• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Kameke="majora_787, post: 16826312, member: 65290"]Kamek may not be a boss. Kamek may simply appear as a background character. Background characters and bosses are two different things.

- Bosses in 64 and Melee were nothing more than either altered versions of playable characters, OR Master Hand, who is the final boss of Classic mode. He's a boss, but not a stage hazard because he doesn't wander in during vs matches.

- Bosses in Brawl were all attached to single player story or classic modes and had nothing to do with vs mode.

- Bosses in SSB4 are obviously made to function differently. They operate by a slightly different standard, appearing on stages and attacking the players while they are able to be attacked and destroyed for some sort of benefit. The closest thing we had to this was Birdo in Melee. That is the ONLY character we have had in the series who is comparable to the SSB4 concept of bosses as it has been presented.

Kamek isn't a boss if Kamek doesn't attack the players and isn't able to be defeated for some benefit. Kamek is most likely a background character because all Kamek does is alter the stage and doesn't attack and cannot be attacked.

The cannon claw whatever on the Halberd isn't a boss because it sits in the background and attacks but can't be defeated in any way whatsoever for any benefit.

The distinction is weird but it's there and it's pretty clear.

EDIT: Basically you have to ask yourself some questions. And the answers can overlap.

1. Does the character appear in vs mode matches on a particular stage? If yes, they're a stage hazard. If no, they're not a stage hazard.
2. Does the character attack, and can it be attack and defeated for direct benefit? If yes to both, it's a boss. If no to either half, it's not a boss.

There's nothing here that makes it impossible for the two to overlap.[/quote]
Kamek should have been playable

lilt

Smash Journeyman
I was bored.
Here's how Concept-Artley could look like.
I changed his chest and belly in color and structure.
His shoulders in structure, his wings in color. His eyes are yellow now:

For comparison:

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
What if one of the new items in this game is ridley's baby form, it could be similar to mr. saturn where you throw it and it does not really do anything, think it would be pretty funny item.

majora_787

Smash Hero
What if one of the new items in this game is ridley's baby form, it could be similar to mr. saturn where you throw it and it does not really do anything, think it would be pretty funny item.
More like it'd latch onto someone's face and just kind of chill there for a while and dangle like a bizarre sack of feathers, but yes. Though really I don't think Nintendo wants to promote baby throwing. :p

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
But it grows for very time you throw it and it hits something, and once thrown 5 times is at full size and turns into a stage boss.
Genius :troll:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Besides Samus, Zamus, Ridley, Dark Samus (AT), Mother Brain (AT), the Pyrosphere stage and the unannounced Metroid 3DS stage, do you think there will be any more new reps for the series? Some item, maybe?

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Besides Samus, Zamus, Ridley, Dark Samus (AT), Mother Brain (AT), the Pyrosphere stage and the unannounced Metroid 3DS stage, do you think there will be any more new reps for the series? Some item, maybe?
I always though the idea of a Chozo statue assist trophy would be cool, though unlikely.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I'd like to see Brinstar depths returning from melee on the Wii U just to see Kraid in HD.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just want Ridley playable so I can start supporting Kraid for the next game :awesome:

D

Deleted member

More like it'd latch onto someone's face and just kind of chill there for a while and dangle like a bizarre sack of feathers, but yes. Though really I don't think Nintendo wants to promote baby throwing. :p
But baby throwing is the best kind of throwing there is! What other object is as much fun to hurl at people as babies? :awesome:

Reila

I always though the idea of a Chozo statue assist trophy would be cool, though unlikely.
That would be really cool.
I'd like to see Brinstar depths returning from melee on the Wii U just to see Kraid in HD.
There is the possibility of Melee stages being ported solely for the 3DS version (which I hope isn't the case, because I don't want people belittling the 3DS version even more). I would like it to be on the Wii U, too, for the same reason. They could port Frigate Orpheon for the 3DS instead.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
If it has to do with Melee, won't people praise it by default? If anything, having melee stages will make the 3DS the best version. :awesome:

Jokes aside, I'm pretty sure Melee stages are on the 3DS and Brawl stages on the Wii U for music reasons, since the 3DS uses Melee's music system and the Wii U uses Brawl's. What I'm wondering is where 64 stages fit into all of that. But that has nothing to do with Planet Zebes. :p

Reila

Nah, unfortunately they choose to belittle the 3DS version for "stealing the stages that could be on the Wii U version". Believe me, I've read this more than once. :p Either way, this is no subject for this thread. I still think Kraid in HD would be boss, though.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I love Kraid'n all, but...

I really want a Sanctuary stage with a Quadraxis boss. I know I won't get it though, since LAVALAVALAVALAVALAVA.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I would love seeing nightmare and omega pirate as an assist throphie.

There's like no one from metroid besides ridley left that could be playable without being a random choice...

Edit: if I could chose, I would make dark samus playable and not ridley as i like her slightly better. I'm still salty about her being an assist trophy XD

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I would love seeing nightmare and omega pirate as an assist throphie.

There's like no one from metroid besides ridley left that could be playable without being a random choice...

Edit: if I could chose, I would make dark samus playable and not ridley as i like her slightly better. I'm still salty about her being an assist trophy XD
Don't feel too bad. I think most of us wanted her playable (alongside Ridley), too.

