• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Off-topic: Why are you always talking that formal on a videogameforum?? XD

I always have to re-read.

On topic: Omega's Ridley boss stage would be a really cool stage for smash 4 IMO.
You mean inside the Leviathan? I always wanted the proving grounds (where you fight gandrayda)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I can't believe we actually reached 800 pages... two days before the Digital Event. :laugh:

AndreaAC

YAY! FINALLY!
34718815 (2).jpg

"IT WAS ABOUT TIME FOR IT TO HAPPEN!"

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
It would actually make a lot of sense. I mean, Spear Pillar apparently isn't coming back, so they could give Dialga's "slow motion" mechanic to Nightmare.
Nightmare would be an easy boss to adapt into a Smash Bros boss. Just apply his weakness everywhere, make the lasers less frequent, and have it attempting to ram into people be its major attack.

And the gravity mechanic isn't just limited to slo-mo. You could make everyone easy to knockback, make everyone Metal Mario-heavy, high-jumps...

Last edited:

Valyoda

Smash Rookie
NNID
Valyoda
3DS FC
3926-5392-9281
I quote my self because nobody seems to react xD And i give you a little picture to show you my idea
I would like to point something about Ridley and the platforms in Pyrosphere (there is two left and two right). We have seen that Ridley takes Pikachu. So, that means he flies near the ground (I guess). If he is really a boss in the stage, would he fly just between the two platforms ? That would be a thin space for him to fly and that would be buggy if he goes through the platforms.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
I think someone said this but, the Quadraxis battle arena would be awesome, or even the falling shaft area on Norion from Corruption. Rundas could come in and blast the stage and Meta Ridley could be a stage hazard.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Eight-hundred pages of Ridley support... There is simply no other character who can claim to have this much devotion.

On that note, I suppose now would be a good time to wish all you Ridley supporters the best of luck at E3. This very well may be the deciding point for Ridley. While I am unsure of whether or not Ridley will, in fact, be playable, I know for certain that he deserves to be. And you all, who have put up with so much unnecessary hatred for defending your beloved character, deserve it just as much.

Ridley for Smash.

Reila

Nightmare would be an easy boss to adapt into a Smash Bros boss. Just apply his weakness everywhere, make the lasers less frequent, and have it attempting to ram into people be its major attack.

And the gravity mechanic isn't just limited to slo-mo. You could make everyone easy to knockback, make everyone Metal Mario-heavy, high-jumps...
Would that be necessary? They kept Yellow Devil's weakness from the Mega Man games.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
After 800 pages, I see two legit reasons why Ridley CAN'T be in:

And:

looks lik al u bigly suportars r debunked huehueh. shrek4smash

Morbi

Scavenger
I did not even realize that we were on page 800; I suppose on this day, we illuminate our names and ascribe our enthusiasm for Ridley on the pages of history! Forever, we will be known as Ridley's objective supporters, those who did not falter after the Direct, those who were correct; when all doubt existed and manifested itself into hatred. We are still here! The Direct will change everything, today is our day, and from this point forward... EVERY DAY IS OUR DAY!

Unless we are wrong. If so, disregard this.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
If we are wrong, then let's still celebrate. No reason to let these good spirits go to waste.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Would that be necessary? They kept Yellow Devil's weakness from the Mega Man games.
Well, it's not necessary, but if it proves annoying to hit such a mobile target, being able to hit it anywhere could make it manageable.

A compromise could be it takes more damage in the face/gravity generator.

Last edited:

Reila

Well, it's not necessary, but if it proves annoying to hit such a mobile target, being able to hit it anywherere could make it manageable.

Fair point. Unlike Yellow Devil, Nightmare isn't a mostly immobile target.

And yeah, nice idea. He/it could take low damage on the most part of it body and an increased amount in his/its weak points.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Now let's see if we get to 900 by the time E3 arrives.

Just imagine. Nearly a hundred pages filled to the brim with hype.
Actually, would that be a good thing?
Weren't some old topics like Pic of the day and Social discussion closed for being too large for the site to handle? Of course they start a new topic but we wouldn't want this one to sink! :)

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Well, it's not necessary, but if it proves annoying to hit such a mobile target, being able to hit it anywherere could make it manageable.

The weak spots could just have bigger hitboxes. I'd personally hate that, but it's common in games.

AndreaAC

xD I find this kinda funny...I don't know why...

I got page 666 (By the bloody desires of Ridley...)
@Dalek_Kolt got page 700
@Zoroarking got page 777 (By the power of Ridley)
and
@SchAlternate got page 800 (with my catrin Ridley on it...)

;3 JUST a random thought....

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's a great game, even if CERTAIN PEOPLE say it's the worst thing.
If you get to be pissy with me for not liking Fusion, you're giving me a go-ahead to be pissy with everyone any time anyone says anything about Other M. :p Like I said, nobody's obligated to like a bad game. I'm not the exception here.

EDIT: Dios mio, this happened fast. Happy page 800 then??

Last edited:
Top Bottom