• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Don't worry, he'll be the last one to appear in that scenario.

Although I hope we get various trailers for each separate character in a row.

King K. Rool's trailer ends; immediately start Palutena's trailer; immediately after that, Ridley's trailer.
Yup separate character trailers would be best...

Not that I have something against Ridley being revealed in the same trailer alongside K.Rool and Palutena..but....

they are kinda meh for me....but that's just me...the reveal itself will be a great thing anyway....

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
'Eh, I think it'd be better if K. Rool is announced at the end of the Digital Event, and Ridley at the end of the tournament. Just so we could have an epic "Kredits" scene with K. Rool but Ridley would still be the last, and more prominent one shown off. Ridley would definitely be hyped like crazy so I totally think he would be the last one shown off at E3 (granted, they could pull another "oh, and this character, too" post-E3, but Ridley would be shown at E3).

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
It seems like it would just be easier to reveal more than one character in one big trailer, really.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
It seems a few Ridley fans want K Rool as well must be a reptile thing :chuckle:

I want him in too

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
...It's crazy guys...

...But honestly... lately I've not been feeling as excited over the prospect of playable Ridley. I don't get it. I've been wanting him forever. And now less than a week until we finally find out, and...

...I don't think I care if Ridley is plaHAHAHAHAAAA!!! HAAAHAHAHAA.....

...Whew! Couldn't say that with a straight face! Lawl, can't wait! Just thinking about the possibility still sprouts a grin on my face followed by hating myself for getting so giddy over a video game character. :p

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think K. Rool's chances to be in SSB4 are abysmal, but I am a supporter of him as well. DKC2 still is my favorite single player game.

Morbi

Scavenger
...It's crazy guys...

...But honestly... lately I've not been feeling as excited over the prospect of playable Ridley. I don't get it. I've been wanting him forever. And now less than a week until we finally find out, and...

...I don't think I care if Ridley is plaHAHAHAHAAAA!!! HAAAHAHAHAA.....

...Whew! Couldn't say that with a straight face! Lawl, can't wait! Just thinking about the possibility still sprouts a grin on my face followed by hating myself for getting so giddy over a video game character. :p
Ah, I see. I was going to just respond with, "wait for the trailer, your excitement will resurface" or something to that extent. I am actually not very excited at the prospect of playable Ridley as much either as I added another character to my want list that does not have a great chance. Ridley will have the honor of being the only character that I want in the game at least.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
At this point, it's not a matter of "Is he in?" that has me worried so much as "Does he look fun to play?"

I'm honestly a little scared because...what if he looks terrible to play with?

Then I remember that an entire year was devoted to keeping him a secret rather than pushing him out ASAP, so he should be at least halfway decent to play as.

Morbi

Scavenger
At this point, it's not a matter of "Is he in?" that has me worried so much as "Does he look fun to play?"

Then I remember that an entire year was devoted to keeping him a secret rather than pushing him out ASAP, so he should be at least halfway decent to play as.
That is actually the predominant reason that I did not vehemently support him prior to the Direct. It would be unfortunate to support a character with such enthusiasm and then proceed to... well... not play them.

Reila

I cant help but imagine Ridley's gameplay similar to Firebrand in Marvel vs Capcom 3:

If he plays like Firebrand, then I have no worries he will be an interesting and unique character in Smash.

(I hate Capcom for never releasing this game for PC, btw).

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
I cant help but imagine Ridley's gameplay similar to Firebrand in Marvel vs Capcom 3:

If he plays like Firebrand, then I have no worries he will be an interesting and unique character in Smash.

(I hate Capcom for never releasing this game for PC, btw).
I haven't played Marvel in forever Ghost Rider and Phoenix Wright was on one of my teams, the struggle was real.

@ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt All the character in Smash 4 all seem aesthetically pleasing IMO, so Sakurai will probably do Ridley justice.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It seems like it would just be easier to reveal more than one character in one big trailer, really.
It would be, but I've heard Sakurai confirmed (yeah, Sakurai confirmed lol; its hard to tell what if anything Sakurai has ACTUALLY confirmed) that every newcomer will get their own trailer. And so far that has been the case. So yeah, I can't really see him suddenly changing things and announcing a bunch of new characters in one trailer. Maybe a new character and a returning one.

I think K. Rool's chances to be in SSB4 are abysmal, but I am a supporter of him as well. DKC2 still is my favorite single player game.
I thought the same; as much as I wanted K. Rool in, there's no way they'd add him over Dixie Kong. Then the Kremlings appeared in the Smash Direct and I changed my mind.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I for one support the idea of unblockable swoop attacks

Know that's not what you meant about Firebrand

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm a little worried about K. Rool too.

Y'see, in my ideal world, This iteration of K. Rool would be the Donkey Kong newcomer who cribs moves off his other alter egos.

Seriously, that gun is AWESOME. Sadly, I'm realistic enough to realize that we'll only ever get the traditional crown and cape.

I'm going to be slightly disappointed if in the scenario K. Rool is unveiled, his moveset ISN'T based on that awesome gun.

