• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
That Ridley looks two-dimensional. And where are the spikes on his wings? They're one of the very few things that we can see of him in the Direct (for an extremely brief moment).

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SPACE-YAR!

Alt title: Ridley's impeccable K. Rool impression.
Do you remember what Ridley said about what was going to happen if SOMEONE dared to make a sea pirate joke? Well...

Sin título.png

My first decent doodle using the freaking tablet....

Sketchy as always...but now DIGITALLY! :D YAY!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's the wings that kill it for me. They look too small to have cast those shadows.
Inferring that it was without a doubt Ridley that cast those shadows and not the Rhedogian like I brought up as a potential plot twist last page.
Plot twist; the shadow isn't Ridley.
The shadow is the Rhedogian. :troll:

-Similar tail tip as Ridley (more importantly, as the bit we see in the Smash Direct)
-Can fly, just like Ridley
-Is encountered in the Pyrosphere (though Sector 3, not the Geothermal Power Plant; despite this, Smash isn't necessarily canon and the corridor in the big hole looks kind of like Sector 3 anyway...)
-Has to be fought four fricking times before it's dead. And then two more show up in the post-credits game. So it's an "enemy of Samus' past" and a "trauma" :awesome:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
C'mon, Ridley. Don't be so pIRATE. Always so eager to KEEL. Let's head down to the mAAAARRRRRket and grab some ears of corn. They're a BUCK AN EAR.

D

Deleted member

Shouldn't Wario HATE pirates? Given his history with Captain Syrup?
Doesn't stop Wario from dressing up as one from time to time.

He doesn't hate pirates, he hates Captain Syrup.
Though to be fair....the reason they even have history is because he wanted to steal the golden Peach statue the Black Sugar Pirates stole from the Mushroom Kingdom to have for himself.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Err...Mario Party 2's Pirate Land I guess. That's all I can think of.
And he was in space in the same game. So there you go.

Also is there a source on that at all? I don't really know what to say about such a horrifically blurry picture. xD

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD maybe I got confused...since it was my enraged expression of him and the fact that when I make Ridley "talk" I use quotation marks...So I didn't notice that Ridley himself supposedly made the joke HE didn't wanted.

.___. wait...what?...

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's ridiculous, it's hard to even decipher the angle of the screenshot or Ridley's posture. xD Tilting is one thing but the blur and low resolution make this just look absurdly fake.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I can't even tell how much of that appearance is because of the blur, low resolution, and weird angle. And his leg seems to be resting very strangely on the very edge of the platform. ... And those are some gangly arms. I thought he had three chicken legs for a second.

Really though, is there a source on this one? xD

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Actually, thinking on it. The pre-Brawl Lucario leak was pretty blurry, wasn't it? Probably not this blurry though.

EDIT: This here, if anyone is unaware of what I mean.It's blurry and low-res, but not nearly that blurry or low-res.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
The model is really bizarre. It seems to have Roidley posture with gangly limbs. And it seems to be chilling on a platform on the left side of the stage somewhere? I guess?

majora_787

Smash Hero
It actually does. I forgot how the artwork actually was more muscularly defined but was still pretty skinny. That might well be it.

I'm not sure what to call this. It may or may not be legit. I doubt it just because of the presentation, but it's hard to say BECAUSE of the presentation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm not sure what to call this. It may or may not be legit. I doubt it just because of the presentation, but it's hard to say BECAUSE of the presentation.
I'm currently decided on fake, because Ridley is lacking the visible purple wingbones.

But I do like the way Ridley looks (at least from what I see) so hopefully the faker releases whatever model they used. Or at the very least, a high-definition picture that was originally used before it was blurred.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm currently decided on fake, because Ridley is lacking the visible purple wingbones.

But I do like the way Ridley looks (at least from what I see) so hopefully the faker releases whatever model they used. Or at the very least, a high-definition picture that was originally used before it was blurred.
I'm actually surprised at how similar it looks to the concept art from what can be seen, including the very large hands on the end of its thinner arms. Also the wing bone is somewhat visible, though the blurriness makes it hard to tell what is actually visible on the model. I wonder if anyone has found anything at all comparable to this yet?

D

Deleted member

Has a source been determined for this picture or did it just kind of show up randomly? (any "background story" to speak of for this?)
Also:
Has anyone figured which way this "Ridley" is facing? I can't seem to find his tail in this picture. On another note, as others have said, the "Ridley" in this picture seems to be lacking any sort of depth that he would have considering Smash uses 2.5 Dimensional character models. Also, his feet don't seem properly placed on Pyrosphere, it's kind of lifted upwards slightly off the ground (at least that's how it looks to me) which would seem rather odd for a character's neutral position. (Especially for Ridley, who doesn't walk on his hands).

I support the idea that this is fake by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Two things.

1. No background as far as we know.
2. He seems to be on the leftmost lower platform of the pyrosphere facing the wall.
3. It's hard to say with low resolution and blur, but it does look somewhat off.
4. Other M Ridley does in fact walk on his hands and feet. In the same sort of posture that can be seen in the picture, actually. Which looks really bizarre, because it's the scrawnier Roidley concept design in the posture of the big bulky mega-Roidley shenaniganfest.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
A bit off topic, but did you ever wanted to know how Other M's plot could be slightly more bearable?

These are plain hilarious.

"Baby's Cry... '"Oops we broke our ship!" sound more like it"

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
I'm actually surprised at how similar it looks to the concept art from what can be seen, including the very large hands on the end of its thinner arms. Also the wing bone is somewhat visible, though the blurriness makes it hard to tell what is actually visible on the model. I wonder if anyone has found anything at all comparable to this yet?
I cant seem to find a Ridley picture that's close to this. But then again this pic is just way too blurry.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

In both Other M and the concept art, the wingbones are uniform in thickness and are visible on the inside. These wings actually remind me of Charizard's.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Despite the presentation being really awful, this one seems pretty compelling. If nothing else I hope Ridley actually looks like his Other M concept art, similar to this.

EDIT: So I'm not going to dub this real or fake, I think it's too low quality to really do that. So I'll call it "Interesting" instead.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
It looks like a t-rex with a pterodactyl's head and wings and Roidley's color palette. Not sure whether to question or to hate, but it looks pretty fake.

Watch, if in the event it's actually legit, it will be hilarious.
Well, people thought the Lucario leak and even the PotD that revealed King Dedede were fake. This is like the most awkward thing I think we've gotten, so I guess it has a chance if nothing else until proven explicitly otherwise.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Samus' quest for cake is amazing!

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Well, people thought the Lucario leak and even the PotD that revealed King Dedede were fake. This is like the most awkward thing I think we've gotten, so I guess it has a chance if nothing else until proven explicitly otherwise.
How...How do you think a PoTD is fake? I mean, those are pretty well done. It'd help if every other leak wasn't a blurry mess!

majora_787

Smash Hero
How...How do you think a PoTD is fake? I mean, those are pretty well done. It'd help if every other leak wasn't a blurry mess!
I have no idea, but I saw two separate discussions that started with how fake the picture looked because Dedede looked awful or something. I have no idea what they were on. It was corrected quickly, but it still happened.

Top Bottom