• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

A glare and a single word is all it takes for Ridley to scare the **** out of someone
Ridley's still got it.:chuckle:
-Later in the night-

B2A571_0D8E62AF2098A_000.gif

"I HAVE COME TO TAKE YOUR SOUL...."

xD Sorry, I had to...I love your style!

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
*Looks at the view count for this thread*

I really hope we can get it to a million views.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Quick question: When ridley gets confirmed as playable how big will the "I was wrong thread" be?
I'm much more worried about the legion of assholes that will crawl from their hiding and feel the need to feverishly vindicate their position to try to start fights. Whether Ridley is confirmed to be playable or deconfirmed to some other role, I just know there will be those that will spout "Haha! I told you so! Idiots!" and show their true colors while adding fuel to the flame. I can't help but feel uneasy about the aftermath of either scenario, though obviously Ridley being conclusively deconfirmed would bring out the worst of both supporters and detractors and be the worst-case scenario. I just hope if Ridley is confirmed, we supporters don't become as bad as the detractors.

I'm about to head for bed, so don't expect immediate answers from me, but I've seen many people say that E3 is for certain where we'll see Ridley's fate, and am I the only one who's not 100% on board with that?
Certainly won't be a guarantee, but there is some logic to assume he may be present in some form, with his prominence in the west and the amount of exposure Pyrosphere got compared to the other stages in the game.

While I can see a scenario where he doesn't appear for whatever reason, I just really hope we get some closure this time. The constant vitriol seeping from both sides of arguments now is starting to get a bit tiresome.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
If Ridley gets in, fans will be too busy celebrating to be jerks. What you have to worry about is the haters. If Ridley gets deconfirmed they are going to dig their heels into our faces while we're down.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I'm going to be that guy. What Boss characters have been shown so far for SSB4? Here's a list so far of every character who technically a boss character in their games:

Andross
  • Where: Star Fox/Starwing (Mechanic form, Final Boss), Star Fox 64 (Organic form, Final Boss) [Remake: Star Fox 64 (Organic form, Final Boss)], Star Fox Adventures (Final Boss).
  • Stage: Any.
Bowser
  • Where: Pretty much the majority of the main Super Mario games, often a final boss; Super Smash Bros. Melee (Final Boss, Adventure Mode).
Charizard
  • Where: Pokémon Blue, Green, Red, Yellow - Rival Blue/Green (If you chose Bulbasaur as a starter) [Remake: Pokémon Leaf Green and Fire Red - Rival Blue/Green (If you chose Bulbasaur as a starter)]; Pokémon Gold, Silver, Crystal - Champion Red [Remake: Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Champion Red]; Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Champion Red.
Yes I do count rivals, gym leaders, elite four members and champions as "bosses" in Pokémon games, because technically they are bosses.
Dark Emperor
  • Where: StreetPass Quest II / Find Mii II (Secret Quest, Final Boss).
  • Stage: Find Mii (SSB4 3DS).
Dark Samus
  • Where: Metroid Prime (As Metroid Prime, Final Boss), Metroid Prime 2 Echoes (Boss (numerous times), Final Boss), Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (Boss).
Donkey Kong
  • Where: Mario Vs. Donkey Kong games - Main Boss (The Donkey Kong in the original Donkey Kong games is a different Donkey Kong, now known as Cranky Kong, so nope that won't count).
Kamek
  • Where: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island [remake: Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi Island] (Main Boss), Super Princess Peach (Boss), Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (Boss), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Boss), Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (Boss) and Yoshi's New Island (Boss).
  • Stage Hazard (Cause).
  • Stage: Mushroom Kingdom U (SSB4 WiiU).
King Dedede
  • Where: Kirby's Dream Land (Final Boss), Kirby's Adventure (Boss)[Remake: Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (Boss)], Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Boss), Kirby Super Star (Spring Breeze: Final Boss, Samurai Kirby (Final Boss), Arena (Boss)) [Kirby Super Star Ultra (Spring Breeze: Final Boss, Samurai Kirby (Final Boss), Arena (Boss)], Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Boss), Kirby's Pinball Land (Boss), Kirby's Avalanche (Final Boss), Kirby's Dream Course (Only Boss), Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (Boss), Kirby's Epic Yarn (Boss), Kirby Mass Attack (Boss), and
Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Boss)

