• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Nintendo loves that game though, they use the assets and art style for every Metroid reference since the launch of the 3DS. The only exception was the wara wara plaza reveal, which had a Prime 2 render, but I totally expect the person who did that was kicked out for that sin :p
What about Mother Brain?

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
What about Mother Brain?
The Mother Brain in Zero Mission fires energy blasts, as well, though not really the kind that the Assist Trophy took from Super Metroid. Still worth noting, though.

I've also had a thought. What if they used MB's Zero Mission design 'cause t-rex Mother Brain mode was a boss or stage hazard?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Could you also include the Ridley from my avatar? I think we should get Ridley and Toon Ridley
Awww...that cute little fatty Ridley...I would love to have it...Even if I die of cuteness overload every time I see it...

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
Dunno, the build shown still doesn't make much sense to me, plus im pretty sure that bowser have more interesting changes than say, peach, so I think that people should be more hyped to test him than peach.

Also, im kinda sure we are going to have at least one FE reveal in the E3... so no hinting at any FEish is also suspicous.

there is also the chance than when this screen was taken the tourney roster wasn't set on stone and would explain the lack of little mac on some, but is franky highly unlikely.

there is also teh chance that the whole leak have been staged by teh development to create hype, but in that case i doubt it would appear on 4chan istead on say, gamefaqs, or ign...

I think my hair would naturally fall off if Anthony was playable instead...thankfully that won't happen. I don't think my pitchfork is long enough for that task.

Anyway, assuming that this is real (and that there no changes), I could say that if I had to run a tournament between players that I would choose Peach over Bowser because of how poor Bowser would be in a tournament setting. Even in a casual game, I'd take a guess that Peach would get selected more often even if Bowser has changes, and Peach would be a 2nd true female rep since WFT and Villager would probably allow you to change colors and models. Still, your guess is as good as mine here - the team could have decided "Peach is 3rd from the left so she wins". :)

With Ike getting revealed a few days ago, I don't know what he'll do with FE. Since I can't find anything about when the images were taken, I can't tell if that's a possibility or not. I agree that it's pretty unlikely though, but one thing is for sure - if the first image is real then we certainly have Ridley, and that's worth a whole lot of investigation over. :D

To be honest with you, I don't use 4chan for anything and I don't trust IGN for anything, but I don't think I would post something on GameFAQs if I did know something. I would probably post it on NeoGAF, but 4chan is definitely off to me.

That CSS does have a nice, professional feel to it and it does create a lot of hype. I think it's much more likely to be fake now (nothing really matches up) but I do wish it was real. At least the Ridley torture would be finally over.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Thought I'd remind you guys that a leak being fake doesn't actually mean the contents of the leak was deconfirmed. It means the leak is fake. Those are two different statements. Also, it's possible that the first two pictures and the third of Little Mac and Mega Man were made by one person and the Ridley one was made by another. We'll have to actually wait until E3 comes around to see how it turns out.

But yeah no real point in getting too much into it since it'll be proven or disproven by the demo/tourney, as well as Ridley and the presence of other 3rd parties.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Thought I'd remind you guys that a leak being fake doesn't actually mean the contents of the leak was deconfirmed. It means the leak is fake. Those are two different statements. Also, it's possible that the first two pictures and the third of Little Mac and Mega Man were made by one person and the Ridley one was made by another. We'll have to actually wait until E3 comes around to see how it turns out.

But yeah no real point in getting too much into it since it'll be proven or disproven by the demo/tourney, as well as Ridley and the presence of other 3rd parties.
Whether it's fake or not, it's the best looking character selection screen in a while.

The person who posted the first two pictures may not have even been the one who leaked the left side of the screen (with Mario and Link in it).

AndreaAC

rids.png

xD I never noticed the resemblance between Arcanir's avatar and my catrín Ridley (SchAlternate's avatar)...And I swear, I did not look at it when I drew him...coincidently his Salamence has a cup of tea while my Ridley has a glass of wine....in the same hand...

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I've been looking at a SSB4 NeoGAF thread the past month, and wow things that some of them are saying, I'm speechless:

"Ridley believers would spend the next 3 months shoving it in the rest of our faces and it'd be awful."
Rather ironic statement considering detractors did that to us after the Direct.

"Hi there, SmashGAF!

[random info]

I'm pro-Ridley, and I hope he/she/it will be a stage hazard."
If you're "Pro-Ridley", you wouldn't want him as a Stage Hazard ._.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
View attachment 14745

xD I never noticed the resemblance between Arcanir's avatar and my catrín Ridley (SchAlternate's avatar)...And I swear, I did not look at it when I drew him...coincidently his Salamence has a cup of tea while my Ridley has a glass of wine....in the same hand...
*sips tea* This is unforgivable... I will sue you for copyright!

