• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
And then it'll get locked because it's as childish if not more so than the way Ridley haters act towards you guys.
I know you all really want him in and you'll be ecstatic if he does, but him getting in doesn't mean you can act like ****s.
But how is that acting childish? You can't be serious. lol

Morbi

Scavenger
And then it'll get locked because it's as childish if not more so than the way Ridley haters act towards you guys.
I know you all really want him in and you'll be ecstatic if he does, but him getting in doesn't mean you can act like ****s.
I believe that most characters revealed have a "I was wrong" thread or something to that extent. It is probably going to happen for Ridley whether you like it or not. But I agree with your perspective. I am probably not going to participate in that thread.

D

Deleted member

I believe that most characters revealed have a "I was wrong" thread or something to that extent. It is probably going to happen for Ridley whether you like it or not. But I agree with your perspective. I am probably not going to participate in that thread.
Honestly there's nothing inherently wrong with "I was wrong" threads because it's actually people who thought that said character wouldn't be in go there and admit that they were wrong in that assumption, there's no real hostility aside from a few bad eggs. But having a thread DEDICATED to rubbing it in peoples faces is no better than them saying that the character they like isn't going to be in.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly there's nothing inherently wrong with "I was wrong" threads because it's actually people who thought that said character wouldn't be in go there and admit that they were wrong in that assumption, there's no real hostility aside from a few bad eggs. But having a thread DEDICATED to rubbing it in peoples faces is no better than them saying that the character they like isn't going to be in.
I suppose that is a different perspective, but there are going to be users that rub it in other users faces regardless of the thread. So whether or not there is a dedicated thread is irrelevant. It is actually probably better as people that believed that Ridley was not going to be playable are most likely not going to participate in that thread.

You seem really defensive about this (I could be misconstruing something). Are you a Ridley detractor or something?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Really though, the only way people would be bothered by that is if they were extremely bothered by Ridley's existence in Smash Bros., went to Smashboards, looked for the Ridley sub-forum, and went out of their way to find a sub-forum in which people were sitting around going "lol people thought Ridley was literally impossible to make playable".

D

Deleted member

I suppose that is a different perspective, but there are going to be users that rub it in other users faces regardless of the thread. So whether or not there is a dedicated thread is irrelevant. It is actually probably better as people that believed that Ridley was not going to be playable are most likely not going to participate in that thread.

You seem really defensive about this (I could be misconstruing something). Are you a Ridley detractor or something?
Not at all, and to make it clear I'm not trying to defend Ridley detractors either because I think I made it clear what I think about them as well, I just don't like seeing mean spirited topics pop up regardless of intention, or even if the other party acted the same way. It's just unjustified, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I agree with this sentiment, I understand that it's very annoying dealing with people that constantly put you and your favorite character down, but acting like an ass in turn doesn't make it anymore justified then it was when they did it to us. At the end of the day, having the character confirmed is more then enough as it shows that despite all of that negativity we had, the character we wanted was included and the detractors were wrong in treating us horribly for supporting him. We don't have to rub it in anyone's faces to get more of a satisfaction.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I agree with this sentiment, I understand that it's very annoying dealing with people that constantly put you and your favorite character down, but acting like an *** in turn doesn't make it anymore justified then it was when they did it to us. At the end of the day, having the character confirmed is more then enough as it shows that despite all of that negativity we had, the character we wanted was included and the detractors were wrong in treating us horribly for supporting him. We don't have to rub it in anyone's faces to get more of a satisfaction.
Precisely, I am actually going to avoid Smashboards on Tuesday, I do not want to endure any of the hype-induced incoherent babble regardless of whether or not Ridley is confirmed. So I probably will not be present for most of the "I told you so" moments.

D

Deleted member

I agree with this sentiment, I understand that it's very annoying dealing with people that constantly put you and your favorite character down, but acting like an *** in turn doesn't make it anymore justified then it was when they did it to us. At the end of the day, having the character confirmed is more then enough as it shows that despite all of that negativity we had, the character we wanted was included and the detractors were wrong in treating us horribly for supporting him. We don't have to rub it in anyone's faces to get more of a satisfaction.
You explained it better than I ever could, I ain't the best with words.
But what this guy said. Don't rub it in anyone's faces, having Ridley actually be confirmed is more than enough.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I agree with the above statements. We should be satisfied about the fact that Ridley ends up playable and be the more mature group who doesn't treat those who wronged us with equal malice. If detractors are going to admit they were wrong, let them say it themselves and not shove it down their throats.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
If ridley gets confirmed ill cry about king k rool. If king k rool gets confirmed Ill cry about black shadow/deathborn and if they get confirmed ill cry about duck hunt dog :D:D:D:D:D:D

**** all this happy **** move on to the next character!! :D:D:D

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I dunno about you, but the first thing I'll do when Ridley is confirmed is try seeing if my scalings were accurate to the final design.