Reila

It would be, but I've heard Sakurai confirmed (yeah, Sakurai confirmed lol; its hard to tell what if anything Sakurai has ACTUALLY confirmed) that every newcomer will get their own trailer. And so far that has been the case. So yeah, I can't really see him suddenly changing things and announcing a bunch of new characters in one trailer. Maybe a new character and a returning one.

I thought the same; as much as I wanted K. Rool in, there's no way they'd add him over Dixie Kong. Then the Kremlings appeared in the Smash Direct and I changed my mind.
Dixie's chances are even more abysmal lol. Unless they put her in the game as a semi-clone of Diddy (which would be better than not having her in the game).

Kremlings do make K. Rool's chances slightly better, though.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I trend toward not believing anything Sakurai says at face value anymore. The guy flip-flops more than a sandal store.

Anyway, I mean it in a sort of Brawl trailer kinda way. Though I guess individual trailers would build more hype. I dunno. :Ia

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Ridley is best Hyrule Warrior.

Pretty much the same thing
Maybe Metroid could have its own version of Hyrule Warriors someday, and be called Galactic Warriors or something... Somethin like that has sorta been a fanboy dream of mine before Hyrule Warriors was even a thing, actually. To see Ridley fight/kill other hunters besides Samus.

I would actually prefer if Ridley's trailer isn't exclusive to him. As I suggested in Palutena's thread, I would like them to be revealed together, just for the lulz.
I bet some fans of hers didn't take too kindly to the idea. :troll:

M

Nice idea for a move set! I really like it.. But where'd the idea for a reflector come from? I've never heard if Ridley using one before(granted, my memory from playing what few Metroid games I've played is kinda foggy)
I also kinda had an idea where Ridley is mainly seen flying, that he could hover on every jump he has. But that would probably be a little too OP wouldn't it..
Also he should be able to wall-grab and slowly slide down in reference to MP3: Corruption :)
If you recall in the Other M boss fight, Ridley darkens and hardens his skin during certain points of the battle, which deflects everything off of him except a focused super missile attack in 1st person. Pretty much where he got the reflector idea from.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Maybe Metroid could have its own version of Hyrule Warriors someday, and be called Galactic Warriors or something... Somethin like that has sorta been a fanboy dream of mine before Hyrule Warriors was even a thing, actually. To see Ridley fight/kill other hunters besides Samus.
Well, apparently the original name for Metroid WAS Space Hunter...
Maybe we can add an s to make it the title of the Samus beat em up, Space Hunters.

Cue complaints about lack of exploration and focus on story and linearity.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Only problem is that Metroid has a distinct lack of characters to use, and Musou games are known for having pretty big rosters of characters, at least the recent iterations/spin-offs. So the roster would be like, six versions of Samus, Anthony Higgs, Ridley (both versions), Kraid and Super Metroid Mother Brain (Final Boss Form).

... Honestly, I'm joking around, but the more I think about it, the more I kinda want to see it.

EDIT:

Just thought I'd entertain the idea of Metroid Musou. We'd probably see:

* NES Metroid Samus
* Super Metroid Samus (Varia)
* Super Metroid Samus (Gravity)
* Other M Samus
* Prime Samus (Normal)
* Prime Samus (Phazon)
* Fusion Samus (Varia)
* SA-X
* Dark Samus
* Anthony Higgs
* Adam Malkovich
* Ridley
* Roidley
* Meta Ridley
* Omega Ridley
* Mecha Ridley (Incomplete)
* Mecha Ridley (Complete)
* Kraid
* Mini-Kraid
* Draygon
* Nightmare
* Super Metroid Mother Brain (Final Boss)
* Phantoon
* Kanden
* Weavel
* Spire
* Sylux
* Noxus
* Trace
* Gandrayda
* Ghor
* Queen Metroid
* Omega Metroid
* "The Baby"
* Crocomire
* Torizo / Gold Torizo

I'm sure there's way more there, but shoot.. I guess I was wrong about Metroid Musou having a lack of playable characters. I am behind the idea 100%.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord

I bet some fans of hers didn't take too kindly to the idea. :troll:

If you recall in the Other M boss fight, Ridley darkens and hardens his skin during certain points of the battle, which deflects everything off of him except a focused super missile attack in 1st person. Pretty much where he got the reflector idea from.
Oh, I guess that could work. Haha.
@ ChunkyBeef ChunkyBeef
I'm hoping Anthony Higgs becomes a part of the playable cast. It would remind me that there's another good reason why Samus is wearing that stupid Other M redesigned power suit..

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, some didn't. One of her supporters suggested she should behead Ridley in the trailer. :laugh:
What is this, Smash or Mortal Kombat? Go figure though. :ohwell:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
:/ I suddently thought that, I hope that Ridley's reveal trailer is JUST about him and not with other characters...like Greninja's trailer....

I have been waiting for HIM and only HIM...so I would really want that the reaveal trailer mainly focuses on Ridley....
Why not have a trailer like this?

