• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
The only logical choice for a new Metroid rep other than Ridley is Dark Samus.

Those three characters you just described are so minor and inconsequential to the Metroid franchise that it wouldn't be any different if they were left out. Sorry.
What about Sylux? He's in MP Hunters and he is hinted at the end of Metroid Prime 3.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
What about Sylux? He's in MP Hunters and he is hinted at the end of Metroid Prime 3.
It hasn't even been confirmed yet if that ship belongs to Sylux. And considering that the Metroid franchise is currently in limbo as of the moment, it's unlikely that we'll see anymore potential newcomers.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
There's going to be a playable Ridley, and a Roidley boss/stage hazard. This certainly makes sense, since Roidley seems to be a clone anyway, so the two can technically co-exist in Smash. Plus, it will allow @ AndreaAC AndreaAC to live out their fantasies of Ridley killing Roidley, so everyone wins.
-u- You definitely know that I would love that...

Oh and I drew this...

SCAN0201.JPG

Oh, my little cutie Ridorii does not like Birdie...but I'm sorry my precious, you can't eat him...yet...

D

Deleted member

Lucario was a gym leader's main pokemon in the 4th generation of Pokemon. I think her name was Maylene. You could also call Riley in the same generation a boss character if you wanted to. He also uses a Lucario.

And we may not have confirmation on other bosses, but if we assume Dark Emperor and Twinrova are bosses, we've seen other bosses showing up on stages and acting like bosses with no visual indication that they're playable. In fact, visual indication that they definitely aren't. Ridley hasn't been shown, mentioned, acknowledged, and has been presented with visual indication that he may or may not be playable.
Not to mention Lucario is again a "boss" character in X/Y as you fight him in your first battle with Korrina. Lucario then becomes playable as well because Korrina gives you one afterwards. It seems Lucario is another character with a Boss/Playable duality as well (especially in X/Y, since you defeat Korrina's Lucario and then are able to use one of Korrina's that you defeat in battle (because she gives one to you)).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You know what would be cool? The Smash series is yet to have a true grappler character. So Ridley should be the first one, since he seem to love to grab people around. He is also big, like most grapplers in fighting games. I really like grapplers
I'd support this, if mostly just to see Rids give Dedede a run for his money in that department.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
The only logical choice for a new Metroid rep other than Ridley is Dark Samus.

Those three characters you just described are so minor and inconsequential to the Metroid franchise that it wouldn't be any different if they were left out. Sorry.
I know man I was just joking XD

If Ridley isnt playable than there wont be anymore metroid rep. For sure.

Ice climbers are the grapplers of smash btw

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The only way sakurai can make up for making Ridley not playable is making rundas, ghor or gandrayda playable.

Notgonnahappen.jpg
I personally think that'd just make matters worse, because by then it's no longer about adding characters that deserve to be in Smash, but it's just about adding a new Metroid character just because it's under-repped, and yet again begs the question why Ridley wasn't added. It's Ridley or nothing, no Metroid character should get in before him, or even possibly after him.

EDIT: And the very same second you post it's a joke right above me. Great.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The only Metroid character I could see working as a second rep, besides Ridley, was already confirmed as an AT: Dark Samus.

Aka (Metroid Prime spoilers):
The Metroid Prime itself
Gandrayda, Rundas and Ghor? Please.

They are decent characters, I love Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, but they aren't big and important Metroid characters.

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
What if Sakurai pulls a UMVC3 Firebrand but with a SpacePirate. Make a generic enemy that is iconic to the series and make them their own character. Add some unique stuff to him and moves that they do in games and bam, you have a Metroid character.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The only Metroid character I could see working as a second rep, besides Ridley, was already confirmed as an AT: Dark Samus.

Aka (Metroid Prime spoilers):
The Metroid Prime itself
Gandrayda, Rundas and Ghor? Please.

They are decent characters, I love Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, but they aren't big and important Metroid characters.
The only other characters I can see in any form after Ridley is Sylux (because it's mysterious and mystery sells)...
What if Sakurai pulls a UMVC3 Firebrand but with a SpacePirate. Make a generic enemy that is iconic to the series and make them their own character. Add some unique stuff to him and moves that they do in games and bam, you have a Metroid character.
...and Weavel (because he's a cyborg Space Pirate)

Seriously, this guy would at the very least make a great Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Wait a minute, it's been pointed out that Palutena and Ridley have parallels when it comes to Sakurai's trolling. Which means...

Matthew is way ahead of the game!

Reila

The only other characters I can see in any form after Ridley is Sylux (because it's mysterious and mystery sells)...
Ehh...No thx.
It is not entirely impossible, but that would really suck.

