• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0166.JPG

Well...HERE IT IS! TANOOKI RIDLEY!

I think I'm starting to like drawing on those presentation cards...

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

Ridley asks Yoshi, Samus and Shinryu about what new game console he should buy...

Shinryu is such a FOSSIL:grin: Who the hell buys a Wii now?

Big Bang Theory FTW

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Ridley asks Yoshi, Samus and Shinryu about what new game console he should buy...

Shinryu is such a FOSSIL:grin: Who the hell buys a Wii now?

Big Bang Theory FTW
I DID!
View attachment 13075

Well...HERE IT IS! TANOOKI RIDLEY!

I think I'm starting to like drawing on those presentation cards...
Did he killed Mario offscreen or..?
Now draw him in PENGUIN SUIT!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ AndreaAC AndreaAC
That's just plain out Amazing. And really, I do wonder how characters with tails will work with Tanuuki Tails.

You now have to draw Ridley in a pink dress, dancing happily with Kirby. That is your Life purpose~

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
To get stuff back to work

To recap on the shadow

1 likely smaller than seemed due to shadow illusion

2 ridley is easily resized smaller due to the middle area of the arena

3 the shadow is jerking when the brawl one was not jerking at all

4 at the very end a blink of a eye is required but may have ben a jump animation

5 impossible to concluded if Ridleys deconfirmed nor confirmed

6 plausable for sakurai making us think ridley is deconfirmed so we are not expecting him as much (if playable anyway)

That's what I remembered anyway

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

To recap on the shadow

4 at the very end a blink of a eye is required but may have ben a jump animation

6 plausable for sakurai making us think ridley is deconfirmed so we are not expecting him as much (if playable anyway)

Number 6 is very likely. I mean Sakurai is the same man who made 2 different versions of the Boxing Ring stage to try to hide Little Mac. Remember when everyone said "Its not a Punch-Out stage!" Hahaha good times.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
To recap on the shadow
Valid points. I find it odd how Sakurai was so vague about Ridley, when he flat out deconfirmed potential characters like Waluigi. If he was simply a stage boss, wouldn't he flat out say it?
Or perhaps he delights in our suffering of not knowing Ridley's fate.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@ AndreaAC AndreaAC
That's just plain out Amazing. And really, I do wonder how characters with tails will work with Tanuuki Tails.

You now have to draw Ridley in a pink dress, dancing happily with Kirby. That is your Life purpose~
I DID!

Did he killed Mario offscreen or..?
Now draw him in PENGUIN SUIT!
O2A571_0D54EA215D648_000.gif

"...No...please....no more..."

Aw. come on, Ridley, it's not so bad, at least you aren't going to get killed by a flyswatter...or get mangled to make a suit...

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
You know, it is kinda odd that a monster that killed Samus' parents so brutally, and is pretty much pure evil, has so many fans. It is kinda neat.

And of course, no need to make our silly requests. :)

I mean, it's not like I will spam you with Ridley Yaoi if you don't. Not at all.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
View attachment 13095
"...No...please....no more..."

Aw. come on, Ridley, it's not so bad, at least you aren't going to get killed by a flyswatter...or get mangled to make a suit...
Poor Ridley. At least he has a lot of fans despite having a lot of traits of easy-to-hate villain (he likes to murder everyone, even kids, taunts someone he orphaned with that fact, has no morales or whatever its called and is a bit pragmatic or whatever its called , etc.). But why?....no, really, why?
And if you won`t draw him in penguin suit, then i will. With Samus in it. And some more-or-less slapstick violence.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well to explain number 6 of my post better

Sakurai we reduce are expectation so the hype is much bigger than megaman or something

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
If Ridley is in Sm4sh, then we can have an event where it's Bowser vs. Gannondorf vs. King Dedede vs. Ridley vs. King K. Rool vs. Porky vs. Mewtwo vs. Wolf vs. Black Shadow vs. Medusa on Final Destination or some dark stage. Who wouldn't want that? It's like the Ultimate Showdown of Villains.
Fix'd. :p

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Well to explain number 6 of my post better

