• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

PlasticBag

Smash Apprentice
So if Ridley does use his other m model, what would his alt be? I imagine they would give him his meta form, but obviously tweak it so it fits the other m model. I could also see Sakurai giving him an alt based on his corrupted form, that has always been my favorite look of Ridley so I would be very happy with it.
Prob give him a jacket.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Okay, so on the one side, the detractors suggest Ridley's a boss hazard due to the 8/9 second footage of him on Pyrosphere.

On the other side, we have the missing lava, missing lava spores, different purple tubes for Pyrosphere FD, and Ridley's seemingly small shadow.

Neither are 100% confirmation for his role.

Let's say Ridley is meant to be a Boss hazard in that clip, the questions are:

• Why does the Pyrosphere FD lack the lava, spores and have different purple things if they're just aesthetic features?
  • If they don't do anything, why remove/change them?
  • Why does Ridley's shadow seem to make him smaller than his Brawl form?
  • If he's a boss, why bother scaling him down if he's not playable?
  • From what we've seen, Boss characters seem to appear on flat stages (kind of like a FD version) or stages with no floating platforms, so why is Ridley appearing on Pyrosphere when there are floating platforms?
  • Do they move or are they in a fixed position?
  • If he's meant to fly down from above in that Direct clip, why didn't the shadow show up from the right much sooner if he's massive?
  • How can Ridley, after 8/9 months prior to the first Pyrosphere PotD, not be finished still?
I think not showing him because the model "isn't finished" is absolute baloney, especially for a team with people from Bandai Namco who have experience in creating fighting games (I'm sure a stage element would be, for them, a piece of cake to create).
  • If his model wasn't yet finished, why didn't Sakurai just show the model in progress anyway?
  • Yellow Devil (at E3 2013) and Dark Emperor (PotD 03 December 2013) were shown, even though they weren't finished, so why not for Ridley?
There were even place holder portrait images used for unfinished playable characters in the SSB Direct (Diddy Kong's portrait was his portrait from Brawl), Sakurai did say it's a game in development after all.
  • If his model wasn't yet finished, why did Sakurai and his team work on and finish the Pyrosphere FD before the original Pyrosphere?
  • Shouldn't the priority have gone to finishing the non-FD stages first?
  • Why was there no sound to the clip?
  • It was obviously Ridley, 100%, so is Sakurai hiding something that would give Ridley's role away?
  • Why is Ridley the only "Boss character" not shown, just hinted at?
  • Why is he the only boss character teased so much from this past year? (Yellow Devil's likely been shown so much because it's a third party character)
  • Why has Ridley's name not been mentioned at all?
He has been hinted and referred to in a PotD as "Samus' trauma", and his shadow was shown in the Direct. Yet, not named.
  • Ridley is popular in the West, I think more popular than Little Mac. Why should Little Mac (who didn't get much of a good reception from Japanese fans as it is) get in, but Ridley does not?
  • All of the "de-confirmed" characters get named, shown and their roles specified. Ridley has just been teased and his role is still ambiguous, what are you trying to hide Sakurai?
  • If he's a stage/boss hazard, why wait so long to reveal that and make people wait so long and then kill their hopes, at a big event (which would be insensitive to Ridley fans)?
  • Why not just reveal it months back alongside the stage reveal, saving us the extra heartache?
  • Sakurai - messing with Ridley and his fans, causing further conflicts between supporters and detractors, u mad bro?
I seriously hope it's good news for Ridley on the 10th, otherwise I'll be annoyed after all this time of teasing/trolling...
Great post.

Alot of people say they will be shocked if Ridley is playable but im honestly the complete opposite.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Add me to the supporters list!
The glorious Space Pirate commander could always use more disposable underlings loyal, precious followers for his cause.

Our main representative, Oasis_S, isn't here at the moment, so you'll just have to like the OP.

Morbi

Scavenger
Great post.

Alot of people say they will be shocked if Ridley is playable but im honestly the complete opposite.
Most of us in the Ridley support thread are the complete opposite as well. I feel as though I speak for all Ridley supporters when I say that I would be completely and utterly shocked if he was not playable. :troll:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So if Ridley does use his other m model, what would his alt be? I imagine they would give him his meta form, but obviously tweak it so it fits the other m model. I could also see Sakurai giving him an alt based on his corrupted form, that has always been my favorite look of Ridley so I would be very happy with it.
lol @ your avatar.

Not every character has an alt, maybe Ridley will only get different colors. :p I want Pink Ridley.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
lol keep dreaming you didnt disprove my point haha no point arguing with you ur in denyalism and too stuborn to keep a civilized conversation lol ill leave you alone in you fantasy world where you can play characters that are the size of the statue of liberty but oh well you keep insulting me well ill report to the mods and ask for the lock of th thread hell even sakurai is tired of your hopes just stop people u are all wrong haha dammit so funny when u know Anthony and Krystal will be in haha im dying here hah
And this is why our children are failing school because of not typing English correctly

Saving that picture for E-3

Stop being delusional. he was shown at BOSS HAZARDS, which means he's a boss
This thread is going insane, someone needs to do something
OMG STOP BEING ABSURD

...wait this thread has been absurd since the teaser. Who want some Ridley Fried Chicken? :troll:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
well you never know DLC costumes can become a thing. if not then DLC color packs
I don't believe there will be DLC for Smash... I am not totally opposed to it, though, as long as the 3DS version gets them too.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
lol keep dreaming you didnt disprove my point haha no point arguing with you ur in denyalism and too stuborn to keep a civilized conversation lol ill leave you alone in you fantasy world where you can play characters that are the size of the statue of liberty but oh well you keep insulting me well ill report to the mods and ask for the lock of th thread hell even sakurai is tired of your hopes just stop people u are all wrong haha dammit so funny when u know Anthony and Krystal will be in haha im dying here hah
I hope you're trolling, because if this is really how you write, then I don't think you're old enough to have your own website profile yet. Punctuation, grammar and proper spelling are all important to getting points across, because well...they help people actually take you seriously. And right now, I'm afraid I cannot do so. So please tell me you're trolling. Please. It will help me sleep tonight.

Megazero64

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe there will be DLC for Smash... I am not totally opposed to it, though, as long as the 3DS version gets them too.
Well you never know. the Future is mysterious (almost as mysterious as a certain Japenese man i known)

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, who wants a silly looking purple dinosaur with wings in Smash Bros? Make up your mind you Ridliots!!!! He will be a boss, at best!!!!!!!! GET THE F*** OVER IT!!!!!
Barnley

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seriously, why you guys want that purple dragon? He's not even a Nintendo character

D

Deleted member

Lol I posted in this thread when it was active. "I will not buy the game if Ridley isn't in, does this answer your question?" :p

People post so much crap in Ridley threads on 4cha, but the amount of supporters Ridley have there is actually quite big and that pleases me.
And you said this on /v/?
Are you just really brave or clinically insane?

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I was kinda bored (it's a bit rubbish):

Hue hue hue.

(Darn, noticed I missed that bit with the y, oh well...)

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
M

Nice idea for a move set! I really like it.. But where'd the idea for a reflector come from? I've never heard if Ridley using one before(granted, my memory from playing what few Metroid games I've played is kinda foggy)
I also kinda had an idea where Ridley is mainly seen flying, that he could hover on every jump he has. But that would probably be a little too OP wouldn't it..
Also he should be able to wall-grab and slowly slide down in reference to MP3: Corruption :)
Why is my CB6000 talking to me.

domokl

Smash Lord
I shall be sane forever! no one can turn me insane!!! Except for ridley that is

Top Bottom