• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This thread is going to be a **** show once Ridley's official status is revealed...just look at all the attention its getting as it is based on a couple of vague screenshots and a brief video clip of a shadow...

Oh hey Scoliosis I didn't realize we lived so close to each other. I'm from Jamestown and just graduated from Fredonia. Random, I know, but its still pretty cool.
This thread reached that stage a long time ago, the only negative stage it can reach at this point is to go insane to the point where it gets potentially locked.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Uh CLEARLY Captain Toad is the second most important character in SMG 1 and 2. If it wasn't for his escapades to find like, ALL the power stars for Mario and for his INDOMITABLE BRAVERY Mario never would've even come close to defeating Bowser. All Rosalina does is sit around on her spaceship.

I mean:

this^ character is obviously MUCH stronger and more important to the story than this:

Captain Toad even has the almighty head lamp, all Rosalina has is a hollow star wand that cheap parents buy for their 5 year old daughters at Dollar Stores.

Therefore Rosalina shouldn't be shipped with Ridley, it should all be Captain Toad X Ridley. DUH.

If my blatant use of Caps Lock and all around immature and bigoted tone weren't enough to convey it, I'm kidding, Rosalina is actually my favorite character from the Mario Universe <3.:troll:
Eh? I'm a RidleyxPalutena supporter. You should take that argument over to AndreaAC or WingedSnagret.

Here's hoping for a Ridley version of this.
Oh, I would definitely scream like a little girl if he's confirmed. I was indifferent to Mega Man's reveal last year, so hopefully this E3 will appeal to me.

majora_787

Smash Hero
They're gonna think you're idiots because you do stuff like this.
As much as I greatly appreciate your condescending and negative attitude toward people here supporting Ridley and making a deliberate attempt to not be identical in poor behavior to the anti-Ridley base, I'm going to have to remind you that most people here probably DON'T care for that option. Believe it or not, being hated by ridiculous people for not dropping to their level is actually not really a bad alternative. If literally everyone ran around to character support threads screaming "STOP LIKING CHARACTERS AND GAMES THEY WERE DECONFIRMED BECAUSE I SAID SO", maybe they wouldn't hate us as much. *MAYBE*. But most people don't really want to have to act like that.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Looks like the thread will make it to lucky page 777 after all. I was sorta doubtful, but I am happy to see this happen.
I don't know if it's necessary a good thing of having a character thread that several times larger then even it's rival character threads particularly when the number of page is mostly a result of the same 4-5 debates types in a circular fashion.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You're completely missing my point. The issue isn't that people think Ridley might be a boss based off that logic is people use that as evidence of 100% facts and ignore all other evidence as unnecessary, when the EXACT same statement can be applied to Pikachu just as easily. As I've said hundreds of times, the ridiculous people aren't the people who think Ridley is unlikely, they're the people who ignore all evidence and call him 100% without a doubt confirmed or deconfirmed.

And you can ignore things all you want yourself because you don't think it's legitimate regardless of its legitimacy, that's also not the issue in and of itself.
I agree with you to an extent. I do not believe you can apply it to Pikachu, simply because it's not even close to applying the same imeaning on him. Clearly. The only people who would believe that are dense as hell. There's no reason to believe Pikachu would be a boss, whereas there is plenty reason to believe Ridley is one.

The clip, as you and I both know, was directed at Ridley. The only reason I could see Sakurai trolling is if he wanted to go MASTER Troll mode, which I still personally do not believe. That's mainly because the evidence I have seen presented in here is debatable at best. I frankly don't see Ridley happening based on the clip and its context, shadow animation be damned.

But yes. I agree that people who are 100% sure either way are basically fools, and that's because Smash as a series can be unpredictable. All my point was that both sides have some merit. Just nothing proving it either way.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I don't know if it's necessary a good thing of having a character thread that several times larger then even it's rival character threads particularly when the number of page is mostly a result of the same 4-5 debates types in a circular fashion.
I find it fitting actually. The detractors are always going on about Ridley's size, and at the same time his support thread gets bigger and bigger because of them. Poetic justice.