I don't deserve to celebrate with those who wanted him since Melee. I only began actively supporting him several months after the unveiling of the Pyrosphere, so I doubt the excitement I'd have would equate all yours.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If ridley gets confirmed ill cry about king k rool. If king k rool gets confirmed Ill cry about black shadow/deathborn and if they get confirmed ill cry about duck hunt dog :D:D:D:D:D:D

**** all this happy **** move on to the next character!! :D:D:D
That's basically me, except it's probably more like Ridley > Medusa > K. Rool > Mewtwo > Deathborn. Though since I'm such a selective optimist I'm confident in everyone here except for Deathborn. :Y

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm not sure at this point if Ridley's confirmation as a playable character will ellict a generally positive or negative reaction from SmashBoards.

I know how GameFAQs will react, but this board...
From what I've seen most people would likely be happy with his announcement around these parts, he was for the longest time the character with the highest want percentage in the Rate Their Chances thread after all, at least until the Direct where many people left the bandwagon. I'm fairly certain he would be well received here, it's not for nothing he's consistently been considered the most wanted character in the west.

Also, is it just me or did this site's width shrink all of a sudden? My signature is all messed up on my part.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's not just you. I spent like an hour figuring that out.

You have to go to your preferences, scroll down until you see "forum width" and set it to "fluid".
Ah, thanks a ton, that tiny width was driving me absolutely nuts.

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
I only started to support Ridley after Brawl, because after that game I was starting to play the prime games. That is when I thought Ridley had to be in the next installment. I did play Zero Mission and Fusion way before Brawl but I did not realize how big and awesome Ridley is since he kept showing up in Metroid games, I assumed it was just those two gba games.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
That's basically me, except it's probably more like Ridley > Medusa > K. Rool > Mewtwo > Deathborn. Though since I'm such a selective optimist I'm confident in everyone here except for Deathborn. :Y
I only like villians as well XD

All the characters I want are villians. But they keep getting disconfirmed.They can't take away Ridley from me man.....

majora_787

Smash Hero
I only like villians as well XD

All the characters I want are villians. But they keep getting disconfirmed.They can't take away Ridley from me man.....
We should stay strong for our pterodactyl overlords.

EDIT: Truth be told. I wanted Ridley in the game when I saw him in Melee and was disappointed when the cool purple dragon wasn't really in the game at all. When I played Metroid Prime not long after, I *REALLY* wanted Ridley. I was part of the pre-Brawl Ridley shenanigans for a while, but then we got no Ridley. And now here I am again. :p

I'm glad this thread didn't have to be shut down and forbidden from ever opening again.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If we track all the way back to thinking he'd be a cool character, then yeah, watching the Melee opening back in 2002 was what started it for me, but back then I felt like that with a lot of characters, I don't consider my actual support to have started until 2004 when I got Zero Mission as that's when I began actively thinking about the possibilities and talking up about it. Granted it only started reaching extreme levels of want in 2006 with Brawl's announcement, and only grew from there.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think back in the melee days, the only characters I wanted were Ridley and Wario. It wasn't until pre-Brawl when I actually wanted other stuff.

Megazero64

Smash Apprentice
HELLO SMASHBOARDS!!!! LONG TIME NO SEE:sonic:
Sorry for the hiatus but i'm back and my body is ready. so whats been going on for past 2 month i've been gone (i already know about the Ridley tease and all i gotta say is: SAKURRRAAAAAAAI!!!!)

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I'll admit, I didn't really cared about Ridley when Brawl came out (I was satisfied enough with Wario in the game). It was not until I've heard of a Super Smash Bros sprite project (now discontinued) that had Ridley, along with others, as a playable character, and I was like "oh hey, that'd be an awesome idea actually".

And boom, here I am.

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker

Morbi

Scavenger
I think back in the melee days, the only characters I wanted were Ridley and Wario. It wasn't until pre-Brawl when I actually wanted other stuff.
I agree. During Melee, I only wanted Ridley and Wolf. I did not even really want anything in the pre-Brawl days either, except for... well Ridley and Wolf. It was not until Smash 4 that I started having demands for my purple antagonists: Ganon, Hades, Black Shadow, *Robin, Mewtwo, and of course... you guessed it (Anthony Higgs).

Tackman91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tackman91
3DS FC
0259-0399-7980
Damn... I really wanted to do a Ridley animation, but he's just too big for a 160x160 picture... :c

majora_787

Smash Hero
I actually wanted Wario since Smash 64, but Ridley was something I wanted when I got Melee. So there you go. And now it's looking like dreams do come true. Sometimes.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Seeing Ridley in Melee's opening was the hypest **** ever. Only to realize he wasn't actually in the game ;_;

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
I suppose I will be the one to do it; however, I am not sure how to go about it. Any ideas? Do I just go to Lucifer's office during office hours, or how does it work?
You grab a piece of paper, write your name with Soul at the end "MorbidAltruism Soul", go to Lucifer's office during office hours and make a deal with him.

Khoru

Smash Champion
You grab a piece of paper, write your name with Soul at the end "MorbidAltruism Soul", go to Lucifer's office during office hours and make a deal with him.
i think these are instructions to becoming a kirby final boss

Last edited:
Top Bottom