• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

I would put an Aladdin joke in here somewhere but I can't think of one.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

I would put an Aladdin joke in here somewhere but I can't think of one.
Lol I posted in this thread when it was active. "I will not buy the game if Ridley isn't in, does this answer your question?" :p

People post so much crap in Ridley threads on 4cha, but the amount of supporters Ridley have there is actually quite big and that pleases me.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Looks like another Ridley argument has surfaced on Miiverse, but on today's PotD thread. It's amazing that people took everything from the Direct at face value, and suggesting that the shadow part was "evidence" of Ridley being a stage hazard, yet ignored the part with Pyrosphere FD with the missing lava and lava spores, and the purple things changed ._.
Wow, so apparently Miiverse will argue about Ridley's status even when the PotD is literally about nothing but coffee?

Then again I shouldn't be surprised...

majora_787

Smash Hero
I love how the burden of proof in the Ridley situation is extremely different from how it's supposed to be. The people with more proof are then more required to prove their evidence and then provide evidence for their proof to their evidence than the other people are to provide any proof whatsoever beyond "Well he mentioned boss characters around the time Ridley's shadow appeared" and "He's probably extremely incompetent and needed ten months to finish a stage hazard", or my new favorite, "I bet he's catering to the anti-fanbase and doesn't want to let them down by making Ridley playable."

If your first thought is 'only one of those is even evidence and only barely if at all', you'd be right.

EDIT: I know I'm supposed to be more 'boss stance-friendly' about this, but people are taking actual basic observation and how game design works and throwing it under a boss because of the equivalent to someone saying "Someone killed my family" with a picture of a puppy shown in the background. Meanwhile, other people are actually looking at what we are given, and aside from some actual theories that are put out, we look at things we can actually extrapolate from the information given. Such as the nature of the hazard on the stage, Ridley's rough size, and his air movement speed.

EDIT 2: Oh I'm sorry. The other evidence is 'no other character has had 9 seconds of air time before', which is both false and really bad reasoning for anything considering we have never had a character who can 1HKO all opponents at any damage, absorb all items and projectiles, have so many projectiles that several A attacks are projectiles, OR a character who can be in two places at once to attack people. So looks like our 6 newcomers are deconfirmed after all. Except for maybe Greninja, but we've never had a playable frog on the roster. So he probably has to go too.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeeesh. That would really be out of character for Palutena. Why in all of the stars would she do that to her boyfriend a fellow Smasher?
22A571_0D8D3FFF89B84_000.gif

"No...I'm sorry...."

xD the fact that I haven't done any Ridsalina drawings does not mean that I have forgotten about them,,,also, I had considered before to put her in a simple classy style too...

xD I made this one on flipnote...so it is REALLY sketchy

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I will never understand the Ridsalina. :p

Also, it gets better. Someone literally told me that when analyzing Ridley's shadow, Bowser's shadow and Pikachu's body on pyrosphere don't matter and instead compared the shadow to zoomed out pictures of Pikachu and Bowser's shadow of Wily's Castle.

...Apparently it was supposed to be MORE indicative of something, and not indicative of how much of a moron they were. But I digress. Frustration vented.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Ridley x Palutena is my only OTP.

I don't actually ship characters, okay.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Except for maybe Greninja, but we've never had a playable frog on the roster. So he probably has to go too.
Well, Greninja does have that Shadow Sneak move, which it can apparently can be charged while moving and then released to do a teleporting attack. While we've seen examples of teleporting before, this sort of thing is unprecedented.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
About shadow sneak

The update that talked about it was on the pyrosphere, in my head was saying hint of sakurai saying ridley shadow a troll.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I never quite understood shipping outside of the concept of the story a character orginiated from. Not to mention we're talking you know flying reptile and humanoid female.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I never quite understood shipping outside of the concept of the story a character orginiated from. Not to mention we're talking you know flying reptile and humanoid female.
xD it is just for fun...no need to be taken seriously...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
xD it is just for fun...no need to be taken seriously...
This is the internet, even if your not taking it seriously there is definitely someone out there who is, it was more of a general statement about shipping in general then just the Ridley/Rosalina thing.

