's role has always been very important while all the other Metroid finall bosses usually just appear at the moment they are fought, Ridley always cause the plot to continue and is the "real" last challenge in SM, because, let's be serious, the fights with Mother Brain are terribly bad :p

Reila

Ooh, and I know who the boss of Sector 5 could be!

It would actually make a lot of sense. I mean, Spear Pillar apparently isn't coming back, so they could give Dialga's "slow motion" mechanic to Nightmare.

Last edited:

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
Posting this hoping it's the first on Page 800. *Fingers crossed*
Nope :awesome:
If Nightmare does anything similar to Palkia or Dialga then No thank You!
Already having nightmare of Palkia as a pokeball Pokemon.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
To be fair, he was not necessarily incompetent. The first portion of his post was just his opinion, after that, his erroneous Ganondorf/Dark Samus comparison was the only misguided sentiment.
Off-topic: Why are you always talking that formal on a videogameforum?? XD

I always have to re-read.

On topic: Omega Ridley's boss stage would be a really cool stage for smash 4 IMO.

Last edited:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
I like how nearly every boss of Metroid Fusion gets spoiled for me, since I never played Fusion until yesterday…:pikachu:

Last edited:
Top Bottom