• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

fill

20EggsEggs
Ridley will not be playable he was 100% deconfirmed at the direct stop being in deny and also Ridley is too big he has to be a boss the dream us dead end this thread I don't see why it's still open Krystal is a far better choice with Anthony deal with it he is and will always be a boss.

Now it's on.
800 pages here we come

PlasticBag

Smash Apprentice
Imagine:
Epic trailer, shows off veterans meta knight, Wario and ganondorf and newcomers palutenainazuma and Shulk. Then screen goes black, you near Ridleys super metroid cry, and....
We get a release date for the 3ds version.
:troll:
No Captain Falcon, no E3.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's funny how this thread as near 880k views while I'm positive to get to 20k for the Paper Mario thread :p

But seriously, how many pages do you think that this thread will do on June 10?

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Why are we supporting Ridley? There are far more better characters in the metroid universe like Anthony, Adam or one of those hunters...What were their names again?
Anyway, what would be the reaction if tomorrow or monday pd is like this
We see Gerudo Valley and Ganondorf's shadow, sakurai comment is this, "Here we have another look at Gerudo Valley, an enemy's from Link past may appear at any moment, oh and remember, boss characters appears in other stages, not just this one"

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
lol keep dreaming you didnt disprove my point haha no point arguing with you ur in denyalism and too stuborn to keep a civilized conversation lol ill leave you alone in you fantasy world where you can play characters that are the size of the statue of liberty but oh well you keep insulting me well ill report to the mods and ask for the lock of th thread hell even sakurai is tired of your hopes just stop people u are all wrong haha dammit so funny when u know Anthony and Krystal will be in haha im dying here hah

PlasticBag

Smash Apprentice
lol keep dreaming you didnt disprove my point haha no point arguing with you ur in denyalism and too stuborn to keep a civilized conversation lol ill leave you alone in you fantasy world where you can play characters that are the size of the statue of liberty but oh well you keep insulting me well ill report to the mods and ask for the lock of th thread hell even sakurai is tired of your hopes just stop people u are all wrong haha dammit so funny when u know Anthony and Krystal will be in haha im dying here hah
"where you can play characters that are the size of the statue of liberty"

I'll give you props, that made me laugh

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It's funny how this thread as near 880k views while I'm positive to get to 20k for the Paper Mario thread :p

But seriously, how many pages do you think that this thread will do on June 10?
At least 800 or so, I guess. If he is confirmed. The thing is, his forum will be created if he is confirmed, so this thread specifically will get way less posts.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
lol theres no point in talkin with dees people. YOUR ***** ass dragon wont be playable GODD. like do we need to say it in chinese like sakurai did???? HES A BOSS. would u imagine if 4 ridleys be on 1 stage dats impossible.and we already got a dragon its enough and he's not even popular in china and thats where sakurai lives do you really think he would put a character in this game if his own country doesnt even support him?? and this is a NINTENDO game and ridley is from team ninja or something. u guys are so stupid

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
You people are confused its not that Sakurai won't put Ridley in! He tried but look at what trying to do the impossible did....Sakurai's hand injuries happened while trying to play God and make Ridley playable. Its physically impossible.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would write on his comments said "YES I REALLY WANT RIDLEY SO 56 PEOPLE WANTS HIM SO MAKE HIM PLAYABLE PLEASE!!!!"
To be fair, Gilbert Gottfried as Ridley would be hilarious. Almost as much as Samuel L. Jackson voicing Kirby.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
So Operation 777 pages before E3 is almost complete.

Great King Ridley would be most pleased, yeeeeesssssssssssssssss...

D

Deleted member

Am I in the right thread? D:

(I know we're close to E3, but you don't need to go crazy on me)
Stop being delusional. he was shown at BOSS HAZARDS, which means he's a boss
This thread is going insane, someone needs to do something

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Guys, I think I'm going insane.
Stop being delusional. he was shown at BOSS HAZARDS, which means he's a boss
This thread is going insane, someone needs to do something
I knew I was insane!

Quick, to the nearest Arkham Asylum!