Kotake and Koume (Twinrova)
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time [Remake: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D] (Boss), Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons (Linked through password, Boss).
  • Stage Hazard (Cause).
  • Stage: Gerudo Valley (SSB4 3DS).
Lucario
  • Where: Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum - Gym Leader Maylene, Sinnoh Champion Cynthia; Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Elite Four Bruno; Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Gym Leader Maylene, Sinnoh Champion Cynthia; Pokémon X and Pokémon Y - Gym Leader Korrina; Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia (Boss).
Mother Brain
  • Where: Metroid (Final Boss) [Remake: Metroid: Zero Mission (Boss)), Super Metroid (Final Boss), Metroid Other M (in her MB form, a pathetic one-shot to kill boss =/)
Pikachu
  • Where: Pokémon Blue, Green, Red, Yellow - Gym Leader Lt. Surge [Remake: Pokémon Leaf Green and Fire Red - Gym Leader Lt. Surge]; Pokémon Gold, Silver, Crystal - Champion Red [Remake: Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Champion Red]; Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Champion Red.

Ridley
  • Where: Metroid (Boss) [Remake: Metroid Zero Mission (Boss)], Metroid Prime (Boss), Metroid Prime: Pinball (Boss), Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Boss x2), Super Metroid (Boss), Metroid: Other M (Boss), Metroid: Fusion (Boss), Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Boss x2: Ridley and Meta Ridley).
  • Stage: ???
Skull Kid
  • Where: Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Boss, Final Boss).
Yellow Devil
  • Where: Megaman (Boss) [Remake: Mega Man Powered Up (Boss)], Mega Man: The Power Battle (Penultimate Boss), Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters (Penultimate Boss).
  • Stage: Wily's Castle (SSB4 WiiU).
Plus a whole load of Legendary Pokémon as Poké Ball/Master Ball Pokémon that you can technically call "bosses".

Likely to return:

Ganondorf
  • Where: Pretty much the majority of the Legend of Zelda games, often a final boss (In his Ganon form). Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and remake Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D are the two games where his humanoid form (Ganondorf) appear as Final Boss.
Meta Knight
  • Where: Kirby's Adventure (Boss), Kirby Super Star (Revenge of Meta Knight, Final Boss) [Remake: Kirby Super Star Ultra (Revenge of Meta Knight, Final Boss)], Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (Dark Meta Knight, Boss), Kirby: Mouse Attack/Squeak Squad (Boss), Kirby's Epic Yarn (Boss), Kirby Mass Attack (Boss), and
Kirby Triple Deluxe (Dark Meta Knight, Dedede Tour, Final Boss)

Other characters who have been in Super Smash Bros. previously:

Mewtwo
  • Where: Pokémon Blue, Green, Red, Yellow - wild, Cerulean Cave [Remake: Pokémon Leaf Green and Fire Red - wild, Cerulean Cave], Pokémon Stadium (Final Boss) and Pokémon Pinball (Final Boss), Pokémon Puzzle League (Boss).
  • Stage: ??? (Previously: Any)
Wow, that's a lot of "Boss Characters [that] appear on other stages... not just [Wily's Castle]":awesome:
(I know this is just a grasping at straws theory, but man is it funny. Technically, Sakurai wouldn't be lying, especially with a playable Ridley)

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Self proclaimed Ridley detractor here.
Now, this post isn't going to be what you think it's going to be, calm down.

I've had a very adamant "No" to Ridley over the years and still do. Hell, if you asked me if I wanted Ridley in the game, I would say no. I'm not going to give any reasons that you guys haven't argued against already, otherwise this thread will just go around in circles again.

But over the last few weeks, I've been wondering why I don't want Ridley in and all I can boil it down to is "Ehh." Basically, he's not a big enough see what I did there, huehuehue character in my life personally. And after that realisation, I also started to look at what caused my apparent hatred and I found the answer. Rabid fans on both sides.

And then again, I thought. Beneath the bigots on both sides, there is some real passion for Ridley here. It's (as far as I know) one of the fastest growing topics in Smashboards history and you guys have created some pretty good arguments as to why he should be playable.

Which brings me to my point.

While I (personally) don't want him to be playable, I want him to be playable. The passion that you guys have has won me over and I think he should be, just so you guys have a chance to play as a character that you're so passionate about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Meta Knight
Kirby Triple Deluxe (Dedede Tour, Final Boss)
I hate to be that guy, but
That's Dark Meta Knight as the final boss, not Meta Knight. They are technically different characters. Dark Meta Knight earlier appeared as an antagonist in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. In Triple Deluxe, Meta Knight does make a cameo as one of Circus Kirby's Balloons, though he isn't a boss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think all haters/detractors actually want Ridley in the game. It is just unresolved love issues.