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've been looking at a SSB4 NeoGAF thread the past month, and wow things that some of them are saying, I'm speechless:

"Ridley believers would spend the next 3 months shoving it in the rest of our faces and it'd be awful."
Rather ironic statement considering detractors did that to us after the Direct.

"Hi there, SmashGAF!

[random info]

I'm pro-Ridley, and I hope he/she/it will be a stage hazard."
If you're "Pro-Ridley", you wouldn't want him as a Stage Hazard ._.
Is NeoGAF supposed to be just like GameFAQs?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've seen a few members that are neutral to Ridley in that thread (maybe one or two fans), but the rest seem to treat him as a joke.

They've also linked Andrea's (awesome) Ridley and Rosalina sketches image, but they don't seem to get it...
Sounds just like GameFAQs then.

Does Nintendo seriously listen to them as the only source of fan information on the Internet? :facepalm:

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I've seen a few members that are neutral to Ridley in that thread (maybe one or two fans), but the rest seem to treat him as a joke.

They've also linked Andrea's (awesome) Ridley and Rosalina sketches image, but they don't seem to get it...
Thanks...and really? they have done that?...Uh...It worries me...

AndreaAC

Your drawings are great, I wouldn't worry too much about what they think. They don't know the full picture behind the theme of the images.
:) Thanks again, and yeah, you are right about that... so, that's a relief...

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
A thing I noticed is that the "Y challenger"(read, Ridley) is kind of bluish from the one clip of image you can see. Blue Ridley? A shadowy purple? Or maybe not Ridley!?

But nah, I fail to see how it could be anyone but Ridley if this leak turns out to be legit. What could Anthony do, unauthorized Bowser to death?
That's Adam

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Alright, Ridley's maximum and minimum sizes telling Pikachu's in the wrong neighborhood.

And a Pyrosphere comparison.
pyrosphere.png

majora_787

Smash Hero
Anthony would demand the opponents remember him (but only the first time they see him), and if they don't remember him he would attempt to one-hit KO them, fail miserably, hurl himself off the stage, and self-destruct. Adam would unauthorize Bowser's basic life functions until he dies.

Ridley would just sit in the corner and look on, shaking his head in mild disappointment.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
about the css leak, didn't the original leaker confirm ridley, he said something like "i guess you unlock little mac,mega man, and Ridley in tourney mode" so it wouldn't matter if the y pic is real or not.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
about the css leak, didn't the original leaker confirm ridley, he said something like "i guess you unlock little mac,mega man, and Ridley in tourney mode" so it wouldn't matter if the y pic is real or not.
We don't know if that's the same person who leaked the first two pics. Remember, this was on 4chan.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
We don't know if that's the same person who leaked the first two pics. Remember, this was on 4chan.
Then again, if the Ridley picture were to be fake, then it must've been edited from a fanmade image, since you can easily see that the pixels that form the HUD and the character slots are aligned the way they were on their original format. Since it's almost identical to the other images, and since there's no screenshots that show the real thing, then someone has created the HUD and altered it to give off the effect of them being (really clumsy) camera shots. Ergo, they were both made by the same person/group of people.

Just saying.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, here's a question that's probably already been answered.

In that clip showing Ridley's shadow, Ridley seems to move strictly on the same plane as the fighters; he doesn't seem to move into or from the foreground or background. So, Ridley in that clip is just flying from one end of the stage to the other. My question is, would he have run into the floating platforms at any point? If he does, that seems kind of odd for a boss to do, doesn't it?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Warning Received
Why this leak is fake (copy paste from the E3 leak thread)

First 2 pics look real and all the other pics are from the same setup as the first 2.

The third pic is fake because of the pixel off in ridley's box.

The fourth pic is fake because of the color difference on the top of little mac box and the mega man one. Plus, there's the c difference. Since a comment was given that said that there's 2 versions with 2 more unlockable, this is a lie because the picture is fake. What this means is that it is NOT normal to see 2 character unlocked in the third and fourth pic thus, making these 2 pictures fake.

The fifth pic has no mistake but the comment claim again that there's 2 version making this an insta fake because it's a lie.