...I mean guys, really, it's only a few more days. Wrap some ducked-tape around your sanity. It should fix. Me, personally I'll use superglue.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman

I knew I was insane!

...I mean guys, really, it's only a few more days. Wrap some ducked-tape around your sanity. It should fix. Me, personally I'll use superglue.
It's duct tape.
You're more insane than we ever imagined.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
It's duct tape.
You're more insane than we ever imagined.
I'm looooooosing my miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnddddda!

Duct-tape. Superglue. GORILLA GLUE (if you think that will work). Staples. Use them on your sanity people.

But, seriously, someone do something before the thread falls further into the insanity.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Are you guys ready for his reveal on the 10th?

Steelia

Smash Champion
So the E3 booths are being set up, and people are being fueled by hopes and rumors. I'm not one to really look forward to these kinds of events, it's never worked out well in the past... but I hope we see a playable Ridley next week.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284

I knew I was insane!

Quick question:

Arkham Asylum as in Batman, or Arkham Asylum as in Arkham from the Lovecraft Mythos? Both are a thing.

Anyways, Gilbert Gotfried as Ridley...made me laugh milk out my nose.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Quick question:

Arkham Asylum as in Batman, or Arkham Asylum as in Arkham from the Lovecraft Mythos? Both are a thing.
Both. I'm that insane. Mwahahahahahahahah!:evil: *gets bisected vertically in a comical fashion and wheeled off to both Arkhams*

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Okay, so on the one side, the detractors suggest Ridley's a boss hazard due to the 8/9 second footage of him on Pyrosphere.

On the other side, we have the missing lava, missing lava spores, different purple tubes for Pyrosphere FD, and Ridley's seemingly small shadow.

Neither are 100% confirmation for his role.

Let's say Ridley is meant to be a Boss hazard in that clip, the questions are:

• Why does the Pyrosphere FD lack the lava, spores and have different purple things if they're just aesthetic features?
  • If they don't do anything, why remove/change them?
  • Why does Ridley's shadow seem to make him smaller than his Brawl form?
  • If he's a boss, why bother scaling him down if he's not playable?
  • From what we've seen, Boss characters seem to appear on flat stages (kind of like a FD version) or stages with no floating platforms, so why is Ridley appearing on Pyrosphere when there are floating platforms?
  • Do they move or are they in a fixed position?
  • If he's meant to fly down from above in that Direct clip, why didn't the shadow show up from the right much sooner if he's massive?
  • How can Ridley, after 8/9 months prior to the first Pyrosphere PotD, not be finished still?
I think not showing him because the model "isn't finished" is absolute baloney, especially for a team with people from Bandai Namco who have experience in creating fighting games (I'm sure a stage element would be, for them, a piece of cake to create).
  • If his model wasn't yet finished, why didn't Sakurai just show the model in progress anyway?
  • Yellow Devil (at E3 2013) and Dark Emperor (PotD 03 December 2013) were shown, even though they weren't finished, so why not for Ridley?
There were even place holder portrait images used for unfinished playable characters in the SSB Direct (Diddy Kong's portrait was his portrait from Brawl), Sakurai did say it's a game in development after all.
  • If his model wasn't yet finished, why did Sakurai and his team work on and finish the Pyrosphere FD before the original Pyrosphere?
  • Shouldn't the priority have gone to finishing the non-FD stages first?
  • Why was there no sound to the clip?
  • It was obviously Ridley, 100%, so is Sakurai hiding something that would give Ridley's role away?
  • Why is Ridley the only "Boss character" not shown, just hinted at?
  • Why is he the only boss character teased so much from this past year? (Yellow Devil's likely been shown so much because it's a third party character)
  • Why has Ridley's name not been mentioned at all?
He has been hinted and referred to in a PotD as "Samus' trauma", and his shadow was shown in the Direct. Yet, not named.
  • Ridley is popular in the West, I think more popular than Little Mac. Why should Little Mac (who didn't get much of a good reception from Japanese fans as it is) get in, but Ridley does not?
  • All of the "de-confirmed" characters get named, shown and their roles specified. Ridley has just been teased and his role is still ambiguous, what are you trying to hide Sakurai?
  • If he's a stage/boss hazard, why wait so long to reveal that and make people wait so long and then kill their hopes, at a big event (which would be insensitive to Ridley fans)?
  • Why not just reveal it months back alongside the stage reveal, saving us the extra heartache?
  • Sakurai - messing with Ridley and his fans, causing further conflicts between supporters and detractors, u mad bro?
I seriously hope it's good news for Ridley on the 10th, otherwise I'll be annoyed after all this time of teasing/trolling...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Okay, so on the one side, the detractors suggest Ridley's a boss hazard due to the 8/9 second footage of him on Pyrosphere.

