• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That picture can't get our hopes up, as much as I want him to be confirmed tomorrow the odds are at E3.
Also just think about, Sakurai probably did that cause he knew it would get our hopes up. I'm expecting a couple veterans and chrome tomorrow.
I actually think Ridley may have more of a chance of being revealed now than a new Fire Emblem character would, mostly because we've actually seen a lot of Metroid content so far, kind of like how a lot of people expect Palutena for the Direct because of all the Kid Icarus stuff we've been getting. Fire Emblem hasn't really gotten that much attention outside of a few looks at Arena Ferox and Marth.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
That picture can't get our hopes up, as much as I want him to be confirmed tomorrow the odds are at E3.
Also just think about, Sakurai probably did that cause he knew it would get our hopes up. I'm expecting a couple veterans and chrome tomorrow.
That's what I'm thinking

I think mewtwo is more likely to be revealed. I mean a direct like this could be big enough for him I mean I know he's more E3 worthy as well but it's still a good chance

UltimateWario

Smash Master
*Pyrosphere gets revealed*
Sakurai: OH GEE, I WONDER WHO COULD BE RELATED TO THIS STAGE.

*Mother Brain assist trophy*
Sakurai: OH GEE, GUESS WHICH FRANCHISE GETTING MORE REPRESENTATION HUH GUYS.

*Puppy and scale issues*
Sakurai: OH GEE, I WONDER WHO WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS WITH HIS SIZE

*Metroid assist trophy a day before Smash Direct*
Sakurai: OH GEE, GUESS WHAT SERIES MIGHT BE FEATURED ON TOMORROW'S DIRECT.

Pretty much my interpretation to every moment Sakurai hinted at Ridley.
Pretty much this.

Also, I feel like the Metroid picture would've been more hint-y if had been tomorrow, pre-Direct, rather than today.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Pretty much this.

Also, I feel like the Metroid picture would've been more hint-y if had been tomorrow, pre-Direct, rather than today.
I'm wondering if we're just going to get another odd picture of Peach tomorrow.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
If/when ridley joins tomorrow I think it may feature Mother brain (I don't know if her bodied form or just her head) and/or the Metroid that looks like a baby metroid

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If/when ridley joins tomorrow I think it may feature Mother brain (I don't know if her bodied form or just her head) and/or the Metroid that looks like a baby metroid
Oh my god. If Ridley's reveal trailer is similar somehow to the opening scene of Other M, complete with shouts of "THE BABY!!!!" I'm going to laugh my ass off.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
inb4 image of Samus with captions reading something along the lines of "Today's the great day! But what is Samus concerned about...?"
She's worried that her series may not get the representation it deserves. Again.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
;/ Samus will show her "baby" problems? on Ridley's reveal?

baby_samus_by_kamryn-d31oqgt.jpg

No, please....just....NO

but, it would be funny

Last edited:

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god. If Ridley's reveal trailer is similar somehow to the opening scene of Other M, complete with shouts of "THE BABY!!!!" I'm going to laugh my *** off.
I only thought this because of Other and how it connects to super metroid and that the metroid in SSB4 looks a lot like a baby metroid and how Mother Brain is in SSB4, Super Metroid, and Other M, and since Mother brain has 2 forms it might be in Ridley's opening.

AndreaAC

xD i don't know why, but Mother Brain being an assist trophy and Ridley being playable, i think Ridley himself would say something like this to MB:

B2A571_0D66B426002EA_000.gif

"HA! WHO'S THE SECOND IN COMMAND NOW?! I, THE TRUE LEADER OF THE SPACE PIRATES, COMMANDS YOU, B*TCH!!!"

Last edited:

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
If/when ridley gets announced as a Playable, what model will sakurai use? sakurai can be strange and unpredictable and go for brawl one like how the mother brain in SSB4 doesn't look much like the on in other M

UltimateWario

Smash Master
If/when ridley gets announced as a Playable, what model will sakurai use? sakurai can be strange and unpredictable and go for brawl one like how the mother brain in SSB4 doesn't look much like the on in other M
Well, Mother Brain only appeared in her "Chicken Legs: Form in Other M (and very very briefly), so Sakurai just used her most iconic appearance. I imagine that we'll get a cleaned-up, much nicer-looking Other M version. If Sakurai were smart, he'd go for Other M's concept art.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
At this point, I predict an original model that may or may not take inspiration from Other Ridley. Either way, none of the existing designs are what I would call fit for the movement and action that a fighter like Smash has.