Anyway, I appreciate your honesty and the fact you didn't come here in Ridley's thread to **** in his supporters, @ Backgammon Backgammon

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I hate to be that guy, but
That's Dark Meta Knight as the final boss, not Meta Knight. They are technically different characters. Dark Meta Knight earlier appeared as an antagonist in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. In Triple Deluxe, Meta Knight does make a cameo as one of Circus Kirby's Balloons, though he isn't a boss.
I forgot to put "Dark" in there like with Amazing Mirror, now I've edited it in, shush =P

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord

I've had a very adamant "No" to Ridley over the years and still do. Hell, if you asked me if I wanted Ridley in the game, I would say no. I'm not going to give any reasons that you guys haven't argued against already, otherwise this thread will just go around in circles again.

But over the last few weeks, I've been wondering why I don't want Ridley in and all I can boil it down to is "Ehh." Basically, he's not a big enough see what I did there, huehuehue character in my life personally. And after that realisation, I also started to look at what caused my apparent hatred and I found the answer. Rabid fans on both sides.

And then again, I thought. Beneath the bigots on both sides, there is some real passion for Ridley here. It's (as far as I know) one of the fastest growing topics in Smashboards history and you guys have created some pretty good arguments as to why he should be playable.

While I (personally) don't want him to be playable, I want him to be playable. The passion that you guys have has won me over and I think he should be, just so you guys have a chance to play as a character that you're so passionate about.
Well I never expected to see this. This post is so nice that I feel ashamed for whatever reason.

Here, have this happy rainbow sheep:

:happysheep:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

:troll: Trust me, Samus....ALL Ridley detractors can't stop thinking about Ridley's SIZE :p

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Almost 72 hours away. Soon the BIGGEST show of the year will be here!

(won't change my avi till after E3, I believe!)

D

Deleted member

It's good to see someone that doesn't want Ridley, but, respects our opinions, I always believed that the detractors never wanted him because they never played a Metroid game, I was like this before playing Super Metroid

Also, I just noticed something:
yd.png

(Sorry for bad quality) If you look at the fighters we have here, they all relate to Ridley in some form, even Pikachu in the next clip, call this grasping at straws, but:
Samus, the main character from Metroid, obvious relation is obvious
Bowser, the main villain from the Mario series and the biggest playable character at the moment, could be considered a "Boss character"
Pikachu, the one who saves Samus from Ridley in the SSE and is also the one who she spends most time with during it(He wants revenge)
And finally, Toon Link, the one who a lot of people thought was cut when shown as a stage element, but, well, is playable
I don't think it's coincidence that these were the last fighters shown before Ridley. Thoughts on that?

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
It's good to see someone that doesn't want Ridley, but, respects our opinions, I always believed that the detractors never wanted him because they never played a Metroid game, I was like this before playing Super Metroid

Also, I just noticed something:
View attachment 15617
(Sorry for bad quality) If you look at the fighters we have here, they all relate to Ridley in some form, even Pikachu in the next clip, call this grasping at straws, but:
Samus, the main character from Metroid, obvious relation is obvious
Bowser, the main villain from the Mario series and the biggest playable character at the moment, could be considered a "Boss character"
Pikachu, the one who saves Samus from Ridley in the SSE and is also the one who she spends most time with during it(He wants revenge)
And finally, Toon Link, the one who a lot of people thought was cut when shown as a stage element, but, well, is playable
I don't think it's coincidence that these were the last fighters shown before Ridley. Thoughts on that?
I think it's most likely just co-incidence, but if Sakurai did select them for that reason...
Darnit Sakurai...
You sneaky person, you XD

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Well, I'm just saying how I feel, really. If he gets in, I'll be celebrating with you.

I really don't see how coming in and going "Omg no ridley" is constructive in any way. I'd rather support a so obviously passionate group of players who just want a loved character in a game we all love. I may not agree, but who cares? You've made very valid points as a thread that I can't ignore and you've convinced me that, overall, his inclusion would be positive.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Well, I'm just saying how I feel, really. If he gets in, I'll be celebrating with you.

I really don't see how coming in and going "Omg no ridley" is constructive in any way. I'd rather support a so obviously passionate group of players who just want a loved character in a game we all love. I may not agree, but who cares? You've made very valid points as a thread that I can't ignore and you've convinced me that, overall, his inclusion would be positive.
I applaud you! Thank you for not being a jerk. If only there were more like you...

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
With a reveal trailer I think it could start off like this:

00:00-00:25 (but remixed)

With this eerie theme, Samus enters what seems to be a dark and empty room. Samus looks around a bit, then stops suddenly. In the dark, a pair of glowing yellow eyes appear, which turns out to be Ridley. Ridley roars, queue theme:

Suddenly taking flight and grabbing Samus, he grinds Samus on the wall, and then Pikachu from beneath appears and zaps him (basically like that scene in Brawl's SSE).

