• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

No way. He's only a mere Goomba compared to the Cunning God of Death.

Changing the subject, I want to know something about the upcoming E3. I didn't watch the presentation for Smash 4 last year, so when exactly did they show off the game, its features, and the newcomers?
They ended the game content part of their Direct with the Smash 4 reveal trailer and the Mega Man trailer, then showed off some of the changes they made to Bowser and formally introduced the newcomers during the Developer Direct which followed.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm about to head for bed, so don't expect immediate answers from me, but I've seen many people say that E3 is for certain where we'll see Ridley's fate, and am I the only one who's not 100% on board with that?

If we're going with the scenario that Ridley is playable the only time we're guaranteed newcomers is in the 1 hour Direct, and I'm certain Smash won't take too much of that Direct's time considering they've likely got a **** ton to announce. I'm personally expecting Smash to take max 10 minutes of that Direct, though I do predict we're likely only going to be left with a trailer with multiple confirmations and a notification of the invitational and the demos. In that time I consider Pac-Man, Mii and Snake to all be more likely announcements than Ridley too, since they're all big characters in their own rights while Ridley is technically just a regular first party character.

If we're going with the scenario that Ridley is a boss Sakurai has already carried the Ridley hype far beyond what's acceptable anyways, so why wouldn't he just ride with it all the way to the finish line? Pyrosphere isn't a necessity for neither the demos or the invitational after all.

Now don't get me wrong, I do think it's more likely than not we're going to find out what's up with Ridley there, but I'm not going to be surprised if we're left just as clueless after E3 as we currently are either, I just can't imagine Sakurai not riding the Ridley train all the way to the end station at this point, no matter the outcome.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
No way. He's only a mere Goomba compared to the Cunning God of Death.

Changing the subject, I want to know something about the upcoming E3. I didn't watch the presentation for Smash 4 last year, so when exactly did they show off the game, its features, and the newcomers?
Incase I recall it was either the beginning. The middle. Or the end.

Edit: Okay honestly when I posted this I was brainstorming and was dead serious. This may be the most stupid comment I have ever made on the internet.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
The issue is I dunno if people think we'll be getting Ridley announced on Tuesday. I think he would be announced on Wednesday, between the tournament, SSB4 info, and the demo shenanigans the next day. Which would be what, some time before 1:00pm PT? Shrug.

EDIT: Nintendo's doing more stuff that morning, aren't they? We well could get another announcement by 1pm Pacific.

EDIT 2: Yep, they start doing stuff as early as 9am on that same day. So there you go. That's like a four hour pocket where we could get an additional newcomer reveal (i.e. Ridley) prior to the demo going live on the east coast.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm about to head for bed, so don't expect immediate answers from me, but I've seen many people say that E3 is for certain where we'll see Ridley's fate, and am I the only one who's not 100% on board with that?

If we're going with the scenario that Ridley is playable the only time we're guaranteed newcomers is in the 1 hour Direct, and I'm certain Smash won't take too much of that Direct's time considering they've likely got a **** ton to announce. I'm personally expecting Smash to take max 10 minutes of that Direct, though I do predict we're likely only going to be left with a trailer with multiple confirmations and a notification of the invitational and the demos. In that time I consider Pac-Man, Mii and Snake to all be more likely announcements than Ridley too, since they're all big characters in their own rights while Ridley is technically just a regular first party character.

If we're going with the scenario that Ridley is a boss Sakurai has already carried the Ridley hype far beyond what's acceptable anyways, so why wouldn't he just ride with it all the way to the finish line? Pyrosphere isn't a necessity for neither the demos or the invitational after all.

Now don't get me wrong, I do think it's more likely than not we're going to find out what's up with Ridley there, but I'm not going to be surprised if we're left just as clueless after E3 as we currently are either, I just can't imagine Sakurai not riding the Ridley train all the way to the end station at this point, no matter the outcome.
I still think we're going to get a hype-inducing first-party character for the hardcore fanbase this time around. If not Ridley, then we could possibly get Palutena, Shulk, or even K. Rool revealed at that date.

Miis are the kind of character that I don't think will warrant a grand trailer showing off how awesome they are. If they're in, they'll probably be used as an explanation to how customization works.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I am normally not a drinker. But on a very special occassion in our near future I've purchased a bottle of Pina Colada.

Either I drown myself or induce myself in a jolly spree. Andrea should draw me a Ridley drinking some Pina Colada!

Shog

Smash Ace
Why does the Anime-Ridley-Kraid Art gives me VIetnam flashbacks of Metroid 1 against Kraid, the game Ridley was patheticly easy and Kraid worse than Rinkos... eh Motherbrain?

Btw does the artists here aronud ever made an epic Samus vs Ridley picture? I mean these cute or funny picture of Ridley are unique, but to be quite honest, I would enjoy some epic art for E3 Hype :)

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Why does the Anime-Ridley-Kraid Art gives me VIetnam flashbacks of Metroid 1 against Kraid, the game Ridley was patheticly easy and Kraid worse than Rinkos... eh Motherbrain?