Sakurai we reduce are expectation so the hype is much bigger than megaman or something
Yeah pretty much. I don't know how anyone can fall for Sakurai's obvious plan. Its kinda funny he didn't just give the playable Ridley in the direct a Super Mushroom and then show his shadow making it look way bigger to mess with us even harder. Almost like he purposely left clues for us.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
If Ridley is in Sm4sh, then we can have an event where it's Bowser vs. Gannondorf vs. King Dedede vs. Ridley on Final Destination or some dark stage. Who wouldn't want that? It's like the Ultimate Showdown of Villains.
Well...i`ve got something similar here, just with not so dark stage and with awkward looking Ridley:
Its just 80% less awesome than if it would be in SSB4.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Well...i`ve got something similar here, just with not so dark stage and with awkward looking Ridley:
Its just 80% less awesome than if it would be in SSB4.
That's actually pretty cool. Awkward Ridley was the best Ridley you could get in Brawl.
Why wasn't he playable in Brawl, Sakurai? It's cruel having to beat him up in Boss Battles.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
How do imagine Ridley's voice while talking?
What if he talked like a Pirate
Or an Australian

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Just a thought. Ridley's fate wasn't 100% known for Brawl until Japan's release date, but what about Melee? I do remember that many thought him as playable due to the intro cutscene, but how long did that confusion last? Also those last two times didn't have nearly as much teasing from Sakurai as is going on now...

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I will main awkwad Ridley and Small Kraid.

@ DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin
Like a Pirate?

Captain Ridley: "Yarrrr, matey! I be Captain Ridley, and this here be me space booty!"

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Or an Australian
Well, i kinda imagined his voice being something between TFP Starscream (mostly while he is calm, sounds deep and kinda like he is growling) and Feral Chaos (just warped roars with few words being better heard like "discord" and "destruction", but mostly warped roars and growls). But i can imagine him talking like a stereotype pirate with such voice.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I will main awkwad Ridley and Small Kraid
I for one would be ecstatic if King K. Rool and Ridley were playable. Only problem would be that there would be too many characters to main! New and Improved Bowser, Yoshi, Solo-zard, Greninja, Ridley, and King K. Rool would be too hot to handle.

Or an Australian
I'd imagine for voice purposes he'd shriek a lot. If he actually had a voice like in the manga, I always would imagine it like Robotnik from Sonic:SatAM. Evil, yet amazing.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I for one would be ecstatic if King K. Rool and Ridley were playable. Only problem would be that there would be too many characters to main! New and Improved Bowser, Yoshi, Solo-zard, Greninja, Ridley, and King K. Rool would be too hot to handle.
Poor Greninja...the only amphibian in a set of reptiles. :laugh:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Poor Greninja...the only amphibian in a set of reptiles. :laugh:
MAYBE...its still unconfirmed who exactly Ridley is...maybe he is a bird...hm...
I picture Ridley sounding like Gilbert Gottfried. :troll:
And no wait, i think Ridley should sound like Garfield!
Well evnpen if the shadow footage was just super mushroomed hes still taller than bowser from size estimates and still playable
Or he is bigger than bowser and just everyone else other than bosses, ATs and pokemons. I just hope he is playable.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
We've talked about his voice, but what kind of expressions do you think Ridley would have? Some characters that were pretty boring in Brawl have gotten upgrades when it comes to emotive reactions (just look at smug Charizard here), so could Ridley get the same treatment?

I think Andrea's surprised Ridley art is a good start for when he gets hit. Maybe a menacing look with the most subtle of grins when landing a successful blow, and a proud glint in his eyes while in flight. Little things like that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
MAYBE...its still unconfirmed who exactly Ridley is...maybe he is a bird...hm...
Nah, he wouldn't have arms.

Birds, as far as evolution is concerned, have wings, which are homologous structures to mammalian forearms, as well as the front limbs of certain reptiles (namely crocodilians and lizards). Ridley's wings are not attached to his arms. The lack of feathers in his adult form kind of also imply he's not a bird. I doubt his bones are that hollow as well, given how often he crashes into things and comes out unscathed.

I'd say reptilian, over all. More specifically, inline with prehistoric pterosaurs. The only difference there is that Ridley has arms detached from his wings, which is likely attributed to his brutal hunting nature and intelligence that would allow the use of tools.

Morbi

Scavenger
We've talked about his voice, but what kind of expressions do you think Ridley would have? Some characters that were pretty boring in Brawl have gotten upgrades when it comes to emotive reactions (just look at smug Charizard here), so could Ridley get the same treatment?

I think Andrea's surprised Ridley art is a good start for when he gets hit. Maybe a menacing look with the most subtle of grins when landing a successful blow, and a proud glint in his eyes while in flight. Little things like that.
There is a lot of debate occurring where many believe that Zero-Suit was sexualized for Smash 4. I would love for Ridley to get the same treatment.

Top Bottom