Once Ridley gets up, he slowly approaches both Samus and Pikachu angrily, when suddenly he gets zapped by this beam (or maybe accidentally touches a poison mushroom) and shrinks.

He looks at himself and his small size and thinking "what the heck... WHAT... WHAT'S GOING ON?!", then he continues towards Samus and Pikachu and launches himself forward.

*THUD SOUND LIKE IN OTHER REVEALS* Screen changes to still of Ridley and message "RIDLEY: FITS RIGHT IN!" (making fun of the size thing) and queue gameplay of playable Ridley fighting.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

@Malle xD I did what I could
SCAN0210.JPG

I didn't added colors because that would have screwed up the sketch...

EDIT: Damnit, now I want a piña colada too! D:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And hey, if he gets in, since you don't personally want him to be playable, you could always just use him as your punching bag when you're practicing. It's what I do with G&W, who is the one character I simply don't like.:awesome:

Not to imply that you hate Ridley in general, just going off your statement that you don't want him playable.

To my fellow Ridley Supporters:
I guess this would be considered Blasphemy :ohwell:, so I'll go feed myself to the Ridley Crocodiles now and save you all the trouble.:c

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Turtlenecksmyoneweakness.PNG

Oh no, Buff guys in turtlenecks MY ONE WEAKNESS!!
*ded*

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
And hey, if he gets in, since you don't personally want him to be playable, you could always just use him as your punching bag when you're practicing. It's what I do with G&W, who is the one character I simply don't like.:awesome:

Not to imply that you hate Ridley in general, just going off your statement that you don't want him playable.

To my fellow Ridley Supporters:
I guess this would be considered Blasphemy :ohwell:, so I'll go feed myself to the Ridley Crocodiles now and save you all the trouble.:c
To be honest, one of the reasons why I want Ridley playable is so that I can use him as a punching bag for Samus in training mode, playing it off as revenge after years of tormenting her. I disliked the boss fight in Brawl mainly because even though you can fight him, he nonchalantly took every blow given to him like he was some sort of inanimate object, removing a lot of the enjoyment. If Ganondorf can get the crap beaten out of him while making hilarious expressions along the way, why not Ridley?

And just so you know, I also want to do the same thing in reverse regarding those two.

EDIT: I will always keep my avatar set to Charizard, even if Ridley is confirmed to be playable at E3. Sorry, but the orange dragon will always be forever in my heart.
(...Ok, maybe I will change my avatar to Ridley's official render for about a week or so.)

Last edited:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Just changed my avatar from my super stylish Captain Falcon picture to Ridley. In preparation for E3. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just changed my avatar from my super stylish Captain Falcon picture to Ridley. In preparation for E3.
Oh no, people changing their avatars to match their wanted characters here too? I already changed mine to support Robin like everyone else in the Robin thread. :facepalm:

Quick! Does anyone know where I could find a picture that has Robin, Mewtwo, Ridley and Nah all in one picture (If you haven't noticed I kind of worship her, so she needs to be in my avatar regardless of her chances in Smash)?

Help....? :urg:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Oh no, people changing their avatars to match their wanted characters here too? I already changed mine to support Robin like everyone else in the Robin thread. :facepalm:

Quick! Does anyone know where I could find a picture that has Robin, Mewtwo, Ridley and Nah all in one picture (If you haven't noticed I kind of worship her, so she needs to be in my avatar regardless of her chances in Smash)?

Help....? :urg:
Hahehuhahehihehu!
It seems that you live up to your name mate! :bee:

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
My avatar is already my most wanted character for Smash, so no issues here. Haha... ha...

But yeah no. Even if I change my avatar after E3 it won't be to anyone on my wishlist. :p

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm probably only going to change my avatar if Ridley is confirmed or once the game releases, I do want an in-game picture of my main no matter the outcome, so it's either Ridley or Meta Knight, depending on the outcome. This one will do just fine until then.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'd change my picture but I have like... 8 characters I want to get in. I guess I want ridley the most. Also layton, palutena, lucina, k.k rool...
oh dear.
EDIT: screw it I'll put something together myself or something

Last edited:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
I properly changed it to Ridley to get you all and myself hyped.
After E3 though, good old Captain Falcon will take his place again.
For me, no one can live up to the Falcon's legacy. :falcon:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll probably take the picture with Ridley using a Poison Mushroom, because believe me, there WILL be one on his page

AndreaAC

I'll probably take the picture with Ridley using a Poison Mushroom, because believe me, there WILL be one on his page
Aw, but you chibi fatty Ridley is too adorable! Unless you want it to use a poison mushroom....

majora_787

Smash Hero
I might change my picture to Little Birdie's face when making a squeaky banshee scream.