Btw does the artists here aronud ever made an epic Samus vs Ridley picture? I mean these cute or funny picture of Ridley are unique, but to be quite honest, I would enjoy some epic art for E3 Hype :)
The one of Samus in a power suit mecha crushing Ridley would be more than a little accurate considering Ridley's dimensions in this game :p

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The reasons why I'm hoping Ridley is playable is because the current roster and the leaks are just gross to me. There's not a single character i'm really looking forward playing as.

As for the leaks.

I never played fire emblem. Chrom looks like an ike clone. No thank you.

I'm getting tired of palutena. I never played a kid icarus game so i'm basing this of her looks. She looks ugly. No thank you.

Idk shulk/chorus man. But no thanks.

Mii and Pac-man?? God NO.

If Ridley get's confirmed I finally have a character I can look forward to. Fingers crossed..
Ooohoho, some shots were fired.

*says in deeper voice*, that gave me cancer.

It's almost E3,... the date that's probably all the truth about Pyrosphere will be revealed (and the moment that will decide the destiny of many characters supported here on Smashboards)... and I couldn't approach in a good way in this thread... But well, I tried (nobody can say I not tried XD).. I'll, at least, say good lucky for everybody. and honestly hope that, whatever happens, you guys don't lose your sporting spirit.. Smash4 is already looking great, and nobody can deny this... with or without Ridley is already a game worth to spend hours playing, and will be always next game..

Ridley fanbase already proved to be as big as him (lol, sorry for that), if the noise made for his campaign for Smash4 was not enough to have him in the roster, will be bigger next time... until being impossible to ignore, I hope. =)
That's the spirit. Unlike some of the overzealous ways Ridley has been defended here lately, this kind of notion is something I can actually get behind.

Although, that actually does remind me. Ridley would be true to his character if he was a boss character, so at least the detractors have that one correct!
Depends on how he's executed as a boss. In Brawl he didn't throw a single fireball, not counting the Meta-Ridley transformation that should've been carpetbombing areas with the missiles and such that he had in Prime. Both encounters were a nerf from his Metroid series boss self.

No, you're not the only one who doesn't feel 100% about Ridley's fate being revealed at E3. Even if it's not though, I don't think I would feel much better about his playability chances either, for some reason.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I have the implications of the game's director holding it up.
You're ****ing annoying. You're comming in a ridleysupport thread saying he will not be playable WITH NO ARGUMENTS/EVIDENCE. After that you're trying to make a bet with us whether ridley's playable or not and if he is, you'll ban your account. What makes you think we care for your presence on this forum? Do you honestly think we're going to request your ban if he's playable? Who are you? If you want your account banned, so be it if you want to stay whatever. NOBODY CARES.

I'm honestly REALLY tired of anti-ridley people comming to this thread. All they do is talk bull****. Like.. if they're comming up with some good arguments and evidence it's fun to debate but this is getting plain annoying. Back your **** up or get lost smh..

majora_787

Smash Hero
What a time to be alive.

I'm more excited to see how Sakurai handled Roidley's design at this point. I'm sure he made Roidley look pretty nice. :p

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The one of Samus in a power suit mecha crushing Ridley would be more than a little accurate considering Ridley's dimensions in this game :p
Er, could you show us the picture? I think I remember seeing something like that on Deviantart.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
The reasons why I'm hoping Ridley is playable is because the current roster and the leaks are just gross to me. There's not a single character i'm really looking forward playing as.

Snip.
Someone's after my heart, it seems. <3

It's just nice to know I'm not the only one with these sentiments, though Palutena? Eh. I'm fine with her. I can take it or leave it.

D

Deleted member

You're ****ing annoying. You're comming in a ridleysupport thread saying he will not be playable WITH NO ARGUMENTS/EVIDENCE. After that you're trying to make a bet with us whether ridley's playable or not and if he is, you'll ban your account. What makes you think we care for your presence on this forum? Do you honestly think we're going to request your ban if he's playable? Who are you? If you want your account banned, so be it if you want to stay whatever. NOBODY CARES.

I'm honestly REALLY tired of anti-ridley people comming to this thread. All they do is talk bull****. Like.. if they're comming up with some good arguments and evidence it's fun to debate but this is getting plain annoying. Back your **** up or get lost smh..
Your avatar picture (or do we just call it an avatar?) is probably the best thing I've ever seen on the internet.
Now I have another reason to:
a) Love Rosalina (since she looks like a badass)
b) Ship her with Ridley because she somewhat resembles a Pirate (therefore she's a Space Pirate, since she lives in Space)
c) Resurrect my shipping backstory that Rosalina is really in charge of Ridley and orchestrated the killing of Samus's parents, thus spawning all of the events of the Metroid Franchise.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

Just ignore them. People who come in here doing this sort of thing want to get us riled up like this. Don't let the bullies win, just ignore them and they'll go away once they realize they aren't getting anywhere. Anybody who purposely craps on someone just because they like a character aren't worth your time anyways. That's the best way to deal with this sort of thing.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

One epic scene coming right up!
ridlwip.png

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
784 pages?!? Sniff... everyone does care! Can't believe I missed lucky 777... ONWARD TO PAGE 800 BEFORE E3!