D

Deleted member

Don't feel too bad. I think most of us wanted her playable (alongside Ridley), too.
Speak for yourself, I never wanted her because even if she wouldn't be a Samus clone, it's basically Metroid Prime in Samus' suit

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Could Ridley possibly be like the opposite of Little Mac? I mean, Lil Mac only fights on the ground, which is why he is weak in the air. Could this work vice versa for Riddles, someone who always fights in the air? Strong recovery attack and aerials, but weaker on the ground? Just a thought though.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm actually kind of surprised Dark Samus was made into her own Assist Trophy. I was certain that she would be a new costume, at most.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
If it has to do with Melee, won't people praise it by default? If anything, having melee stages will make the 3DS the best version. :awesome:

Jokes aside, I'm pretty sure Melee stages are on the 3DS and Brawl stages on the Wii U for music reasons, since the 3DS uses Melee's music system and the Wii U uses Brawl's. What I'm wondering is where 64 stages fit into all of that. But that has nothing to do with Planet Zebes. :p
:c But I want my Brinstar on HD! Brinstar's the best stage ever!
He can be a secret character you know.
That would be terrible. Ridley deserves a big spotlight.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Speak for yourself, I never wanted her because even if she wouldn't be a Samus clone, it's basically Metroid Prime in Samus' suit
Are you for real:0??

They could do so many thing with her. She would float instead of walk first of all. She could multiply, phazon beam, have a phazon shield thingy just like zelda's normal b. I could think of so many things XD

Edit: Anyways this is the ridley thread so i'll be salty somewhere else lol.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Ugh, I would hate it if we get Brinstar as the only Metroid stage for 3DS. The stage itself isn't even based on anything memorable from the actual Brinstar, so why should they try to shove it down our throats like they're doing with Zero Suit Samus?!

Reila

Ugh, I would hate it if we get Brinstar as the only Metroid stage for 3DS. The stage itself isn't even based on anything memorable from the actual Brinstar, so why should they try to shove it down our throats like they're doing with Zero Suit Samus?!
I wouldn't be the only one, right? I don't think Jungle Japes will be the only DK stage for the 3DS version. Well, at least I hope it isn't, I want a DKC Returns stage.
In other words, she would be an almost completely different character from Samus. What is the problem, then?

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm hoping for something based on Fusion. Or maybe Zero Mission, since we already have a lab/facility-based stage...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I wouldn't be the only one, right? I don't think Jungle Japes will be the only DK stage for the 3DS version. Well, at least I hope it isn't, I want a DKC Returns stage.
I think it's almost certain we're getting a DKCR stage for this game. Remember that the Rocket Barrel theme was playing during the item presentation for the Direct.

But yeah, I'm hoping that they don't phone in on the 3DS stages, particularly for Metroid.

Last edited:

Reila

I think it's almost certain we're getting a DKCR stage for this game. Remember that the Rocket Barrel theme was playing during the item presentation for the Direct.

But yeah, I'm hoping that they don't phone in on the 3DS stages, particularly for Metroid.
I don't remember, but I will take your word on that. :p

I am hoping for a stage based on Fusion, too. Or based on this part of Zero Mission:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
It's E3 or nothing for Ridely.
I would say the exact opposite actually, as someone who thinks that Ridley's chance are 50/50 right now I would be more hopeful for playable Ridley if we don't see boss Ridley at E3.

Now your going to ask me "why ?"
Because Sakurai have stated that he don't like giving false hopes to the fans.

As it stands right now, Sakurai just can't have missed that we are talking about Ridley's chances more than ever (and it was already A LOT), it's everywhere, smash forums, miiverse, youtube, the list goes on, IF Ridley is a boss, Sakurai better take us down quickly, his shadow stunt had the opposite effect of what he would have intended, a lot of people who didn't care about Ridley or didn't want Ridley have jumped on the Ridley train taking the place of the old Ridley fans who gave up and then some more.

If Ridley survives the entire tournament and E3, and don't appear on any of the footage or pics of the Pyrosphere that we are going to get (a stage existing for more than 10 months, the Ridley is unfinished argument is getting more unlikely by the day) a lot of people are going to question his fate even more, we know for sure, that Ridley is the game after all and right now only 3 possibilities remain, Boss, Playable or both.

It's now or never for Boss Ridley !

Last edited:

Reila

It's E3 or nothing for Ridely.
Agreed 100%. While not impossible, I highly doubt they would waste the E3 Nintendo Direct, the one a LOT of people will be watching and not reveal Ridley, one of the most, if not THE most wanted character in the west. They need to build hype for the games and it is not because I am a huge Metroid and Ridley fan, but revealing the space pirate would be one of the hypest things ever. I can see characters like Palutena being unlockable/secret, but Ridley? I have my doubts. If he isn't revealed in two days, I will be way less hopeful about playable Ridley.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I would say the exact opposite actually, as someone who thinks that Ridley's chance are 50/50 right now I would be more hopeful for playable Ridley if we don't see boss Ridley at E3.

Now your going to ask me "why ?"
Because Sakurai have stated that he don't like giving false hopes to the fans.

As it stands right now, Sakurai just can't have missed that we are talking about Ridley's chances more than ever (and it was already A LOT), it's everywhere, smash forums, miiverse, youtube, the list goes on, IF Ridley is a boss, Sakurai better take us down quickly, his shadow stunt had the opposite effect of what he would have intended, a lot of people who didn't care about Ridley or didn't want Ridley have jumped on the Ridley train taking the place of the old Ridley fans who gave up and then some more.

If Ridley survives the entire tournament and E3, and don't appear on any of the footage or pics of the Pyrosphere that we are going to get (a stage existing for more than 10 months, the Ridley is unfinished argument is getting more unlikely by the day) a lot of people are going to question his fate even more, we know for sure, that Ridley is the game after all and right now only 3 possibilities remain, Boss, Playable or both.

It's now or never for Boss Ridley !
He said that? Then he should have revealed Stage Hazardly a long time ago if he wasn't playable.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I don't care about the sage as long as the lower norfair music is selectable for the stage it's good.
It would be awesome if that turns out to be Ridley's reveal theme.

Top Bottom