• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Morbi

Scavenger
Well I have weightlifting, tennis, a few unfinished 3DS games, dogsitting, SSBB data collection, and Ridley moveset tweaking to do so I guess my weekend won't be incredibly boring.
Ah, I have literally nothing (except for stalking the Ridley thread) to pass my time. Maybe I should get into lifting, tennis, dogsitting, SSBB data collection, and Ridley move-set tweaking to pass the time... but then I would not have time to stalk the Ridley thread.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ah, I have literally nothing (except for stalking the Ridley thread) to pass my time. Maybe I should get into lifting, tennis, dogsitting, SSBB data collection, and Ridley move-set tweaking to pass the time... but then I would not have time to stalk the Ridley thread.
Well, the Ridley thread passes a lot of time.

I have no idea what I'll do. Probably random games through the weekend now that my writing quota is finished up. :\

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I guess this battle is over... for now. I'll go back to play Mario Kart 8.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I guess this battle is over... for now. I'll go back to play Mario Kart 8.
ergh. I hate thinking of it as a battle. maybe I was too overzealous.

My beef with the guy wasn't about Ridley.

I just get angry when people come here, talk down to the thread, get hand waved, and then accuse us of hand waving because they didn't think ridley was in the game. it's deceitful, low, and I probably got too worked up

Morbi

Scavenger
Obligatory "Ridley is too big" post.

Just try and refute my argument, but you cannot as it is impossible! Not only would it attenuate his character, but it would just be arbitrarily stupid. I do not like that, so it should not happen. Ridley is always big as ****. Do not even bring up the Olimar argument, he is humanoid. Bowser does not count because he, unlike Ridley, is actually a prominent character in his series. Ridley is a boss character just as Sakurai asserted. It was not ambigious, you just lack the cognitive function to comprehend the words you are reading! ROFL, you guys are just repugnant speculators. GOML.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
ergh. I hate thinking of it as a battle. maybe I was too overzealous.

My beef with the guy wasn't about Ridley.

I just get angry when people come here, talk down to the thread, get hand waved, and then accuse us of hand waving because they didn't think ridley was in the game. it's deceitful, low, and I probably got too worked up
Oh, I love debating and I often compare it to a battle just for fun. It has nothing to do with your beef with that guy.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Just try and refute my argument, but you cannot as it is impossible! Not only would it attenuate his character, but it would just be arbitrarily stupid. I do not like that, so it should not happen. Ridley is always big as ****. Do not even bring up the Olimar argument, he is humanoid. Bowser does not count because he, unlike Ridley, is actually a prominent character in his series. Ridley is a boss character just as Sakurai asserted. It was not ambigious, you just lack the cognitive function to comprehend the words you are reading! ROFL, you guys are just repugnant speculators. GOML.

shrug

Might as well.

Rids is too fuggin huge! Don't talk about Olimar or Kirby, they're scaled proportionately to their respective series! Kirby is proportionately the same size as Dedede, so size is important!

ppbto

Smash Journeyman

So, we can resize everyone, but Ridley, right? then just upscale everyone and everything, but Ridley and the problem is solved. :troll:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Are "too big" posts obligatory now?

Bowser does not count because he, unlike Ridley, is actually a prominent character in his series.
If you want to make a more accurate representation of a typical Ridley detractor, I believe the more common argument used for Bowser is that his size is inconsistent in the Mario series, or that he's always been the same size as he is in Smash. I think only the most ignorant of detractors actually argue against Ridley's importance. Unless, of course, that kind of detractor is what you're simulating here, in which case you're spot on.

Morbi

Scavenger

If you want to make a more accurate representation of a typical Ridley detractor, I believe the more common argument used for Bowser is that his size is inconsistent in the Mario series, or that he's always been the same size as he is in Smash. I think only the most ignorant of detractors actually argue against Ridley's importance. Unless, of course, that kind of detractor is what you're simulating here, in which case you're spot on.
I was indeed emulating a less intelligent detractor. I do not mind those that detract Ridley with objective fact, there are not many of them though.

majora_787

Smash Hero

Ridley's size is always 100% consistently gigantic if you ignore all of the times it isn't, ESPECIALLY the times where it's not even consistent through a single game.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ridley's size is always 100% consistently gigantic if you ignore all of the times it isn't, ESPECIALLY the times where it's not even consistent through a single game.
Oh, that's right, how silly of me. He was especially large in Metroid Prime 2, wasn't he?

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh, that's right, how silly of me. He was especially large in Metroid Prime 2, wasn't he?
You call yourself a Ridley fan? He was not even in Metroid Prime 2. See, Ridley supporters are just supporting him because he is purple and Waluigi was deconfirmed because he was purple. Why do you contradict yourself? Quit being delusional, I am a Ridley expert. But do not get me wrong, I want him in the game, but I am not blind.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
It's almost E3,... the date that's probably all the truth about Pyrosphere will be revealed (and the moment that will decide the destiny of many characters supported here on Smashboards)... and I couldn't approach in a good way in this thread... But well, I tried (nobody can say I not tried XD).. I'll, at least, say good lucky for everybody. and honestly hope that, whatever happens, you guys don't lose your sporting spirit.. Smash4 is already looking great, and nobody can deny this... with or without Ridley is already a game worth to spend hours playing, and will be always next game..