KamenRiderWUMBO

Smash Rookie
As much as I greatly appreciate your condescending and negative attitude toward people here supporting Ridley and making a deliberate attempt to not be identical in poor behavior to the anti-Ridley base, I'm going to have to remind you that most people here probably DON'T care for that option. Believe it or not, being hated by ridiculous people for not dropping to their level is actually not really a bad alternative. If literally everyone ran around to character support threads screaming "STOP LIKING CHARACTERS AND GAMES THEY WERE DECONFIRMED BECAUSE I SAID SO", maybe they wouldn't hate us as much. *MAYBE*. But most people don't really want to have to act like that.
:\
i tried but theres just no arguing with you people

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
The main issue is with people who go "Sakurai showed Ridley when he mentioned stage bosses so he is definitely 100% deconfirmed", when Sakurai also showed Pikachu. I'm aware that it doesn't apply to Pikachu because I think that line of thought in and of itself is ridiculous. Was it Sakurai implying Ridley to possibly be a boss? Yes. Was it Sakurai saying Ridley was definitely 100% a boss? No.

But most people seem to think it anyway. E3 can't stop these shenanigans soon enough tbth.

EDIT: You can :\ me all you want. But if an angry, belligerent, illiterate alcoholic hates me because I read in front of him, what am I supposed to do? Stop reading forever and forget how to understand languages, lose myself in booze for the rest of my life so he doesn't hate me? Or not care and continue to live a better lifestyle? You can tell me to do the former all you want but that's really not going to happen.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I guess it's only fitting for the "biggest potential newcomer" to have the most amount of pages in his/her support thread.

But I don't think this thread would've been nearly as large if we never had the whole Pyrosphere spectacle.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I guess it's only fitting for the "biggest potential newcomer" to have the most amount of pages in his/her support thread.

But I don't think this thread would've been nearly as large if we never had the whole Pyrosphere spectacle.
It definitely wouldn't. And now that E3's coming up, it's on a fast track to critical mass no matter what. All I know is I'm getting out before the meltdown goes down Tuesday morning. :p

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I find it fitting actually. The detractors are always going on about Ridley's size, and at the same time his support thread gets bigger and bigger because of them. Poetic justice.
I'm not sure I entirely agree as it seems to be based on fanaticism and a bit too much devotion to the 'cause' on both sides of the debate, and though it's not a 50/50 issue by any means, it does mean we do have people putting a bit too much of themselves in the realm of a single character getting in or not which I'm not sure I'd consider that a healthy approach.

It's just hard to look at other character threads even to say K Rool for example which only has about 1/3 of the posts, and other high ranking characters not even reaching that number. I'm not sure I can call this thread a particularly healthy one simply because it's larger, it's just stuffed with rinse and repeat for both detractors and defenders.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm not sure I entirely agree as it seems to be based on fanaticism and a bit too much devotion to the 'cause' on both sides of the debate, and though it's not a 50/50 issue by any means, it does mean we do have people putting a bit too much of themselves in the realm of a single character getting in or not which I'm not sure I'm consider that a healthy approach.

It's just hard to look at other character threads even to say K Rool for example which only has about 1/3 of the posts, and other high ranking characters not even reaching that number. I'm not sure I can call this thread a particularly healthy one simply because it's larger, it's just stuffed with rinse and repeat for both detractors and defenders.
To be fair, K. Rool fans weren't hit with an update about Gangplank Galleon as a new stage, with Sakurai hinting towards King K. Rool's presence as a stage hazard.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, I'm done trying to catch up with everything I've missed since March. I won't get anything else done otherwise. Guess I'll just get ready for Tuesday.
I haven't been here since April. I solved the issue of catching up by just burning everything that was ahead of me. :laugh:

I won't be here on this thread when E3 starts, so that way I don't have to engage in the joy or tears of this thread.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
:\
i tried but theres just no arguing with you people
Than go away. Why are you even visiting this thread when you're clearly not a Ridley supporter in a SUPPORT THREAD.