Personally, I would like to see a slightly buffed ZM design (I don't know if I have said this before, but that is the best design, even objectively-speaking).

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
AND Samus.
About Dark Samus - well, she appeared in more games than Kraid and Mother Brain (now just an AT) if you will count MP1...but it is kinda unimportant since all it did was erased from existance by Samus...other than things destroyed and peoples killed...so, its like it never existed now in metroid universe. But would be cool anyway...
Kraid is...well...too friggin` huge!
... Was it actually necessary for me to note that Samus appears in more Metroid games than Ridley? :p We all know Samus is in Metroid games AND we know that Samus is in SSB4.

AndreaAC

emoticones.jpg

T-the design.....OH GOD, HOW IS IT GOING TO BE?! I'm not going to be able to sleep again....! I'm SCARED!!

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I don't think Sakurai would legally be able to do that, considering our hearts would all likely explode.
I'm just imagining Sakurai using miiverse posts as if he was using the Death Note now.

I'm hoping for something similar to the Brawl model. Though whatever we get is fine as long as it's not the NES Ridley.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
*Pyrosphere gets revealed*
Sakurai: OH GEE, I WONDER WHO COULD BE RELATED TO THIS STAGE.

*Mother Brain assist trophy*
Sakurai: OH GEE, GUESS WHICH FRANCHISE GETTING MORE REPRESENTATION HUH GUYS.

*Puppy and scale issues*
Sakurai: OH GEE, I WONDER WHO WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS WITH HIS SIZE

*Metroid assist trophy a day before Smash Direct*
Sakurai: OH GEE, GUESS WHAT SERIES MIGHT BE FEATURED ON TOMORROW'S DIRECT.

Pretty much my interpretation to every moment Sakurai hinted at Ridley.
Trust me....i feel exzactly the same....

Ahhh....geee.....its what this thread does to you man...i wasent like this before.....but its because of this thread why i actually went from lurking to a member...so i guess i should just shut up...and wait for tommorow......remember guys there is still E3.

But yh if no Radley reveal tommorrow or E3....then yh......i dunno....you guyz can do what you want.....

I cant help but raise a big flag...like lakitu does in that ''Shy Guy Says'' mini game in mario party 2 if we dont get any one of a Ridley/Mewtwo/K.Rool reveal by June 14th......

260px-MP2_Shy_Guy_Says.png

I mean..however way you look at it if that does happen...it is grim.....really grim....for real...

AndreaAC

92A571_0D5A44F5C158A_001.gif

OH GOD, i have never been so nervous in my life...well except when there is some exams but...

I'm so scared...i mean, good thing if Rids get revealed....but his design...i will turn out loving it or hating it? or what?!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'll get back to you on that in about 21 hours.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
You know, given the artistic direction this thread has taken, I'm surprised that not even once (to my knowledge) have we discussed about the potential image that accompanies the character's page for Ridley.

I think it'd be an homage to Super Metroid's intro/Melee's intro. You know, a bunch of characters facing Ridley, who is flying away with a Smash Ball on his feet instead of the Metroid Hatchling.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Ice Ridley confirmed for best Ridley color. (Seriously, Ridley looks -Shokio voice- "cool as ****" when he's white.)

I also really like that design used in the recolor display. Very good combination of designs. The tailsword, though... :urg:

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
View attachment 11613
Alright, alright, there's alternative choices for everything...there's also this as an option...I'd probably use that sixth color alot...it just looks nice.
I really like that design actually. It's like SM Ridley's build with Roidley's aesthetics. It looks really neat.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If the update tonight is Metroid-related I'll start to fully join in the hype train...

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Kinda of off topic from the current conversation, but I just convinced someone on reddit that Ridley would be perfect for the new Smash Bros! Hopefully Sakurai doesn't need convincing about that though...

Zynux

Smash Lord
One little Metroid jumped this thread by 3 pages.

Hyper Beam power must have rained down on all of us today.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Not sure how well this will be received, but I decided to give Ridley and Samus the MLP treatment just for kicks.

Top Bottom