• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What if Sakurai pulls a UMVC3 Firebrand but with a SpacePirate. Make a generic enemy that is iconic to the series and make them their own character. Add some unique stuff to him and moves that they do in games and bam, you have a Metroid character.
Firebrand is the star of his own series though.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Hades: Indeed they aren't, they just killed an entire colony to steal their fuel leaving a little girl as the only survivor
Pit: That's so cruel!! What happened to the little girl?
Hades: A bunch of super intelligent girls took care of her, teaching her martial arts and a super powerful suit that puts the great sacred treasure into shame
Pit: Is that Samus?
Hades: No, I'm obviously talking about Viridi.
I smell a fan fiction~! :troll:

And Viridi and RIdley would not doubt be in a romantic relationship by the end of it. Viridley:troll::troll::troll:

D

Deleted member

So who will be the next Ridley after this iteration of Smash?
Waluigi: Shokio will make a video about how he's too ugly and that everyone would be disgusted just by looking at him and that they couldn't take his "ugliness" because that would kill his character

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Waluigi: Shokio will make a video about how he's too ugly and that everyone would be disgusted just by looking at him and that they couldn't take his "ugliness" because that would kill his character
Mario Tennis: He is ugly as ****
Mario Golf: He is ugly as ****
Mario Kart: He is ugly as ****
Mario Party: He is ugly as ****

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'm sorry but any new Metroid character not called Ridley would be a slap in the face of a fanbase who's been following smash since melee as well than the equivalent of making Mouser playable before Bowser.
Or Wart. Actually, Wart would be awesome. Wonder if there's a support thread for him here...

Lucario was a gym leader's main pokemon in the 4th generation of Pokemon. I think her name was Maylene. You could also call Riley in the same generation a boss character if you wanted to. He also uses a Lucario.
If that's the case, wouldn't Charizard and Pikachu be bosses too? Both were apart of Red's team in Pokemon Gold/Silver, and he's like the secret final boss of those games. I know what you were getting at, though. And in the case of Smash, we could use more boss characters (especially final bosses) like Ridley. And Wart. Jigglypuff deconfirmed

D

Deleted member

Mario Tennis: He is ugly as ****
Mario Golf: He is ugly as ****
Mario Kart: He is ugly as ****
Mario Party: He is ugly as ****
He just wasn't ugly in that one game due to hardware limitations, this one retconnected him

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
He just wasn't ugly in that one game due to hardware limitations, this one retconnected him
It can work on Wario or Olimar but it can't work on waluigi because his design wouldn't seem right if he doesn't look ugly
After making another group of waluigi haters he will make a video and say "I know that waluigi can be prettier, I just wanted to troll waluigi fans"

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Well it's now June 1st at the time of this post (at least where I am anyway).

Not long 'til E3, all aboard the hype train:

This one's better than the previous one ;D

D

Deleted member

Lolwut? Kraid's too big.

/sarcasm
You know, I never understood wh Kraid's resizement in the same game couldn't be aplied to Ridley in a non-canonical game

Apparently it works with Kraid because it has already been done before /logic

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You're definitely getting better from piece to piece. I love your works! Keep on drawing!:pikachu:
Aww, thank you so much! glad you like them! :3 Even, this one I drew it on the traditional way...I need to get used to the tablet still... :D

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
For some reason I now feel like seeing mini-Kraid as a playable character would totally make me get over not seeing Ridley playable xD

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Sooo, assuming that codecs will make a comeback, whether in the form of Snake's (if he's in), Pit's, or Little Mac's, what do you think Ridley's would sound like?

I can easily imagine Pit's codec involving Hades or Palutena swooning over Ridley for his renowned ability to keep coming back from the dead, emerging back stronger than ever.
Late response, but I had made one a while ago.