Pit and Samus scale up a tall mountain that looks suspiciously
like that one from Fire Emblem Awakening.....The camera zooms in on a dying risen and a blue-haired swordsman with his back away from the camera...The camera zooms into the man's right shoulder which shows the royal insigna of the Ylissean Bloodline...and the man turns to face the camera....BOOM!
Chrom joins the battle!

..................The trailer does not stop here.............
A pillar of smoke is seen rising in the horizon from the mountain top. Chrom rushes to the village, fearing that the Risen are responsible for the attack. Pit and Samus follow Chrom to the burning village. The whole village is destroyed and flames are still lingering....Strangely, there are dying Risen all over the place. Samus scans the environment and wonders who could do such a thing.....An unsettling roar echoes...Samus's visor shows elevated levels of stress. The camera shifts to 1st person and something flies towards Samus and lands infront of her. Pit and Samus stand next to a frightened Samus. The camera zooms out to shows the Purple Dragon we know and love....BOOM!
Ridley invades the BattleField

Morbi

Scavenger
What is this, Smash or Mortal Kombat? Go figure though. :ohwell:
There is a difference?

like that one from Fire Emblem Awakening.....The camera zooms in on a dying risen and a blue-haired swordsman with his back away from the camera...The camera zooms into the man's right shoulder which shows the royal insigna of the Ylissean Bloodline...and the man turns to face the camera....BOOM!
Chrom joins the battle!

A pillar of smoke is seen rising in the horizon from the mountain top. Chrom rushes to the village, fearing that the Risen are responsible for the attack. Pit and Samus follow Chrom to the burning village. The whole village is destroyed and flames are still lingering....Strangely, there are dying Risen all over the place. Samus scans the environment and wonders who could do such a thing.....An unsettling roar echoes...Samus's visor shows elevated levels of stress. The camera shifts to 1st person and something flies towards Samus and lands infront of her. Pit and Samus stand next to a frightened Samus. The camera zooms out to shows the Purple Dragon we know and love....BOOM!
I really love the idea, it sounds like a great trailer. I could actually envision it (some of these other trailer suggestions are too obscure). My one criticism, it is not a Smash/Mortal Kombat trailer without Kirby.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Chrom joins the battle!

xD I have no idea who Chrom is....again....I only wait for Ridley...not anyone else.... :3
Y2A571_0D4884C3C7DD2_000 (2).gif

Last edited:

PlasticBag

Smash Apprentice
Well, Thursday's pic of the day is trash like always, I'll bet you guys 50 cents something good will be shown tomorrow.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm honestly not worried about anyone in particular on my wishlist in terms of the top (Ridley/K.Rool/Medusa/Mewtwo). But I find it funny how three of them are very reptilian villains.

Reila

I was going to ask how exactly is Mewtwo reptilian, but never mind. Dem snakes in Medusa's head.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ridley's size, Kremlings being in the game at all, and Kid Icarus' treatment just strike me as good omens of things to come. Though I don't expect to get the latter two omens to be continued or ceased at E3.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Well, apparently the original name for Metroid WAS Space Hunter...
Maybe we can add an s to make it the title of the Samus beat em up, Space Hunters.

Cue complaints about lack of exploration and focus on story and linearity.
... Metroid Prime: Hunters? That's kind of what you seem to be aiming for...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Maybe Metroid could have its own version of Hyrule Warriors someday, and be called Galactic Warriors or something... Somethin like that has sorta been a fanboy dream of mine before Hyrule Warriors was even a thing, actually. To see Ridley fight/kill other hunters besides Samus..
I wouldn't mind that. To be honest, I actually think Team Ninja deserves another chance at making a new Metroid game, just so long as they don't have Sakamoto at the reins.

Maybe that could be the spinoff game where Ridley finally makes his debut as a playable character, if he isn't playable in SSB4.

Yeah, some didn't. One of her supporters suggested she should behead Ridley in the trailer. :laugh:
Yeeesh. That would really be out of character for Palutena. Why in all of the stars would she do that to her boyfriend a fellow Smasher?

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Looks like another Ridley argument has surfaced on Miiverse, but on today's PotD thread. It's amazing that people took everything from the Direct at face value, and suggesting that the shadow part was "evidence" of Ridley being a stage hazard, yet ignored the part with Pyrosphere FD with the missing lava and lava spores, and the purple things changed ._.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

That's always going to be a question for every newcomer, not just Ridley. Personally I'm a big fan of aerial characters, so I'm not so worried about that, I love almost every moveset anyone has whipped up for him, the only exception is having him evolve through his Other M stages.

I'm still in the stage where I'm very concerned if he's in or not, if he's in it's just happy days from there on out.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Well it is "evidence". But evidence means nothing until we get a clear answer.

Anyway, for those worried that Ridley won't ve fun to play as... don't be. If Ridley is in the game but a bad character, he's still in the game FOR GOOD. That means they can fix him up with DLC or they can fix him up in the next game. Point is, being a playable character is top priority here. Everything else we can worry about later.

Top Bottom