On the other side, we have the missing lava, missing lava spores, different purple tubes for Pyrosphere FD, and Ridley's seemingly small shadow.

• Why does the Pyrosphere FD lack the lava, spores and have different purple things if they're just aesthetic features?
  • From what we've seen, Boss characters seem to appear on flat stages (kind of like a FD version) or stages with no floating platforms, so why is Ridley appearing on Pyrosphere when there are floating platforms?
  • If he's meant to fly down from above in that Direct clip, why didn't the shadow show up from the right much sooner if he's massive?
  • How can Ridley, after 8/9 months prior to the first Pyrosphere PotD, not be finished still?
I think not showing him because the model "isn't finished" is absolute baloney, especially for a team with people from Bandai Namco who have experience in creating fighting games (I'm sure a stage element would be, for them, a piece of cake to create).
  • If his model wasn't yet finished, why didn't Sakurai just show the model in progress anyway?
  • Yellow Devil (at E3 2013) and Dark Emperor (PotD 03 December 2013) were shown, even though they weren't finished, so why not for Ridley?
There were even place holder portrait images used for unfinished playable characters in the SSB Direct (Diddy Kong's portrait was his portrait from Brawl), Sakurai did say it's a game in development after all.
  • If his model wasn't yet finished, why did Sakurai and his team work on and finish the Pyrosphere FD before the original Pyrosphere?
  • It was obviously Ridley, 100%, so is Sakurai hiding something that would give Ridley's role away?
  • Why is he the only boss character teased so much from this past year? (Yellow Devil's likely been shown so much because it's a third party character)
He has been hinted and referred to in a PotD as "Samus' trauma", and his shadow was shown in the Direct. Yet, not named.
  • Ridley is popular in the West, I think more popular than Little Mac. Why should Little Mac (who didn't get much of a good reception from Japanese fans as it is) get in, but Ridley does not?
  • All of the "de-confirmed" characters get named, shown and their roles specified. Ridley has just been teased and his role is still ambiguous, what are you trying to hide Sakurai?
  • If he's a stage/boss hazard, why wait so long to reveal that and make people wait so long and then kill their hopes, at a big event (which would be insensitive to Ridley fans)?
  • Why not just reveal it months back alongside the stage reveal, saving us the extra heartache?
  • Sakurai - messing with Ridley and his fans, causing further conflicts between supporters and detractors, u mad bro?
I seriously hope it's good news for Ridley on the 10th, otherwise I'll be annoyed after all this time of teasing/trolling...
I agree with all that @ OblivionWolf OblivionWolf will be proud

and as for the 10th (well he could be shown on the 11th or 12th if not shown on the 10th just like wii fit trainer on the 2013 E3)

Last edited:

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I like to compare character support threads to hockey teams and we are the players. And of course there are large rivalries such as Montreal vs Boston, exept that in this case it's Robin vs Chrom. I wonder what hockey team Ridley would play for

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This basically sums up the entire debate, if Sakurai makes him a boss, not only it will be a s*** move to do on the supporters but we would also get a small and slow moving boss, I'm pretty excited to fight YD while playing with my friends, but making Ridley a disapointing boss would be even worse than not having him playable

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
So if Ridley does use his other m model, what would his alt be? I imagine they would give him his meta form, but obviously tweak it so it fits the other m model. I could also see Sakurai giving him an alt based on his corrupted form, that has always been my favorite look of Ridley so I would be very happy with it.

Top Bottom