So, the only way this leak is somehow true is the first 2 pic. But like I said, all the pic was done on the same setup (the same CSS) so, if the first 2 pic are the only one real, then how ANOTHER PERSON was able to replicate the whole CSS and post this as a fake? They are in different angles so you had to do a shot from the same setup to get the other pic which I proved fake. Since only the person who posted the 3rd, 4th and 5th could've posted the first 2, this make this leak a FAKE.

Last edited:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
(…)
They are in different angles so you had to do a shot from the same setup to get the other pic which I proved fake. Since only the person who posted the 3rd, 4th and 5th could've posted the first 2, this make this leak a FAKE.
You can change the angle of a picture pretty easily with Photoshop's vanishing point option. Another person could've used one of the first 2 pictures and changed the angle to create a "new" legit picture. In that regard pic 1 & 2 can't be proven fake by your explanation mate. Still, I do think it's everything made up. Fake.

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
There are plenty of Neogaf users who want Ridley playable. But the too bigness has gone on for so long it is a running gag there, just like it is here.

It's funny how some people on Neogaf treat Smashboards users as 2nd class citizens and some people on Smashboards treat Neogaf users as 2nd class citizens.

Each of place has it's share of cringe worthy posters. Not me however, I'm a member of both and i'm above it all. ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are plenty of Neogaf users who want Ridley playable. But the too bigness has gone on for so long it is a running gag there, just like it is here.

It's funny how some people on Neogaf treat Smashboards users as 2nd class citizens and some people on Smashboards treat Neogaf users as 2nd class citizens.

Each of place has it's share of cringe worthy posters. Not me however, I'm a member of both and i'm above it all. ;)
Something I wanted to ask: why users from other forums have a discriminated view on Smashboards users? Is it because those places have more "toobigots" compared to here?

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Something I wanted to ask: why users from other forums have a discriminated view on Smashboards users? Is it because those places have more "toobigots" compared to here?
Like gamefaqs I honestly think it's because of the amount of sheer activity we get. That goes for Neogaf and Gamfaqs as well.

When you are a part of the community and you see the most level headed posters talking you kind of get used to that as the norm, you know who to look for. But when you really think about it, we have SO MANY users who kind of just post without thinking that someone on the outside looking in will have their judgement clouded as if it represents us all. Very much like what was said about the Neogaf guys in the above posts. Very much how many of us do to Miiverse posters.

I mean when I'm on GAF and people talk about Lucario being a waist and how Ike was supposed to be cut, it irks me just as much as when people say those things here. I mean just look at how many people view ROB!

More activity means more users and not everyone is greatly informed so stupid posts get made more then sensible ones half the time. The really stupid ones stand out so every other forum thinks they're better than every other forum. Did any of that make sense?

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Why this leak is fake (copy paste from the E3 leak thread)

First 2 pics look real and all the other pics are from the same setup as the first 2.

The third pic is fake because of the pixel off in ridley's box.

The fourth pic is fake because of the color difference on the top of little mac box and the mega man one. Plus, there's the c difference. Since a comment was given that said that there's 2 versions with 2 more unlockable, this is a lie because the picture is fake. What this means is that it is NOT normal to see 2 character unlocked in the third and fourth pic thus, making these 2 pictures fake.

The fifth pic has no mistake but the comment claim again that there's 2 version making this an insta fake because it's a lie.

So, the only way this leak is somehow true is the first 2 pic. But like I said, all the pic was done on the same setup (the same CSS) so, if the first 2 pic are the only one real, then how ANOTHER PERSON was able to replicate the whole CSS and post this as a fake? They are in different angles so you had to do a shot from the same setup to get the other pic which I proved fake. Since only the person who posted the 3rd, 4th and 5th could've posted the first 2, this make this leak a FAKE.
You are overhyping the pixel thing with Ridley.

It could just be an effect when a character is selected, as Ridley is the only example of a selected character (Marth is only hovered over)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You are overhyping the pixel thing with Ridley.

It could just be an effect when a character is selected, as Ridley is the only example of a selected character (Marth is only hovered over)
doesn't change the color and the c error (also, the fact that these error appear on the unlocked character just shows that they have been added which makes it not normal to see them unlocked).

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I mean when I'm on GAF and people talk about Lucario being a waist and how Ike was supposed to be cut, it irks me just as much as when people say those things here. I mean just look at how many people view ROB! lol
I thought most of the SmashGAF regulars knew both had a good chance of getting in? I mean there's the occasional member who doesn't, but for the most part, everyone agrees that Snake, Ivy and Squirtle are the only ones at risk now. At least that's from who I talk to.

Also I'm pretty sure SmashGAF's distaste towards ROB is due to his bland moveset, but for the most part they do want him back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom