• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
What if ridley's a secret character that wont be announced like wolf in brawl :0

I want ridley in so bad omggg
I would die of suspense by then...but then again the 3DS version is not that far off and I assume if he was unlockable someone would know about him by then.

Anyways, we all know the next Ridley is Dr. Kawashima. He is the most popular impossible character ever!

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I know! I love it! :( I wish I had that cute little thing as a toy...also, I wish I had references to draw it, my cousin has a Wii U and I have literally begged to him to take some photos to the "trophy" on the main plaza so I can get some useful references to draw him...but he forgets about it... :(

xD And more practice!
I'm going to bed since it's 4AM in France right now, but I will take you some pictures of Robot Ridley tomorrow ;)

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I still cannot fathom why people think we're going to get a completely out of place iteration of Ridley as a playable character when they would most likely be an alternate costume at most. It's like if we got Twilight Princess Link and everyone decided to expect Skyward Sword Zelda and Wind Waker Ganondorf.
I expect Wind Waker Ganondorf. Would be a great way to revamp the character completely while making him a different incarnation aesthetically from the previous two Ganondorf's. That's just me, though.

Anytime I say that I get laughed off the internet, so hey. I'll see my way to the door.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Dr. Wily. He is too old for Smash.

Or King K. Rool. He is too fat.
I have this genuine fear that K. Rool will be plagued by trolls the moment he is disconfirmed, much like what happened with Ridley after Brawl.

Honestly, here's what would probably make me most happy

At E3, Roidley is shown off as a stage hazard. People are sad, they move on.

Later, one of the last secret unlockable characters is Ridely, more similar to his melee appearance.

That would be better than him being announced as playable during E3.
I don't know. I think I would be even more annoyed if Sakurai just so happened to troll us for the third time.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I have this genuine fear that K. Rool will be plagued by trolls the moment he is disconfirmed, much like what happened with Ridley after Brawl.
Oh, you can certainly expect that. It could be even worse for K. Rool fans, since he hasn't appeared even in DK games lately.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Today at a Chilean Comicon we were digitally drawing at our stand and i did a quick sketch for Ridley with the words Ridley for smash and it apperead for 20 minutes in our screen...

it made people talk : )

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I don't know. I think I would be even more annoyed if Sakurai just so happened to troll us for the third time.

yeah but, then the hype. Especially if the roster wasn't fully leaked yet when the game came out, and people didn't know for a few days. Especially if you found it in the game by yourself first before reading it online.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Today at a Chilean Comicon we were digitally drawing at our stand and i did a quick sketch for Ridley with the words Ridley for smash and it apperead for 20 minutes in our screen...

OH! CONGRATULATIONS! I just can Imagine how epic that drawing was!

:D Enserio, muchísimas felicidades! :3

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
OH! CONGRATULATIONS! I just can Imagine how epic that drawing was!

:D Enserio, muchísimas felicidades! :3
actually... it wasnt that great, it was was literally done on one minute DX it was just at the right place DX...
la pintura rápida de Cthulhu que hice antes si quedo mejor.... aunque atrajo menos gente :c

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
actually... it wasnt that great, it was was literally done on one minute DX it was just at the right place DX...
la pintura rápida de Cthulhu que hice antes si quedo mejor.... aunque atrajo menos gente :c
Even, a quick sketch can be awesome! and you are an AMAZING artist! and RIDLEY!

Oh, acabo de buscar de "Cthulhu", se ve complicado, y sabes me recordó a David Jones de Piratas del Caribe por alguna razón...Te debio haber quedado increible! Y de que te preocupas? debes estar orgulloso de todo el trabajo que hiciste en esa Comic con! :)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This version of Ridley would make for a funny costume. When else is Nintendo Land going to be referenced? To be honest, comedic stuff like this kind of common in Smash. But who knows? At the very least, it could be a color swap if Ridley is playable.

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Luigi and Ridley's codec
Egadd: Hi luigi, I was just calling to ask...Oh my! In my all my years of paranormal research I have never seen something like this!!
King Boo: Oh baby Luigi is fighting... WHAT IS THAT THING DOING HERE?
Egadd: You know that that thing is King Boo?
King Boo: Of course I do, this monster is Ridley
Egadd: Ridley?
King Boo: Ridley is one of the most evil beings I have ever seen, he is way more dangerous than Bowser and Dry Bowser together, no, he is way more dangerous than Bowser, Dry Bowser and all his kids combined
Egadd: Ok, I'm sending you the poltergust Luigi, maybe it will help you
King Boo: Your old and cheap vacuum won't do anything to him
Egadd: So, How is luigi supposed to beat him?
King Boo: Who cares, I'm going for some popcorn to enjoy the show, oh and I'm also going for my camera, I'm going to record the fight and name it "Ridley mopping the floor of evershade valley with Luigi's baby butt"
Egadd: Don't listen to him Luigi, anyway, good luck
Oh and by the way, you guys should worry about KKR when he is deconfirmed, things are looking good for him at the moment

Tungsten

Smash Rookie
hahaha
Someone mentioned Cthulhu...