Morbi

Scavenger

He did; however, make a very astute notion apparent. Collectively, we are not entirely certain on Ridley's chances.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Someone's after my heart, it seems. <3

It's just nice to know I'm not the only one with these sentiments, though Palutena? Eh. I'm fine with her. I can take it or leave it.
I only like 90+ women with lots of cash sorry... <3

But yeah... I honestly don't like Palutena, she looks so boring/weird/basic. I'm sure there are way cooler characters in the kid icarus games to pick from... I don't even want another kid icarus rep tbh. I'd rather have a f-zero/yoshi-rep.

Your avatar picture (or do we just call it an avatar?) is probably the best thing I've ever seen on the internet.
Now I have another reason to:
a) Love Rosalina (since she looks like a badass)
b) Ship her with Ridley because she somewhat resembles a Pirate (therefore she's a Space Pirate, since she lives in Space)
c) Resurrect my shipping backstory that Rosalina is really in charge of Ridley and orchestrated the killing of Samus's parents, thus spawning all of the events of the Metroid Franchise.
Ahhh You like Kanden as well? <333

Just ignore them. People who come in here doing this sort of thing want to get us riled up like this. Don't let the bullies win, just ignore them and they'll go away once they realize they aren't getting anywhere. Anybody who purposely craps on someone just because they like a character aren't worth your time anyways. That's the best way to deal with this sort of thing.
Yeah I know, you're right. Still hard though XD

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What a time to be alive.

I'm more excited to see how Sakurai handled Roidley's design at this point. I'm sure he made Roidley look pretty nice. :p
Me too a few of the shadow pictures i gather supports that

I've overheard some more beef in his nose and not so duck like.

And also my hand picture may have proove his fingernails got trimmed

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm too busy being a pink-haired anime schoolgirl and matching with DustyPumpkin to actually get a Ridley avatar. :c

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Me too a few of the shadow pictures i gather supports that

I've overheard some more beef in his nose and not so duck like.

And also my hand picture may have proove his fingernails got trimmed
Speaking of claws has anyone else noticed how Bowsers neutral A attacks are no longer claws swipes but punches? Ehh, I don't like that there making him less beastly.

Hopefully Ridley will take Bowsers place as the monstrous type character. Be weird if Ridley started drop kicking and throwing punches like Bowser lol.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'm too busy being a DISCOMILF and matching with majora to actually get a Ridley avatar. :c

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
What a time to be alive.

No doubt hes been making everyone look pretty awesome I never cared for Yoshi before and his new design makes me somewhat interested now.

Also I kinda like Roidley design DONT KILL ME were all on the same side here.

D

Deleted member

I'm too busy worshipping Nah to get a Ridley avatar. :c

Last edited by a moderator:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'm too busy plastering my user logo thing on everything me to change mine.
also im a pretty big advocate of king k rool and palutena alongside ridley

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Speaking of claws has anyone else noticed how Bowsers neutral A attacks are no longer claws swipes but punches? Ehh, I don't like that there making him less beastly.

Hopefully Ridley will take Bowsers place as the monstrous type character. Be weird if Ridley started drop kicking and throwing punches like Bowser lol.
I actually like that he punches, as he does that in most of his game appearances. His primary attack in Bowser's Inside Story is punching people in the face/gut. He prides himself in his punching!

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I actually like that he punches, as he does that in most of his game appearances. His primary attack in Bowser's Inside Story is punching people in the face/gut. He prides himself in his punching!
Yeah Bowser is awesome. Second favorite Nintendo villain.

What do think Ridley's A moves would be? Mostly claw swipes and tail stabs/slashes. I wonder if he would use his feet at all.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Yeah Bowser is awesome. Second favorite Nintendo villain.

What do think Ridley's A moves would be? Mostly claw swipes and tail stabs/slashes. I wonder if he would use his feet at all.
I could see him using hs feet for his Dair... and that's it, i mean it's not like Ridley's feet have been used too much in Metroid games so like you said, mainly claw swipes, bites, headbutts and tail slashes.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I could see him using hs feet for his Dair... and that's it, i mean it's not like Ridley's feet have been used too much in Metroid games so like you said, mainly claw swipes, bites, headbutts and tail slashes.
Well, he does grab Samus with his feet in Super Metroid IIRC...

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I only like 90+ women with lots of cash sorry... <3

But yeah... I honestly don't like Palutena, she looks so boring/weird/basic. I'm sure there are way cooler characters in the kid icarus games to pick from... I don't even want another kid icarus rep tbh. I'd rather have a f-zero/yoshi-rep.

Ahhh You like Kanden as well? <333

Yeah I know, you're right. Still hard though XD
Kanden's theme from Hunters is the best song from that game, IMO. Plus I have a thing for bug guys. I love the bug-looking aliens in Star Wars, Megalon's my favorite Godzilla monster, and Kanden's one of my favorite Metroid characters.

I also made a BRSTM of it that I put on BCM <shameless self-advertising>

Last edited:
Top Bottom