Ridley fanbase already proved to be as big as him (lol, sorry for that), if the noise made for his campaign for Smash4 was not enough to have him in the roster, will be bigger next time... until being impossible to ignore, I hope. =)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
What a sad and pathetic world we live in. Roy with a mustache is more impressive than "like a sir" Ridley.
K2A571_0D8E2D95F0A0E_000.gif

"I don't gently care that a guy with a mustache and Sun glasses is more impressive than me, I will steal everyone's souls eventually..."

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
It's almost E3,... the date that's probably all the truth about Pyrosphere will be revealed (and the moment that will decide the destiny of many characters supported here on Smashboards)... and I couldn't approach in a good way in this thread... But well, I tried (nobody can say I not tried XD).. I'll, at least, say good lucky for everybody. and honestly hope that, whatever happens, you guys don't lose your sporting spirit.. Smash4 is already looking great, and nobody can deny this... with or without Ridley is already a game worth to spend hours playing, and will be always next game..

Ridley fanbase already proved to be as big as him (lol, sorry for that), if the noise made for his campaign for Smash4 was not enough to have him in the roster, will be bigger next time... until being impossible to ignore, I hope. =)
What do you mean, are you not a Ridley brother? This day (Tuesday) is our day! We are one, together Ridley is ours.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
What do you mean, are you not a Ridley brother? This day (Tuesday) is our day! We are one, together Ridley is ours.
I'm, of course! ^^ I just couldn't find a good way to enter the thread... every time I got a bit intimidated by the subject.. I guess. I'm just trying to prepare myself for any situation.. for any character I support.. being a likely newcomer or not. But I think that wishing some good luck is never a bad thing... But I hope for the best! =)

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ridley's too scary and powerful, guys! You're better off playing Super Smash Bros Crusade where they made him weak and nonthreatening! He's about as likely as Goku.

...HEY!!! Why are you ignoring me!? This is just as valid as your arguments!!11:mad::mad::mad:

/sarcasm

(sad thing is, this was actually based on a detractor's "argument" from this site many months ago)

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm, of course! ^^ I just couldn't find a good way to enter the thread... every time I got a bit intimidated by the subject.. I guess. I'm just trying to prepare myself for any situation.. for any character I support.. being a likely newcomer or not. But I think that wishing some good luck is never a bad thing... But I hope for the best! =)
So how much of the thread have you seen? Need any catch-up on the case of Playabley or anything?

I should probably put together @Smashoperatingbuddy123 's shadow post and my tail analysis post into one super-post for those curious on why Ridley's chances are pretty solid...

Morbi

Scavenger
Ridley's too scary and powerful, guys! You're better off playing Super Smash Bros Crusade where they made him weak and nonthreatening! He's about as likely as Goku.

...HEY!!! Why are you ignoring me!? This is just as valid as your arguments!!11:mad::mad::mad:

/sarcasm

(sad thing is, this was actually based on a detractor's "argument" from this site many months ago)
What was his argument? That Ridley was too scary and powerful to be a playable characters? That seems like one of the predominant reasons that he has support.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
"
You really think we're THAT big? Dang. We'd have to take up 3 roster spots just to fit!

I actually prefer going by the "Ridley Supporting Outer Space Crime Fighters" BUT Samusrules doesn't enjoy our little alliance

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
What was his argument? That Ridley was too scary and powerful to be a playable characters? That seems like one of the predominant reasons that he has support.
Basically, yeah. He was also flabbergasted to find out just how popular Ridley is as a character, when he pretty much assumed everyone liked him as a boss.

My memories on the guy are a bit vague, but I definitely remember him getting pissed when he thought his "arguments" were getting thrown out the window.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Not sure wht's going on here but I saw "Anime RIdley" awhile back so Imma draw a really anime looking thing for giggles

Morbi

Scavenger
Basically, yeah. He was also flabbergasted to find out just how popular Ridley is as a character, when he pretty much assumed everyone liked him as a boss.

My memories on the guy are a bit vague, but I definitely remember him getting pissed when he thought his "arguments" were getting thrown out the window.
Although, that actually does remind me. Ridley would be true to his character if he was a boss character, so at least the detractors have that one correct!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
So how much of the thread have you seen? Need any catch-up on the case of Playabley or anything?

I should probably put together @Smashoperatingbuddy123 's shadow post and my tail analysis post into one super-post for those curious on why Ridley's chances are pretty solid...
Ooh don't worry XD.. I've been around even before the Ridley X Rosalina drawings =P.. and of course, before the Smash Direct... following all the drama, always I could. Of course I'm more active in the Pac-Man's thread, but I see the thread even disconnected of my account too. XP

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

/sarcasm

Yes I agree too powerful!!! But Palutena is a shoe-in. I mean clearly GODS aren't as powerful as space alien dragons.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Next step is be in Smash....

God for Smash 4 confirmed?
No way. He's only a mere Goomba compared to the Cunning God of Death.

Changing the subject, I want to know something about the upcoming E3. I didn't watch the presentation for Smash 4 last year, so when exactly did they show off the game, its features, and the newcomers?

Morbi

Scavenger
No way. He's only a mere Goomba compared to the Cunning God of Death.

Changing the subject, I want to know something about the upcoming E3. I didn't watch the presentation for Smash 4 last year, so when exactly did they show off the game, its features, and the newcomers?
I believe it was the trailer in addition to some game-play with an awkward announcer.

Top Bottom