Ia Cthulhu! Ia!

Anyways, Nintendoland Robo- Ridley would be a cool costume! I'd main that!
Hahaha its been a while since iv heard Dark corners of The Earth referenced.
Anyways, my take on what will happn with ridley is they will confirm roidley as a stage hazard at e3 and announce playable ridley sometime later. seems like the sort of **** sakurai would pull

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Did people say positive things?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
hahaha

Hahaha its been a while since iv heard Dark corners of The Earth referenced.
Anyways, my take on what will happn with ridley is they will confirm roidley as a stage hazard at e3 and announce playable ridley sometime later. seems like the sort of **** sakurai would pull
Welcome to the Space Pirate brigade, rookie! We're always glad to see new recruits around here!

Steelia

Smash Champion
This version of Ridley would make for a funny costume. When else is Nintendo Land going to be referenced? To be honest, comedic stuff like this kind of common in Smash. But who knows? At the very least, it could be a color swap if Ridley is playable.
Heck yeah man, no joke, I'd love to play as Tronley.

Also, welcome to the month of June if you live on the East Coast of the US.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I expect Wind Waker Ganondorf. Would be a great way to revamp the character completely while making him a different incarnation aesthetically from the previous two Ganondorf's. That's just me, though.

Anytime I say that I get laughed off the internet, so hey. I'll see my way to the door.
I think it could be neat to see a Wind Waker style Ganondorf rendered in Smash's more realistic style.

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
As much as I want Ridley in SSB4, it won't happen sadly. Ridley was basically confirmed as a stage hazard in the direct, but the hardcore Ridley fanboys think it's Meta Ridley. Who knows, it could be one of those things with Toon Link on the Spirit Tracks stage, but I have my doubts.

majora_787

Smash Hero
As much as I want Ridley in SSB4, it won't happen sadly. Ridley was basically confirmed as a stage hazard in the direct, but the hardcore Ridley fanboys think it's Meta Ridley. Who knows, it could be one of those things with Toon Link on the Spirit Tracks stage, but I have my doubts.
Except he wasn't confirmed as anything? Seriously, do you guys ever get the feeling that some people literally just saw a totally different direct that month, or what?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
No,

Edit: To avoid being warned for flood: No, he wasn't confirmed as anything in the Direct.

Also, you don't have the right to come here calling us "fanboys". There are fangirls here too. :p

Last edited:

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
Except he wasn't confirmed as anything? Seriously, do you guys ever get the feeling that some people literally just saw a totally different direct that month, or what?
You didn't see his silhouette in the Pyrosphere stage?...

majora_787

Smash Hero
In my opinion, the "Meta Ridley" and "Boss AND playable Ridley" are both BS. I feel like we have so much contextual and visual evidence that if nothing else Ridley is definitely entirely possible as a playable character this time around. Meanwhile, people cite that one time Sakurai basically said "Someone who may or may not be RIdley may or may not appear on Pyrosphere in an unspecified context." and then later said something while showing Ridley's shadow in the background.

Which doesn't really mean much in and of itself. I mean I dunno if anyone watches Top 10 videos on youtube, but there are always those ones where the person will be talking about their top 10 and there will be game footage from games they like but half or more of the footage isn't even from games on the top 10? Saying words while showing something is an implication, but it's not a confirmation. And even then implications can definitely be used to mislead to create a surprise later in a positive manner.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Arguing with Ridley fans here will end in nothing but headaches, SmashCast. You're better off just waiting for the moment at E3 instead of trying to convince us otherwise.

Last edited:

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
No,

Edit: To avoid being warned for flood: No, he wasn't confirmed as anything in the Direct.

Also, you don't have the right to come here calling us "fanboys". There are fangirls here too. :p
And I prefer to be called a FanMan -Scoff- Like Reila said, he wasn't confirmed as anything yet.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You mean the one that was the size of Bowser and moved so slowly that any character could outmaneuver it? Sure did. Also saw extremely compelling evidence of Pyrosphere having a lava hazard. Not really getting your point yet.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The argument is that the shadow is Sakurai's trickery.

There are various little things supporting it here and there, but the main thing is: "Why not just show Ridley as opposed to his shadow? Why act like it's a secret when you just showed it?"

The actions don't match up with the implications.

Regardless, did you really think jumping in here and spouting stuff like that would go over well?

Last edited:

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
Warning Received

Is that enough proof?

The argument is that the shadow is Sakurai's trickery.

There are various little things supporting it here and there, but the main thing is: "Why not just show Ridley as opposed to his shadow? Why act like it's a secret when you just showed it?"

The actions don't match up with the implications.

Regardless, did you really think jumping in here and spouting stuff like that would go over well?
Not really #yolo

Last edited by a moderator:

majora_787

Smash Hero

Is that enough proof?
Congratulations, you proved Ridley's shadow was shown on the pyrosphere. But the thing is, the camera angle is constant. We can literally compare his shadow, which is static like other shadows of airborn characters, to Pikachu.

He is literally slow Bowser with wings on a stage with a lava hazard. Is that enough proof for YOU?

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
I... disagree

Top Bottom