Morbi

Scavenger
This is the internet, even if your not taking it seriously there is definitely someone out there who is, it was more of a general statement about shipping in general then just the Ridley/Rosalina thing.
Well, generally in general it is just a general fun general thing to generally do in general. Generally.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Currently trolling around going on about how Pikachu was confirmed to be the poss of Pyrosphere, because it showed Pikachu on the Pyrosphere when Sakurai talked about "boss characters on other stages".

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Currently trolling around going on about how Pikachu was confirmed to be the poss of Pyrosphere, because it showed Pikachu on the Pyrosphere when Sakurai talked about "boss characters on other stages".
...That's actually kind of clever.

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
...It's crazy guys...

...But honestly... lately I've not been feeling as excited over the prospect of playable Ridley. I don't get it. I've been wanting him forever. And now less than a week until we finally find out, and...

...I don't think I care if Ridley is plaHAHAHAHAAAA!!! HAAAHAHAHAA.....

...Whew! Couldn't say that with a straight face! Lawl, can't wait! Just thinking about the possibility still sprouts a grin on my face followed by hating myself for getting so giddy over a video game character. :p

Louie G.

Smash Hero
That is actually the predominant reason that I did not vehemently support him prior to the Direct. It would be unfortunate to support a character with such enthusiasm and then proceed to... well... not play them.
Actually, I support characters that I think deserve it.

I usually play as somewhat speedy and light characters. I probably won't be playing too much Palutena, K. Rool, or Ridley (if they are in) but I'm still really excited about their possible inclusion, because I love the characters and they deserve it.

But who knows, I could make an exception if the character looks good enough.
I already know I'll be making this exception for Mewtwo.

Last edited:

KamenRiderWUMBO

Smash Rookie
*Sigh* This is part of the reason why this" fanbase" is so hated :\

PlasticBag

Smash Apprentice
Ridley's size, Kremlings being in the game at all, and Kid Icarus' treatment just strike me as good omens of things to come. Though I don't expect to get the latter two omens to be continued or ceased at E3.
It seems that Sakurai hinted a lot more things then we imagined. :dkmelee:

majora_787

Smash Hero
It seems that Sakurai hinted a lot more things then we imagined. :dkmelee:
The Alfonzo theorists were right after all. Pikachu is obviously the boss of Pyrosphere when you play as Ridley. Sakurai has thought of EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
So what do you hope to get out of trolling people?
Nothing really. When I'm done I'll be closer to E3?

Definite bonus points if at least one person realizes the logic being used is actually not very good, but that's not really my operative goal.

I honestly don't know what your issue is with what I'm doing. In no way am I going out of my way to insult or offend people. I'm calling Pikachu a boss on Pyrosphere using the exact same logic people use to say Ridley has been 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt been deconfirmed. There are worse things I could be doing, and if people get upset over it it really is not my problem.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I will never understand the Ridsalina. :p

Also, it gets better. Someone literally told me that when analyzing Ridley's shadow, Bowser's shadow and Pikachu's body on pyrosphere don't matter and instead compared the shadow to zoomed out pictures of Pikachu and Bowser's shadow of Wily's Castle.

...Apparently it was supposed to be MORE indicative of something, and not indicative of how much of a moron they were. But I digress. Frustration vented.
It's OK. I don't mind Ridsalina. :laugh:

The reason why I ship them is because they're both potential newcomers from sister franchises, and the second-most important characters in their games.

KamenRiderWUMBO

Smash Rookie
Nothing really. When I'm done I'll be closer to E3?

Definite bonus points if at least one person realizes the logic being used is actually not very good, but that's not really my operative goal.
That's my point, you trolling people like that isn't exactly going to win hearts and minds to your little "fanbase", it's just gonna make even more people think that you guys are idiots.

majora_787

Smash Hero
That's my point, you trolling people like that isn't exactly going to win hearts and minds to your little "fanbase", it's just gonna make even more people think that you guys are idiots.
If they think we're idiots because we use their logic, that is *once again* not my problem. Nor is it anyone's here.

The only way for anyone here to "win hearts and minds to our little fanbase" as you condescendingly put it is for us to drop all interest in our favorite character and run through the streets and dropping to their level of behavior, shouting "THAT'S IT FOLKS. PROFESSIONAL GAME DEVELOPERS CAN'T DO IT, IT'S LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE. RIDLEY AND METROID ARE TRASH AND WILL NEVER HAVE ANY VALUE IN ANYTHING EVER."

