• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
Those pictures weren't dug up? I've been looking for any discussion threads about it anywhere but it seems like nobody has been bringing it up at all. Maybe the CSS made it apparent that it was fake.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I thought they would have really GOOD cameras in hell, so you'd be able to see all of the tears in HD. But I could be wrong.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
No need to thank me, citizen. Honestly, I was actually just looking for a picture of the platforms to see how big that Ridley was before I noticed the picture matched up.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Starring Angellock, the greatest Ridley detective.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
Starring Angellock, the greatest Ridley detective.

Sherlock Ridley and Dr. Kraidson
"It's Elementary, Dear Kraidson":grin:

"'Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth."

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Actually, thinking on it. The pre-Brawl Lucario leak was pretty blurry, wasn't it? Probably not this blurry though.

EDIT: This here, if anyone is unaware of what I mean.It's blurry and low-res, but not nearly that blurry or low-res.

That's because it was a video that was uploaded to some ****ty player on a obscure website, before it was ultimately taken down 15 minutes later of course and replaced with a spoiler-free version. I was fortunate enough to watch it when it first went up, and the quality of the video as a whole was rather low, which is odd as iirc it was officially uploaded by Nintendo. There are different standards today though, even a cellphone can take better photos today than screengrabs could back then, if pictures are that blurry today it's 95% of the time intentional.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
IGN was anything but obscure.

Even back then.
I just remember that I thought the website was really ugly, thus I found it obscure. I have never been visiting bigshot gaming websites before, even today I never visit IGN, Kotaku, or any of those websites.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hey, not all big gaming websites are bad.

Just IGN. Especially now.
I wouldn't know, I never visit big news sites like I said, not necessarily because they're bad, but I simply prefer getting news from Nintendo directly or from fellow fans.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I'm so hoping for ridley to get in but I'm having a bad feeling about this ;(

I mean what if they didnt show Ridley yet because his model wasnt finished yet. Also what did you guys expect in the direct when he talked about boss characters. Bringing Ridley up and describing his battle is a bit weird right? I think he just wanted to mention that boss characters will return, thats it.
Oh and btw, is sakurai even aware of the Ridley love? How are you guys so sure?

But then again sakurai is a troll. So Idk ahhhh its driving me insane.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm so hoping for ridley to get in but I'm having a bad feeling about this ;(

I mean what if they didnt show Ridley yet because his model wasnt finished yet. Also what did you guys expect in the direct when he talked about boss characters. Bringing Ridley up and describing his battle is a bit weird right? I think he just wanted to mention that boss characters will return, thats it.
Oh and btw, is sakurai even aware of the Ridley love? How are you guys so sure?

But then again sakurai is a troll. So Idk ahhhh its driving me insane.
You shouldn't even worry about that. We have seen Pyrosphere for a VERY long time, and have seen a LOT of it. It's safe to assume the stage was complete enough for comprehensive showing like eight months prior to the direct. And yet, in *EIGHT MONTHS*, they couldn't finish a single stage hazard? After eight months of work, a single stage hazard was SO UNFINISHED that they couldn't show it to the public? And then they STILL put it in a video of a global direct?

And honestly, they didn't mention or acknowledge or describe Ridley in any way. They just mentioned boss characters while Shadowley flew through the background. Also, Sakurai actually had an interview with NIntendo Power back in the day where they discussed Ridley, so if nothing else he had acknowledged that people want him at that time.

Last edited:

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
What I think the animation of Ridley was in the direct (assuming that he was playable and sakurai was teasing us) was his upB. It might be similar to pit where he enters into a 'flight' mode but the difference is is that it controls similar to flying characters in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 where when someone like say Magneto or Dr.Doom enters flight they can move in any direction but only for a limited time. That is why he stayed still in mid air and then moved.

CCD23

Smash Cadet

Let's cheer for him, eh?
I'm surprised that no one else commented on this from like several pages back, but I think this HELPS Ridley's chances. It seems strange to me that Nintendo would choose to publish who the players' favorite characters are if they weren't going to be playable characters in Smash 4. And, if Ridley is a playable character, I also think this increases his chances of being revealed at E3 next week.

And yes, I will definitely be cheering for him! I'm lucky enough to happen to have Tuesday the 10th off of work, so I will be glued in front of my computer all day. :p Although I would have to say that it would suck if 'Rapture' wins the invitational and then Ridley turns out to be stage hazard. :glare: It will definitely be an interesting day regardless though.

...We have seen Pyrosphere for a VERY long time, and have seen a LOT of it. It's safe to assume the stage was complete enough for comprehensive showing like eight months prior to the direct. And yet, in *EIGHT MONTHS*, they couldn't finish a single stage hazard?...
I couldn't agree more! It just adds to the bizarre nature Sakurai has been handling Ridley. Which I think helps Ridley's chances.

And, this also brings up something else I've noticed. Why are there so many Pyrosphere picture of the days? It seems like a majority of the time Sakurai is showing something new (or already known) for the Wii U version, it's on Pyrosphere. Why not Skyloft, Garden of Hope, Palutena's Temple or any of the others?

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I'm surprised that no one else commented on this from like several pages back, but I think this HELPS Ridley's chances. It seems strange to me that Nintendo would choose to publish who the players' favorite characters are if they weren't going to be playable characters in Smash 4. And, if Ridley is a playable character, I also think this increases his chances of being revealed at E3 next week.

And yes, I will definitely be cheering for him! I'm lucky enough to happen to have Tuesday the 10th off of work, so I will be glued in front of my computer all day. :p Although I would have to say that it would suck if 'Rapture' wins the invitational and then Ridley turns out to be stage hazard. :glare: It will definitely be an interesting day regardless though.

Goombella confirmed. :troll:

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
We have gotten a good number. The Miiverse post collection website lists about fifty images for the Pyrosphere, and there very well might be more than that. We've seen a LOT of it.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

Goombella confirmed. :troll:
I saw that, too. Out of all the hundreds of amazing, unique, incredible Nintendo characters you choose the one character that's essentially Velma Dinkley in Goomba form? I guess it should be said that some people have really bad taste.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I saw that, too. Out of all the hundreds of amazing, unique, incredible Nintendo characters you choose the one character that's essentially Velma Dinkley in Goomba form? I guess it should be said that some people have really bad taste.

I like Goombella too...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Sooo, assuming that codecs will make a comeback, whether in the form of Snake's (if he's in), Pit's, or Little Mac's, what do you think Ridley's would sound like?

I can easily imagine Pit's codec involving Hades or Palutena swooning over Ridley for his renowned ability to keep coming back from the dead, emerging back stronger than ever.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hades: "Oh, I sure do see a lot of THIS fellow in the underworld. I've never seen someone die so much and look so... in shape."

It would be so weird and so amazing.

Top Bottom