I still don't know why Capcom didn't use Astaroth instead of Firebrand in Snk vs Capcom and Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Firebrand was a defined character in the "Gargoyle's Quest" subseries and the Demon Crest game, which existed far before UMVC3.

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
You're aware that Firebrand is also the protagonist of his own series too right ?

Look like Sonic was right, I'm too slow !

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
When Ridley is revealed do you guys think we are going to see another Metroid character for the next game? I think that Ridley and Samus should be enough to represent the franchise

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Space Pirates really aren't that iconic though. Firebrand is way more iconic than the guy in charge because it swipes anyone's head off at the beginning of the game, and because of the difficulty of the game not many people got to see the boss of these guys either. A regular Space Pirate doesn't have anything on Ridley, it'd feel like including a Koopa over Bowser, they're iconic but there's a giant hole if their leader doesn't accompany them.

When Ridley is revealed do you guys think we are going to see another Metroid character for the next game? I think that Ridley and Samus should be enough to represent the franchise
Not unless a new staple character is introduced in the time between this game and the next. Dark Samus won't have seen a new game in over a decade at that point (at least if it stays dead) and a few new villains will likely have taken its place by then. Samus and Ridley is really all Metroid needs honestly, it's a bonus we even have ZSS imo.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Can we get to 1000 pages before the game is out?
As much as I'm impressed with the pace of this thread I doubt that. Perhaps an announcement at E3 could get us there, it'd no doubt be one of the biggest moments of Smash history considering Ridley's history, so I guess it wouldn't be impossible.

D

Deleted member

Can we get to 1000 pages before the game is out?
If we've moved almost a clean 300 pages forward in a little less than 2 months after the Smash Direct, I think we could reach 1000 before the summer 3DS release (assuming it isn't like 2 weeks after E3). I expect a heavy influx of posts after all of the E3 smash events occur.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If Rids is revealed to be playable, yes. If not, I guess the mods will close this thread (they should).
Threads for deconfirmed characters don't get closed, iirc they said they still want to leave them open as hubs to discuss the character outside and inside Smash.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If we've moved almost a clean 300 pages forward in a little less than 2 months after the Smash Direct, I think we could reach 1000 before the summer 3DS release (assuming it isn't like 2 weeks after E3). I expect a heavy influx of posts after all of the E3 smash events occur.
Really? 300 pages in just two months? Wow.

Reila

They haven't closed the Starfy thread, though, so don't expect Ridley's thread to be closed regardless of what happens.
Uh. I didn't know that. I suppose there isn't need for a thread for Ridley if he is deconfirmed. Well, at least I will be out here if that happens.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Alright guys, the brightest minds of our crew have finally completed the new project if our leader was somehow not added to the playable cast, BEHOLD :

Watch out Mr Sakurai, this too, may appear at any second !

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I had no idea. A friend told me he was a generic enemy in the series. What a load of bull he fed me.
He was at first. He appears as an enemy in Ghosts n Goblins. Then he got a trilogy of really excellent games all to himself. Gargoyle's Quest on the Game Boy, Gargoyle's Quest 2 on the NES and Demon's Crest on the SNES. Derek Alexander (The Happy Video Game Nerd) did a really solid retrospective on the series a few years back.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Alright guys, the brightest minds of our crew have finally completed the new project if our leader was somehow not added to the playable cast, BEHOLD :

Watch out Mr Sakurai, this too, may appear at any second !
UFO's that kidnapp pets of Nintendo developers appears in other stages, not just this one

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
So, assuming Ridley is playable, do people still think a second Ridley will be the Pyrosphere stage boss or do you think we might see Vorash or Goyagma?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So, assuming Ridley is playable, do people still think a second Ridley will be the Pyrosphere stage boss or do you think we might see Vorash or Goyagma?
In my opinion, even though the Other M Ridley is a clone, he's still Ridley to me, just with a different face. A hideous, ducky face, but in the narrative of Other M, they might as well have said that they accidentally resurrected Ridley or that he was reborn again somehow.

So yeah, Vorash/Goyagma is definitely a possibility. Though I'm hoping for this monstrosity.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
In my opinion, even though the Other M Ridley is a clone, he's still Ridley to me, just with a different face. A hideous, ducky face, but in the narrative of Other M, they might as well have said that they accidentally resurrected Ridley or that he was reborn again somehow.

So yeah, Vorash/Goyagma is definitely a possibility. Though I'm hoping for this monstrosity.

Would love to see Nightmare as a boss. That could definitely be interesting.

Top Bottom