And even then, do you know what will happen? Everyone will be laughed at and antagonized for being "those people who didn't believe that to begin with".

I'm running out of nice ways to say "They can take it and shove it". Hopefully you got my point. Probably not, but I tried.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
In my opinion, there is absolutely no reason to rule the thought process of "Ridley is a boss based on that clip" as faulty logic.

The man literally introduced a hint at Ridley in a portion about Stage Bosses. Again, that is the context. For all I know, Ridley might be playable. But to be called foolish for thinking that Ridley is a boss because of that is simply asinine.

I still think people are looking far too deep into the shadows. Once E3 has come and gone, we'll likely know more about Ridley and his fate for Smash 4. I have the feeling he's going to be shown on Pyrosphere as a Boss, so prepare yourselves for that potential occurence.

D

Deleted member

It's OK. I don't mind Ridsalina. :laugh:

The reason why I ship them is because they're both potential newcomers from sister franchises, and the second-most important characters in their games.
Uh CLEARLY Captain Toad is the second most important character in SMG 1 and 2. If it wasn't for his escapades to find like, ALL the power stars for Mario and for his INDOMITABLE BRAVERY Mario never would've even come close to defeating Bowser. All Rosalina does is sit around on her spaceship.

I mean:

this^ character is obviously MUCH stronger and more important to the story than this:

Captain Toad even has the almighty head lamp, all Rosalina has is a hollow star wand that cheap parents buy for their 5 year old daughters at Dollar Stores.

Therefore Rosalina shouldn't be shipped with Ridley, it should all be Captain Toad X Ridley. DUH.

If my blatant use of Caps Lock and all around immature and bigoted tone weren't enough to convey it, I'm kidding, Rosalina is actually my favorite character from the Mario Universe <3.:troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

majora_787

Smash Hero
In my opinion, there is absolutely no reason to rule the thought process of "Ridley is a boss based on that clip" as faulty logic.

The man literally introduced a hint at Ridley in a portion about Stage Bosses. Again, that is the context. For all I know, Ridley might be playable. But to be called foolish for thinking that Ridley is a boss because of that is simply asinine.

I still think people are looking far too deep into the shadows. Once E3 has come and gone, we'll likely know more about Ridley and his fate for Smash 4. I have the feeling he's going to be shown on Pyrosphere as a Boss, so prepare yourselves for that potential occurence.
You're completely missing my point. The issue isn't that people think Ridley might be a boss based off that logic is people use that as evidence of 100% facts and ignore all other evidence as unnecessary, when the EXACT same statement can be applied to Pikachu just as easily. As I've said hundreds of times, the ridiculous people aren't the people who think Ridley is unlikely, they're the people who ignore all evidence and call him 100% without a doubt confirmed or deconfirmed.

And you can ignore things all you want yourself because you don't think it's legitimate regardless of its legitimacy, that's also not the issue in and of itself.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
This thread is going to be a **** show once Ridley's official status is revealed...just look at all the attention its getting as it is based on a couple of vague screenshots and a brief video clip of a shadow...

Oh hey Scoliosis I didn't realize we lived so close to each other. I'm from Jamestown and just graduated from Fredonia. Random, I know, but its still pretty cool.

Last edited:

KamenRiderWUMBO

Smash Rookie
If they think we're idiots because we use their logic, that is *once again* not my problem. Nor is it anyone's here.

The only way for anyone here to "win hearts and minds to our little fanbase" as you condescendingly put it is for us to drop all interest in our favorite character and run through the streets and dropping to their level of behavior, shouting "THAT'S IT FOLKS. PROFESSIONAL GAME DEVELOPERS CAN'T DO IT, IT'S LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE. RIDLEY AND METROID ARE TRASH AND WILL NEVER HAVE ANY VALUE IN ANYTHING EVER."

And even then, do you know what will happen? Everyone will be laughed at and antagonized for being "those people who didn't believe that to begin with".

I'm running out of nice ways to say "They can take it and shove it". Hopefully you got my point. Probably not, but I tried.
They're gonna think you're idiots because you do stuff like this.

Top Bottom