"Colonel, what the hell is that thing!?"
"That appears to be Ridley. He's an elite member of the feared invader organization, the Space Pirates."
"Pfft, Space Pirates? Really? He he..."
"Don't let its name amuse you, Snake. They have been known to invade multiple sectors across the galaxy thanks to their ruthless determination and beyond amazing technology. And Ridley happens to be one of the most feared of the loot."
"Really now? That thing looks so malnourished, it's a wonder it can stand up a fight. And where is its captain hat?"
"Appearances can be deceiving, Snake. He alone could wipe out an entire Earth colony; he's the one responsible of the murder of Samus' parents! The very thought of this inhuman creature in our world simply makes me... Snake, what are you snickering about?"
"Sorry. I was about to ask if they all reunite in a ship, dressed in sailor suits, and go "YO HO HO!" during the whole trip"
"... You're not taking this situation so seriously, now are you?"

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Aww, thank you so much! glad you like them! :3 Even, this one I drew it on the traditional way...I need to get used to the tablet still... :D
Which tablet? The Wii U Controller? You may wanna try Art Academy Sketch Pad on that. Would be perfect for some neat Ridley sketches, because you can do fine lines, go into detail, use colors, etc etc. Easy and fast to use, easy uploading to Miiverse. If you mean a tablet for pc, that's not so easy indeed. But I'm sure you'll do it.

At topic: Some basic, badly made Ridley post by me. I especially like the comment section here:

(it's supposed to be Ridley sitting on a stump :B)
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKEXYeVWHg[/spoiler]

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Which tablet? The Wii U Controller? You may wanna try Art Academy Sketch Pad on that. Would be perfect for some neat Ridley sketches, because you can do fine lines, go into detail, use colors, etc etc. Easy and fast to use, easy uploading to Miiverse.
xD I wish I had a Wii U, but I don't :( (and I would only get it because of Smah, that Art Academy program...and that adorable Ridley robot from nintendo land..)...I have a graphic tablet :3

lilt

Smash Journeyman
xD I wish I had a Wii U, but I don't :( (and I would only get it because of Smah, that Art Academy program...and that adorable Ridley robot from nintendo land..)...I have a graphic tablet :3
Yup, drawing with a graphic tablet is a whole different thing than drawing with pen & paper. Took me about 1 week of permanent drawing, to get okay with it! ^^

Yeah, he indeed is a very adorable version of a God of Death! :) I could imagine him as some sort of pet of the real Ridley. You know like cliché villains in movies have a white cat on their lap. :i6rkW:

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
What if ridley's a secret character that wont be announced like wolf in brawl :0

I want ridley in so bad omggg

AndreaAC

Yup, drawing with a graphic tablet is a whole different thing than drawing with pen & paper. Took me about 1 week of permanent drawing, to get okay with it! ^^

Yeah, he indeed is a very adorable version of a God of Death! :) I could imagine him as some sort of pet of the real Ridley. You know like cliché villains in movies have a white cat on their lap. :i6rkW:
I know! I love it! :( I wish I had that cute little thing as a toy...also, I wish I had references to draw it, my cousin has a Wii U and I have literally begged to him to take some photos to the "trophy" on the main plaza so I can get some useful references to draw him...but he forgets about it... :(

xD And more practice!

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
The only way that can really happen is if the demo does not have Pyrosphere in it, which IMO is pretty incriminating for Sakurai to do that with no mention of Ridley on top of it. It's a possibility, but I am pretty sure Pyrosphere will be in the demo.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Honestly, here's what would probably make me most happy

At E3, Roidley is shown off as a stage hazard. People are sad, they move on.

Later, one of the last secret unlockable characters is Ridely, more similar to his melee appearance.

That would be better than him being announced as playable during E3.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I still cannot fathom why people think we're going to get a completely out of place iteration of Ridley as a playable character when they would most likely be an alternate costume at most. It's like if we got Twilight Princess Link and everyone decided to expect Skyward Sword Zelda and Wind Waker Ganondorf.

Top Bottom