EDIT: In case anyone thinks I'm joking, I have one on-hand in my avatar folder.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
See, I think a big piece of evidence for Ridley is this. Smash 4 is the first Smash game made for fans, that is made to sell a console. In the past, we can admit, Sakurai was a little selfish. Purposefully ignoring fan requests because it's "his" game, which it is of course. And Nintendo would try to kill the Smash competitive community.

The failing of the Wii U is the best thing to ever happen to Nintendo fans. Nintendo is making progress with the three main points of game developers of the 21st century: Creating good online components, Listening to fans, and allowing content creators on the internet to promote Nintendo titles. The last one of which Nintendo still needs to work on.

In the past years Nintendo has done their own thing and been plain stupid to put it quite frankly. They're like the old man at the family get togethers that doesn't want to admit that smartphones have improved quality of life.

With the failure of the Wii U's launch. Nintendo had to make a plan. That plan was put into action this year in what I like to call "The Big 4 Plan". It's Nintendo's four big games/actions they are taking to address the changes in gaming of the 21st century (as addressed above) and save the Wii U. The Big 4 are as follows.

1) Virtual Console games on Wii U (Earthbound)

2) Mario Kart 8

3) Smash 4 (Nintendo's main focus)

4) Zelda

We're gonna focus on Smash obviously here. Nintendo is now having to listen to fans because of the Wii U doing lackluster. This is why he Wii U not doing good is great for us. Nintendo finally supports the competitive community and wants to make a game that people can play competitively as seen with the Invitational.

Obviously to sell Smash they need big characters that kids and adults will both enjoy for Nostalgia/Relevance/Coolness.

Now, who is the most requested character on the internet? Mii of course! But that's a different topic. /s

Now who is the BIGGEST requested character on the internet? Ridley.

There is no way Nintendo does not know this. He is perfect for Smash and is one of the few characters that could sell Wii Us. Which is what Nintendo wants. They're not going to waste time with more JRPG swordsmen. They need unique characters. Ridley fits the nostalgia role for the older audience, and the coolness role for kids nowaday. "Woah man look at how sick this Purple Dragon is!"

TL;DR: Wii U failing and Nintendo listening is the biggest case for Ridley

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
See, I think a big piece of evidence for Ridley is this. Smash 4 is the first Smash game made for fans, that is made to sell a console. In the past, we can admit, Sakurai was a little selfish. Purposefully ignoring fan requests because it's "his" game, which it is of course. And Nintendo would try to kill the Smash competitive community.

The failing of the Wii U is the best thing to ever happen to Nintendo fans. Nintendo is making progress with the three main points of game developers of the 21st century: Creating good online components, Listening to fans, and allowing content creators on the internet to promote Nintendo titles. The last one of which Nintendo still needs to work on.

In the past years Nintendo has done their own thing and been plain stupid to put it quite frankly. They're like the old man at the family get togethers that doesn't want to admit that smartphones have improved quality of life.

With the failure of the Wii U's launch. Nintendo had to make a plan. That plan was put into action this year in what I like to call "The Big 4 Plan". It's Nintendo's four big games/actions they are taking to address the changes in gaming of the 21st century (as addressed above) and save the Wii U. The Big 4 are as follows.

1) Virtual Console games on Wii U (Earthbound)

2) Mario Kart 8

3) Smash 4 (Nintendo's main focus)

4) Zelda

We're gonna focus on Smash obviously here. Nintendo is now having to listen to fans because of the Wii U doing lackluster. This is why he Wii U not doing good is great for us. Nintendo finally supports the competitive community and wants to make a game that people can play competitively as seen with the Invitational.

Obviously to sell Smash they need big characters that kids and adults will both enjoy for Nostalgia/Relevance/Coolness.

Now, who is the most requested character on the internet? Mii of course! But that's a different topic. /s

Now who is the BIGGEST requested character on the internet? Ridley. There is no way Nintendo does not know this. He is perfect for Smash and is one of the few characters that could sell Wii Us. Which is what Nintendo wants. They're not going to waste time with more JRPG swordsmen. They need unique characters. Ridley fits the nostalgia role for the older audience, and the coolness role for kids nowaday. "Woah man look at how sick this Purple Dragon is!"

TL;DR: Wii U failing and Nintendo listening is the biggest case for Ridley
I would definitely agree with you on this, if Nintendo would also announce a new Metroid game for Wii U or 3DS the same day.

But I'm starting to wonder if Sakurai thinks the Smash series can survive just fine by name alone.

Top Bottom