If you dont like ridleysupporters, leave this thread alone. Nobody cares. Bye.

''I dislike mii and all the miisupporters. Lets go to their support thread and teach them a lesson on how they should act.''

Gurl bye lol.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Plot twist ; Ridley is hinted again at E3 without anything solid said.
Will smashboards crash ? As the Ridley-supporters ?

majora_787

Smash Hero
So, you gave up? Majora_797's giving you valid responses. That's just weak, man. ":\"
Also you're ignorant.
I've been promoted.

Plot twist: Despite being a website, Smashboards will literally burn to the ground with actual fire when E3 happens and it will be ridiculous.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anything major going on here now? E3 is only 4 days away, so things should get interesting to say the least.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Plot twist: e3 wont even show any characters as this is the final roster.
I seriously don't think Sakurai would show us the entire roster before the game came out. He seems like the kind of guy who would SAY he reveals the whole roster, reveal most of it, and still have a character or two hidden way away in the game somewhere that nobody knows about.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I seriously don't think Sakurai would show us the entire roster before the game came out. He seems like the kind of guy who would SAY he reveals the whole roster, reveal most of it, and still have a character or two hidden way away in the game somewhere that nobody knows about.
I can't help but agree with that sentiment. Besides, we'd still have to wait for Wario, Ganon, Captain Falcon, and Ness to show up.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I know I wasn't serious XD

I'm btw hoping that classic mode will return with metal Mario, fighting polygon team and master hand as final bosses. Brawl and melee's classic mode sucked!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Plot twist ; Ridley is hinted again at E3 without anything solid said.
Will smashboards crash ? As the Ridley-supporters ?
But hinted to what, exactly? Unless the 3DS is coming in late August, there will not be another Nintendo Direct to reveal more newcomers, before the release. Unless the hint is SO obvious that we will be 100% sure that Ridley is playable, I don't see the point. And I would hate that. This thing should end already, give us a confirmation or the opposite.

Edit: Holy mother of Batman, 1000 posts!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But hinted to what, exactly? Unless the 3DS is coming in late August, there will not be another Nintendo Direct to reveal more newcomers, before the release. Unless the hint is SO obvious that we will be 100% sure that Ridley is playable, I don't see the point. And I would hate that. This thing should end already, give us a confirmation or the opposite.

Edit: Holy mother of Batman, 1000 posts!
Agreed. We just need confirmation about Ridley's appearance, and Sakurai would be stupid to TEASE him again rather than outright confirming or denying.

Staarih

Smash Master
This thread is going to be a **** show once Ridley's official status is revealed...just look at all the attention its getting as it is based on a couple of vague screenshots and a brief video clip of a shadow...
No no, this thread will only be a memory as Ridley shall get his own sub-forum and THAT'S where all the craziness will continue to happen. Ridley shall be playable!

Looks like the thread will make it to lucky page 777 after all. I was sorta doubtful, but I am happy to see this happen.
The Ridley-thread is probably the only support-thread that can actually reach goals this humongous haha! 777 pages not far away, that's a crazy amount really. Long live the Ridley-support!

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ridley's confirmation will actually blow a hole in Smashboards. The moderators will have nothing to do but look on in fear and try to douse the flames before they can lock or move the thread to the Ridley subforum.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Plot twist: There is no plot twist.

But seriously now, these upcoming days are going to be nothing but chaos, culminating into an explosion of purified madness. How madness can be purified is yet to be figured out, but it will happen I can assure you.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
5 more days!!! I'm excited guys. I was very much bummed out after the Direct but after reading this thread and rethinking some of the stuff in said direct, Ridley has more of a chance than I thought. Hopefully we're all in for a treat because this SHOULD be where Sakurai pulls his aces, so to speak. Ridley and K Rool would make a lot of people happy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom